Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech S-66 Scorpio Hybrid Pike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I Dream of Electric Sheep?

T--Wageningen_UR--divider_purple.png
unknown.png

32c5e0b09477c9b6eeb3a2e424ca966c.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a potent melee weapon for G 3 M 1 N 1.
  • Image Source: Dane Hallet
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Force-Pike // Vibro-Spear
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Hybrid Pike
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Bi-Form Blade: This oscillating weapon with its unique construction is able to cycle between several attack modes; Heat and Electrified with varying advantages and disadvantages. It accomplishes this through manipulating the superconductive properties of Ultrachrome plating with the energy absorbent properties of a Pyronium core with an in built power converter to allow energy to flow between the two seamlessly.
  • Durable: The S-66 is able to, in one form or another, combat most melee weapons evenly.
  • Compact: The weapon is telescopic allowing it to be stored in a compact space less than a foot long
  • Weaponized Pommel: The Pommel of the weapon is capable of extending a smaller 6" blade with considerable force.
STRENGTHS
  • Modular Combat: The S-66 through the use of its inbuilt power converter is able to shift its blades between one of several states with its own unique strengths:
    Neutral Form: The standard state of the blade, the power converter set to absorb heat and electrical energy that comes into contact with the ultrachrome plating into the Pyronium core as heat energy to be used in one of its two altered states. In this form the weapon is able to resist high temperature and electrical attacks with some relative ease as the force of the convection draws them into it being the easier path for the energy to follow.
    Heat form: Releasing energy from the stored Pyronium and / or converting electrical energy into heat along the length of the blade, the blades become white hot, burning at extreme heats capable of igniting flammable substances within one foot of the blade and causing less flammable objects to melt or combust at a touch. This mode is extremely effective against hardened surfaces such as heavy armour as it softens the metal before the oscilating blade tears into it. The weapon gives off a 1m radius of heat that is almost unbearable for sensitive locations of organic creatures not especially protected against high temperatures, such as their eyes.
    Taser Form: Channeling energy from an electrical power source or the converter cycling the heat energy stored within the pyronium into electricity the weapon takes on an Ion charge capable of dealing significant damage with enough power. Becoming equivalent to a force pike in every sense of the form, able to stun, kill and cut through light armour with high efficiency while also being an effective defense against light sabers but extremely effective against many types of droid.
  • Oscillating Blade: While the weapon taking on an element of which it is conducting is a fantastic addition, even without the additional effects the weapon boasts a base as a double sided vibroblade giving it some level of use when all else fails with thrusts and slashing.
  • Collapse-able: Much of the weapons space within its structure, due to the ability to leave room for its internal machinations leaves the weapon able to collapse into a more compact form, allowing it to be used as a one handed weapon similar to that of a Force Pike or as an extended spear. The release of the weapons elongation and retraction is also rather violent, enabling some surprise attacks.
  • Light-saber Resistant: As an Ultrachrome weapon, depending on its setting its very effective against a lightsaber even if engaged with for some time.
WEAKNESSES
  • Modular Combat: While the weapons in their individual forms may have potent advantages, they also have varying disadvantages based on their state:

Neutral Form: Generally unremarkable aside from its ability to absorb heat and electrical energy. Almost useless against heavy armour.
    Heat Form: While releasing incredible heat can be a boon for some, without heat resistance, this form of the weapon is almost impossible to wield. Additionally the weapon when exuding this heat is prone to breaking or warping with extreme physical impacts.
    Taser Form: A well balanced mode, however due to the entirety of the weapon being plated in ultrachrome, without insulation the weapon will certainly deliver its shock to the wielder. Additionally, this mode without an external power source expends the resources stored within the weapon at its fastest rate, requiring in most cases an external source of power to convert or use in order to maintain for prolonged combat, especially at higher voltage settings.
  • Material Weapon: Unlike a lightsaber, the S-66 is a mass weapon, striking with some force, but also having heft to it makes it slower than an energy weapon like a lightsaber.
  • Time Dedication: Swapping forms takes time, charging up enough heat to go from neutral to red-hot can take a moment when they're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Although it may take a couple of moments, the switch in between forms without outside influences is long enough that a skilled fighter could take advantage of the weapon caught between forms.
DESCRIPTION
"Dear Mr Locke,

It's with great pleasure that I send to you the current fruits of my research, enclosed is a blueprint seeking approval for manufacture of my design which I believe will be of great use to yourself and Locke and Key. The article shows designs for a three forme weapon capable of adapting on the battlefield as battlefield conditions change. The prototype utilizes Pyronium as an absorbent to harness and store heat energy within the core of the weapon and an ultrachrome plating in order to disperse energy evenly along its surface as a superconductor. I've found, that the two metals working in concert with a power converter the weapon would be able to alternate through several stages of energy, almost like using a convection current.

This would mean that soldiers on a battlefield would be able to come into contact against droids, hostile targets, soft targets like a civilian riot or an armoured unit and have the weapon with tools capable of fending them off and being ultimately victorious. The design which i have created is compact and expandable, perfect for a side-arm for an elite unit or even a primary weapon for an expert. There has been some debate between my colleagues and I regarding to personal shielding from the effects, A personal EM field could be incorporated into the weapon, adding additional weight and potentially dulling some of the effectiveness of the weapon, but making it much more safe to use, while others say that many of the environmental proof armours at Locke and Key would be of materials sturdy enough to maintain this effect and heighten the Pike's effectiveness.

As a personal note, we are in the midst of researching a superconductive alloy to replace the ultrachrome as well as a synthetic variant of the Pyronium for affordability, but such things would, once again, likely result in a net loss of sheer impact.

The weapon is lightweight composition, 5'2" in full length but may be compacted down to as little as 11". The weapons' composition is aerodynamic making it inherently throw-able and boasts a foot long oscillating vibroblade head with a six inch electable oscillating blade at the opposite end for some redundancy.

I hope this finds you well, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future regarding development of this tool. Together, I believe with the S-66, we'd be able to save a lot of lives in the field when inevitable surprises are abound.

Sincerely, Amos Fallib - Junior Scientist, Correllia "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom