Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Salacia Consolidated Pacanth Reach Resource Mines

Status
Not open for further replies.
leon-tukker-mining-complex1-as.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To expand Salacia Consolidated’s resource mines
  • Image Credit: Leon Tukker
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Salacia | Dev
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Mine Name: Salacia Consolidated Pacanth Reach Resource Mines
  • Material: Silicax Ocalate, Rock Ivory, Zersium, usual byproducts of sand, gravel, clay, stone, etc
  • Location: Six locations : Ravaath, Sorimow, Bunduki, Fornow, Zaddja, Houche
  • Affiliation: Salacia Consolidated
  • Size: Massive
  • Population: Moderately Staffed
  • Profit: High
  • Accessibility: Out in the middle of unpopulated areas, the mines are massive complexes, both above and below the surface. Easily seen from space or from a distance, one could reasonably stumble upon the sites with ease. While they are not open to the public, trespassing could easily occur even with security measures.
  • Description: A pit mine covered with a towering operations facility is located at each of the mining sites. Instead of a traditional open pit mine, Salacia has developed a system to have everything contained in order to cut down on trespassing, pilferage from outsiders, and conditions for the miners. The tower contains everything needed to run a mining operation in even the most rural and backwater conditions.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Mining Operations Tower : The mining tower over the open pits is its own self-contained entity. Each tower has everything needed to run smoothly : barracks, small medcenter, cafeteria, offices,gym, entertainment center, supply rooms, communications center, etc. Due to the remote nature of the mines, workers typically work in a quarterly rotation before given an equal amount of time off.

Mine : An open pit-style mine on the surface, below the surface the mine spiders out into several tunnels. Each mine is dug as deep as possible given the geology of the planet currently being mined. Tunnels are reinforced, drilled by massive tunnel boring machines. The ability to spider out and continue to mine outward increases the profitability and longevity of each mining site.

SECURITY
Medium. Staffed by civilian security forces, there are several logistical challenges that would easily allow for intruders to trespass in the mining areas. Although having a massive operations tower over the main entrance, it is feasible for someone to use a back emergency exit from an auxiliary tunnel to enter. Alternatively, it could be easy to enter disguised as a worker, as the massive size can lend for an impersonal nature of just another face in the crowd.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
With the destruction of Pantha and exit of the many of the governmental forces in the area, Salacia saw untapped potential in many of the uninhabited or low populated planets in the sector. An exploratory committee was formed, surveys of each planet were conducted. Logistical challenges were hammered out, as well as modeling for profits and loss in the region.

Not their typical area, Salacia Consolidated considers the Pacanth Reach Expansion Project one of their most important yet. These six mines are their first steps to creating a strong presence in the area, with plans to continue pushing into this portion in the galaxy in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom