Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Routine Checkup

Darth Malevolum

D

It might sound ridiculous, but Malevolum didn't trust her medical staff aboard her vessel. She never allowed them to conduct her medical check ups, mostly because she didn't want others to know that her condition didn't warrant her combat suit; not to mention the fact she didn't trust them to not abuse her hypersensitivity once the suit was removed. The last time she had made the mistake of trusting her ships doctor, the idiot quickly learned that the Darth was deathly ticklish when removed from her suit; it was for exactly that reason that the Ines was short one doctor now. If such word got out aboard her ship, she would lose the respect and discipline of her troops, and it would take additional work to restore order among the rank and file. Which was precisely why she partook in using volunteer services to maintain her health, trusting that those who were willing to work for this cause wouldn't abuse their position for some ploy to amuse themselves.

It was for that reason that the Darth had sat in the waiting room until her name was called, and now she sat in the doctors office, awaiting her medical attendant to come and begin the process for her. Malevolum wasn't looking forward to this one bit, she had never enjoyed this sort of thing. She had left her saber back on board her ship, knowing well enough that she would not need it here. Sitting upon the check up table, clad in her metallic armor, Malevolum took note of the mundane features of the room, in the vain hope that it would speed this process along. She merely waited now, hoping that this would be over soon and she could be back among her crew.

Ticca Ticca

Last edited by a moderator:

Ticca

It's harder to heal than it is to kill.
Ticca glanced briefly around the room she had been stationed in aboard the medical station in Yaga Minor's orbit. She had taken her own personal inspirations when furnishing what little she could of the standard, metallic quarters that appeared to be carbon copies of each other. Ticca privately wondered if there were molds used in the construction of the medical station. Regardless, the harsh lights had been dimmed slightly at her request and a small hint of incense burned in the corner. A fusion of cinnamon and cardamon, it gave the room a pleasing, refreshing smoky sweet smell that was perhaps more palatable to her patients than the sting of formaldehyde, bacta, and sanitation equipment. Ticca had chosen to remove her Squire's Robes as well as her traditional mask, replacing both of them with simple, white robes and a humble strip of white cloth draped over her face. They were nearby, should she require them, but Ticca felt as if they posed an added layer of distance between herself and her patients that was not conducive to their healing.

And so the day went, as the aura forms of patients entered her room broken and left whole, Ticca was kept preoccupied. Of course, Ticca was respectful of all patients' privacy and so tried to stifle her natural inclination to observe everything she could despite being able to see the other patients and doctors' aura forms through the walls, which only appeared as translucent to her. However, this natural curiosity couldn't be kept at bay when a powerful presence announced itself to her.As Ticca's attention snapped up to focus on what was occurring in the waiting room, she found that curiosity had barbed hooks. She saw an individual whose aura form revealed that they were both hypersensitive and enveloped in some kind of suit. Likely to protect themselves. Ticca surmised, though she could not say for sure yet.

Malevolum wished for it to be over and fortune smirked. A human with a clipboard would call for her, by name. "Uhm, I-I'm sorry is there an Alana Celestina? Your doctor is ready to see you now." After the preliminary checks that would be routine at any medical facility, the assistant would lead Malevolum to the room where Ticca waited. Ticca stood up from her kneeling position as the assistant opened the door and beckoned for Malevolum to enter. With the sound of a line well worn and rehearsed, Ticca began to speak. "Hello. My name is Ticca. I will be your doctor today. Come in. Tell me what's wrong."

Darth Malevolum

D
This place smelled sweet, like a bakery or something. It was unusual. Going through the routine procedures, Malevolum was less than ready to remove her suit at the nurses discretion, but she finally relented; and hated every moment of it. It felt like she was peeling off her own skin. Once her body was exposed to the air, she felt the frigid cold being assaulting her body. The metal tools that were used to collect her basic information felt like instruments of torture against her body, as there was a piercing harsh coldness to them that threatened to steal her breath from her. It took more willpower than she was willing to admit to not snap at the nurse; she was only doing her job after all, no need to injury the woman. Needless to say, when the 'torture' was done, she was quick to done the suit, and experience the numbness that accompanied it.

Taking a seat on the table, Malevolum look to Ticca, and took note that she was a Miraluka; which probably meant the woman could see right through her. Ignoring that issue, Malevolum got right to the problem. "My implants might be failing, and I'd like to have them inspected, possibly upgraded if that is possible." She wondered just how much Ticca could see of her. Yes, she had her second skin still on, and her comfort was returning back to normal. She kept her tone cold and distant, hoping that this process would be done quick and simple, and she could be out of here in the next few minutes; possibly scheduling for an upgrade at a later date.

Ticca Ticca

Ticca

It's harder to heal than it is to kill.
Unusual perhaps, but hopefully not unwelcome. Although, perhaps readily apparent as an attempt to put the patients at ease when discussing their afflictions. In terms of Malevolum's own affliction, the trained nurses quickly realized her reluctance to take off her suit and attempted to take as little time as possible during her routine procedure. Through perhaps some instinct of self-preservation, the nurse could detect the feelings of anger and repression in her direction and kept her touch as light as possible before clutching the datapad to her and hurrying out with a small apology for the discomfort caused.

Ticca listened calmly as Malevolum explained that her implants were failing and that she would like to have them looked at and upgraded. Ticca guessed that Malevolum knew she could tell she didn't need her suit but as she did not bring it up immediately Ticca would not press the issue. 'Although perhaps I should inquire about that later.' Ticca thought to herself as she instead turned her attention to the implants that Malevolum had mentioned and said "Ah yes. I see." Indeed she could see several translucent implants breaking up the physical shell housing the aura form before her, and it did appear that they needed some maintenance. "I can most certainly look at and perhaps upgrade them." Ticca said, and then bit her lip. She could tell of the other's discomfort at having to remove her suit. "Would you...allow taking off your suit again? I may be able to do something about the pain. It is okay if you say no, I will work around it if necessary." Ticca asked, stepping closer so that she could begin the process of examining the other's implants.

Darth Malevolum

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom