Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blinding lights and shadows that spoke tall tales bumbled about in Cedric's mind. His thoughts lingered upon the voice, and more importantly its owner. He knew it well by now, though he still had trouble bringing the image of the being's face to the forefront of his mind. With his arms folded over his small chest and his brow furrowed with frustration, the boy almost looked like he was pouting. He had paid little heed to Veiere, not out of any disrespect or dislike for the man, but because of his focus on that voice.

When the master spoke, Cedric bolted up. He blinked at Veiere, the miasma of intense thoughts fading from his youthful eyes. Cedric was there now, both physically and mentally. His lips pursed Veiere mentioned the Lady Kay, but he did not protest. If the Archlord wished for Cedric to know his reasons as to preferring the moniker of queen, then he would do so.

"Not nervous," Cedric muttered, "Just curious. I've only been offworld a few times, and I was little then. I don't remember it well, but it was always with my mom." Cedric's nose wrinkled as he spoke of his mother, his thoughts traveling to the times past when they had seen the stars together.

The ship exited hyperspace. Cedric jerked forward, falling flat on his face and rolling across the floor. The boy winced, a string of 'darn its' and 'shoots' being mumbled under his breath as the vessel reverted to realspace.

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Bradshaw Ku"], [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
[member="Lady Kay"] appeared particularly unamused with the idea that the shattered teacup was someone’s head. Of course, he’d only been joking, attempting to make light of his obvious failure. But she took it so much more seriously than that. Maybe she was mad that just about every time he came into her office he ended up breaking something, or wanted to break something. That must be it, he concluded.

When she got up and announced the impending arrival of her Jedi ‘friend’, and his younger ‘brother’, he was only half listening. Most of his attention was trained on the glistening teacup shards on the floor. He wondered why he could only seem to break things. Nearly everything he touched through the force ended up exploding, or breaking one way or another.

Reaching out through the force he touched one shard, then a second.

"Gives them time to clean up your mess"

It was always a mess with him. Kay straightened her dress and walked out of the office. Bradshaw got up and started to follow her, but his attention was still elsewhere as he caressed the pieces on the floor through the force, finding each one, before moving on to the next. Satisfied he’d found them all, with his back turned, he manipulated them. They rose gently off the floor and were carefully stacked, one on top of the other until he’d assembled something resembling a skinny pyramid expertly balanced on the table, with the largest pieces on the bottom and the smallest at the top. With nobody to show off to, his focus went unbroken.

As he walked through the office door, he couldn’t help but look over his shoulder. He’d really done it! It hadn’t just been his imagination. He smiled proudly. Turning away, he followed Kay down the hall.

His creation collapsed under the weight of his arrogance.

He stood next to Kay near the palace landing pad, hands tucked into his jacket pockets. With the guard’s present, he wasn’t her son, or apprentice, just her personal pilot. Following Kay's gaze upward, he wondered what they’d be like.

“I hope his pilot's as good as yours,” he boasted, smiling at the sky.

| [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] |

Veiere offered something of a reluctant smile to [member="Cedric Grayson"], the subject of his mother wasn't an entirely positive one and Veiere knew that she were no longer around to be able to take care of the boy, Cyril's holocron had told him this much. "It's unfortunate that I never had the please of meeting your mother, I would have liked to have had the opportunity...", meeting the woman that might have kept Darth Mephirium tied down would've been an interesting experience indeed. He had only ever spoken about one great love in his life, though to Veiere's knowledge the story differed. He had not realized Cyril had fathered a child until he had come into contact with the device. He was considering telling the boy about the device when the ship suddenly rocked as it hit turbulence in their leave of the hyper-lane, throwing young Cedric from his seat and to his front of which Veiere winced physically.

"Are you alright?" Veiere had found his way to his feet and now looked down at the lad, holding out a hand in offer of help. Still but a child, he had gathered that most people back home on Ession had forgotten this and treated him more like a symbol than a living breathing adolescent, he gave a quiet chuckle before explaining "Cillian's not normally this clumsy with the controls, I think he's eager to be back home...". Commenor had been their home for quite some time, it still remained to be so with Veiere's private estate within the mountains courtesy of Kay Larr herself.

Before long the vagabond came soaring down through the atmosphere towards the mass of Chasin City, the capital of the green world of trade. Leading Cedric back to the cockpit, Veiere turned to glance to Cillian, giving him something of a questioning glance that needed no words between the two, the young pilot apologized quietly before Veiere turned to set his sights on the swiftly approaching city. "There's Chasin City..." He pointed it out to Cedric, of which the co-pilots seat remained empty for, they would be down there within a few minutes regardless. "I helped the Madame President enter into her position here a long time ago, we later established embassies here for many different governments. Sort of like Ession and the worlds branching off that you'll one day lead yourself...".

As the vessel landed more gracefully than it had left the FTL jump, the landing ramp lowered with a great mechanical hiss of the hydraulics. Dressed within his old jedi garments, the robes of which best fit his personality around Kay, he neglected the possible need of his armor for the sake of comfort and a warm impression to the local guard, they of whom still distrusted him since Kay's reemergence and the insurgent group that had come in attempt to 'rescue her'. Veiere having been among them though albeit with a far more civil and dare he say it successful approach. With Cedric at his side, it didn't take long to find [member="Lady Kay"] there awaiting them along with a curiously new presence, possibly a new member of her staff though he appeared young and rough around the edges; Veiere had known Kay to pick up all types along the way.

"It's good to see you again Kay..." Veiere smiled fondly of her, he kept the greeting simple for the sake of the public light, soon glancing to the younger male, [member="Bradshaw Ku"] and extending a hand in greeting, "And you might be...?".

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay smirked as [member="Bradshaw Ku"] made his remark. "Cillian's a good pilot. One of these days I'll have to see what you can do. We'll make a day of it." They did need to spend some quality time together, rather than just her getting after him for his life choices and behaviour. But all in good time. Keeping to a schedule wasn't always easy.

The Vagabond came into view. She just stood still as the wind caused by it's discent, rippled the fabric of her dress and played with her hair. The day was always better when [member="Veiere Arenais"] was in her company. She now understood her late husband's attraction to her. No matter how dark things got, she was a beacon of light and hope for him. Now Veiere was that for her; a light in the darkness that had swallowed her.

She straightened up as the loading ramp lowered, smiling warmly as Veiere walked down it and approached them. "Always good to see you, Veiere. And dressed comfortably, I see." Yes, she noted his attire, far different than what he worse since taking up the role of a leader. But of course it didn't bother her that he kept to his Jedi robes. They suited him.

And now he inquired about Brad. Oh how to approach that topic? Before he could answer, she took a step forward and answered; "Veiere, this is Bradshaw, one of my long-lost adopted children." She was sure that Veiere would remember her telling him. Kay wasn't worried about the guards. Darlyn picked them out, not Praz.

Her head tilted to the side a bit as she spotted [member="Cedric Grayson"] . He reminded her of Brad at his age. She offered him a warm smile. "Hello there, young man. Welcome to Commenor. I hope that you enjoy your stay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom