Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales. Glorious Sales.

[member="Ferron Troste"]

Sentimentality had caused Vanessa Vantai to send a letter to the sales department of Kuat Drive Yards. For what reason? She merely desired to acquire the blueprints of and rights to the Avarice-class Star Destroyer and the Invictus-class Star Destroyer, both of the vintage of the original Sith Empire. The message read as follows:

​To whom it may concern,

​My name is Vanessa Vantai, and I represent Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing. I am of the understanding that you have blueprints belonging to a couple of old ship classes - the Avarice and Invictus-class Star Destroyers. I am interested in purchasing the blueprints to these ships and all rights to produce, modify, or otherwise utilize them. I can offer a high sum of credits, or we can negotiate over such.

​I hope we'll be able to come to a satisfactory arrangement.

​Regards,
Vanessa Vantai

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

It seemed Ferron would have some company mail from the HoloNet, this day, one for some old ships of the newer era, after the catastrophes of the universe. Someone wanted to buy the blueprints to some old ships made some odd years ago.... nothing original to the KDY name, nor important to Ferron. Unfortunately, at this moment, credits were not entirely a concern for the company at the moment - moreso remaking their image was. These ships also seemed to be made for a Sith organization back in the day, and that would be an option anymore for KDY. But, otherwise they would gather dust. Ferron thought for a moment as he stared at the HoloNet message and thought. Then an idea came to him.... he pulled up the information he could find on this.... Vanessa Vantai and DCMM. They manufactured a lot of things Ferron hoped for KDY to eventually produce. This was a good idea he had.

"Dear Vanessa Vantai,

This is Ferron Troste, the new owner of Kuat Drive Yards. The Blueprints can be made available to you if we can come to an agreement on a transfer of personnel. I see you have operations in vehicles and weapons, I would appreciate having some of your personnel transfer over to Kuat Drive Yards so that we can more easily transition into such operations; perhaps some of your leading experts, or second best. We can also negotiate credits between our financial advisors. Does this sound like a reasonable arrangement?

Respectfully,
President Troste"

​Dear Mr. Troste,

How delightful to hear a response from you. I would be glad to exchange the resources of several of my designers in exchange for the blueprints - though of course their transferal to you would be but a temporary occurrence. Defiance has a sufficient amount of credits - I believe more resources and cooperative material would be beneficial in comparison to such. Kuat does have a tremendous amount of technological designs at its behest, and I have found many to be classical warships well deserving of revisions.

​I hope to hear back further from you.

​Regards,
Vanessa Vantai

[member="Ferron Troste"]

Seeing the response, Ferron was a little disappointed. However, it did make sense. He didn't want to steal the employees, and they weren't assets you can just buy and sell. He agreed, slightly.

"To Miss Vantai,

This can be agreed upon, mostly. However I must press that until we properly settle in our new Operations, the assignment for your employees must stay within KDY. Once we have the business and locations arranged, I can return your employees to you, transport fees covered. I will also cover their temporary living arrangements on our Orbital Array. Once we are ready, we will contact you again, at that time I hope you would have dossiers of the personnel you are willing to part with for the time being. Does this sound like a reasonable arrangement?

Respectfully,
President Troste"

​President Troste,

​This is something I can certainly agree with. I would also not be opposed to allowing you the usage of starfighter and starship weaponry that DCMM has manufactured for your warships - our export weaponry, at least. I will provide you with recommendations for personnel soon.

​Regards,
Vanessa Vantai

[member="Ferron Troste"]

Well, that was certainly a generous bonus to the proposal, but Ferron wasn't in agreement. He had no use for foreign weapons or components, although he didn't need to sound rude about it.

To Miss Vantai,

Your offer of weaponry is most, gracious, however unnecessary. Please be prepared for the next time I contact you, and that is all I will need. Our financial Advisors can surely figure out the monetary part of the deal to something you can function with, and I'll have the necessary transportation and care prepared for when the time comes to transfer the personnel. I will my electronic signature, to allow you access to the blueprints for extraction. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Respectfully,
President Troste"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom