Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship S1 Phantom-class Fighter Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Atrox

D
tie_wing_by_quacky112.jpg

Image Source: here
Affiliation: The Sith Order, Darth Krieg.
Manufacturer: Drekker Industries
Model: S1 Phantom-class (fighter bomber)
Modularity: Bombs can be adjusted according to missions.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, Thick Glass, Starfighter components.
Classification: Starfighter / Bomber
Length: 8 metres.
Height: 3 metres
Width: 17 metres.

Armament: 8

• 2x L-s1 laser cannons.
  • 2x Proton Bombs.
Defences: 8
  • Speed.
  • Basic shields.
Squadron Count:
  • Up to 12 in a bombing run.
  • Up to 6 in a fighter formation.
Special Features: N/A

Maneuverability Rating: Space - 2 Atmosphere - 7
Speed Rating: 2.5 (average)

• Atmosphere: 3 (675mph/1086kph)
  • Space: 2 (1100mph/1770kph)
Hyperdrive Class: ​3
Strengths:
  • Extremely agile, allowing the Phantom to out manoeuvre most enemies.
  • Extremely fast, perfect for high speed bombing runs on targets in space.
  • Hard to hit, the Phantom's wide and thin wings make it difficult for novice pilots to get hits on her from the tail.
Weaknesses:
  • Wings can snap from stress inside thicker atmospheres.
  • No shields, engines and pilot very vulnerable to direct hits.
  • Fuel hungry engines.
  • Easy to hit from the ground and turbolasers due to width.
Description: The S1 Phantom was designed with interstellar combat in mind. They are to be utilised in blockading a planet along with larger ships, and with the potential to be mass produced. If the delta-winged design proves successful more Phantom fighters and bombers respectively may be produced. It relies on a 'boom and zoom' tactic as it is very fragile defensive wise.
Development Thread: If requested.
Intent: To create a starfighter for the Sith Order to use, and to practice creating submissions.
Who Can Use This: Members of the Sith Order, Darth Krieg.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Darth Krieg"]

Please insert armament and defence rating. According to those, I will evaluate if the speed and maneuverability are legit. Also, too much armaments. 4x Rockets I assume is 1 missile launcher with 4 rockets in but 15x proton bombs is too much as generic bombers usually carry 2. Let's find a way to balance this out, shall we ?

Additionally, I find the fact that since it's very wide it would be a much easier target rather than harder. Especially for surface anti-air emplacements.

Right now we are looking at a super fast, super maneuverable bomber that can unleash hell upon its enemies as a single unit, let alone the results when it floods the skies with a 20 squadron count. I am sure we can find out a way to balance this out and get it approved. Let me know your thoughts.

Darth Atrox

D
EDITS:

• Removed rockets and reduced bombload to 1 per ship.
  • Reduced squad counts to 10 bombers and 5 fighters.
  • Rated armament 2 and defences 0.
  • Added weakness: Easy to hit from turbolasers due to width.
[member="Zef Halo"]

[member="Darth Krieg"]

So, guessing by the changes, you want this to be a fast and maneuvrable bomber even with the lack of equipment. I will suggest to you what I think would work better but of course you're free not to take it, lol.

An armament 2 is literally this shooting a water pistol and defence rating as 0 is this getting destroyed from turbulence.

Generic ratings for bombers on armament and defence is 12 in both cases. Speed and maneuv are rated 4 both. Since you want to give boost to speed and maneuv, we are going to take from armaments and defence without making this a paper plane. Yay!

Let's keep the speed and maneuv as they are. To do so, let's drop armaments to 10 and defenses to 8. You can add one or two more proton bombs per fighter if you want. 2x proton bombs is standard but since you seem to be looking to subbing a glass cannon, you can 4x proton bombs in my opinion.

Squadron count - I would usually keept it at standard 12 bombers in any scenario maximizing the efficiency of this ship.

These are my suggestions, you're free to take them and free to not taking them.

A hint of my own - I can pass this bomber right away but it looks like a paper plane at this moment. :p

Darth Atrox

D
I've added your suggestions and basic shields in the defences category. :p

[member="Zef Halo"]

Darth Krieg said:
Manufacturer: Multiple Shipyards
What shipyards/companies created this? You are free to use a canon company, ask the faction leadership of the Sith Order if you can use them as a manufacturer, use an approved company, or use an NPC organization/group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom