Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salutations

Hello! So I suppose everyone knows the drill by now. New Person. Not new to forum games. Love Star Wars. ETC. ETC.
Seems to be an interesting timeline on this site though, I like the concept of a new era of grand exploration and discovery. And I would, of course, enjoy any help getting oriented :)

Welcome! Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay and always feel free to ask me any questions you may have, or anyone. Everyone is very welcoming here.

Amadis said:
Hello! So I suppose everyone knows the drill by now. New Person. Not new to forum games. Love Star Wars. ETC. ETC.
Seems to be an interesting timeline on this site though, I like the concept of a new era of grand exploration and discovery. And I would, of course, enjoy any help getting oriented :)

Greetings and welcome! May the Yun'o rejoice in your coming.

Do-ro'ik Vong Pratte.

Also if you want any help getting to know the site my PM inbox is ready and willing.

Vanir Shaw

Eye of the darkness
HAI. Welcome to SWRP! Make yourself at home, and try some of my homemade brownies! They may be a little undercooked, but they're delicious!

Thanks for the warm welcomes! So initial character ideas to bounce off of you all:
#1: Shard Jedi: Shards are sentient crystals, some of which are naturally force-sensitive. Given their centuries long life-span while attached to their main colony, it is likely that they remember the chaotic days before the Virus. This life-span also leads them to be very, very slow to make decisions. Fortunately, a few centuries of isolation due to the virus allows them the time to reach a consensus on rejoining galactic politics. Ambassadors, and those who seek to become jedi, have their crystals cut from the main colonies, literally tearing themselves away from their larger body. This Shard is then installed into a specially modified droid body. The character would be a force-sensitive shard seeking admittance to the Jedi Order while at the same time observing the new and changed galaxy with a sense of wonder and excitement that only comes from such brand new experiences. The droid body comes with a variety of advantages, as well as disadvantages in both regards. Eventual plans include constructing a lightsaber using a piece of his own body as the focusing crystal, and capitalizing on the resilience of his droid body to maintain a much more aggressive combat style than your typical Jedi.

#2: Fear is the Root of the Dark Side: Let me tell you a story. When the virus was sweeping through the galaxy, spreading death and terror in its wake, one member of the Jedi had a revelation. The virus was what showed it. It showed people either succumbing to their terror and dying. Or it showed them using it. Harnessing their fear and turning it into survival. They could hate and rage all they wanted, but what caused them to live was fear. Fear was life. Fear drove life. Fear of death drove people to live. Fear of being forgotten drove people to strive to be remembered. Fear of weakness drove people to seek power. Fear was the very heart of power for the Dark Side. This nameless Jedi knew fear, and he embraced it. His old order that denied fear and sought calm and serenity? They were fools. Idealistic and lucky fools, laudable in some ways. But still fools. They denied the life-giving power of terror. The fallen Jedi went into seclusion, refining the powers of his fear. Through his meditations he reached an enlightenment in the Dark Side, life corrupting itself in raw terror around him. But even this could not sustain him forever. He had another revelation: He had stopped fearing death. He had started to fear that his teachings, his revelations would die with him. That fools would still delude themselves thinking that hatred, anger, and base lust for power were the extent of the Dark Side. And so in the last days of his life the Jedi brought all of his knowledge and horrifying power together into a holocron. A dark artifact that would carry on his legacy into a new era.

Centuries passed. The Jedi died and was indeed forgotten. But his holocron waited. And waited. And waited. Until at last, someone happened upon it once more. A young man, ignorant of the danger of the place he explored as well as his sensitivity to the Force. Seeking wealth in the lost places of a new galaxy. He stumbled, tripped, and fell into the dark abyss where the artifact waited. He broke his leg, lamed himself. But it was a small price to pay for what he discovered. For in that place of utter darkness it truly was his fear that sustained him. Fear of starvation, fear of death. The holocron showed him many things. It drew out his powers. Showed him the strength that came from terror. Showed him how he could harness his fear to save himself. And this is what happened. The young boy is no more. Replaced by the apprentice of the holocron. He comes to the Sith bearing dark enlightenment. But the Sith only respect strength.

When brought to battle the young man radiates fear. You can see it in his eyes. In his face. In his rigid stance. He is scared of you. Terrified of dying. Terrified of injury. He has no formal training. Easy to defeat. Another notch on the lightsaber. But this is a trap. The entire fight is a trap, carefully inoculated into the apprentice. His fear is harnessed towards his survival, he allows it to show through. It drives him to defend himself, acting ever cautiously, watching your movements, always ready for your feints. His obvious terror invites you to let your guard down. Let your discipline lapse. You never notice the true assault. The fear that radiates. The cold, wet terror that pours from him. Always looking for a way into your thoughts. One loose chink in the armor and it is in. A force technique of horror that drives towards utter madness. And then you are shown the true power of Fear. The heart of the Dark Side of the Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom