Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ruins Of Madness

boris-turano-snowy-temple-entrance-01-boris-turano.jpg

Tags: Onrai Onrai

In northern parts of Rhand far from the plains where the Bone temple had been resurrected sat a ruined city and at its center sat a towering Black Temple. The city had long ago been left to ruin and decay well before the Planet had been sacked by the now defunct Confederacy of Independent worlds. Many figures covered head to toe in red robes made there way towards the center of the city towards the Black the Temple. As they approached the Temple even more men and women of many species were gathered these one wore very little clothing even in this fridge part of the north. The one with very little clothing surrounded the Black temple like guardians of what ever dwelled with in. They held heavy spear like weapons in and a round metal shield. Their clothing made of cloth and leather white and brown in color. The skin that was laid bare and could be seen was scarred and mutilated and all their eyes were missing cut out their sockets left scar over.

Among the red robe Individuals moving towards the black temple and the scarred guardians one stood out. They were dressed head to toe in white and their eyes glowed sulfuric orange from t he slits of the white death mask they wore over their face. The white mask expressionless uncaring and just as cold as the individual who wore it. The figure in white was small not even reaching one point five meters tall but they casted a long shadow.

The one in white seemed to lead the procession to the temple, all those in red merging into line behind them. As they made it to the temple those scarred men as they were called moved from there post and formed to lines leading up to the entrance gate to the Black Temple. As the one in white walked by with those in red following behind them the scarred men dropped to a knee and bowed their heads. As The one in white came to the large temple doors, they outstretch their right hand and their sulfuric eyes flared up and as they did the large doors cracked opened. The one in white made there way into the temple followed by those in red who began to split off going to their respective areas to do their studies and research in the Temple. Yet the one in white continued on their way towards a large private library they had claimed as their own in the temple.

Once inside they first removed the white death mask from there head setting it on table, they came to a little way into entering the private library. The private Library had shelves of books that went up three stories high and the room was circular in shape. The bookcase seemed to be aligned in a weird maze-like pattern that led to the center where a stone throne sat surrounded by tables on three sides. The figure in white after removing their mask made their way through the maze of high bookshelves to the stone throne.

On the tables around the stone throne were four chess board and piles of books, scrolls, and a few minor artifacts. The Chess boards had a bunch of different pieces on them and were not set up for a game of any known kind. The one in white began to peel off their upper robes revealing white leather catsuit underneath. The figure through the robe over a nearby set of white Mandalorian armor that was on a mannequin. There were several mannequins with armor on them in this inner circle of the maze of bookshelves. Moving past the armor and other racks with weapons on them the figure in white passed by a crystal ball and ran the index finger of there right hand across it. As they did an image of the entrance into the private library could be seen through it as it used the eyes of the mask set on the table near the entrance to keep tabs on it so the figure could see anyone who dare to enter the private library with out permission.

Then the figure in a white leather cat suit took a seat in the stone throne at the very center of the Private library that sat at the exact center of the Black temple that was in the exact center of the ruined city. The figure white reached up and pull out the knot that she had her raven black hair tied up in and allowed it to fall to her shoulders contrasting against the white leather and the beings pale skin. Then the Being removed the white gloves from there hand and set them on the table to the left of throne knocking over a red queen chess piece in the process. Then the small figure that was Tegan Starfall leaned back in the stone throne and a wicked smirk crossed their face as the energies of Rhand itself began to flow through her.

"Show yourself." She said as she could feel the presences of another being in the room. She could in that moment feel everything on Rhand. Ever since she had merged with, he Planets soul she had been connected to it and everything that stepped on its surface. Though she had to be in place of power like this temple to do it with out much effort.

And to think you became so close to achieving true enlightenment. The presence she sensed said. Torches on the walls shivered and flames distorted into unnatural shapes as shadow poured across the floor, swiftly coalescing into a shadowy form that was the manifestation of Onrai.

“You should not presume that just because the twisted essence underlying this world was bound to your will that you have achieved that which so many claim yet so few truly possess. Rhandite philosophy has always been so nihilistic, and forgetful of the deeper truth beyond the origins of the Way of the Dark.” She observed Tegan for a bit.

“That said, I have enlightened many - would you like to know the truth that has been so lost for so long?” She asked, offering a hand.

Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall

Tegan watched as the shadowy being coalesced before her Tegan staring right at it. As it spoke, she allowed a half-amused smirk cross her face. Her orange sulfuric eyes dulling a bit as they stared straight forward at the being look like they were staring right through them. Tegan's stare was cold and dead, the half smirk showed Tegan was listening, but that stare seemed far and absent from this place even if it connected with Onrai general eye area. As she listened her left-hand reach over to the left of the throne and picked up a white Pawn from a pile of chess pieces. She flipped it upside down and began scratching at the round bottom the piece with her thumbnail painted black like the rest of her fingernails that were also filed to points.

"You assume a lot." Tegan spoke her tone soft eerily shy like, not what you would expect from someone who had killed nearly countless numbers at this point. Then again, no two psychopaths where exactly the same. Tegan's eyes stayed fixated on the shadowy being in her personal study, but she let the silence linger just longer than one should in polite conversation to make it uncomfortable.

"Many have offered me enlightenment but more times than not they deliver disappointment. Yet since you seem to think you know me, I will let you speak your truth." Very few knew or even understood Tegan's motivations. Tegan could count on one hand the amount of people who even truly understood her. Then again that happened when most people she in encountered were so much younger than her and had not seen or experienced the things she had.

“Many have not had to sacrifice as much to understand the truth as I.” Onrai responded. It was plain enough to see what she had referred to as the state she existed in now was by no means a natural one - not of any being known to exist in a normal capacity, certainly. Onrai reached within the shadowed mass that was her allegorical body and withdrew the roughly fist-sized gem, the Sunstar-Shadowstone. “But if you are certain, then please, come.”

The gem began to glow and Tegan would feel the ripples in the fabric of reality within the world, forces unknown soon opening a roughly man-sized rift in the middle of the room. Energies swirled from within, the barriers of dimensions temporarily punctured as Onrai motioned for Tegan to come and join her. “We do not have forever, but the sooner we go, the better.” She said.

The opportunity was Tegan’s to come and learn more if she wished.

"Hmm." Was all Tegan said to Onrai's words of sacrifice to know the truth. She watched and continued to scratch at the bottom the chess piece as she let the entity continue. Tegan watched as a rift was open in the maze of that was her personal library. Her orange eyes stared at for a moment before returning back to Onrai. As the entity spoke of not having forever and that they needed to go, Tegan realized Onrai did not know her one bit. So Tegan just put on a smirk and stood up in the throne like chair she had been sitting in. She then leapt on the table in front of her and then jump from there to the ground before Onrai.

Onrai towered of the diminutive figure that was Tegan, however Tegan didn't seem even remotely intimidated. In fact, Tegan didn't seem to have any fear she just stared at Onrai for a moment longer then at the Portal. In her hand she still clutched the chess piece seemingly the only thing she was going to bring with her no weapons or anything of the like. She stared at the portal and then stepped forward and through it not a single ounce of trepidation as she did so.

As she stepped through the rift, she found herself in and odd place of strange shapes and liquid yet solid surfaces. With each footstep the ground rippled like water but was completely solid under her boots. She had seen places like this before well not exactly like this but pockets of interdimensional space or possible it was an alternate dimension it wasn't clear. It hardly mattered but Tegan had seen similar places and heard of a million more in books. The Nether was another Dimension and Tegan had been there and back several thousand times.

"And what is this place?" Tegan had her guessed but it was hard to be sure exactly. First thoughts were possibly a interdimensional pocket created out of the force by a force user. It was possible Tegan had once hunted for the Kingdom of Dreams to no avail and she had created her own mindspace. There were other Legends of master of the force retreating from real space into their own created realities playing Gods in a Make-believe land. Tegan did not Judge though she preferred to be a God in this reality.

"This is the realm of the dead gods, the abandoned laboratory of the Architects where monsters and mortals both were fabricated and laid bare upon the galaxy." She said. The plain unreality of their experience had already proven incredibly harmful to many who were brought here, and only certain kinds of minds possessed the necessary wherewithal to adapt to the maddening irregularity of the planet. Before them lay the three great cubes, holes rent through them as their squared forms contrasted with the atypical landscape - a wrongness within the wrongness of the yet unnamed Otherworld.

"Tell me, Tegan. What do you know of the Celestials?" This was as good a place to start as any.

This Place could drive some to madness to be sure but it was hard to break a mind that was already as fractured and broken as Tegan's. A dimension created by the architects as a laboratory of sorts to test their machinations was a feasible assumption. Tegan nodded to those words as she continued to look around though there was a huge flaw in the entities claim. The architects much like the Jedi, sith, infinite empire, and so many others could indeed create life to the point it was nothing special or unique the architects did not create the mortals of real space. Many faiths praised them as gods and creators, even her own people the Dathomiri or long before present day the Paecian that later mingled with Zabrak becoming the Dathomiri. The Dathomiri worshipped the winged Goddess and the Fang God in other cultures known as the Sister and the Brother. However, Tegan knew the deeper truth life had come from the chaotic wells of entropy the very begin on this universe's existence. Evolution some might call it to simplify the concept and water it down.

One might ask how she knew this to be true, Tegan had been alive a long time and had studied so many aspects of things. Time was one those things she had studied intently along with Godhood considering she considered herself the God of Destruction and even its opposite creation though she embraced the destructive side at the moment. Tegan could tell the entity Onrai the truth and even how she knew it was true but very few ever could see past their own beliefs. Tegan could count on one hand the people who listened to her words and didn't just disregard them as words of a raving lunatic. Yet as she continued investigating this laboratory the Entity asked her a question.

"Tell me, Tegan. What do you know of the Celestials?"

A smirk grew across face and a memory crossed her mind. Yet at first didn't speak she stopped in front of a strange device and looked at for a moment. Her mind quickly figuring out how it worked as she pressed her hand up against the odd shape of four dimensions. It began to spin and morph it's shape inside and out rippling on it's self and rippling outside of it's self. For a brief moment the device formed a rigged shape like one might see in real space and as it did Tegan removed her hand and then it seemed to shatter then reform into a non-conforming liquid yet solid state.

"If I told you that my great grandfather started a war against Celestials would you believe me? You would tell me stop telling you fairy tales. If I told you that my grandfather served them to end my great grandfathers rebellion, would you believe me? No, you would tell me to cut out the lying. What If I told I have been a teacher to a few Celestials would you believe me? No, you would tell me I am delusional." Though all of those things Tegan were true she could have added how she had even tinkered with celestial technology and knew how a lot of it worked. She could tell them all the truths she had and all they would ever think is she was mad.

"You wouldn't believe a single thing I could I tell you about them. So why don't tell me what you know them? Maybe I will believe you." Tegan's tone was still very mild and soft spoken, with slight resignation in her tone known that no matter what she said it wouldn't be believed or dismissed. To many assumptions had been made and belief affirmed, to so many Tegan was a mad which was correct but it was surprising how madness inducing the truth truly was.

“For your great grandfather to have started a war against the Celestials, that would make you no less than a descendent of Nakhash himself.” Onrai said plainly. She was at least willing to consider the possibility of what Tegan professed herself to be - there had already been at least one other individual in the galaxy who had proven to be more than what met the eye. She continued to listen to Tegan’s own statements as she pondered momentarily over what precisely was the way the mad Mawite meshed into the history of the galaxy.

“The Celestials were created by and are the servants of the Maker. Nakhash turned against the Maker and others joined his rebellion. They were defeated and locked away within a pocket dimension. Then came the corruption of the Architects, birthed from the one known as Wutzek and foremost among them who birthed the Old Ones. Races and civilizations were created and destroyed. Weapons unimaginable used on a great scale. The Ones incarnated on their paradise planet. Now the Celestials have locked themselves away. The Architects were either redeemed to join their side or are dead. And of the Old Ones, one remains, who I have inflicted terror upon myself.”

She paused for a moment. “I have witnessed it myself. Ooradryl and his brood are dead at my hand. The last of Gorog’s power was given to Ingrid. The heart of Typhojem’s shattered body was ensconced in the flesh of Darth Mori herself. And Mnggal Mnggal’s own homeworld is now barren and lifeless.” She paused for a bit, considering the circumstances.

“How are you connected to this greater web?” She asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom