Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship RRDC - Exuvial V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affiliation: Red Ravens
Manufacturer: Salvatrucha Economic Development Corporation
Model: RRDC - Exuvial V1
Modularity: With dev thread
Production: Mass
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel
Classification: Dedicated Carrier

Length: 1600
Width: 550
Height: 300
Armament: 7
Hangar Squadrons: 5
Individual ship hangar load out to be established at the start of any RP

Special Features:
  • Decent backup hyperdrive

Maneuverability: 12
Speed Rating: 14
Hyperdrive Class: 1.2/4

Strengths:
  • Fast Hyperdrive
  • Updated Backup Hyperdrive
  • Relatively fast for a Dedicated Carrier
  • Heavy shielding
Weaknesses:
  • Weak Weapons
  • Not Very Agile
Description: The Exuvial is another example of the Ravens looking for a ship to fulfill a role and making a ship exceptionally suited to said role without being an all-rounder. It's big, fast, will boom through hyperspace and carries a fairly heavy squadron load.

What it does not do it engage in battle itself. Since it's loss may also mean the loss of all it's starfighters it is fairly heavily shielded and armoured, but it would take a fairly incompetent Captain to ever lose as ship over Corvette size to an Exuvial, and even then the Exuvial has trouble targeting the smaller, faster ships. It depends almost entirely on it's squadrons for any offensive action. Particularly given that for all it's speed, it does not maneuver well and most small ships and some larger ones could literally just fly circles around it staying out of it's arc of fire.

The only real distinguishing feature is that given that very little space or energy has been allotted to weapons, while most of this went to increased hangar space some went to installing a backup hyperdrive that isn't terrible. This was justified in that if this ship and it's squadrons come under heavy fire and need to retreat, should anything happen to their primary hyperdrive they would be basically dead in the water.

Development Thread: Here
Intent: It's a carrier. It can carry the Red Ravens Starfighters and smaller ships around.
Who Can Use This: Red Ravens, approved Major Faction buyers (as per rules)
Primary Source: Based largely off of this

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I will edit if if you want to just confirm for me that Speed is not like Armament, because I was operating under the assumption that it was, and the template was consistent in that it scaled based on ship type.

It's current rating is based on being compared to other carriers, in that it is slightly quicker than most, but if we're doing an overarching all ship type speed rating as the link you provided suggested, then I will edit.

I actually meant like..

There's a line in the Template in Armaments that says "Armament Ratings are scaled in relation to the type of ship, meaning a Starfighter will not equate to a Destroyer."
And I just assumed that was accurate for all the rest of the ratings as well. Which would put 10 as the average for the ship type.

But based on what you've said that's incorrect, so I shall edit.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Please see this Significantly bigger, more heavily armed, and with a rating of 7

Will edit in additional examples.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Also this which has a longer dev thread though the majority of it has nothing to do with the ship, again, bigger, more heavily armed, >10 rating.

doop

So then this one which is rated at 5/10 which would convert to a 10 on the current scale..

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I still think without the weapons and with a significant amount of the ship being hangar space instead of packed full of weapons and all the wiring etc needed to run and support them it's reasonable.

Also research is the worst

13?

That ship is 600 meters smaller and isn't comparable in size, armament, or hangar capacity. Two classifications under the old guide.

Draco Vereen said:
[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]
This is a Star Destroyer, and while this (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/52869-the-imperious/) had 20 extra posts of dev to get to speed 12... speed 14 is the best you can go without comparable dev.
[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] I have presented several options for you to choose from.

Please select from those provided or this submission will not be approved.

Two options actually ;p

Whatevs, I've dropped the speed further as requested. It's now significantly slower than a larger ship with more squadrons and more guns, but that's fine.

Just wait for V2 ;)

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom