Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Rule Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taji Nelson

T
In the rules for Factory / Codex submissions it prohibits bumping your applications in the slightest. What I propose is a 10-15 Day Rule instead. If an application is pending review, or not reviewed and has not been looked at / replied to by the Judge who is looking at it in that time frame, you may bump it one time just to make sure that they know you're still working on it.

You can make use of your submissions as soon as they're posted.

All of staff on this site, from the CJ/FJs to the Admins (and the RPJ's in between ♥) do this on a strictly voluntary basis. Sometimes, this means that submissions need to wait a little bit longer before they can get to them. Bumping only adds unneeded stress. They know they're there, they're going to get to it as soon as they can.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
I mean Srina and John go through the pre sections pretty regularly and you have a month sometimes more to work on them if they are there. If you need to get it moved when you are finished you can tag as many (I believe) or was it 3 members of the area from admin to judge to move it and they will. You don't have to wait heavily to use it.... and 95% of the time things are almost instantly approved. 4% there are edits and unless it really goes far gets denied. I might miss some of the old things like reinforcing and beefing subs up with dev threads but it really is a lot more efficient then it used to be.

Taji Nelson

T
I was referring to this, in case it seems that a Factory Judge has dropped the ball on the application and it sits there unlooked at for 10-15 days. This was just an idea to modify that rule so that once you've done the edits to an application, replied you have, but receive no further feedback on it, a way to gently nudge said judge without violating the no bumping rule. And I was referring to ones already in the Live Judging section.

All of staff on this site, from the CJ/FJs to the Admins (and the RPJ's in between ♥) do this on a strictly voluntary basis.

Just as Madalena has put it, we're on a volunteer basis. With the fact that your submission again is useable without judgment, there's no need to bump it. The judge would get to it when they are available and continue the judgment either to express you need edits/deny/approve the submission. There's still no need to let you bump a submission. If you have an issue, its best to bring it to the attention of the Factory/Codex admin.

Taji Nelson

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Taji Nelson

While both Srina Talon Srina Talon (Codex Admin) and John Locke John Locke (Factory Admin) are more than capable of answering this for themselves, I'm just gonna go ahead and save them some time here. I'm also gonna basically repeat what is said above but use my dulcet adminly tones in the hope it will sink in better.

Okay, so, I understand things can be frustrating at times on this site. Chaos by name, chaos by nature, amirite? However, that said, this is one of those instances where the issue is entirely self-inflicted and thus easily remedied once you understand the following:
  • Judges are extremely busy human shaped beings. Not only do they have to contend with the section they are assigned to, but they also have board and real world responsibilities. A little understanding goes a long way. Be patient, be kind, be the cliche change you want to see in the world.

• Barring the notable exception of planets, your submissions are automatically given a 'soft' approval once they are posted/moved to the relevant judgement forum. Why would you need to bump what is already groovy?

• Any issue you may have during the course of a judgement can easily be remedied by either contacting the relevant Section Admin (named earlier in this post) or by second chancing.
Simple, right? Right.

Awesome, glad we could have this talk. Please feel free to read, reflect and learn to relax a little. Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll not only live longer, you'll enjoy your time on Chaos a helluva lot more.

Meanwhile, I'm going to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom