Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rywens Distillery

Status
Not open for further replies.
~*Rywen's Distillery*~

thmbl_Dishonored_2013-02-02_15-15-48-92.jpg

Corporation Name: Rywen's Distillery

Headquarters: Galtea

Locations: N/A

Operations:
  • Production of various alcoholic beverages (Primarily varieties of whiskey in the Corellian style)
  • Production of associated products used in consumption: Whiskey stones, rocks glasses, shotglasses, various cocktail kits, etc...

Rationale: Galtea was a colony settled by primarily humans it would appear. Reasoning is sound to assume that some were Corellians. Further sound reasoning is [member="Ayden Cater"] and several others sent ships out into 'safe space' to flee the destruction of Corellia and find an out of the way home for the refugees, easy to say a member of the Rywen/Whyren/Whyrrhen distilling family was on that ship, and thus the "true" tradition of the whiskey survives(d). Julius has spent significant time in the Kathol Outback where Galtea is located, and has a tidy sum from gambling and other such. More than reasonable, given his love for liquor, for him to invest as primary owner of this company and/or to be hired on as Master Distiller.

Tier: 2

Description:

In the early days of the Galtean colony, there were true rough & ready men about the place. Agriculture and Mining Guilds ran and still to this day run the planet. Where there are hard-working men present, harder liquor will still yet be found. With a healthy population of Corellians in the mix of original settlers of the planet, a love for the Corellian style ales and particularly whiskies was common early on. Few things soothe sore muscles, and either cool or break a hot temper like a good brew or shot after a day of toil in the mines or fields. And so, for century and millennia, Galtea evolved in its' own pecuilar style of brewing, still noticeably rooted in Corellian traditions.

As time wore on, traditions and idiosyncrasies cropped up that deviated from the main habits of the parent style from Corellia, most notably the use of a higher rye percentage in the mash bill of the common 'Galtean Grain Whiskey'. This whiskey evolved from a crude (worked with what they had!) everclear style spirit to a full blown bourbon style spirit in the end. Even if tending to the heavy rye variety. Pecuilar and unique to to the tradition of Galtean whiskey was the use of either granite or lime filtered water, and with the earthy tones and scents common to Corellia falling out of favor due to complexity of the bill and aging.

Eventually, the sundering of Corellia happened during the Netherworld crisis. Many fled the planet, fearing its' inevitable destruction. Some specifically in ships and on a mission from the farsighted [member="Ayden Cater"]. One such ship contained many workers and farmers, common people, of Corellia. It also included working class folk, the upper middle class, and a younger son of the current Master Distiller of Rywen's, who chose to go with his wife and her family when they left. Should Corellia fall, her spirit (in a certain sense) would not. This man, whose name Glavo has never told to anyone, settled on Galtea with the rest of his companions, and became enamored of the celebratory culture of brewing and distilling therein.

Founding a branch of Rywens on Galtea, eventually due to complications of the rift, he became unaware how his family fared, and assumed his small unit was all that remained. And so he blended Corellian and Galtean tradition, unaware of it being the second time that it had been done. The man aged, seeing his work prosper in the small communities and bars, becoming just as big a household name on Galtea as it had on so many other Corellian colonies. And eventually, a man in need of a job stumbled onto his place. And so, Joseus Whyren hired Glavo Pahro as first a plant worker.

But the Jedi-turned-Smuggle-turned-Jedi-turned-Smuggler had a natural nose and taste for spirits, and soon became a distiller, and one of Joseus' right hand men. Frequently they toiled together, Glavo seeming to have an instinct with just what mixture of spice, grains, corn and such to use. Always coming up with the most bizzare, but amazing, aging processes as well. From a mass producer of common whiskey to a craft distillery of the highest order, the companies fortunes soared (relatively speaking).

As the already aging scion of the Rywen's legacy, the first distillery to produce the famed 'Rywens Reserve', which (like the name of the distiller), post the Gulag Plague was mangled from Old Corellian into Basic as 'Whyren' instead of 'Rywen', began to feel his health fail, and having no children of his own, he named Julius his heir, rather than let the brand die. Named the next Master Distiller, Glavo began to truly study the tradition of Rywens, not just the instinct for whiskey and booze in general. A grand dream lay before him of one day laying down a cask with spirit in it to rival the famed NN182 that was around during the Rebellion and said to be a favorite of Han Solo himself. Whether that will happen or not, time can only tell.

Subsidiaries: N/A

Parent Corporation: N/A

Primary Source: N/A

~*THIS IS A CANON COMPANY*~

Company: Rywen's Distillery
Modification Made: Archive Submission & Quit Claim to Canon Company
Rationale: I took this up with the intent to do a lot, and the current company structure at the time was just not set up well for what I wanted to do. Forgot I had the company as Canon. Now I want to allow other people to use it if they want, so giving it up.

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Glavo Pahro"]

Initial notes:

I agree that the Whyren's name can be claimed as a canon company. That ruling was over two years ago, and I don't consider it a binding precedent.

However, Whyren's Distillery as a company has already been made. There'll need to be some flexibility here. In particular, the name is going to have to change, as the name 'Whyrens Distillery' was actually created on Chaos. I'll add to these notes later.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] - If you agree it can be claimed as a Canon Company, than may I offer a counter?

The current owner of Whyrens has a Canon company I believe. Not sure. I know she has a conglomerate in ATC... And didn't seem interested, per her comments in the submission, in that slot being taken up by Whyrens. I however, don't have as lofty business goals as she. Just a hillbilly who wants to play with booze and write things no one will probably read XD.

Given there was no dev done, nor is the company registered/grandfathered into anything Canon for claiming or the like... And has been inactive for.... A while, with company and owner character....

I submit I'll happily 'upgrade' or 'change' this to be claiming the Canon variant. I am even willing, if it is your agreement the company be Canon, to do a thread where Julius is out and about selling 'his version' of Whyrens, stumbles into the current owner, and through process of wheeling and dealing, the two halves are united. Or we can just handwave it into the sub, or however you'd like. I approached the owner originally about this, on another character, but I don't think they understood what I was asking at the time.

I'm pretty easy on this. I want to play with booze in Star Wars. And Whyrens is the only real named product, so it'd be pretty amazing to label the passion project this is with it. Let me know.

EDIT: Also, not to split hairs, but the other sub is just 'Whyren's".... I added 'Distillery' to the name to make a minor differentiation, and note that my branch deviated from the original, but was born from it.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] - She actually PM'd me about... 2 minutes after I posted this thread.... I can add you to that, so we don't clutter the thread? I pinged her with my idea and a link to here so she could see it as well.

Note: at this point, I discussed this in PM with Glavo, Chloe Blake, and Spencer Varanin. After a discussion, Spencer rendered a judgment. Edits and approvals from this point on will be in accordance with that judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom