Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints and Sinners [Open to All]

The Hound

T
Like clockwork Turin's own vessel settled down near Jorus' own. A satisfying green light indicated the landing gear had not buckled beneath the weight of the supplies and they were ready to disembark. As they all began to funnel out of the two ships Turin glanced over at the man they called Jorus. With a few words and a wave the man was off on some mystery journey via swoop. He hoped he would be alright, but he didn't think he would find trouble, something about him just screamed sneaky thief.

Looking around the slum his face began to turn into a frown, his blue eyes saddened by the state of affairs. This was his home, and now it was reduced to this. The Sith would pay, though weather or not Turin would be an instrument in their destruction was beyond even his own foresight. By now his hair had grown longer and was kept in a short pony tail, he wore robes inscribed with Falannassi script over a light set of durasteel and leather armor. Rubbing the stubble that adorned the young man's face he knew he had his own mission.

As the supplies began to move from the ship Turin immersed himself in the Force, reaching out to the small presence he had felt just before touching down. There were millions of people still left on the planet, many of them Force sensitive and Sith, while others were straggler Jedi, and others still untapped potential so pinning this singular presence was a task in itself. Or at least he had thought it would be. It was surprisingly distinct and unique among the millions of souls. Touching the being's mind he attempted to emanate a sense of calm and friendliness as he walked among the thousands of people assembled to receive the good and medical supplies they so desperately needed.
[member="Nohemi Allaneh"] [member="Sybil Manneseh"] [member="Rosa Mazhar"] [member="Darth Isolda"]

The roof had literally been brought down.

Hours of fluttering between consciousness and unconsciousness had turned to days, and the Jedi Master didn't have a clue. Durasteel scraped against the floor as he slowly crawled inside the pristine vault, his very blood sullying what had never known anything but security. Ash and soot left further evidence that the former GrandMaster was in a place known by only a handful of beings, none currently present. White marble, and other decorative materials masked walls nigh impervious to any type of destruction. The three meter tall ceiling was more than enough room for him to walk around, but his legs simply wouldn't cooperate with the task that he had tried to set to them multiple times. Damn this prosthesis, never can truly hold up when I need it to. Cortosis bracers that normally covered his forearms were destroyed or discarded, and his right hand was virtually useless at the moment. So it was up to some rather uncomfortable crawling, and the use of his one good hand as he made his way to his present location.

"Grrrr," he growled to himself as he willed his body on past the main chamber in the vault he had built. Whatever security measures he had put in place for the area had already been unlocked, or compromised from what had happened. Don't think about it Darron, relax yourself. Another growl sounded from his normally relaxed face as it contorted in pain. Taking a break from sliding across the floor, he relaxed against the pale wall as he instinctively clutched at his side. Oblique muscles flexed instinctively, and the shrapnel trapped in them only made the exertion that much more painful for the fallen warrior. Clutching at his side, he could feel what the shrapnel was: his very armor. Forcing himself to look down, and remove himself from the situation he was in, he could fully examine the wound that he was fully feeling. Darron's sleevless body glove was torn in multiple places in his upper torso, but the major wound was from a piece of his own chest plate that remained lodged inside his own body. At this point in time, youv'e got two choices Wraith: either pull it out or deal with it later.

A quick exhale was his answer as he forced himself further from the chamber with the precious Holocrons of the Jedi Order and into the final chamber in the secure vault. Another eternity past as he fell forward onto his wounded sternum. Each pull with his one good hand felt like an entire battle, but pressed on. "You have to do this Darron, you have to." Stopping himself mid pull, he looked to see who was speaking to him. It was the voice of a man he had never heard before, but behind it was a voice he had heard in his dreams. "Who is that?" Confusion laced his words, and his vision began to blur further as he pulled himself onward towards the last door. Boot steps could be heard, and from the sounds of it it was more than just a few.

It had to be a thousand men at least.

"Press on father," came this angelic voice he had heard only one time before. "Wh-where have I heard your voi-voice child?" Clear blue eyes looked at the retinal scanner before him in a haze, his vision blurring further. Footfalls were beginning to surround him, and a cold chill was going up his spine. As he drug himself further, and finally into a room only he could ever access, he realized why he had that feeling of dread. I don't have a lightsaber, he realized to himself. "So this is how it will end for me?" His voice came out very weak, and burdened by so much that the Jedi Master had experienced. Pain and memories flashed across his mind's eye from events in his past, present; and he simply fell flat on his chest as he lost the strength to continue onward. Forcing himself to look up, the white room was suddenly three very distinct colors.

Blue, green, and red.

The footfalls came closer, and shadows seemed to be meeting all around him. A few faces were recognizable, but the majority were faces that he couldn't pull out of a crowd. "Why have you followed me here? Is it the knowledge contained in here that you are looking for?" Wraith coughed up what tasted like copper, but he didn't dare look at what he could only assume was a chin covered in blood. Using his elbows, he backed up to the central dais in the room where a few artifacts that he personally found invaluable lay at rest. The men before him started to march forward, and all their blades activated. Emerald, azure, and crimson flooded the room to mix with the men covered in shadows as the kept marching in closer. Always a warrior, Darron tried to find a lightsaber nearby that he could pull with his own grip, yet he was still too weak. Still searching for answers, his own frustration finally revealed itself as his calm finally started to crack at the seams. "Tell me who you are, and why have you followed me so far down after I destroyed everything?"

Wraith's eyes finally started meeting theirs.

I've killed all of these men and women myself, he thought to himself. More panic hit his chest, but he couldn't get himself to do anything other than rest against the central dais and pull himself up to lean and stare at those he had murdered himself. Glacier blue eyes wearily searched the assembled throng before him, and he saw his own comrades, those he had failed in some capacity among the group. For every Sith Lord staring right at him, there was a brother in arms who had fallen due to Wraith's own decisions. "How many of you are from Roche, or from today?" His voice was growing weaker, but he could feel a shift in the room as more and more individuals crowded the room. Darron's usual calm, empty cup approach to the Force was failing him as he finally felt the weight of all his failures. There was no light in the room anymore, and he finally realized that the fallen had come for one thing. They had all come to reclaim the man who had caused, or led them to their deaths. Darkness drew to his boots, and the weight of it's presence cut Wraith off from trying to do anything as hundreds of lightsabers raised as one. I guess this is the end, I'm finally on trial for my failures.

"No father, do not give up. This is not your purpose."

That angelic voice sounded again, yet a warm touch joined it's presence. Weakly turning his head, he caught the sight of a fully illuminated hand. As his eyes traveled up her arm, he fully comprehended the young woman before him. Her features were a mixture of his and [member="Rosa Mazhar"]'s and a few stray tears fell down the veteran Jedi's stony face. Shock finally found it's way to his face, both in what was happening, and with the loss of a good bit of his blood. Normally full of color, his wide eyes only highlighted how pale his face was. Convulsions were starting, but he didn't stare at the many blades waiting to sear through his flesh. No, he merely focused his own blue eyes on a pair of brown eyes framed by straw colored hair. "You, how could you understand what m-my purpose is?" In a feeble effort, he tried to reach for her with his prosthetic limb. The failed gesture brought a smile to the ethereal woman's face, and she only stroked his cheek to catch the tears and try to warm him as his body's temperature began to drop. "Father, you didn't fail me. Nor did mother, you both did your duty to the Republic. You can't blame yourself for my fate, it was written in the Force what would happen to me." Wraith couldn't reply, his convulsions were only growing stronger by the moment, and he wasn't fighting them at all. "I-I just need to ac-accept my f-fate."

"Then stand up, and accept that you must continue on." His daughter's eyes continued to bore into his own soul, for however long it held on to his physical form before joining the Force. "You have long been the epitome of a Jedi father, why suddenly let guilt weigh you down? You can't be everywhere always. You yourself must understand this. I didn't come here to watch you die, I came here to watch you get up and start living again for the first time since before you were frozen or were with mother." Her pointed words snapped him out of his deliriousness, and he finally managed to make eye contact with his daughter and hold it. "My name is Elana Wraith, and I bear a proud Jedi heritage. Mother has embraced life again and moved on. It's time for you to understand the the guilt you hold with you is going to destroy you and everything else along with it. You're not an Empath like my mother, she had to sort through her feelings on her own and with the help of others." A smile crossed her face as she brushed his bloodied hair with her fingers. "You're a Guardian, and one of the finest examples of one since the Jedi were created. The darkness can't stand against you when you're fully illuminated in the Force. Vaapad is your means of burning it back, and even Mace Windu himself would envy your Mastery of his skills." His gaze never left his daughters, and the darkness around him seemed so far away suddenly.

"The Republic needs you again, and it's time for you to set aside everything. You can't save lives if you're burdened by everything. Man up and practice what you preach, let go of everything and simply be yourself again. Or do you like to travel in the shadowy corners of the galaxy and not help bring peace to the galaxy like you did a couple of years ago?" His lips started to form a reply, but her finger went to his lips and shushed him. "More will fall, and it will get darker before it gets brighter in the galaxy father. You know this deep in your heart, but [member="Kiskla Grayson"] can't lead the Jedi without you there on the front-lines battling the monsters many fear." Tears continued down his face as he realized she was right, and he hung his head in shame. "I just fai-failed so many El-Elana." A sharp tap could be felt on his breastplate as she slapped the broken durasteel with her small fist. "No you didn't, you did everthing you could and then some more after that. Look deep inside yourself and understand you didn't fail Rolf Sergeo, @Je'gan Olr'ean, [member="Ashin Varanin"], [member="Spencer Jacobs"], [member="Rosa Mazhar"],[member="Aleidis Ijet"], your children, or anyone else. [member="Ben Watts"] did an amazing job after you left the Order to deal with what happened at Roche, father." Elana's kind eye's bore into his soul some more before she continued. "They are all actually counting on you to finally come back. You never returned from that hangar on Roche father."

"It's time to walk out from there and be the Paragon of light that you always should be. The Republic needs a protector, and the Jedi need a uniter. It's time for you to step up and embrace yourself and your destiny again." Words failed him as Elana stood up, grabbed something off the panel he was leaning on and placed it in his left hand. The darkness snarled as the object glowed slightly in his hands. Looking down with all his strength, he could feel her closing his fingers around the cool, Electrum-plated surface. Black and gold plating was obvious everywhere, and he suddenly realized what he was holding. "Mace Wi-Windu's lightsaber?" His question hung in the air for a moment as he was still reeling from everything he was thinking about. Though his digits were numb, he clung to the ancient hilt with a new found strength. Wraith himself had found the relic in the old Imperial archives, and seeing it once more after being gone from the Republic so long only hammered the point home what he was holding. Elana's warm touch only pressed his grip harder around the hilt that was residing in his hands, the aura of the ancient Vaapad Master coalescing with the injured Jedi holding the weapon.

"Father, I'm here to present a choice." Her brown eyes fell on the shadows and all their red, blue, and green weapons raised above him. "Either let the weight of the past bury you, and be lost forever and join the Force after letting yourself fail." Then her eyes shifted to the gold emitter ring of the hilt in his hand,"Or activate this weapon and burn the past away. Take this weapon of a true defender of the peace and become the man you always have been up until the past few years. Let the failures you hold so close to heart fall away, and take your life back and defend everyone who needs you." Wraith looked at his choices, and he couldn't believe what he was being presented. "So, I c-can either die, or let go?" Elana nodded, and a question formed that begged asking. "Why isn't Tobias, your brother here? Why is it only you here?" A knowing smile came across her face as she grabbed his thumb and laid it over the activation switch. "Because he isn't lost, he isn't one with the Force yet. You didn't fail him father, you just weren't told the whole truth."

"He lives?" New found strength found him as he started to move a little, "you mean he's alive?" Her smile told him everything he needed to know. "Go father," she said as she stroked his cheek for a minute. Her presence was fading, and her words were growing distant. "Go save him, and everyone else. Be who you are, and let go of everything. I promise you will see me again when the time is right, tell mother I love her." More tears fell from his face as his unborn daughter's spirit passed, but he did something he hadn't truly done in two years. Darron Wraith, inhaled all his pain and sadness into himself as the darkness started to crash in around him. Emerald, azure, and crimson blades coming for him. His thumb pressed the activation switch as he finally let go of everything, and then the darkness and it's weapons were gone.

A lone amethyst blade ignited with a snap-hiss, and everything went white.

Some while later...

Blue eyes opened slowly, but those eyes were now clear. Slowly standing to his feat, he looked his battered body over and saw he wasn't bleeding. Yes his prostesis was damaged, but he was perfectly fine. A few nicks and cuts were nothing compared to his former state, and he felt lighter than he had in years. A small bag was on his shoulders, and he could feel his holocron and those of his brothers in the package. Looking down to his belt, he couldn't find his lightsaber hilt, it had long been destroyed in bringing the temple down. Instead, there was Windu's hilt on his belt waiting for him. "So it wasn't a vision, that really hapened." A smile crossed his face as he heard someone leaving the adjacent chamber. A sense of urgency took over as he opened himself to the Force, pure for the first time in years. His connection renewed, he ran towards the man that was leaving and yelled at him. "Wait, what do you think you are doing with those?!" His volume was low, but his tone inferred he didn't agree with those sacred relics being taken by [member="Jorus Merrill"].

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darron Wraith"]

"Easy, Darron, easy.'

His voice changed with every body, every death. Trapped by the curse of a centuries-old Sith experiment, Je'gan Olra'en had been a Zabrak, an Ithorian, a woman, a small piscine species, a tsil, a holocron. Currently, he was a man, a human. Luck of the draw, but he'd had a couple of years to fully integrate his muscle memory, give this body that lived-in look. The hand that came up from nowhere to catch the running man as he stumbled, that hand was human, callused like a saber duellist, deeply tanned. The hand might be familiar; the body and face, less so. As he appeared out of his White Current cloak and Jorus Merrill's footsteps transitioned to the distant roar of a swoop bike making a getaway, Je'gan Olra'en admitted to himself that for some reason he couldn't remember if Darron had seen him in this form. Or, no, wait, that one time when they'd argued with Aleidis -- but had he been embodied, or the tsil?

Too many faces, too many deaths, too many fragments of lives.

"That's Merrill -- the pilot. I gave him this location, told him how to get in. Grandmaster-level clearance to find this place, remember." He grunted. "Never thought you'd have gone down the drop chute after the holocrons, old friend. Too much hair."

Both sets of vault doors closed behind the permanent illusion that kept it hidden from Sith Lords and droids alike. Je'gan leaned back against the wall of the vault, rested his head on durasteel. The hat brim flopped over his eyes. Tired as ever. "No, I thought you'd be elsewhere in the undercity, running stealth ops against Apparine, smuggling out surviving Jedi. Force, am I glad to see you. It's bad out there. Senate's run to Anaxes and farther, the One Sith are moving against the Carida system. The Jedi are in about four pieces, each less legitimate than the last. Most of what was in the temple up there was taken by...persons unknown. Maybe One Sith, maybe their allies, maybe some Jedi splinter faction or opportunist. To add insult to injury, Matsu Ike's been selling off the Jedi archives, what's left of them, on the open market.

"I sent Merrill to get these three because the only hope for the galaxy right now is something older than me. The archivists. The Order of the Selab."

He'd rarely spoken aloud the name of the secret order, of which he'd found himself grandmaster long before the Jedi title had come his way. Transnational, mobile, owing allegiance to many governments and causes, the Keepers of the Order had done their best to preserve knowledge throughout the Dark Age. It seemed their task was not done -- and that non-proliferation of the truly lethal information needed to be a higher priority. As to how much Darron knew about Selab, well...that, Je'gan didn't know.

"They'll be safe. By now he's halfway to places nobody knows better than him. And from there, he'll bring them, and himself, into the society of people who'll keep things secure."

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
Kal didn't pause at the sight of the temple or parts of the city world that had been damaged. The fact that the natural world had become a rare luxury item on any world was painful for the Neti. The wind drifted to a fro along the debris and wreckage. So many lives so winked out in a moment. He felt like he could still hear their cries as he walked along. How could this go unanswered? How could anyone reason that acts of this kind could bring unity. Pain was what this brought. The only union that would come would be the union of those appalled by such an act. The dust stirred beneath his woody feet the simple brown and yellow robes that hung on his large frame moved and swished in the unhindered wind.

Finally he found the place where water flowed beneath the debris. Shattered trees and branches pieces of plants that had been cut off in the midst of their bloom. Just like the animals that had inhabited this place. The myriad species that called the Jedi Temple their home had died as one, and so too did the majority of this elegant garden. Kal knelt down by a tree who's trunk had been rent asunder. Large eyes filled with tears at the terrible calamity that had befallen this place. A deep breath was taken not to fill lungs but to release pressure from an aching heart. He lay a hand upon the trunk and drew on the force deeply. His sad eye dropping tears upon the broken tree. Slowly, a small green sprout broke the surface of the exposed heart wood and two tiny leaves appeared. He stopped the flow of the force and felt unsteady from using it at all. It was rare for Kal to use the force for anything, he preferred to follow the forces guidance and use what skills he had acquired to accomplish its goals. However, in this he felt the sprout was proof that a recover was possible. A new sprout to what was old a dead. He looked across the debris at the people ([member="Je'gan Olra'en"], [member="Darron Wraith"]) and turned to look for more survivors.

@Je'gan Olra'en, it was the spirit, not the face that he recognized. How many times had he seen the man change forms? Granted this was the one face that he did always seem to find himself coming back with. Darron himself hadn't seen all the man's forms or faces, he hadn't lived that long. So whatever shock he should have had on his face, the Force had helped numb it with the understanding of who was speaking to him. Relax Darron, you know this man regardless. It was the truth, Wraith knew his body language, and how he fought. Even if he ever was so foolish as to ignited his blade against his greatest friend, he would have known the truth within a milisecond of seeing the man go into his familiar Makashi or Soresu stance. There was only one being in the galaxy who could pull of two such conflicting forms in such a defining style, no one did it like him.

It was what connected them, they were warriors who sought peace.

Instead of speaking, he listened to his old friend for a few moments. Many things he mentioned made sense, and others had him confused. True to the respect he carried for one of the few people who were close to him, he merely listened. Questions could come at the end, Je'gan deserved to be heard. All this information about [member="Jorus Merrill"] shuttling the sacred Tion Holocron and other relics to safety didn't sit well with him, but this Order of The Selab had Darron's curiosity absolutely piqued. It was all a ton of information to take in, but Darron kept his normal emotionless expression and instead focused on standing. He wasn't near death like he had been in the vision(was it a vision?) but he wasn't exactly in top form either at the moment.

"As to running ops on the city, I literally just woke up old friend. I'm the reason this happened." Weakly, he motioned to all the rubble behind him that was once the very center of all Jedi activity in the galaxy. Granted it had been bombed and attacked before Wraith had shatterpointed the whole thing, but he had finally brought it down. "I didn't have a choice but to go down the chute, and no I didn't lose any hair." A playful glare crossed his face as he turned to fully face the former GrandMaster. "All I have on me are our own personal Holocrons," on that note he pulled out Je'gan's own Holocron and held it out for his friend to take. The damaged phalanges on his prosthesis barely gripping the ancient repository of knowledge. "I figured you'd like to have this back, though I do enjoy your company on nights when I can't find you old friend. It seems certain patterns repeat themselves." Darron knew Je'gan would understand, they both had managed to have their lives extended through different means, and had seen all those they care for leave the world of the living too many times.

A question formed before he thought it out.

"So tell more more about the Order of the Selab, if you think you have time. I'm curious about this, and why I'm just now learning about this." It was hard to not ask, but he had to know. "I'll gladly assist, as long as the Jedi get their artifacts and relics back, though I won't be giving this one up. It seems I am destined to hold on to this right now." Without even prompting, he pulled Windu's signature hilt from his belt and held it out, the emitter pointed away from both men. With a press of the activation switch the amethyst blade sprung to life. "I'm keeping this one if that's alright."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darron Wraith"] [member="Kalizka"]

He accepted his old holocron gratefully. "Thanks for this," he said. "I thought the Sith had taken it with the rest. I'm glad it's been useful to you. And you certainly don't need to ask me whether you can keep Windu's blade -- the Order has no jurisdiction, per se. Its purpose is just to keep knowledge safe until it's genuinely needed. When the Jedi exist again in any coherent way, they'll get back what I have; other Keepers may wait longer or shorter times. Even I don't know all the Keepers or what they all have. That's how we've operated in secret for centuries, close to two millennia according to some. As for why I never told you...well, frankly, I thought you knew of the Order, at least, as Grandmaster. I thought you would ask me if you ever wanted or needed to know more. But those were different and difficult times. We had a lot of things on our minds.

"But now the Jedi Order experiment has failed, and there's a decent chance we're looking at the first steps of a new Dark Age. I lived through the start of the last one. This time, we can prepare correctly. If you're willing to help the Order of the Selab account for, and protect, the lost holocrons, the Order could use your help.

"I sense perception, someone sensing us -- a Jedi, but too close to the Temple ruins. The Sith will be on him in minutes." Je'gan screwed his eyes shut and stretched out to Kalizka.

Friend...leave while you can...the Sith control the ruins...descend to the undercity where we are, and we will find you.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Darron Wraith"] [member="Je'gan Olra'en"]

The image of two men faded and the sound of the voice hit his mind. The words were wise Kal recognized that. He walked swiftly to the edge of the temple and slid slowly over the edge. He had never been a Kedi or anything for that matter. In his youth his only friend had been the Bafforr grove of Ithor where he spent many seasons.

Kal obeyed the benevolent voice knowing the force wouldn't warn him against danger for no reason. Indeed the sith would not be long and he should have known as much. With haste he moved toward th undercity. A few seeds from the garden in his pouch along with seeds from acrossed the galaxy. Then he did what long live persons do better than most he waited.

@Je'gan Olra'en [member="Kalizka"]

"I'd love to help, just get me what I need. I'll join, no questions asked." All he did was nod in the affirmative with his words, as he felt Je'gan reach out to Kalizka some ways away. What Darron didn't say was much more heartfelt. "Of course brother, I'd follow you to hell and back if you asked me to. You're my truest friend and the one person I have always counted on. You aren't my flesh and blood, but you're more of a brother to me than my biological one." Instead he reached out in the Force, and let his senses reach out. What he was doing amounted to shining a bright light in the dark and hoping no one saw him, there was nothing subtle to what he was doing. His Sphere of Responsibility reached out far and way, casting a wide field to find what was near. There they are, he thought to himself. Sure enough, Je'gan was right.

The enemy was near.

"Tell you what old friend, we need to do some investigating while we have the chance." Darron looked around to emphasize his meaning, Coruscant was no longer friendly territory. "We need to make the best of our time and see where the rest of the Jedi's archives are, or where they are heading." Blue eyes fell on a few corpses nearby, "there might be some more survivors as well." In his heart of hearts he knew it wasn't true, he could feel all the death nearby, but he still would always cling to hope. It was the foolish part of his innocent self that had never been lost. Call it naivete or just the simple hope of a man, it would never leave him. Looking to Je'gan, he only said one more thing. "Use your skills, I'll flirt with some stuff Kiskla taught me."

With some White Current skill, and a bit of Psychometry, that feat was accomplished. Standing in the ruins where the library had been, not a soul knew the pair of Jedi Masters were there. Je'gan had cloaked them, and Darron was sifting through the rubble trying to find anything that he could get a read off anything. "Have you found anything Je'gan?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darron Wraith"] [member="Kalizka"]

The presence he'd felt had begun descending toward the Undercity, where Je'gan and Darron had just come from. Once they'd poked around, once they were sure that presence hadn't been traced by Sith followers, they'd follow Kalizka down into the depths, and from there they'd evacuate. Eyes half-lidded, the apostate Fallanassi focused on the deeper currents of the Force.

"A Fallanassi was here," he said slowly, "no -- someone like a Fallanassi, but twisted. The White Current is roiled in odd ways. I feel strongly that the archives were taken by someone who knew the Fallanassi arts. One of my students, maybe, or one of Savan's old brood, the ones the Shadows used to track. Fontana, that whole crowd. A Darksider with enough of a White Current connection to leave traces in it. That narrows it down considerably."

He pointed at the nearest rubble-strewn descent into darkness. "Our friend went down there, no Sith pursuit." A patrol buzzed by overhead, unseeing, and elsewhere Darksiders combed the wreckage. He resisted the temptation to kill them all. "We should pick him up and cloak him before he attracts any more attention.

"Do you have anything else? I think I've gotten all I can."

Rosa Gunn

R
Automated speeders were loaded with goods and sent whizzing away into the undercity where most people had gone to hide. Those who had been brave enough to come to the surface were handed goods and despite the mad rush, its was conducted in quiet, with eyes forever flicking towards the sky. Although she was as tense as everyone around her, Rosa found her calm centre. Gentle hands dealt with what wounds were brought to her, and soft smiles eased the worries of those who looked on in fear. The Jedi had failed them, the republic had failed them and all they had to look upon was the smoky skies of coruscant patrolled by the One Sith. Their future unknown.

Mother.

Rosa tensed, a sharp intake of breath causing the woman she was treating to ask if she was ok. She forced a smile, nodded and fixed the bacta patch in place.

Mother.

The call was more urgent this time. Rising she made her way to [member="Turin Val Kur"]. "Turin, there's something I need to do. If things go wrong you get out. Don't wait for me." Giving his arm a squeeze she left without waiting for a response, snatching up her cloak and her rucksack she slung them both over her shoulders and headed deeper into the works. Only when she was alone among the monstrous gears, and certain that she hadn't been followed did Rosa close her eyes and open up her mind to let it run with the force.

"Elana." Her own brown eyes looked back at her, smiling beneath a mop of straw hair. Her face was so similar to Darron's, save for those eyes, those eyes were hers. The child extended her hand and Rosa took it. The moment the fingers touched she was no longer in the works, but she was beneath the temple. Darron lay wounded before her. "Darron!" she breathed making to step forward and help him. Elena's hand held her fast and Rosa looked down at her. "This is not for you to fix anymore."

Rosa watched as Elena stepped forward to encourage her father, her chest swelling with pride, not only at Darron for facing his demons and winning, but at the daughter she could have had. The image faded and she was back among the great gears. Crouching down before Elena she brushed a strand of hair from the girls face. "I love you, little one. Tell him I'm on my way"

"I love you too, Mother."

Rosa blinked and was alone again, but only physically. She picked a direction and put on a burst of force speed, heading into the tunnels and the undercity, trusting the force to guide her. It wouldn't take her long to catch up with [member="Darron Wraith"], speed had always been one of her strengths. She came up somewhere close to the temple, only to disappear back down with a hissed curse narrowly avoiding the sith patrol. Once it had passed she moved out into the open, pulling her hood up, dark eyes scanning the streets looking for something that might guide her.

She crouched and toyed with the idea of resting her hand on the walkway and using her psychometry to find something, but decided that was against her better judgement.

"HEY!" the shout brought her head snapping round to see a ground patrol heading towards her. She remained crouched, unarmed save for the force. "This is a restricted area! Beat it!"

Rosa smiled and rose slowly, charging her body with tutaminis as three blasters raised to point at her. "I didn't realise you dunderheads were on foot too. Very brave of you."

"This planet is ours, any rebellion will be crushed!" the leader of the trio spat at her feet "No matter how pretty they are."

Rosa scowled at him and stepped forwards in one fluid motion her hand moving over his face. "Sleep." she commanded and he hit the floor the two others opened fire and Rosa's palms raised to absorb the energy before returning it to them in the form of black spears, manifested from the darkness she carried with her. They slammed into their throats before they could get any call out for help. That said, anyone nearby would have heard the blaster fire.

@Je'gan Olra'en [member="Kalizka"]

Darth Banshee after procuring the assets of the of elite who fled coruscant, during and after the battle for control of the planet. Gathered a regiment of sith soldiers together, she planned to march to the under city to create order where the has been none before. As the regiment gathered darth banshee made a speech to holo news and her soldiers. Dear forgotten citizens of coruscant, yes you who live in the under city. Me and this regiment of our finest soldiers will be marching down their. We shall bring order, we shall stop the gangs who prevailed under the republic rule. I also shall bring down medical droids, food and other essentials. In coming weeks I intend to bringing jobs down their. I shall do this with assets that seized from the elite who left you to rot down their. They may have forgotten you, but we will not. After this speech her and her regiment began to march towards the under city, they left with convoy carrying food medical supplies medical droids. She intended to show the people down their, that they would help them. In turn she hoped they would become loyal, and join them to create an ordered galaxy.

Dust. So much. Blasters, explosions, had coated Doc in a sort of layer of dust, mixing in with his war paint that lay across his face. He tightly curled his hands around the knife in his hands, watching from behind the rubble. Sith troops had to go through a particular way to get to the blaster fire, it was only a squad. They weren't particularly big or heavily armed, they were just foot soldiers. Doc snarled in response. They were investigating a disturbance, and they hadn't called it in yet, but, Doc was unaware that it was [member="Rosa Mazhar"] who caused it.

Doc believed in the Republic. No, Kaiden, believed in it. Doc was a codename, a name given to him by his comrades, who lay on the ground, or had died long ago. Kaiden was wearing his Havoc squad armor, but had painted it black with white accents to match the feral persona he was beginning to take. Kaiden removed the trench knife, and sprang forward, jabbing it into the neck of the Sith trooper, who had no time to react to the knife being lodged in his throat. The next one, raised his rifle, but it's barrel was forced upward by one hand, and then another slammed it's open palm into his face, cracking the facemask of his helmet, and drawing blood. Kaiden moved like a savage brute, smashing and crushing his way through the men. Kaiden slammed the man with the broken faceplate to the ground, knocking him out. He took his rifle, and dropped to the ground, and aimed upwards at the troopers, laying down accurate fire from his position, cutting the other four down rather quickly. He stood up, walking over to the man with the knife in his neck. He was still alive.

He turned to the man who was knocked out, but not dead. He turned to the man who was choking, and was clinging to life as if it were a disease. He started over to him, grasping his brass-knuckle adorned knife, staring down at him. He could feel the fear, even through his faceplate."Meet death knowing you were bested by someone you thought you conquered, you vermin."Doc tore the knife out from his neck, showering the nearby area with blood. He began to viciously stab him, until he was satisfied that his life was extinguished. Kaiden stood, holding the knife in his hands. He was carrying his shotgun still, a pump action with not that many rounds left. He took a deep breath, curling his fingers around the hilt of the blade, walking away from the scene, off to try and regroup who the survivors and people who were still fighting for their home.

Nohemi Allaneh

Order of the White Current
Meanwhile, back on the ship, Nohemi stood waiting for the others. She was not the sort of person suited for delving straight into the midst of things, in here she would do what she can as support.

However, the sound of blaster fire was quick to get her attention, a measure of concern washing over her features. Worrying her bottom lip, she gave a glance over to the male beside her.

Concern swept over her features, as they still had much to do for the refugees --- not all could go darting out to aid and leave the ship and the rest of the crew defenseless.

Geneviève had arrived a few days ago via a smuggler's vessel bringing in a payload of resistance supplies. The street fighting was not dying down with the Sith hunting down Jedi and enforcement remnants and Republic loyalists waiting in the shadows for that one shot, stalking stragglers of the invading execution squads.

She had come for a sort of charity and a thrill. While it was understood that this was less of an infiltration and more of a 'mercy mission', she had elected to lug her scattergun around in case bad news showed up. It could take weeks for the Sith forces to infest the entirety of what was deemed 'valuable' territory within the deep crags and alleys of the city world, but they were most certainly on the prowl. Was it more beneficial to protect those in harm's way or to try to save those already dying? On this, Geneviève was indecisive.

The merc was lounging in her black combat garbs, listening in on the comm channels with the monitor the elderly Bothan had been keeping in his closet. Resistance forces had rejected her assistance, having no one to vouch for a gun-for-hire sort, and the retired spy had taken her in at his quarters in Invisec. "Might as well," he had told her, "Not much for me to look forward to but death, anyway." Bright and sunshiny words.

Geneviève turned down the volume level of the monitor. It seemed that a few foreign noises had been introduced to the tranquil environment of the ghostly sector. She retrieved her scattergun and peeked out of the doorway, ears registering that someone had just kicked on a speeder bike and was tracking fast out of The Works. Either people were getting braver or the Sith were finally moving into the less desirable locales--and that spelled trouble. Body centered above the front of her leading toes, the half-blind woman set out to make sure the hammer was not about to come down.

[member="Turin Val Kur"]

@Je'gan Olra'en | [member="Rosa Mazhar"]

Wraith was literally drawing blanks everywhere, it didn't help that he only could use his limited skill with one hand. Turned out that durasteel was absolutely useless at reading anything due to the lack of midichlorians running through it. So he dug through the remains of the archives, placing anything of note in his right hand. Memories were fluttering through him, loose emotional strands. Panic and defeat flowed through him as he felt students emotions, then peace and serenity from other shelves he touched. Darkness permeated a few things he touched, but as it stood he was getting nothing. Je'gan asked a question, but Darron paid him no mind. So focused on the task at hand, he barely paid his old friend anymore. Dirt and rubble was all he focused on, and he let his senses flow through his left hand. Sure, his Field of Responsibility was focused on outside threats, but he couldn't be everywhere at once. Even Masters of the Force had their limits, and his attention was focused on whoever thought it was a good idea to take the history of the Order with them.

Darron was so focused he didn't even feel Rosa Mazhar approaching. Instead, his senses traveled down a different path.

A data-disk, so unassuming led him down a path he didn't expect. There he felt Fallanasi teaching, he felt the white current, and he also felt the darkside. An aura he had never been around, but one he had heard of. He could feel her thirst for knowledge, her drive to prove herself. A company logo kept popping up in his head, the letters SI flashed across his brain for a but a moment. Then he could see multiple successes and failures, and he could feel himself looking at the archives through her eyes for a moment. She labeled herself a seductress, someone who fancied them-self a manipulator and inventor. Finally, a name started to form on the tip of his tongue. Releasing his hold, he turned to look at Je'gan. "Circe Savan, do you know the name?" Standing to his full height, he threw the disk on the rubble around him. "She's the one who raided the Jedi archives, we must find her." The sentence had barely left his lips when he turned to face the new presence he felt, well in reality an old one he hadn't felt in forever.

Rosa was standing near him. Whatever shock he felt, it was nothing next to the happiness of seeing her. Granted, he was in a war zone and everything had changed between them. She couldn't see him though, so he walked past the area Je'gan had cloaked and raised his hands so she knew he was no threat and real.

"Well, what a coincidence. Look at who's here Je'gan." It was unconscious, but he reflexively faced his whole body towards her. Her use of the black spears hadn't gone unnoticed, but he could feel her happiness. "Good to see you, did you come to aid the refugees and try to save who you could before we have to escape?" A few years ago, he would have asked a few questions about her personal life. Those demons were gone, and he simply smiled, happy to see someone who had been so close to him. Wiping the dirt off his gloved hand, he extended it towards her. "Thanks for coming, for what it's worth." Reaching deep into his mind, he broadcast a thought just for her to hear.

I saw something wonderful earlier, we need to talk about it later if you have time.

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa spun, the blaster coming up as movement rippled behind her, relaxing as she realised who it was. A smile spread across her features, lowering the blaster she closed the gap between her and Darron and threw arm arms about his neck, her hood falling back as she did. Relief washed over her, she had been worried for him. She drew back "Something like that yes." she replied drawing back and bowing her head to Je'gan "Master Olra'en, a pleasure as always."

I saw it all.

She replied to Darron's mental message. "We have two ships docked at the Works unloading supplies for those stranded here. When I heard what happened I called together those I could form Sanctum space to help. The sith don't know we're here...well," she glanced over her shoulder at the patrol. "They didn't." she bit her lower lip, before turning back to the two men, realising that this was the first time she had ever seen the two of them together in the flesh. She shook her head, there was a better time and place to dwell on that. "We can give you a lift out of here, I'm sure Nohemi would appreciate help keeping us hidden. Right now, though I need to draw the patrols away form the Works. There's still a lot to be shifted off those ships."

[member="Darron Wraith"] @Je'gan Olra'en

sabrina

A regiment of sith troops lead by Darth Banshee finally entered the under city. She could sense the place was hostile to her, though with regiment at her back and free reign she doubted anyone would do some thing stupid. She then entered the center of under city. Her men started to set up camp, giving out food and medical supplies to all the locals. For some this was first time they ever seen a medical droid. She then issued an order to all sith troopers down here, All sith troops, patrol in platoons only and set weapons to stun. She then added an explanation I don`t want any martyrs down here. She new ultimately if sith wanted to rule this planet, and still continue the war they need to keep the civilians docile. As the more rioted the more troops would have to be used to secure their new capital, which in turn would mean less troops to new battle fronts.
She then looked around, for area she could set up ship yards down here. As the labour would be cheaper than up top, and these people need jobs to feed their families and the one sith need a fleet. She could also sense that jedi where down here to, this disturbed her. As they may try rally people to their cause, and last thing she wanted was a massacre of the civilian population. If was choice losing the planet or putting them down their was only one choice. Though she would do every thing she could do prevent that, and if did happen it would be the jedi to blame not her.

Elonzi Sevo stood in the cargo hold of the cargo ship after learning his rescuer's were heading to corusant to drop specially ordered items for the occupying Imperials. He had no knowledge of the technology of this day and age but had learned fast in the few days it had taken them to make the journey to Corusant he had also been given some basic lessons with the blaster in the holster attached to his belt. He was working on an old astromech droid that had just been junk before he had started to work but he was sure he wasn't fixing it but he needed to do something and learning mechanics filled the dull hours it took to arrive at what he had been told had been the Republic Capitol. He had some knowledge but not much he knew how to read and write and talk at the very least basic things but beyond that he had to taught though he picked it up rather fast once he had the basics. His borrowed clothes he were were all light grey save or his boots which were brown, Some Durasteel plates had been attached by straps one at the shoulder the other across his upper chest. He had fit him well and he did like the armor making him feel like a warrior which sat well with him though he had no training in any combat form at least as far as he knew going through the insides of the small astromech droid gave his mind time to focus and look back at the short time he had been awake. He remembered staring into the mirror he had been given and he spent some time studying his features and trying to drag some memory any memory of his parents whose features he had inherited but none had come. He audibly sighed as he sat back from his work it had been merely to fill time and he doubted the machine would ever work again as he looked around the cargo hold, "What am I to do?" he asked no one as there was no one to answer him. He sat and stood as he walked through the cargo ship toward the bridge where they were just coming out of Hyperspace.
Elonzi was greeted with the sight of a massive fleet orbiting a planet as the captain sent them the clearance codes and were told where to land. It was all going smoothly till a high pitched whine ran through out the ship and the engines died sending them into free fall. The captain was trying to repair the problem as Elonzi strapped himself into the Co-pilots seat he was surprisingly calm as he closed his eyes and repeated to himself mentaly to focus as he felt something flowthrough him and the ship slowed it's decent. Elonzi gasped as his chest felt unbearbly tight and the ship resumed it's speed befoe the engines kicked on and they skidded across rubble and ruined buildings till they came to a stop. "Where are we?" he asked the captian a stupid question as he knew they were on Corusant but the captian was in no mood to dick around as he answered saying they were at The Works and that the Imperial would come to examine the wreck, "I don't know how but whatever slowed us down gave the engines time to kick on." the captian said as he left the bridge followed by Elonzi as they made there way out of the ship. The captains brother met them and the two of them discussed what they were going to do they told him to stay at the ship and they'd bring some Imperials as soon as possible to collect the cargo.
He watched the two men stroll off leaving him at the wreck and he immediately left the wreckage to explore he didn't care about the cargo infact he welcomed any poor survivors to it the Imperials no doubt could survive without what ever the supplies were. He want to explore and see what had a great city once. He wasn't sure where he was going but he'd know he'd find somthing or someone in the direction he was going.

The world he loved was in ruins all around him. Breaking atmosphere hurt worse than A'donari had expected upon accepting the mission of helping survivors. Still it was the mission at hand he would need to focus on to be of any help. The understanding of this thought alone brought him peace and clarity.
The shuttle arrived undetected and the reality of their situation sunk in. Moving off on his own A'donari allowed the force to call him and manipulate his decisions. This allowed for his path to go wherever he may be needed. The force was infinite wisdom and all one had to do was get out of it's way.​
20 minutes of walking brought the Jedi Master into a world still trying to remain together while people of all creation hustled and bustled around. There was a sense of unease and any of them could be scouters looking for Jedi in hiding. This forced his hand in staying alert above all else while casually strolling around blending in the best of his ability. It was then that a touch of unharnessed energy touched his senses. The energy was that of ability. Neither sides of the force had yet clung to it's pressence. The feeling enticed a sense of curiosity within the Master. His body remained at ease while his eyes scanned the crowd of people walking towards him and in front of him. Soon he pin pointed the person in question. [member="Elonzi Sevo"]​
Moving at a casual pace towards the wandering young male soon found him close enough to speak to him. "You seem lost. Are you in any need of assistance?"

The Hound

T
Where ever Rosa had gone had left Turin at the base camp, and despite this sinking feeling of dread in the pit of his stomach he stayed put. Handing out supplies and general over watch wasn't so bad. "Yeah...uhh...Lets get another aid station set up over here." he pointed to an empty section of dirt. It had been a few hours now and word had spread, hopefully to the right people, and displaced people and wounded soldiers of the Republic were swarming the landing zone. Crossing his arms he frowned. He couldn't seem to find the presence he had sensed earlier.

Things were going smoothly, but little did he know that down in the Undercity the fight was just beginning.
[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom