Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Royal Flush

sean-kernerman-kernerman-sean-sci-fi1080updatepng.jpg

"Frack, frack, frack," Shoan couldn't tell which was worse, the stench of the dumpster or the fact that he messed up yet again. Just when Shoan finished making repairs to his bar, he just had to go and play a game of Sabacc. Well, 10 games of Sabacc he was on a lucky streak but around the 6th or 7th game everything went downhill. Now Shoan ended up in debt once again to crime lords: big time people like Lok the Looker and Veldin the Vice Lord. Man, if some small-time gangster like Rory could squeeze the life out of he and his girlfriend: Brinna Dara Brinna Dara than the crime lords will make short work out of them.

Taking a deep breath, Shoan took out his Holoprojector his bony hands shaking. "Brinna," Shoan turned on the Holoprojector whispering to her. She would always bail them out of situations like this. Though he couldn't help but feel disgusted that she had to be groped and harassed by Rory just to protect him. "If you can hear me, meet me at the back of the bar. I've messed up big time and I got so crime lords after me."

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Tags: Shoan Dystra Shoan Dystra

Brinna had hardly arrived on Nar Shaddaa for what was supposed to be a nice romantic meeting with Shoan. The dockmaster was still going through their procedures, Sorr had moved on to whatever business he had on the moon. Brinna watched him leave the spacedock thinking that she needed to acquire her own ship. She didn’t want to abandon Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu or the rest of the crew. But the Tiaza’s Purr was aligning itself with the Rimward Trade League, and Brinna still had a part of her heart on Lianna and wanted to be able to visit Shoan more often than when Sorr had business on Nar Shaddaa or she could find another ride.

Shoan had told her that the bar had been rebuilt from the incident with Rory’s IG friend. Brinna was anxious to see it. It was true that a Hutt still owned the bar, but it was Shoan that kept it going and his credits that had to make it whole again. Brinna was proud of him for getting it back to this point. “All done Miss,” the dockmaster announced. “See you and the Captain in a few days.”

Brinna nodded and started off towards New Vertica. She was only a few steps out of the spaceport when her comm chirped. Brinna gave a sigh as she clicked it open. Shoan wouldn’t have commed for good news. He’d have surprised her. “I’ll be there,” Brinna said with a sigh. “Be careful. I can’t believe you did this again. But I’m on my way. I love you.” The comm was quickly back at Brinna’s side and she hurried her pace to Shoan’s bar.

Shoan really should count himself lucky that Brinna would always be there to bail him out. All the debts he got himself in over his young life, Shoan would've been dead if weren't for Brinna. "I really should buy her something nice one day," Shoan whispered leaning against the wall of the dumpster. "If I don't use the credits to gamble it on Sabacc."

For the past year, he and Brinna were "servants" to Rory all because Shoan drowned himself in debt to him. Brinna spent all of her time being groped and harassed by that pig and all Shoan could was to watch it happen. It was even more infuriating when Shoan found out that Rory cheated in their game but Shoan couldn't do anything about it because Rory would kill him.

Slowly opening the lid, Shoan's heart beat rapidly his dark eyes darting around looking for Brinna. "Come on Brinna," he whispered. "Where are you?"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Brinna went through the front entrance to Dystra’s Place. Shoan was not behind the bar, which meant things had gone South. Which meant that he probably bet away more than he could afford. Which meant that he would be…

Brinna stormed through the bar not making eye contact with anyone. Not greeting the droid bartender, who wouldn’t take offense. She marched along through the rear door of the bar and into the alleyway where the trash was kept. Sure enough there stood Shoan. He was lucky he was the sweetest guy in the galaxy, because his gambling and fighting talents wouldn’t win any contests. But Brinna loved him. And so…

“Who do you owe this time Shoan?” she asked with a mix of concern for him and disappointment that he continued to go down this path. Part of her thought that all the problems would go away if she could just keep him away from the card tables. Like he didn’t have enough going on with the bar just being fixed back up. She walked up besides Shoan and placed an arm around his shoulders and kissed his cheek. “Ew! Can’t you find a better place to sulk? It smells out here!”

Gambling has been in Shoan's blood for generations, his Dad went broke due to his gambling addictions and his mother turned to being a dancer for some slimeball Hutt. One of his "fondest" memories was when he witnessed his Dad shooting his close friend because he owed him some credits. Shoan remembered climbing out of bed to grab some Jawa Juice when he saw his Dad ranting at him for not giving him the money he was owed.

"The fuck you mean you don't got my money?!" Shoan's Dad yelled. "I gave you a week to get me my money!"

"I'll pay your ass when I feel like it!"
The friend replied. "How about that?!"

Five blaster bolts to the chest was Shoan's Dad's response. Shoan remembered his mother screaming in terror when his Dad riddled his own friend with blaster shots. All Shoan remembered was how he threw up on the floor witnessing what he saw. Turned out Shoan was closer to his old man than he thought. At least, he didn't inherit his temper.

"A Dug named Slagath," Shoan moaned kissing Brinna on the chin. "I messed up! This guy is a major spice dealer on Malastare! Like he controls 40 percent of the spice trade!"

The young man quickly climbed out of the dumpster landing face first his cheek rubbing against the ground. "Chit!" He said quickly getting up. "He's coming for his money!" Shoan said in a panic. "Money I do not have! Oh man what I'm going to do?!"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Brinna sighed. Gambling again. What was she going to do with Shoan? She couldn't leave him. She loved him too much. He had seen her through some tough growing pains. But he needed to learn to live within his means, and mostly that meant he needed to stay away from the card table.

"Never heard of Slagath," Brinna admitted. But she didn't keep up with many spice lords and especially not one that controlled Mallastare. "But you should know better than to be in a game with a guy like that. What were you thinking? Your luck is horrible. The last good thing luck brought you was me."

She sighed again. "Get up and out of there. You need to get cleaned up. I have some credits stashed away to buy a small ship so I don't have to hitch a ride to come see you," she reached out a hand to help Shoan from the dumpster. "Let's hope it is enough to buy you a little time."

“That’s exactly right!” Shoan said kissing Brinna on the cheek. "You're the best thing that ever happened in my life. I would've been dead 20 times over if you didn't come to my rescue!"

Brinna sacrificed so much for Shoan, he never felt that he gave much to her in return. "That sounds well and dandy," Shoan said. "But his men are on their like..... oh chit!"

A small dropship began to descend next to the bar, Shoan wiry body began to shake uncontrollably seeing 5 men all of them weequay and each of them armed with blaster rifles about to enter the front door. "Oh fuck!" Shoan immediately ran behind Brinna clutching her shoulders tightly. "I would definitely like it if you would get me out of here like now! Right now!"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Tags:

Brinna smiled as Shoan kissed her cheek. “You owe me big time,” she said with a wink. “Too bad you keep spending all your credits on gambling. Looks like I’ll have to bail you out for my make up gift too.” Then she gave an awe when Shoan said she was the best thing for him. “Truth is I would have been lost without you. I was a mess when Dad’s trail went dry. If I hadn’t met you, I don’t know what I would have done with myself.”

Brinna shook her head. “You’re going to let some spicehead’s goons keep you from taking shower? I’m not walking around the moon with you smelling like a dumpster. We’ll stop by my worksh…”

Shoan cursed twice as the dropship landed near the bar. “I hope you’ve got someone to watch your bar for a bit. Cause we’re getting you somewhere safe.” Brinna cracked her knuckles and smiled. “Only five Weequay. Nothing I can’t handle. Find somewhere other than the dumpster to hide please. I’ll finish this up in no time.”

Add Brinna to Shoans long list of people he owes. Though with Brinna, he was more than happy to pay off his debt to her. The most that can happen with Brinna was a stern talk on how he needed to stave off his gambling addiction. “Oh yeah!” Shoan said in a quickened whispered his gaze focusing on the five Wequay closing in on their location their rifles raised up. “I owe you! There’s like a good hotel at this beach planet! It’s expensive as fuck but I know a guy who’ll give us three nights in the hotel!”

Shoan knew that Brinnas Dad was important to her. He wished he had a Dad like Brinnas. Someone kind and caring, her elite hand to hand combat came from Brinnas Dad and she was devastated when he disappeared. As the five men came closer, Shoan gulped. “Listen,” Shoan said. “Im not going to abandon you Brinna I-“

“Hey you!” One of the wequay shouted causing Shoan to squeal. “Ah fuck!” He squeaked running behind the dumpster. “Okay take care of them! Just please be careful and come back for me!”

The five wequay approached Brinna rifles raised at her face. “Get out of the girl!” One of them growled. “This is official business!”

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Shoan might have spent all his spare credits at a card table, but his success with Dystra’s Place was in the people that he met. And luckily for him Brinna wasn’t a high and mighty rule follower who would look down her nose at freebies that come in less than ethical ways. “Hotel on the beach sounds like a good start at working off your debt. Though if you get to look at me in a swimsuit isn’t that a win for you as well?” Brinna gave him a wink

“Of course I’ll be back. You don’t think I can take a couple dumb thugs?” she commented as she took a few steps towards the Weequay.

“He’s mine,” she addressed the group of thugs with a smile. It was probably a comical scene for anyone who didn’t know what Brinna was capable of due to her Teräs Käsi training. Five huge alien thugs against one little young woman and she was the one being aggressive and making challenges. “If you know what’s best for you, you’ll take your business elsewhere. If this is about his gambling debt, I’m willing to talk things over calmly. But you think you’re taking him out of here. I’ll get very upset.”

Shaon will never understand why Brinna preferred to use her fists in a Galaxy filled with blaster rifles. He was always surprised that she would often escape unscathed. Even though Brinna was crazy for a woman with no Force abilities, she moved as fast as a Jedi and hit hard like a Waampa. It was clearly a sight to behold but Shoan cannot help but worry for her. Every time he would provide Brinna a blaster pistol on missions, she would conveniently "lose" it. Brinna was stubborn as a Bantha sometimes.

"I would really love you in a bikini," Shoan muttered his mouth-watering imagining Brinna's large cleavage barely covered by her bikini top. Many men find Brinna attractive but somehow she chose to stay with him. A guy with nothing, Shoan really needed to appreciate her. He'll find a way to make it up to Brinna and perhaps treating her to that vacation will be nice.

"Don't make us laugh girl!" The Weequay retorted though 2 of them were already giggling at her. "Get out of the way or we will fire on you!"

"They're in trouble now....." Shaon whispered a smirk slowly forming on his face.

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Brinna loved the “you’re crazy” look that Shoan gave her when she answered a challenge her way. She wasn’t quite sure if it was the wide eyed nature of the look or just that the mix of amazement and worry made him look oh so cute, but she just adored it. He always expressed how dangerous Brinna would truly become if she just learned to use a blaster, but that just wasn’t her thing. Get up close and personal and cause your opponent some pain. She’d let her crew handle the rest.

Brinna gave a laugh at the way Shoan reacted to her merely bringing up a swimsuit. “Well then perhaps less time at the card tables will result in less time of me fighting these battles when you acquire a debt and more time on vacation.”

Brinna took a couple more steps towards the thugs. Two were laughing at her. That really pissed her off. “Something about me stopping you from taking him?” Brinna shook her hands and sprung forward. A shoulder to the chest of one thug followed by a roundhouse kick to the second laugher had both on the ground moaning. “Still thinking about laughing?” Brinna asked the leader following the statement up with a second kick to one of the downed Weequay. She raised a hand and smiled as she motioned for the other three to make their move.

Shoan gripped his hands against the rusted dumpster his eyes focused on the three thugs who had been manhandled by Brinna. He was always amazed on how impossibly fast Brinna was. Always transitioning from target to target with absolute precision, Jedi-esque even though Brinna denies that she's Force sensitive. "Now they fucked up," Shoan whispered a grin slowly forming on his face though part of him was worried about the repercussions from Slagath. If doesn't know that Shoan has protection, he will now.

"By the Force!" The Weequay jumped back witnessing this young girl flat out destroy his men. "You..... you bastard those were some of my best men!"

"Get better men then!" Shaon yelled his stomach churning a bit. He knew he shouldn't have said that but the young man felt a rush of adrenaline.

"Kill her!" The Weequay yelled raising his blaster rifle and beginning to fire upon on her.

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Brinna smirked as the leader of the Weequay started with whining. She gave a laugh when Shoan yelled his own commentary from his hiding spot. Brinna merely shifted her head from side to side, getting a small crack from her neck and prepared to press her next attack on the thugs.

Rifles! Of course, little girl knocks the chit out of your lackeys with her bare hands so the big bad Weequay warriors bust out the rifles and start blasting. Of course this was not the first time that Brinna had been shot at. Not the first time she’d been three against one and not the first time that some gambling debt had gotten her into more trouble than she really wanted to deal with.

Brinna was back in motion at the sound of the first bolt sent from the Weequay rifles. She dodged the first volley of shots with very little difficulty and rolled her way inside the effective range of their weapons. She lunged out at the leader, but he swung his rifle around and shot an bolt the interrupted her attack, but had no chance of hitting her.

Putting a hand into the ground Brinna steadied herself and went after the lower hanging fruit. Hoping that getting the best fighter one-on-one would give her an advantage. Twirling leaps, flying elbows and twisting kicks sent the other two Weequay to the ground crumpled up in pain. As Brinna turned the last Weequay was on her. Grabbing her in his powerful arms. But Brinna was faster and smarter. A quick backward raise of her foot had the Weequay bending over in pain. A roundhouse punch sent him to the floor. “Tell your boss we can work out an arrangement for repayment or he can lose more lackeys,” Brinna shouted at the fallen thugs.

Confident she turned and walked sideways back towards the alley. “They’re taken care of babe,” she called out to Shoan. “Time to get you to my workshop to hide out, come up with a plan and most importantly get rid of that stink.”

Shoan quickly got out of the trash can and stumbled over to Brinna careful sidestepping the unconscious bodies. He always amazed how Brinna was able to easily take blaster wielding opponents down with nothing more than just her fists. Brinna is scary but man was Shoan happy that she was on his side. "Brinna....." Shoan wrapped his arms around her seeing the man stumble and run off. "Chit that was amazing!"

Shoan released his grip from her and shook his head. "Man I need to stop getting into games that I can't win," he moaned. "But I'm right behind you Brinna! Let's get to your place!"

All he wanted to do right was to take a shower and get off the planet to lay low for a bit and of course, spend time with his girlfriend whom he hadn't seen in a while.

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

“Of course it was amazing,” humility was not Brinna’s strong suit. “Nothing has changed. You knew I could do that. And you knew as soon as they showed up what was going to happen. You’re too sweet to let me handle them alone if you didn’t know that they were going to be kissing the bottom of my shoes when it was all done with.” She returned the hug of course. Even with the ever increasing stench of garbage she couldn’t dismiss Shoan’s affections.

“You really think it’s time to put away these delusions of being able to win the big game against an opponent over your head?” Brinna responded. It was dripping with sarcasm, but she lightened her tone to make it seem a bit commiserative. When he stated he would follow, Brinna started off towards her workshop. It was a walk that she had made many times. She was well aware of the spots that threats could come to pass. But it was a bit too soon after the encounter with the Weequay to think someone else would make an attempt on Shoan or her. If there was a bounty on Shoan for his debt…well the amount of debt required to place a bounty on someone, Brinna might be so mad that she would be able to collect on the bounty…assuming that it could be collected for Shoan’s body.

Of course that wouldn’t happen. No matter how big a hole Shoan dug, they seemed to work their way out together. When they approached Brinna’s workshop she clicked her comlink. “M.O.M. deactivate security of home base. Validation code SHOAN.”

“Security protocols have been disabled Miss Brinna. Welcome home,” the friendly AI’s voice responded just as the couple arrived at the front door to the workshop. Brinna opened the door and stood in the doorway waiting for Shoan to enter and then she pressed a button to re-engage security.

“You know where the shower is,” Brinna said to Shoan with a grin on her face. “Maybe if you're lucky once the smell of garbage stops assaulting my nose I’ll come and join you. Even though I’m really mad at you. You’re adorable and I’ve missed you so much. Lost time to make up for.”

Shoan shuddered when he entered Brinna's workshop, he was still a bit shaken up over those thugs who were trying to extort him out of the credits he owed. "It's good to see M.O.M still around," Shoan replied smiling at the A.I that Brinna bought home. When she was working for Rory, Brinna somehow stole M.O.M from the Eternal Empire. They recently collapsed lately and when Rory found out that Brinna didn't sell M.O.M like he wanted..... well it meant that she had to spend a longer time working for that slimeball.

The young man quickly ran towards the shower and began to wash himself. "You know!" Shoan shouted from the bathroom. "I was really close to winning Brinna! You know I have a few tickets for the lottery back at my place! Coruscant Lotto pot is one BILLION credits!"

He got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around him. "Do you realize what we can do with a billion credits?!" He said. "You can quit being a Smuggler and we can buy a house a Spira spending the rest of our days kicking back!"

It was a good deal, though Shoan knew that Brinna was the adventurous type. But Shoan hoped that she would settle down one day and the two could have some proper dates. "Come on Brinna!" Shoan said changing into his clothing and walking out of the bathroom. "This time I feel the luck radiating inside of me! I can do it!"

Brinna Dara Brinna Dara

Brinna was glad that Shoan was happy to hear M.O.M.’s voice. Sorr still gave her so much grief about having an A.I. attached to vital systems. Brinna had to show him the precautions that she took for him to allow M.O.M. to stay implanted in Tiaza’s Purr’s computer. The A.I. made so many things so much easier, Brinna was glad there would be no such fight here at home. “It is good to see you as well Master Shoan,” M.O.M. returned the greeting.

Brinna kept her distance as she heard the shower start. She wasn’t lying when she said that Shoan stank. But she knew that he would clean up nice, and that she had left his manly smelling body wash there for him. As Shoan called out how close he was to winning, Brinna started moving towards the bathroom. She couldn’t help but roll her eyes at the statement. “Always almost baby. Why don’t you ever realize what all these almost moments actually end up with is nothing,” she called out as she sauntered closer removing her shirt and tossing it onto her bed. She shook her head when he mentioned the Coruscant Lotto and how a winning ticket was worth a billion. She removed her skirt and kicked it away only to hear the shower stop running.

“A billion would be sweet. Maybe enough to pay off all your debts and buy the bar outright,”Brinna teased through the door. “And I would love to buy a place on Spira and settle down most of the time. But I’d still need to have adventures, so don’t think I’m ever going to just be your baby mama waiting on you and your kids hand and foot while we live out our lives in paradise.”

She was about to open the door and join Shoan when the door opened with a fully dressed Shoan stepping out. Brinna sighed in disappointment. “Your best chance at luck is standing right here,” Brinna said, posing for Shoan in her bra, panties and stockings. “You smell much better,” she added with a smile, walking up next to him and putting her arms around his neck. “You sure you want to be rushing off? Those goons might be waiting for you. And I’m sure that we can find out if we won after catching up.”Shoan smiled and wrapped Brinna up in his arms and gave her a passionate kiss.

After spending the night catching up, Brinna was first out of bed. She had slowly gotten dressed and was putting on her boots as Shoan did that same. “So babe…what’s the deal with this Dug. We need to make a meeting. But I’m not doing it here and we aren’t going to Malastare. Need to find some neutral turf. I was thinking Ylesia, unless you’ve got another idea. Lianna isn’t an option anymore with the Empire of the Lost setting up shop. The rest of the team was barely able to get out before a serious crackdown started.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom