Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sakura Pellet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source:
Intent: To bring one of Sakura's projects forward with the different procedures and upgrades.
Development Thread: if needed

Manufacturer: Sakura Welfare
Model: Hormone Pellet
Affiliation: Private Market
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)
Material:

• Hormone Complex
  • Pellet
Strengths:
  • Increases muscle tissue (typically 50-70%)
  • skeletal structure (20-30%)
Weaknesses:
  • Requires a healthy individual
  • Dangerous if used more then once
  • Danger of elephantiasis
  • Can create cardiac problems
Description: Designed by Sakura for use in their procedures as a way to test out what they can do with the human biots recovered in the Rift facilities and information about it. A pellet of growth hormone in inserted into the thyroid allowing muscles and bones growth occur. In a controlled setting under optimal conditions the growth rate is perfect increasing size and strength of the the one taking the procedure and implant from Sakura. The increase in size comes with a great risk and as with most Sakura implants and procedures it is highly recommended that only the most healthy of individuals attempt the procedure. The dangers of the growth hormone itself is normally lw risk but there is never a sure thing. Observation for ninety days afterwards to ensure the procedure was a success. Recovery time is six months normally as your body is adjusting and acclimating with a firm warning about activity that needs to be taken in. Using more then one pellet is also not recommended or advised as it will be deadly.
Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Cathbodua said:
Increases muscle tissue and skeletal structure
How big of an increase are we talking about?

Cathbodua said:
A pellet of growth hormone in inserted into the thyroid allowing muscles and bones growth occur.
Are we talking about actual growth hormone, or is this more generic?

The thyroid is related to bone growth through its release of calcitonin, so from that perspective, the insertion site sort of makes sense. But I don't quite understand why this would be a good insertion site otherwise. Unless the idea is that the growth hormone(s) will flow out from that one area to the rest of the body.

[member="Gir Quee"]

they would be more Red She Hulk then Bane so maybe 50-70% increase for average beings

Yes so that it can go throughout the entire body with a single process as opposed to dozens of injections

Cathbodua said:
Increases muscle tissue and skeletal structure (typically 50-70% an average human would be over seven feet tall with the body to match)

There exists cyborg augmentation that can provide around that boost in strength, so I can get behind the strength increase. I'm not so sure about someone growing that much larger. While there is a lot variety of sizes in humans, the human body is pretty much optimized in design for people with normal heights. Gigantism in real life comes with its share of problems because of that size increase, but such a sudden increase in a person would likely cause further complications. For example, not only would the skeleton and muscles need to increase, but the nervous would have to as well, or else there are going to be areas of the body that lose innervaration. I'd really consider removing a large height increase, though I think it'd make sense for them to appear to be much more muscular and built.

[member="Gir Quee"] edited it a little as there should be some size increase but doesn't have to be massive (or if used the writers discretion). I also know the dangers and there is a lot more to this project just finishing up the one dev thread tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom