Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.O.S. & Self Control

Orphen smiled at the amount of awkwardness that she seemed to be going through, he knew this particular cafe to be rather accomodating, they had all-sorts comme through here in these alliance worlds, Alderan especially was used to having to be pan-cultural, the beauty of the location made it a prime tourist destination so, most of them were used to people of all shapes, sizes and strange races, though, Kitty being a fully grown sentient tiger was something that they likely had not seen before. Though, they more than likely have had their fair share of Cathar... Though, as Orphen thought about the astranged race, he wondered if Kitty had ever met them. The Cathar were usually a neutral race, but, for the most part, their pride and strong honour system had led the few which had chosen sides in the war to usually side with the Jedi, much in the same capacity as the wookies.

So they sat, and Orphen could not help but laugh as Kitty got a little temperamental at the person serving them, thinking that somehow Orphen had trained kitty in any shape or form. As much as he should not have laughed, he couldn't help it, to him little things like that were rather funny. Similar things had happened with Korros, in being a small rabbit like creature as a Kushiban. But, as he continued to think of other races, he looked back to kitty and thought to himself once again, cocking his head to the side, wondering if their race had ever had dealings with the Cathar or the few other races like them.

"So, Kitty, I was wondering, I know your race are unique, I don't think I've ever heard of another people being able to shift their physical form into that of another animal without the use of the force. But... I was wondering If your race were related to the Cathar in any way... while you're in your more humanoid form, you do look strikingly similar. It was what I mistook you for originally in fact. Before evidence proved otherwise."

Orphen waited a moment as he waited for his food, luckily they were rather fast here, they had to be, as more and more customers came through the door as the booths were being filled and more orders were going out. Orphen reclined across his bench, kicking his legs up and leaning back so that he was more comfortable, looking over to his spouse attentively as he hoped there was a story to be had here. He could only imagine the interactions between the nobility of her race and the nobility of the Cathar... had they fought in the past? allied against common enemies, or perhaps they had never even heard of each other, and it was some kind of colossal galactic coincidence that the lion race and the tiger race had never met, fought, or loved before.

Orphen also loosely remembered that there were a larger cat-like species similar to the Cathar which were tiger-like, but their name escaped him at the time, as powerful as his memory was, the notation must have only been in passing, never having actually physically heard their name.

"Have the people of your race met with or done anything with any other of the felinous races in the galaxy i mean.?"

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
While Kitty impatiently waited for her meat [member="Orphen"] brought up a difficult question. "Well I don't know a whole lot about my kinds history. I'm a lot more cat like than most of my species just because I was born that way but most of my people don't have many feline features in their normal form. They actually look nothing like Cathar. I kinda doubt we are related. Cathar resemble lions while we Felacations while shifted in our cat forms are more like tigers. I would think if we were related we would instead be more like lions. I suppose it doesn't help my fur color looks like that Cathar's do. Mine gets darker in areas than the Cathar's would though and those of my kind sport a large range of fur colors." Kitty answered to the best of her ability. Orphen would then go on to ask another question Kitty was even less capable of answering. "I didn't grow up on Felacat. I grew up with my father at the sith where ever he went. So I don't really know anything about the history of my people. All I know is they don't like to leave their planet and visitors are very rare. I don't think such a thing would be very likely but I have no idea. Sorry I don't know more. Couldn't you look it up with your jedi stuff though?" Kitty asked.

Before Kitty could be given an answer their food arrived. Kitty was given 4 extra rare steaks. She considered reprimanding the waiter for not bringing them to her as soon as each one was finished like she had asked, but her hunger and the increase amount in her plate than she had expected spared him. She awkwardly positioned herself to reach over and quickly scarf the food up. It wasn't very lady like of her but she didn't care. Right now she was a big powerful beast that had a big hungry stomach.

Orphen thought to himself as he watched her dig into her food, though her posture seemed off he was sure that transforming likely used a lot of energy for her, she would need to eat that much in order to stop her muscles going into atrophy. It made sense on some levels, but failed to make sense on so many others, but, Orphen liked the mystery, enigmas entranced him and made him curious, for a boy who had but glance at a page to encode its contents into his very DNA, it was not often he was mystified by the world around him, even rarer to be mystified in such a manner that he would not be able to find out with a couple of touches of a datapad. So, this was largely new ground for him, the only time he had been more entranced with a concept was when he learned about the force for the first time, and attempted to rationalize it. Some deep seeded part of his own subconscious mind knew that it was likely a defense mechanism against the potential chaos of the universe, but, it was how he lived from day to day.

So he smiled.

"Well, I'd love to see it one day... I hear my family were mandalorian, though, I never really met my parents, I was sold to settle a debt early on and was hooked up with the Cartels in the outer rim... so, I guess we're both similar that way... we both have our origins, and we could likely both go back at almost any time, but, we sit and stick with the life we're handed. "

Though, at the mention of her adopted father, Orphen really wanted a name, he wanted to put a face to the title of father which Kitty had bestowed on the Sith Lord whom seemed to almost always put a palpable weight on the mood of their meetings. Orphen wanted to find him, and pry her from his influence forever, but, there was little he was able to do at the moment. So, finishing his meal, though his meal was smaller, he finished well after Kitty would have devoured hers as a hungry beast. But there was something a little adorable about the form she was in, so, leaning over the table, Orphen would land a small kiss in the side of her furry cheek, little more than a symbol, a sign of his care.

"So, what else would you like to see here? Im sure there is something we could do, this place is usually rather lively during this time of year, there should be a festaval on later tonight, there'll be fire-works and food and everything... would you like to go?"

He said with a sombre smile, hoping she would agree and they would be able to enjoy something a little nicer than an above par diner, or being rescued by bandits.

[member="Kitty"]

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty took a break from eating the plates of meat that were constantly bring brought to her. "Well actually funny thing that. I've actually been trying to get in touch with my other roots. I shouldn't be telling you this so don't tell anyone but my father is the leader of the sith assassins. And I don't know if you've been told but the jedi recently destroyed my home. I escaped safely along with the rest of the assassins but afterwords I didn't have anywhere to go. So I went back to Felacat to reconnect with my biological parents some more. I had visited them before but that visit didn't go very well since my father kinda nearly killed them. He has since been banned from the planet but obviously they couldn't stop him if he wanted to visit. Anyways I've actually been living with my biological parents lately and it is probably one of the safest places for us to meet. Those parents would probably be glad to see a jedi instead of a sith too."

After that Kitty went right back to scarfing down the food that had pilled up a bit next to her, which required her to shift her posture a bit more to reach it. [member="Orphen"] had less food than Kitty but he also ate it much slower. On the other hand though it took a bit of time before each steak was finished and Kitty had ordered quite a bit. While she was eating Orphen got up to place a peck on her cheek. The action made Kitty pause for a moment and made her realize Orphen loved her just as much in this form as her normal one. Kitty of course was comfortable in this form. She had spent a large majority of her life in it most of it being in her childhood and never leaving the form. She could move herself in this form just as naturally and gracefully as her other form. She didn't like this form though. It reminded her of her pet slave days and it was always associated with death and destruction once she shifted into it. It was a part of her she wished didn't exist. That small little action from Orphen though, brought her one step closer to truly being comfortable in it.

Kitty finished the last of the food she ordered as her jedi mate brought up the question of what they were going to do next. He proposed a festival a little latter on and Kitty nodded her agreement. What they were going to do directly after the meal was still in the air though. The young sith contemplated for a moment instigating a game of mouse chase cat, but she couldn't really jump on any roof tops of fear her weight would collapse them and a large tiger running through the streets would probably cause panic. It was difficult to really do any other games though. Her lack of thumbs and dexterous fingers made it impossible to use tools of any sort. She was having a fun time just chatting anyways. "Why don't we go look at the scenery?" Kitty suggested. They were finished with their meals empty plates decorating the table. It was about time to pay their dues and make their departure.

Orphen smiled, liking the idea that was posed, if he was able to meet her parents and they were to approve of him, it would mean the world to the Jedi Padawan, also, the padawan was deeply interested in the planet which she had been speaking of. Though, she had given him information which was a little more valuable than perhaps she had known, telling him that her father was the leader of the sith Assassins was a direct tie to knowledge in the future, knowledge which Orphen was able to use to almost certainly find the identity of her father... However, he was certain that a group called the 'Sith Assassins' would be shrouded in secrecy. orphen didn't know about the attack on their compound, it had happened a small while ago, and he had no connection with the Jedi Shadows... their group he had always found distasteful, always hiding in the dark and striking where the darkness lay. They were like the inquisition of the order, it was amazing that they had stemmed from consulars, who were largely pacifistic.

How the mighty had fallen.

"I'm sorry to hear about your home Kitty, were it up to me, there would be no war, I don't see why we need to continue this whole fight, destroying families, homes, relationships... Sometimes I don't care which side ended it all, only that it would end and allow the rest of the Galaxy to be safe. And i can't help but feel if the Jedi ruled the republic, maybe that would have been the case long ago... rather than us be lost in bureaucracy."

Orphen got a little mad thinking about it before he stopped, smiling as the two of them finished their food, paying the diner and tipping the waitress whom served them for a percentage of the meal they had been served, the Jedi stood to leave, there were sights to see, and the festival was not restricted to only the night time hours, they would be setting up, there would be stalls and shops open like a grand market with treats and children running happily through the streets. Leaving, and after little more than a half an hours walk, the view of the festivities would become immediately apparent as the bustling crowds began to stretch our over a main road, the chatter increased across the area as people laughed and carried about their daily business.

"It's a shame that this planet isn't like this every-day, we were rather lucky to catch this festival actually. "

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty didn't like the sound of the jedi ruling more than they already do. if [member="Orphen"] ruled it she wouldn't mind. Orphen wasn't like other jedi. She could relate with him too. He must get much backlash for his different outlook. It made her wonder if his jedi pals knew about this relationship. That would put even more pressure on him and it wouldn't be good for her either.

The feline greatly enjoyed the rest of the day with Orphen. The next day though Kitty was very uncomfortable. She did not like being in republic territory. It bothered her so much she actually took a bunch of money out to get her ship fixed right away. It wasn't cheap either. To say her ship was unique was an understatement. Had the damage not been superficial it would have taken forever. With the ship finally finished Kitty was ready to leave. She loved how beautiful it was, a shame its republic territory. Kitty had her droid set course for Felacat and of course invited Orphen along with her. Though she had tons of fun with the jedi she still didn't want to part with him. Perhaps it was the force's will that Treck hadn't passed her trials and she would no longer have to worry about them bumping into each other if she brought her mate over.

Calling ahead of time the young sith arranged a meal with her parents. She imagine Orphen and her parents would enjoy spending time together, This time Kitty would lock herself up in her cage before setting out in hyperspace. She kinda felt bad Orphen would only have himself for company while she would rage in her little.......well little for her cage. Upon exiting hyperspace Kitty would spend a few hours in her personal quarters to shift back to her normal form. She came out in her usual attire, which she had a lot of since tearing her clothing happened to be a common occurrence. It felt like it had been forever since she had been in her normal form. She was starting to dread her large cat form less now but it was still good to be back to normal.

Descending to her usual landing point behind the palace Kitty noticed a proper landing pad had been constructed while she was away. That was nice, but she hoped it didn't take away from the sith room she had commissioned. She really needed to have that done by now. Exiting the ship, Kitty lead Orphen through the back door of the palace. She considered making teasing the guards stationed there again, but decided that was getting old. She was also just starting to realized she had never told Orphen about the fact that her parents were royalty/rulers of the planet/filthy rich. She hoped the sudden transition from bandits in the woods, to busy festival streets, to super large luxurious palace wasn't too hard on the jedi. She then supposed she should be more worried about the shock she was about to give to her parents. Walking into the dinning room the first thing Kitty saw was the queen and king nearly role their eyes in disgust as Orphen followed in.
"I though this was just going to be a family meal. We didn't know you were going to be bringing along another sith." The queen said.
"Out with one and in with another, will I never get any peace? I understand you have to maintain connections with the sith but do you have to invite them to eat with us. You know I don't like them. I swear you bring more trouble with you now then you did as a kid." The king said.
"Mom, dad, this is Orphen. He isn't a sith he is a jedi and he is my mate." Kitty responded.

Kitty's parents froze with their jaws agape. They were shocked on multiple accounts. First that she had brought a jedi and not a sith and second that she had a mate. The combo of the two would make anyone's head swim especially if you knew the other was a sith. Though Orphen was still unaware of this. "Well you three have fun I need to get a room ready for our guest." Before anyone could question her she was out. The meal doubled as a distraction for Kitty. She was moving all her sith stuff into one room and lucky that room was finished in time. All her gear from the ship and what was lying around in her room. Kitty has suspected awhile ago that keeping her sith stuff lying around wouldn't be an option now that she was living a double life. She wasn't expecting it to cause trouble so soon though. She was lucky everything fell into place as nice as it has. Now she just needed to move everything before they finished.

Orphen too enjoyed the evening, the fireworks of the festival lit up the sky as he lay, leaning up against the soft fur of his mate and almost falling asleep in the open air. But, as things seemed to come to a close it was clear to him that Kitty had been uncomfortable on the world they had been on, so, it came to pass that it was time for them to leave this world and go somewhere [member="Kitty"] would feel more at home. Bringing up her home-world again, it seemed more than about time the two of them should go to meet her parents... Orphen had shown her a world which was important to him, and now it was time for her to show him a world which was important to her. Though it took some time, and Orphen tried not to focus too hard on Kitty being locked in a cage, roaring and ripping at anything that came near. Though, Orphen had managed to find some food on the ship which he threw her from a safe distance while she was in her own little brig. which would hopefully satiate her for a time, and ensure that upon arrival she wasn't hungry.

The planet was beautiful, forest covered some of it and it seemed to be a planet which was blessed with large water resources, which made sense for these kinds of worlds, though it was not as much as planets like Kimino, or other water worlds, it was definitely enough to sustain its own ecosystem.

Once they landed, Orphen waited for Kitty to calm back down, falling asleep for a while before she came back, waking up to the sound of footsteps, he awoke, to see kitty dressed and in her human form. Standing up groggily he smiled broadly before stepping in, and without a single word, kissing her deeply, wrapping his arms around her waist before letting her go.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while now."

He said with a smile as he pulled back and allowed her to lead them off the ship and to her home-land... it was then, he saw the palace.

Orphen realized that this was where they were going rather quickly, and he was somewhat in awe of the beauty of the location, not quite knowing what to say, he didn't know much about Felacat other than they did have a traditional monarchy as a system of government as well as a council representative who tended to deal with whatever republic or political things needed to be done in place of the king at certain events. But other than that, he knew nothing about the world itself. Looking to kitty as they walked, passing the guards whom seemed to be less than hospitable to Orphen at the beginning, Orphen catching the glares of some of them as they passed them by. Likely due to them believing him to be a sith for the mean time. Orphen looked to Kitty, holding her hand and whispering in her ear, so, not to be interrupted or thought of as an idiot as they walked through the wards of the palace.

"So... are your family like? Barons here or something? Cos, this place is amazing..."

But, as they opened the final Door, Even Orphen knew the king and queen of Felacat when he saw them, though they were not often on the news, there had been some happenings with them and making statements recently that he recalled their faces from. Looking to each of them, and then to Kitty as they addressed each other... Orphen could not help but hear 'Sith friends...' which was such an inclusive term to be used by a king. However Orphen disregarded it as Kitty introduced him, her parents standing with their mouths Ajar Orphen took a single pace forward, placed a hand over his heart and bowed slightly as he began to speak in a most respectful and formal tone.

"What she says is true, My name is Orphen Sathariel, Padawan and Artificer of the New Jedi Order of the Galactic Republic and Commander of the Combined Galactic Republic Armed Forces. It is both an honour and a privilege to meet the two of you, whom Kitty holds in such high esteem. "

Orphen could not bring himself to say that he was Kitty's 'mate' it seemed so... descriptive a word, linked solely to reproduction in his mind, and definately not the kind of thing a SANE boy would admit to the father of one's girllfriend as much as you would say to a father. by the way, I'm sleeping with your daughter. Orphen intended to leave felacat in a single piece if he could help it. When it came to Kitty leaving, Orphen looked to her as she went to prepare the rooms, Orphen moved to stand at the table, not sitting down unless invited to do so.

When dealing with the Hutts and other crime families, etiquette was everything, drilled into him from a young age, he was rather good at it.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
It took the two royals a bit to recover. They managed to regain their composure though. "Please sit down and eat." The queen invited [member="Orphen"] gesturing to one of the chairs that was near him. Any awkward silence wouldn't last long as the king was quick to bring up one of the elephants in the room. "So a jedi huh. Hanging out with sith. Not something I thought ever happened. Speaking of unusual, you said you were a padawan. Don't the padawan's of both the jedi and sith normally stick very close to their masters?"

Orphen cocked his head to one side before shaking his head at their words, he must be overthinking the words which they said, the people of felecat likely had different customs, and they obviously didn't seem to enjoy Kittie's predicament with the Sith, that was for sure, so, it was likely said in what remnants they had in their anger and Orphen discarded the 'hanging out with Sith' portion of their speech as relevant, though it was true by Kittie's own admission that she was affiliated with the group. So, taking a seat as he was invited, Orphen looked to a nearby napkin and awaited an invitation to eat, though, it seemed that the royal pair had more questions that they intended to ask of him. Smiling, the Jedi was more than happy to oblige with answers.

"Oh, you see, I work with Jedi Master Taeli Raaf, so, I'm especially let off on a loose leash a lot of the time, haha, she runs a rather profitable organisation within the Republic which eats up any of her time which is not spent working with the Order or working with me, so, I'm often left to my own devices, so, i travel, take up missions for the order and train myself in the field. But as for associating with the Sith, political ties need to be made if any war is to be resolved in full... one day, a side will win this conflict, and it's not the Jedi way to leave behind nothing but scorched earth. So, any friendship or common ground is working toward a peace which serves us all really."

He said with a smile and pleasantries, finally, as they began to eat and Orphen would be served his food, he would begin to dine with them after any dinner-time rituals.

[member="Kitty"]

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
The expression on both the queen and king's faces made it clear they were more than pleased with this young mans response. The King put down his food a serious and concerned demeanor consuming him. All traditional etiquette and procedure was cast aside as he began to spoke. "I realize we have just met but I can't tell you how glad I am someone like you has put interest in my daughter. If I am to believe her statement that you two are now mated then I am most pleased. I realize this is out of the blue and happening fast but I believe it is fortune of fate or will of the force as your kind would call it, that our daughter has chosen this inopportune time to leave us alone with you. I have seen first hand what the sith are like. I thank the gods every day that she is not completely one of them, but I can see as time progresses she is very slowly but surly falling into their madness. I beg of you take our daughter away to the jedi to be surrounded by good. If you do this I and my mate will be able to sleep soundly at night again knowing she is not with and being influenced by evil. She has a great gift and I want her to use it for good and I want her to be happy. Again I beg you take her to the jedi and keep her out of the clutches of the sith."
[member="Orphen"]

Orphen stood and stared for a moment... suddenly he felt like the world was closing in around him, he found it hard to breathe, his analytical mind running more than enough probability variables which led to an inevitable painful death at the hand of [member="Kitty"] 's adopted parent. The Sith Lord that she had mentioned in passing... but with that single stray thought trigger, the damage was done... bringing his hand to his forehead he could not help but cringe at the feeling of heat burning into his mind and his eyes... the Jedi padawan became thrown into pain as his mind flashed back to the sterile room, the beings towering over him, the needles in his eyes and the pipes pumping fluid through his body, keeping him alive beyond what any mortal being should be able to endure. He could remember the men in white as they exposed him to images, chemicals, sounds, all custom tailored to stimulate cognitive growth beyond what is natural in a human...

The process ultimately granting him a gift, and a curse, granting him the ability to always remember, while robbing him of his ability to ever forget... a screeching in his ears so loud he could not ignore as the pain within his mind was like his head was on ice... but fighting the sensations and the photographic borderline psychotic memory and failing, though, one line of what they had said broke the deathly hold of his throes...That kitty had not fallen to the sith... Focusing on that...Orphen managed to hold back an episode, taking a few moments to breathe, his skin looking notably paler as he relaxed against the chair, breathing heavily as he looked back to his guests which were no doubt worried... laughing it off

"I'm sorry, I have a... melody... i guess."

He said pointing in the direction of his head, recomposing himself and sitting forward.

"I can promise the two of you that I will do everything in my power to ensure that Kitty is happy, and remains a good person.... I... Can't promise I can make her do something she does not want to do... but there is always a place among the order specially for her... my master, Taeli, was once a sith, she would understand and vouch for her personally I'm sure. I hope that will suffice... but... if i may... what is the name of her adopted father?"

Orphen answered as honestly as he could through his fatigue which had made him feel weak, and sick instantly, even though it had barely persisted for any more than a handful of seconds. The Jedi was filled with a sense of hope now, all illusions and doubts that he had, had about her faded away in an instant with what her parents had said... but what lingered was now a morbid curiosity, if Orphen was to try and help her leave the ranks of the sith, he needed to know his obstacle, what he was up against, and the person that he was sure he would inevitably have to fight.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
The king and queen were indeed worried as Orphen seemed to suddenly go pale and sick looking. It seemed as if they were putting more pressure on him then they thought. The queen who knew her daughter better than her mate did wouldn't be surprised if Kitty had gone picked him up and brought him here before he had agreed to anything. That theory was debunked though when [member="Orphen"] showed genuine concern and caring for their daughter. He also agreed to what they had suggested but couldn't promise he would take her if she didn't agree. They knew she probably wouldn't agree. She was so attached to that foul man she considered her true father and wouldn't agree to be cut off from him.

The queen and king knew full well the room their daughter ordered built to store all her sith stuff. The timing of all this was just all so perfect. If Orphen could not promise they would have no choice but to take things into their own hands. If things continued as they did there was no doubt in their minds that Kitty would eventually be lost to them forever it would be as if they had never found her to begin with and that was something they could not handle. With all her sith stuff being stored in one place and walking around unarmed they could safely catch her and send her somewhere she'll be safe. It was a last resort though.
"Ferus is who he introduced himself as when he came here. Just Ferus we don't know what his darth name is unless that is his darth name we don't know." The queen answered the young jedi's question. The king spoke next, "Please even if she doesn't agree you need to take her. She isn't safe anywhere but with the jedi. Your life is also in danger if you hang around her. The only way you two can be safe is if you take her to the jedi."

With the help of many of the guards and servants Kitty managed to get all her sith related stuff put away in her finished sith room. Now she could live her double life without having to worry about anything. She could proceed with confidence. Returning to the family dinning area Kitty heard Orphen talking with her parents about something that sounded a little weird. Entering into the room Kitty quickly took a seat. She noticed Orphen wasn't looking to good. She was about to ask how things had been going but her mother spoke before she could asking anything. "We were just talking about how you know plenty about the sith. Perhaps you should go with your mate and learn about the jedi and his way of life. It would surly strengthen the two of you. Kitty thought she knew where her mother was coming from and as much as she would love to strengthen their bond Kitty couldn't go directly to the jedi. She could see that going bad places real quick. "I don't think that's a good idea. Dad would be pissed if he found out."

Orphen had a drink of wine, the alcohol lining his dry throat as the de-stressing neural depressant began to slow his now racing mind and allow him to recompose himself properly, looking to Kitties' parents, one then the other, he could see the desperation in their eyes, hear the anxiety in their tone and sense a feeling of how far they would be willing to go to ensure the safety of their beloved daughter... they truly cared a world for her and would no doubt move mountains for Kitty... Orphen felt jealous, the only parents he had ever had left him to settle a gambling debt when he was a child, since then he had never really had anyone he was able to call mother or father outside of the Jedi order, and even then... though it was somewhat of his own fault... he was more of a secluded hermit in the grand scheme of things. But when they mentioned the name Ferus, Orphen's mind went into overtime, had he ever heard of that name before? The answer was evident by the fact he actually had to think... an easy solution to come back with a negative on the name, but, Holonet would know more than it led on... once you had a name, it was only a matter of time before you could be tracked down, and Orphen had people EVERYWHERE... It had just been a long time since he had met them.

Orphen stored that piece of vital intel within the deep recesses of his mind for a later date... but with what the king said afterwards, began to border on paranoia. So Orphen moved to assure him.

"Your highness, I will do everything I can, but remember that Kitty is a very talented girl, she's smart, crafty, and a talented fighter, she's saved my life already on one occasion when i was kidnapped. The Sith are just people, they're not gods, even Darths... the Jedi can be far from saints also... But you have my word of honour that every resource available to me will be put into her care and protection. And likewise, I am more than capable of taking care of myself... "

Orphen smiled the smile of the devil, cheeky, rebellious, filled with a mirth and almost Machiavellian craft.

"I'm not you're average Jedi."

It was at that moment that [member="Kitty"] entered the room, asking what they had been talking about, her father responded with a rather round about message, as would be expected by someone who was of royal political station, he didn't want to create a conflict. Though, Orphen thought that he needed to at least show that he was willing to work with her parents on this one. His mind thought Sith, and instantly came up with what he thought to be the best response at the time.

"C'mon, we already went to Alderaan, I think you would enjoy it there, I could show you around and dispel some of the falsehoods which circulate around us, you've already taught me more about the Sith than I ever knew, I had always thought them to be monsters... just cthonic terrors which were the creation of nightmares. You proved me wrong, not let me show you that not all Jedi are emotionless robots... If your father is the issue, you're a non force user, you could spin it as you gathering intel, you'd definitely go unnoticed, Sith have never been ones to turn down ambition historically."

He said with a smile, tilting his head to one side.

"after all... It's always better to ask forgiveness than for permission."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
The king was not at all convinced, even with [member="Orphen"]'s almost sinister smile. His daughter saved this jedi's life. Last he could recall Kitty was helpless when Ferus had eliminated all of his guards in an instant and nearly took his life. He wouldn't have a chance to say anything more though as his daughter would walk in and his mate would give a friendly explanation of what they had been discussing.

Kitty's parents were completely confused though when Orphen called their daughter a non force user. He had just earlier called her a talented fighter so he must have seen her in action. He couldn't possible mistaken her as anything but a force user. They thought perhaps it was a term for a force user who focuses more on their saber skills than the force as they had seen personally that this was true for Kitty. The context in which it was used though implied otherwise. It implied that he considered Kitty not to be force sensitive. With the way things were going right now though they didn't want to throw a Kowakian wrench in Orphen's attempt to persuade their daughter. They would latter decide that if Kitty was indeed keeping her true sith nature from Orphen than they would respect her decision and let her decide when to reveal the potentially relationship breaking news.

Kitty supposed Orphen had a point. The only thing she really knew about jedi was that which she read in books which wasn't something she did a lot of. That and if her father did indeed find out she could just say she was gathering intel on the jedi. She still had sith duties to do though and she nearly rolled here eyes when she realized this meant she was going to have to move some of her sith stuff back into her ship. "Alright I suppose I'll have a sleep over with the jedi." Kitty said before turning to her food and stuffing her face in a semi princessy matter.

It goes without saying Kitty's parents were most pleased with this turn of events. The way things had worked out everyone was happy. The King and Queen remained in a particularly happy mood as they ate and small talked with their daughter and her mate. Kitty like wise was in a particularly good mood. She was getting to experience what most would consider a normal family meal at the dinning table but to Kitty it was the life she could have had, had she not been picked up by the sith and so far it looked like a really good life. Who knows perhaps she could still have that life while in the sith.

After the welcome meal was over Kitty would show Orphen to the guest room and her room and let him chose where he wanted to hang out and sleep. In the mean time she would pack her stuff for the next trip such as clothing and other daily living necessities. On her way to put them in her ship she would also grab some of her sith stuff from her sith room and place them in a secret place insider her ship. That secret place being under her bed.

Orphen sighed internally, a sigh of deep and fulfilling relief and comfort as it seemed that he had managed to convince [member="Kitty"] to come with him for her parents, though, he did not like the feeling that he had out-foxed his 'mate,' the guilt weighed on him like a lead back-pack and it made him more than uncomfortable, though in the mean time he had managed to keep his outward composure, with only the minor slip in looking a little unfocused when he found his gaze lying on Kitty for any extended period of time... it was when he realized the mood she was in at the moment that Orphen truly regained himself, laughing and telling a couple of stories about himself over dinner while the continued their meal... But eventually, it came to an end and it was time for them to retire to their own respective areas. As they walked Orphen interlaced his fingers with Kitties as they headed back for their respective rooms. Being shown the guest room Orphen was a little unsure about the whole thing.

"I'd much rather stay with you..."

Orphen said, clutching her hand a little bit tighter.

"Though, there is something I'd like to tell you, while you were gone, your parents were rather blunt with me about me wanting to take you to the Jedi, I would still love for you to come and visit, but, I don't want to push you into anything you don't want to do. Especially if I feel like I've been pushed into getting you to do it. "

He said kinda looking down towards the floor, scuffing one of his shoes along the ground but not so that it would leave a mark of any kind along the grandiose floor on which they walked. Orphen felt better now that he had come clean about the event which had come to pass, he didn't like holding onto secrets for the sole fact that he could not forget them, their burden never dulled with age, Orphen could remember holding onto a couple of secrets from people within the Jedi due to lies he had told, and the whole process had been agony for the youngling, torturing himself over the course of weeks before he finally came clean on whatever minor issue had occured or thing he had accidentally broken.

As they came to her room, Orphen looked around, seeing her room for the first time... it was much larger than any of the rooms he had ever slept in, he doubted it was something he would be able to get used to.

"Man, Celeste would love a room like this."

He said out loud, a little awe struck at the whole experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom