Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sabine Serenno Estate Training

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Well done, take the rest of day off. Then tomorrow we begin fencing lessons, so I want you rested and ready. She then got up, and walked through a wall. This was not to impress her student, but to make her figure her own way out. As when she got to other side wall, she turned the lights off. She then head up to her patio suite, she was going have drink of water, and time her apprentice. See how long it took her to find her way out of two cellars, and it was in the complete pitch black. She would also have to use the skills she just study, to move the cellar door open. This room was also a trap dungeon, and without the force the was no way out.

That "targeting computer" was like a ground-penetrating radar by now, forcing her to run through the cellar like an obstacle course, now that she had an idea where the traps of the dungeon were. But she had to give as wide a berth as possible so that she wouldn't get hit. Plus the door of the cellar was a lot more massive than even the phrik tablet she tried to push around the first time. Man did she have strength in the Force. But as exhausted as she was, she took a while longer than she recalled the way into the cellars to be. She'd rather purchase some grape juice and use Force-alcohol on it, and sleep based on the alcoholic content than to keep using the Force to get out of the cellars. If only Force-vision was a passive spell to me... she thought. Panting, exhausted, she finally found her way out after having to cast a number of spells... and giving a rather wide berth to the obstacles, using Force-push. Once she arrived at the entrance of these cellars:

"Master... I'm exhausted. Perhaps... a cup of water... would help me... fall asleep"

She reached for the closest tap of water, with her lekku glowing in the dark and burning her from the inside... and, from there, she had to take time to sufficiently recover before she could attempt to return to the cellar again. Hopefully the doors won't have closed on her on her way back down the cellars! But the way back was less exhausting for her, because she knew where the pitfalls were and she didn't need to use the Force as intensively. She would then fall asleep in an area clear of any hazards in the second cellar, hoping to be sufficiently rested tomorrow morning for her to train with a lightsaber without the need for caf.

[member="Sabine Kurtass"]

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Sabine was very well rested, then she saw apprentice So she got out of there good she thought to herself. So you made it out, good. Now follow me, it is time to learn how to use a lightsaber. She then lead her back, to very room she trapped her in yesterday. Then behind her followed her a droid, she was going to be sparring with it later. As they got to the room, she brought out a wooden chair. She then put in a corner and sat down, she looked at her apprentice and said Now take up your guard stance, and then alter it according to what I say. I will be instructing you on art form Makashi. She then leaned back and waited for her to take up position, and took a sip of ice cold water.

Even though Jedi Guardians or Sith Marauders who used beskar'kandars with actual beskar on it tended to go for the Djem-so style, much like Darth Bane using Djem-so when wearing a beskar'kandar, she chose Makashi instead because she saw herself as more of an occasional fighter. She certainly wouldn't go on raids without that beskar'kandar she ordered from WESTAR a while back. But what kind of baat'kaysh would become a Jedi Guardian or a Sith Marauder (or even Jedi Brute/Sith Juggernaut) without putting their baat'kaysh functions on the backburner? Those who did use a beskar'kandar made of actual beskar, more often than not, used Djem-so because of said beskar'kandar: duraplast beskar'kandars (much the same as those used by the One Sith and the First Order for their line infantry) allowed for more flexibility and hence more lightsaber styles. Sure a baat'kaysh could be using a beskar'kandar, just that Cathul now ignites her white-bladed lightsaber without one, while keeping her lightsaber on a plane parallel to her body.

"Roger" Cathul said...

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

​Now apprentice, I want you to imagine there is a prymid in front of you. The base of it is at your chest, and the point of it is at the end of your lightsaber. Now the edges of that pyramid is where you must take any incoming blows, or they will hit you. Now enguard! She waited for her apprentice to take position, it would start of easy, but this would get harder and harder. The very second, she was in her stance and looked ready, Sabine was going make things fly at her, initial wave would all come from the front. Then when she looked like she got that, she was going to start getting hit from the flanks then the rear. The object was not for her not to get hit, but to learn not to get entranced on attacks from one direction.

Cathul would understand that such a thing would amount at using her sword arm as a vertex of the pyramid but still along the axis. To bat away the things thrown her way, she would have to modify the orientation of the pyramid, that is, the angle(s) at the aperture. The objective, to Cathul, was to hit the stuff thrown her way, which looked much like miniature skeet targets of the variety used for shooting practice. She was a little uncomfortable...and the momentum of each of the skeet targets breaks with each of them breaking against the blade. She could more or less plot each of their trajectories in the Force and they were mostly straight. Nevertheless she did mostly as she said: pretend that her body was the base of a pyramid and the apex being the tip of the blade, with the blade being the vertex.

"Were you throwing empty grenade casings? Or degraded data discs?" Cathul asked, with the pile of broken implements bearing lightsaber marks at her feet.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Does it matter, you managed to block most of it. Now we do this again, but this time remember that force push I taught you yesterday. I want you to use that, in conjunction with your blade. So the scraps don't hit you this time, as if they where grenades they could hurt or kill you. When you're ready, we will begin. She leaned back in her chair, this time she was going to be under a constant barrage. This was practice for what she had planned later, Makashi was one the hardest forms to perfect. Her apprentice was going to get, as much practice as she could on the defensive side this force form. As without defence, you where dead in any duel.

Pretending that it was live grenades would increase her inclination to use Force-push with her off-hand while still using the main hand to block the implements thrown her way. The implements came at a much faster rate than in the last attempt, this time around they were taken from the estate's garbage cans. Banana skins, cans, some of which came crashing against the lightsaber, other implements were thrown back at the wall, some of which even splattering on the Sith Code engravings on the wall. Cathul now has more control over her own power, and could throw more than one implement at a time with a single usage of the Force-push spell. These implements are smelly; I guess she couldn't help but use my lightsaber and my Force-power to clean up the estate's trash, she thought, now with two piles of broken implements for the price of one.

"Many a Sith Lord thought that the best defense is a good offense, and it led so many of them to their deaths... Coruscant, for example and one day [member="Darth Centax"] will pay for the wanton destruction he caused! But for that, though, I have to at least complete lightsaber training"

[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Well done, now I am going to bring in two droids, there job is to attack you, your job is to stop them. Do not destroy them, getting training droids is expensive. Two droids then marched in, they each carried Vibro swords. They would hurt her apprentice if they hit, but not kill her. She then saw the droids march in front of her, turn and bow. They then took up a guard stance, and attacked. They would continue attacking, until sabine said stop. It was time for her to show, if she understood how to defend.

Vibro swords that would hurt if they hit. Ultrachrome they are, or phrik-bladed. Or beskar-bladed. That one was going to be tough; even if one was to deal with two training droids that were about the same level as Jedi Padawans in their early stages of training, the risk of damage is very real to either her or to the droids. Here Cathul had to pretend that she was to capture two Padawan-level opponents rather than to kill them outright. Now she had to use Force-vision in an attempt to determine how best to block two vibro swords. But she realizes that, while they both attack, they don't always do so simultaneously. Nevertheless she feels the need to be more agile with her lightsaber defense because the droids aren't on the same directions. In effect she had to turn around to block two vibro swords in different directions in quick succession.

[member="Darth Banshee"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom