Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Safe to Say

Coronet City, the worst cesspit of crime on Corellia. It’s a metropolis that depends on the steady hand of justice to beat some sense across its stupid face. And there’s only one detective on the force that has a hand firm enough to beat that kind of justice.

Coronet City Police Department

Dispatch Report

CASE NO.:
EDG-290120-A

REPORTING OFFICER:
Gabriel Donning

INCIDENT:
Disturbance reported near the Bottoms.

SUMMARY:
Responded to a report of ‘commotion’ at a low income apartment complex just outside the Bottoms. Upon initial investigation came upon what appears to be a triple homicide. Victim #1 was just inside the entryway, slumped face forward. Appears to have been shot in the back. Ithorian, believe to be male? Can’t really tell.

Victim #2 was splayed out across the lobby’s couch, large amount of blood from her upper torso pooling down around her feet. Human, appears middle aged.

Victim #3 was further down the hallway. Substantial carbon scoring on the walls and ceiling indicate intense firefight may have occurred. Vic #3 is a human male, early 30s maybe? Wearing some robes or something.

ACTIONS TAKEN:
Cordoned off the main access point to the building. Investigated possible witnesses. One lady with a room on the first floor claims to have seen suspect but she’s still panicky.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Vic #3 had a lightsaber. Possibly a Jedi? What was a Jedi doing in the slums? Why would someone kill one?

By the way, dispatch, please don’t send that twi’lek detective. Whatever’s going on here seems serious and I can’t put up with her chit today.

Dia took an exaggeratedly long drag from her cigarette before flicking it carelessly into the street as she passed into the crime scene. Shuffling through the barrage of officers who were helping to keep the civvies out was a pain. One or two of the new recruits even wanted to see her badge before letting her through which compounded the annoyance she felt. After she crossed through the threshold of the rundown squat house her eyes locked onto Officer Donning immediately.

“Read your report. Happy to see you too,” she joked with a grin as she stepped over the first corpse.

Donning was a veteran of the PD. He didn’t have any big aspirations but he came from one of those ‘police families.’ The whole, my dad and granddad and great granddad were a cop so I am too. Dia absolutely hated the families like that as well as any of the other police politics that she wasn’t included in. Old Gabey started flapping his gums with a furrowed brow, “they assigned this one to you?”

The red twi’lek assessed the scene, ignoring the first responder’s indignant question and the investigation droids that were documenting the blood spatter. After a couple of hums and hahs she gave him an answer back.

“Yep. Looks like these schuttas were in the wrong place, wrong time. This might just be the work of my guy… the Corellian Killer.”

The Corellian Killer was Dia’s suspect for any murder case assigned to her that she failed to solve. He was a true mastermind. Different modus operandi every time. Criminal genius. No one else shared her theory, they just let their cases go unsolved with no suspects or leads. Dis knew better and once she finally caught the notorious killer they’d see. They’d all see.

Gabe placed a hand on his side and shook his head in disbelief. “Look, this one is serious. Someone killed a Jedi. Whoever did this isn’t some common street thug and we owe it to the community to bring the psychopath, or psychopaths, responsible to justice.” As the seasoned officer took a few extra steps towards the detective he stretched an open palm forwards in a reassuring gesture, “if you don’t think you’re up for it call for backup.”

Dia Bondara didn’t need back up. She was the greatest investigative mind the galaxy had ever seen. “Why was a Jedi hanging around the slums of Coronet?” she questioned aloud. This case would certainly be anything but simple.

Security around the scene was sufficiently tight. Multiple officers kept citizens at bay, and even at a glance, Vulpesen knew there was no way the 5-O division could get their hands on this case which was so firmly in Corsec's jurisdiction. Still, curiosity was a fickle thing and his demanded to be sated. Getting in a group of 5-O officers would be near impossible. Sneaking in himself? That just took a few tricks he had learned long ago in his own days as a shadow.

After making his way past the perimeter, Vulpesen arrived at the corpse, just in time to hear the final question. To so many in this wide open galaxy, the Jedi were a mysterious bunch with their motives and desires changing like the wind. How could anyone come up with an answer to such a varied query? The answer was simple. Look in a history book. Or if one wasn't available, find an ex-jedi. Lucky for the officers, the latter of those options now stood just behind them. "The same reason any Jedi visits the slums... Information. Assuming of course, that is a jedi. They aren't the only ones who carry sabers within their robes."
Dia Bondara Dia Bondara

Wrinkles formed across a red twi’lek forehead. Dia scrunched her nose and tapped a button on her wrist-bound datapad to see if her sensor could identify this newcomer. No such luck, the piece of tech was so unreliable that she mostly kept it around for looks at this point. The detective twirled on her heel and faced back at the reporting officer, “who let this guy in? Is he from another department?”

Not waiting for her colleague to respond she spun back towards Vulpesen, “I don’t know much about Jedi but I always thought anyone with one of them laserblades and those ugly robes was in that secret fraternity.” One of her lekku fell behind her as she twisted her head around in a serpentine fashion before continuing, “seems unusual to me, strange powers and a lightningsword and they all join some creepy cult. My working assumption so far is that the poor guy came to buy spice and got gunned down.”

Dia flashed a big toothy smile at her visitor before reaching out an open palm. “Detective Dia Bondara, homicide, happy to hear any information you got on that third vic. You didn’t know him did you? If so,” her facial expression adjusted to reflect a modicum of pity, “my sympathies, we’re doing what we can.”

Vulpesen Vulpesen

The detective's rapid fire questions, theories, and introduction seemed a bit erratic. Still, Vulpesen took in stride, reaching out to shake her hand. "Vulpesen Torrevaso, Valde of Veradune and the Vitae Security Forces. I suppose you could say I'm another department." Walking over to the body, Vulpesen knelt down and started to examine it. There were several important factors he was looking for. The design of the lightsaber, the color of the robes, and any signs of dark side corruption. Of course, there were a few other things such as the possibility of a jedi signet ring or a sith's tattoo.

As he inspected, he reached into his own cloak and pulled out his own unique weapon. Easily enough it would be recognized as a saberstaff, but the material, to the discerning eye would be almost entirely phrik. Its design was scaled melding in the center as it came down from the ends which were capped by two open mouthed fox heads. "Its called a lightsaber officer Bondara, and thee are many who carry them. True enough I was once a jedi. But now I am a wilder of Veradune. There are also the sith, dark jedi, the jen'sarai, independents, and a host of other force users who might claim their usage. As for your assertion of spice," there was a level of disappointment in his voice. Even for a hunch that was rather poor, "none of them really partake in spice. Its rather beneath those with the power to bend such an awesome power to their whim."

Dia Bondara Dia Bondara

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom