Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saga Björk

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
36e447bb-72d8-460d-a360-39f999f34eec_zpsqme5swev.jpg
NAME: Saga Björk
FACTION: Children of Midvinter

SPECIES: Valkyri
HOMEWORLD: Midvinter; map
BIRTHPLACE: Hüsavik; a small port village in the northwestern providence of the Realm where the Hörga River drains into the vast ocean of Midvinter.
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 140 lbs
EYES: Blue
HAIR: blonde
SKIN: White; tanned from being outdoors

LANGUAGES: Runian (Ancient Valkyrian Language) & Galactic Basic
FORCE SENSITIVE:
Yes, but her potential has not been tapped yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum) :

+Determined
+Hard working

+dedicated to her family; was willing to sacrifice her life of freedom and dreams to save her family's honor and home
+/-Knows what she wants in life now that is free from her servitude, just has to find a way to achieve it; desires to be a shield maiden of the highest caliber
+/-Keeps to herself thus does not have many friends, though will stand up for someone if they are being mistreated
-Stubborn; doesn't like to receive help from others even if she really needs it, too proud
-Does not care for the upper class nobles and their snobby and entitled ways though there are exceptions.

APPEARANCE:

Saga is tall and slender in stature with golden blonde hair worn in traditional Valkyri fashion. Her fair complexion is slightly tanned from being out in the elements and may boast face paint. Hands are rough from her daily chores. Sapphire colored eyes are the central feature of Saga's face that allow one to look into her soul when she allows it. The shield maiden's clothing is made of a mix of furs and hides.

BIOGRAPHY:
Saga Björk was born to Vernik, a fisherman, and Elin, during the hottest month of the Valkyr year at high sun in the port village of Húsavik down the Hörga River from the bigger mountain village of Reykjaa on the snowy planet of Midvinter. The blonde maiden is the eldest of six; the other five boys, though two of them died of childhood diseases in infancy and one from an accidental drowning when the Hörgá river that runs near the village went over it's banks during a flash flood after a ice jam broke.

The year Saga turned fourteen, the Chieftain of Reykjaa invaded her home village to take over the port for the region so Ragnarson the Elder could control the flow of mead and other commodities coming from the breadbasket of Midvinter. A decree was made by him that all debts and taxes owed on lands and property he conquered had to be paid in full. If not, then lose what you had or offer up a family member to become a slave to pay it off. And, that is what was to become Saga's fate for the time being.

After an encounter with the Earl's third son, Eddval, the young slave girl and noble son became friends and briefly lovers. Ragnarson the Younger, much to his father's ire, arranged for Saga's release from her servitude when she reached the age of eighteen so she could follow her dream of becoming a shield maiden of Midvinter.

(TBA)

PERSONAL CONNECTION(S):
Eddval Ragnarson is Ragnarson the Elder's third son, who helped Saga gain her freedom from the Chieftain's service, and touched her heart in the process with his kindness.
Ærin Firebrand is a shield maiden of Midvinter and the steward of Clan Sabina, She is a mentor to Saga.

ANIMALS:
043898ead99bc58f8eef663cd7720aa6.jpg

Singá - Snow Wolf; loyal companion

WEAPONS:
  • Broad sword
  • Traditional Valkyri shield
  • Bow
  • Bowie knife
SHIP:
N/A

KILLS:
N/A

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
N/A

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Hello and thank you, your graces [member="Eddval Ragnarson"] and [member="Ærin Firebrand"]. *bows her head to the nobles*

*then narrows her eyes defiantly at the Sith* I can assure you [member="Aeon Caedus"] I am a girl. Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. :)

[member="Saga Björk"]

Very, very nice. :)
Máni was actually born in Reykjaa, even so, he was not aware of the raid on Hüsavik. He's currently east of the village though, at the foot of the mountains searching for something lost to him.

I had intended to to be a solo thing, but if you wish to join my thread Of Ice and Faith. You are welcome to do so!

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
[member="Máni"] I thank you good sir for the invitation to interact with you on your personal journey… The raid on my home village was when I was but fourteen. I then served the Earl of Reykjaa as a slave until eighteen. A shield maiden of the northwestern realm I am now.

Funny how the men of Reykjaa have the same ruggedly handsome looks. :p

[member="Saga Björk"]
My family was known as the Shield-Arms, stout defenders of the Northwestern villages against the elements, beasts, and raiders from rival clans. Though this was centuries ago.

My family faltered when they lost their home in the mountains, to the Vinterbound. Máni is the last of his line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom