Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sabine Serenno Estate Training

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Sabine a sith lord formerly known as Sabrina aka Darth Banshee, this knowledge was unknown to everyone now. The ones who did, she killed and left them on Ilum. She then headed to Serenno her homeworld, and started to rebuild her own power base, as sith no matter what crave some power. Though her power was now latched to mandalorains no matter what, and for that she was permanently and irrevocably allied and loyal to new Mandalore and the Alor council. The city in which she resides in has many districts, she does not reside with the nobles of this world, she lives in villa in a mandalorian district.

Here she had found a new apprentice, a young Twi'lek a healer called Cathul, she had invited her to her home. Here she was going to begin her first test, to see if she was worthy of training. She sat down on her couch drinking water, and waited for her to arraiv. When she did she would take her to cellars, and then to training rooms. As training should never be done in pleasant surroundings, but in cold damp and uncomfortable condition, as war was never comfortable.

For the first time ever since she even bought that Neimoidian Yacht, she actually actively used it. She only piloted it once before, that is, from Mandalore to Er'kit. She flew from Er'kit to Serenno; Serenno was some distance away from both Mandalore and Vanquo, landing it in a docking bay in the Mandalorian district. All too often the NFU patients she had thought that she was a space witch or something, despite only using Force empathy on them. And the surviving scouts saw her use the Force in such a way that the guards were intoxicated to their deaths even through the armor they wore. Even so, she still needed a proper beskar'gam as a witch: the Dathomiri horror flick style robe that she calls a beskar'gam just won't cut it: it's not even made of armorweave. But the beskar'gam business had to come after. What she was after was the really basic things most non-Mandos would think when they see space wizards (which was a sort of catch-all slang term for all Force-sensitives): Force push/pull, Force vision, mind trick. She may have "twice the power" in her head, but what that power actually is, she feels a burning desire to groom and expand on it.

"Master, I felt frustrated for far too long... frustrated to be leaving my own potential with the Force to be under-utilized. Oh, this is going to be my chance to be able to expand my [mental] spellbook. Just give me some grape juice please, before we go to these cellars. I'll demonstrate you just how I intoxicated those guards back on Vanquo"

[member="Sabine Kurtass"]

She listened to [member="Cathul Thuku"] as she talked, she then shook her head and said No! Her voice was monotone, she was not going to be given any comfort. She was going to be given hardship, and in that she would find her true strength. Though unlike her she would not be beaten to a pulp, as her master did to her. She then said in same voice, Follow me. She would lead her past her wine cellar, and then down again. This was her sith sanctum, here is where she would train. Twi'lek only drink you will have is water, if I think you deserve it. Her voice was not going change now, her apprentice first tests where about to start, this is where pain would begin. Now look over there, and read what has been inscribed on the wall. When you have read it, tell me what your thoughts are. The wall had the sith code written on it, but not in sith language, but in mandalorian. She then began to use the force, to probe the surface thoughts, of her apprentice mind. She was not going to go into it deep, but she was going to be aware of every emotion she had. This was the first of her test, she was going to recite the sith code.

Cathul knew a few words of mando'a here and there, but not that many. For instance, she was a baar'ur, the only baar'ur that actually wanted to cure the broken minds of her fellow Mandalorians on Mandalore itself, and that the adventuring required of her to grow as as Force-user required also crafting her own beskar'gam. Surprisingly, she was made to read both Jedi and Sith Codes - in Basic - alongside a class full of NFUs back as an undergraduate on Dagobah early in an introductory psychology course but that has probably to do with the fact that the Force ran heavy on Dagobah and both major Force cultures played a major role on the planet, that is, until the Gungans took over on Dagobah probably ca. 240 ABY or so. But Dagobah Tech couldn't relinquish tradition so easily: all undergraduates taking introductory psychology or philosophy courses had to read both Codes. She understood rather quickly that the Sith Code was the object of what was on that wall. From what limited knowledge of Mando'a she had, she would still get the Sith Code

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free

"Let's say that, after reading the Sith Code in Mando'a, my drive to get more power has increased but if one gains victory from power, I have to work for said power, and passions can take a truckload of different forms. And one does strive to improve oneself, so long as one's limitations are understood. One needs a good understanding of themselves in order for them to make the best use of their passions and strengths. Nevertheless there is something that doesn't feel right, that makes me uneasy with the Sith Code. To me it seems that the Force would set you free and not at the same time. The one chain the Force can't break is the chain linking one's self to the power it wields. You see I'm more of the kind to be wielding the dark side of the Force - and the light as well - for altruistic purposes. It's not so much out of greed that I wish to expand my Force spellbook, but in a bid to better come to the aid of my patients and, to this effect, all the mentally ill of Mandalore. You probably know by now that I keep Mandalore's entire mental healthcare system together all by myself - it's almost too true to think that I am the only reputable therapist within 12 parsecs of Mandalore"

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

She listened to her new apprentice, speak about the code. It seemed she was unsure how it fits in, with her wish to heal others. Though power to bring back the dead, was part of darkside, and so was all true healing. She then relied, her voice was quite passionate about the code, and this was her favourite topic. As she felt most people, especially other Sith misunderstood it.

Apprentice, think of it another way. That code governs the galaxy, no matter what it applies, even to Jedi. The only way not to be a slave to the force, is to understand it. Say your your doctor, you're passionate about it. That passion for healing will drive you, and make a stronger healer. That new found strength in healing, will give you power to teach others to heal, bring other to become healers to help your cause. That power will help you cure people, and claim victory over disease. That victory will help others do better work, and you may one day defeat death like Cade Skywalker did, and the force will set you free from having to worry about healing people. As you can just resurrect them, and bring all your loves one back.

She leaned back and let that, idea settle into her head for a moment. She then continued

Now you're a general of a Mandalorian army, now using the code is it good idea to wipe out a city to save your troops, or is the orbital bombardment wrong according to sith code. Also explain why, it is right or wrong.

This was her apprentice first test of knowledge, did she understand the code. The yes or no was the bit she cared about, it was the reasoning behind it that mattered. As she did not want to train, those that could think for themselfs. She leaned forward on her chair, waiting in antip

pation of her answer.

Ouch. That's all she thought at this point. It was a common dilemma asked at basic officer training, as far as she could recall it. A "no-win situation". Dagobah Tech showed her that the Force was as much of a liability as it is a key to set people free. She was a little befuddled, but then again so were a lot of people. And that her lekku burn. She could feel from Sabine that a Force-user that can think for himself/herself was dangerous. She knew probing one's thoughts is not the same as probing one's emotions, but until today, she could only do the latter. So her brain burns because her brain now has to process both the dilemma at hand, that had no right or wrong answers, and the additional information the Force now provides her on top of emotional states. And she heard, well, quite a bit about military strategy from her patients many, many times over so that she can comfortably talk about military strategy from memory. Yet she never played any wargame, nor had she fought - but that was about to change, soon. All she ever used Force-alcohol for was to create alcoholic drinks. She had a lightsaber but had no clue whatsoever how to actually use it for something other than lighting.

"Phew... this amounts to a decision of whether to make use of strength and its resulting power: either save the city or save the troops. On the one hand, victory could be achieved by using an orbital bombardment as a means of overpowering the enemy entrenched within and not need to worry about the enemy in it, and you then don't need to worry about whether you can keep going or supplying the city afterward, or even about security of that city's assets so long as you know whether it is possible to bring the assets back to a serviceable level. But if you know your enemy is concentrated, or better still, cornered in a particular area of the city in question, it would be best to concentrate the attack at that particular area and then you wouldn't have to worry about the collateral damage. Yet, in the aftermath, you have used your power to break chains, to break your constraints, and thus achieve victory. Your question, however, assumes that the enemy is entrenched all over the city in a more or less uniform fashion, and that it is your only option. On the other hand, if you can achieve victory, if you can prove the superiority of your power without having to resort to orbital bombardment... The most recent case I know about that looks like such a dilemma was the invocation of Directive 12 on Coruscant, especially Phases 2 and 3, where the One Sith destroyed their own headquarters as well as much of the Financial District in the face of the advancing Galactic Alliance armies"

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

​Interesting answer, but was it wrong or right according to sith code. She then asked the same question again, but in a different way So what happens if you do the orbital bombardment, what are the actions and consequences of it, can the sith code predict. This time she was not going give her apprentice a choice, over whether to bomb or not. She really interested in how she can use the sith code, to interpret the future events. Then she had an interesting idea, After you done that, use the sith code to explain what might happen if you invade the city, you win but take considerable losses. What happens next with sith code. Same again, no right or wrong aswer, it was just proving she can use the code to help guide her train a thought.

"Please forgive my last digression. In that case, the Sith Code would tell us that it was the right thing to do: I would then have projected your power in such a way that the opponent has been overpowered, breaking a chain on my side, setting me free of having to worry about the city itself and my own strength/power and ability to project it. As for the consequences: I would have reduced the enemy to chains, at least temporarily. I would then have done so to reinforce the position of power I would then be placed in. The enemy would have to retreat and, following your passions, and those of your men, I would give them chase and seize another opportunity to gain strength at the expense of the opponent, and fight for the power of my opponent while doing it"

Even more mental pain ensues on her side. Were her lekku glowing in the dark because of it? Surely not as brightly as a lightsaber... But there were times where an army could willingly leave a city vulnerable, and make a fighting retreat in an attempt to lure its enemy out to a deeply entrenched position. And she feels conflicted: there were times where she could contemplate turning to the light when she was given those trials. She seemed to be a better fit for the light side of the Force rather than the dark, at least in her mind. She was mostly able to suppress her emotions most of the time. But she wouldn't be a Jedi Brute like Ugohr Poof, a Gungan best known to be the commanding officer of the Army of Malastare. A Lorekeeper, Healer or Researcher she would be. Yet Cathul feels like [member="Sabine Kurtass"] would be training her in more martial uses of the dark side of the Force. This would probably be a prelude to what training she would be undertaking. She desires to be different from those Jedi/Sith Brutes...

"As for a Pyrrhic victory in a siege? That would be a lot trickier. A Pyrrhic victory would mean that both sides depleted their own strength, where both sides are in chains. Now it's a question of how to best use the passions I have left, that is, my desire to improve and better myself, in order to retain what strength I would then have and, from there regain strength, power and, in the end, regain the possibility of victory. Of course, it's a protracted process to rebuild one's power base when that happens, and, since there is no peace, that is, there will always be a conflict of some sort, and an enemy that placed me in this situation would then use their passions, strength and power against me then"

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Your answer show thought, so we will come back to this question in another form later. Though here is something to think about, if we did bomb the city and massacred them. The nearby star systems, would fear and hate us. That emotion could make them, could make them try and build a bigger fleet to defend themselves with. As they gain strength, due to building the fleets out fear and hate, they would see that they lacked strength in certain areas, so they pool together against us. This would make them more powerful, with there combined strength. Now they have power why fear us, why not use the hate they gained from seeing slaughtered people without remorse. So they use come to get us, and with that power they may defeat us, and if they do they gain victory and are free of us. See that is how the code works, the ones with greatest passion, gain the greatest strength in the end.

She then poured to glass water, she had shown thought though so she had passed. Though she did intend to come back to this question later, as after all this was important subject. She left the glass on table for, her then sabine sat down on the floor cross legged. She began to pick up her glass using the force, and pass it to her apprentice to take. She was going crush just before she picked up, she had passed, but well enough to deserve water yet. She wanted to get annoyed with her, then she was going to use that emotion to access the force, and throw things.

"If both sides of a Pyrhhic victory acted in accordance to the Sith Code, the end result would be an arms race and fuel a cycle of hatred, attempts at negotiating with "enemies of our enemies" and whatnot. Said arms race would last until one side has achieved victory and no longer has to worry about other sides that it would then have overpowered"

Now Cathul feels as if she could discuss grand strategy and how the Sith Code could be applied to grand strategy for hours, as well as the various forms of power. If she fell deep enough into the dark side of the Force, perhaps, in the end, she would end up joining the First Order; her own idea of grand strategy is more similar to Darth Scabious' than to what the current leadership of both Sith factions seem to embrace. Or, alternatively, if she became more of a lightsider, the Republic. To her, in a grand strategy context, power isn't only about hard, or military power. The means to sustain it also matter, and soft power is the one thing that allow to keep external hatred in check. Bread and circuses, economy, media being just three instruments through which to exert it. She would be sure Sabine would be interested in knowing more about how she conceived power and how the different forms of power interacted one another. Cathul had more knowledge of economic strategy than she would expect the average Jedi or Sith to have, but she never had a Force-using patient that would overtly talk about economics or economic warfare with her, and hence she could not know for sure how much Jedi or Sith knew about economics, although she would suspect certain subclasses of Consulars or Sentinels to use it more in their day-to-day basis in the Jedi side: Ambassadors, Diplomats, Watchmen, Investigators or Shadows. On the Sith side, this designation would go to some Inquisitor subclasses, the Assassin in particular.

"And also power takes on multiple forms: I find that the Sith factions focus too much on military power and neglected their economy, which is a means to maintain power. That cost the Primeval and now the One Sith dearly. The former was economically bottlenecked by deficient transportation infrastructure but otherwise was competent in economic matters, the latter was completely negligent about that aspect of power. Power is worthless to me if it cannot be preserved or maintained in the long run. Too often Sith factions take the short view when it comes to the means of acquiring and maintaining power, and that comes from a misunderstanding of the Code, at least to me. Of course, that failed to account for the Techno Union, which did everything right economically, but they committed a truckload of military mistakes. As for the Hutt Cartel, the Black Sun and the Black Tie Syndicate, they were all driven by very restrictive visions of power"

Then and only then did Cathul even attempt to use the Force to get her cup of water.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

She smiled broadly at her apprentice, she just the test ​Correct, everyone and everything is governed by it. The power it wields is simple, use to guess how your opponent will act long term, short term there are always mistakes. Then the object is to make your enemy fear you, but not to hate you. As hate is much stronger emotion, and if gathers strength it will become stronger power. Use this in everything you do, make you stronger. Also remember Jedi use the sith code, but they try gain strength, by making no one hate them. They do this by not using any emotion, and that is why sith are always stronger as we know what we are.

She let her take the water, and when she finished it.

Now meditate here, for a moment. Then feel around the room, and tell me what you can see with your mind eye only. She was now going to begin to teach her the basics of the force.

What Sabine called a "mind-eye" was one of the three things Cathul wanted the most. It so happened that Force-vision was the first one to be covered. But Cathul knew that there were people whose wits were a lot slower than hers but could nonetheless have a sharp mind-eye. It's as though she has only one intellectual speed: she either used her intellect in full or not at all. Her Force-vision was almost fully clouded but for emotions. That was to be expected and that was why she even wanted to be trained in Force-vision in the first place.

"I see mostly tendrils of dark energy radiating from the emotions the place conveys: here the walls truly have ears, at least in the Force"

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Good now use it and find object, and keep your eyes closed. Tell me what you have found, when you find it. She was going to use the first thing she finds, as long as it was not her. She was going to show her how to use her emotions, and it helps give power to the force. She was still sat crossed leg on the floor, seeing what she could track of her apprentice movements in the force. As it was hard skill to do, so every opportunity to do it, without danger was always a good idea.

If Cathul closed her eyes, all that she will be able to sense would be what her Force-vision will grant her. Her wits may be fast, realizing all that she was truly looking for was the source of these tendrils of dark energy. And having to close her eyes forces her to brain to shunt off some areas while putting other areas on overdrive. She knows that one's skill in the Force is not the same as one's intellect. Now her vision is a little clearer, almost as if she was a targeting computer screen with everything displayed through it in red wireframe. She also realizes that there isn't a whole lot of objects in that room and it was at this time that she reached for the closest of them, from which tendrils of darkness emanated: a tablet engraved in phrik with the Sith Code in all four of Mando'a, Sith language, High Galactic and Aurebesh script, the last two in Basic.

"I found a tablet with the Sith Code in all four scripts. Mando'a, Sith language, High Galactic and Aurebesh scripts"

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

She was now using the force to speak to her directly, no sound be heard Good now feel around it look for flat edges to it, when you feel one try push against it. As she improves finding areas to push against using the force, would become easier. This being flat tablet would make things easier, as it was perfectly flat. She would hopefully try and control it projectory, so not to hit either of them. Though it would not be the first time, an apprentice has hit themselves whilst doing this with there eyes closed.

Now that mental targeting computer screen called her Force-vision began to display some messages at the bottom of the "screen", she began to ponder what the message meant. She might have more wits than many of her own patients, or even more so than some Jedi brutes she may have known, she began to think of her Force-vision as an actual targeting computer, albeit one with a rather low resolution. Was the resolution high enough to find said flat edge her master asked for? Certainly, or else she wasn't able to determine that she was actually touching a phrik tablet, much less determine its content. But she pushed the tablet with as much Force-push as it would take to shove a Neimoidian Yacht's targeting computer using crushgaunts.

"Ouch!" she screamed while using her Force-scream.

I have been hit! I have thrown this phrik tablet too hard for my own good, she screamed in the Force, after receiving a hit from the phrik tablet bouncing from the wall back to her. She discovered that her Force skills were mostly latent in her and that she needed the right opportunity to unlock those. Even if she was hit, she would still think of herself as one to be able to cast a number of spells, in time. Force-healing, Force-taunts (which is really just a variant of the Force-scream), and not just do Force-empathy or Force-alcohol.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Sabrina smiled a bit, well she was sith and it was funny. She then spoke to her again in the force, Calm yourself apprentice, now use your mind's eye to look for a rock. A rock was good thing to begin to crush, and the pain she just dealt herself will help her. She kept herself, calmed and centered as waited to feel her apprentice search for a rock.

A Force-crushgaunt? That's what you're ultimately asking me to use... Cathul pondered while reviewing what her master asked of her. She harbored doubts that she could actually channel the pain to inflict it on the rock since rocks, while they can be damaged or broken, couldn't be made to feel pain. They would just endure whatever punishment they could until they break or the item dealing the punishment does. But now that she found a rock, about the size of a lightsaber, and began to get a feel for the rock's imperfections. I've found a rock, master, what's next? she signalled in the Force.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Apprentice, I want you to feel the rock. Take not in your mind every detail of it, every weak point every jagged edge. Every spot on it no matter what, and when you maped this in your mind. I want you try and pick it up, nothing else. She was going to do this, and then one in air she going to be order to then focus on the weak points. Then she when she applied pressure, it crack and break open into smaller pieces. As all this was how to use telekinesis, and this was just the beginning. Once you have it in the air, and use the map in your mind and contrate on the weak points, then use your emotion and pour it yourself. Then use that power to break it.

The question now being how good was her mental resolution in that targeting computer display she called Force-vision... she always seemed to have the memory capacity to make out a Force-mapping more precise than whatever resolution she could crank out of her Force-vision. But now having learned that she applied too much power when lifting the phrik tablet, she tried not to lift the lightsaber-sized rock with the focus point on the weak spot, or else that would be prematurely using a Force-crushgaunt. But she knew the rock was a lot more brittle than a similarly-sized object made of phrik was. This time around the item wasn't bouncing back at her, much less inflict pain to her.

"Be careful, the shards may come out of it at high velocity!"

By now she focused her pain, her anger, on that very floating rock even though she knew that rocks couldn't be made to feel pain: they would just take punishment until they break. A little crack in the rock and boom! Goes the Force-crushgaunt, with shards being thrown almost as fast as slughtrowers. The worst in all that was that some of the shards actually had the effects of slugs of similar caliber on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom