Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roots

[member="Trextan Voidstalker"]

There was an awareness of Trextan’s every move when he stood, enhanced when he decided to make his way over towards Choli and settle down beside her. An intimacy grew from the closing distance and the way that his voice fell with a low, but discernible clarity. Even in the shadows where they sat, the lack of illumination did nothing to deter the attention the Jedi gave the Rogue, doing his best to hold her attention and look at her face.

Hearing him reveal all that brought a fluttery and twisty sensation in her belly. A hit of nerves as much as the way hearing it made her feel both great and anxious. Like when he had asked if it was okay to kiss her and then did. This was a bit more than that. Well, sort of but not really?

No, it was more. At least, in what it meant to be together in that way. Nothing in his description was similar to what the crew of the Subversion adhered to. Nor did it hold the lifelong commitment of that a Bloodmate. To an extent, Choli would have felt a bit guilty if it had been. Would have felt wrong. Not in the act as much as she hadn’t properly gone through her coming of age rites. Despite her time outside of Tatooine, Choli still clung to the traditions she grew up with, even amidst the new galaxy she had been thrust into.

“I see.” Not likely the words Trextan was waiting on anxious baited breath for, but as he said, he admired her honesty. Right now, Choli was processing through all of it. Although if one was really interpreting Trextan’s conversation word for word, it hadn’t been a question, but a statement.

I guess what I am saying to you is that you and I are together. That means I won’t go off with another girl. We can spend more time together - as much as we can I guess - and if one of us isn't happy we don't just break it off, we talk about it. And if we want to make a bigger commitment we talk about that too.

Breaking that down took a few more seconds. Did I enjoy spending time with him? Yes. Does the idea that he won’t be with another girl in the same manner appeal to me? It does, if she was honest with herself. In so far about spending time together, well, that would be limited. He is a Jedi, assigned to the Jedi Order. There was still much about it that she didn’t comprehend. She also had her responsibilities with the Galactic Alliance.

Then there was the part about that if either of them were not happy with the situation, that they would talk about it. If she could talk to him frankly like so, then perhaps that wouldn’t be so bad.

Nevermind the kissing.

A light rush of blood rose to her cheeks, one that waned as she added in a serious tone, “But I am not a Jedi. My responsibilities are to the Alliance.” Saying this might have made it seem as if Choli was setting up to decline, however, as always with the young woman, there was more to it.

“I like spending time with you Trextan, but we likely won’t be able to do much of that because of it.” A careful pause.

“Are you sure that is okay?’ Sure, they had spent time messaging each other when they could and when Choli wasn't running silent. However, that meant that spending more time with each other might be an issue even if they wanted it.

He might as well have asked her to be his bloodmate for the anxiety he felt as she gave the proposition thought. How quickly he had swung through each emotion from a standing start. It had been a long time since he had moved between such strong feelings so quickly.

There is no passion, he reminded himself. Even whispered within his own mind they sounded particularly hollow words.

Pragmatic to the core, even this small proposition was thoroughly mulled over by Choli. It felt as if almost an hour had passed and as she started to speak his heart seemed to climb up his throat.

He gave a little nod at her first words, glad to hear her voice but urging her to continue. When she spoke of the alliance he felt his expression change, as if he was bracing himself to be physically struck.

It turned out not to be the worst news. She had just followed that train of thought right to the end and worked out where she felt she would be coming up short on her end of the deal.

“Then, it will be worth the wait,” he said as he smiled and reached for her hand. Every little sign of affection seemed new for Choli. It was for him too, but he hoped she found the squeeze of another hand as reassuring as he did. “I'm okay with that.” He had not meant his words to sound quite so sickeningly sweet, but he'd spoken quickly to answer her. He had already thought about it enough when they had been apart before. It was of course much easier to agree to now, when they were alone together and shut off from the world. It would not be so easy when they were far apart and there were more forward, and available, girls around him.

But for now his smile came easily at the accomplishment of their shared understanding. He couldn't even remember why he had started the discussion.

[SIZE=9pt]It was Trextan’s easy going and encouraging smile that drew a matching grin from Choli as well. Was it naive? Perhaps. Certainly, the pair were not really aware of what difficulties such an arrangement would come with this decision. Both were young and, as the war between the First Order, the Galactic Alliance, and all the rest of the governments vying for power and control in the galaxy, it would also bring with it a decreased ability to see each other let alone talk. This wasn’t even putting into consideration the increased risk to their lives as well. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]However, even the pragmatic Rogue could not ignore that even spending a bit of time with the Jedi had been one of the few, truly enjoyable experiences she had in a while. While there were still a few parts that confused her, Trextan’s encouraging squeeze of her hand was enough to turn the tide. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]He certainly enjoyed doing a lot of that. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]So it was with that ending thought that the corner of Choli’s mouth gave an upward perk. Had there been better light to illuminate the pair, Trextan would have been able to catch the mellowing green color changes of her eyes, their chromatic flecks indicating every bit as much of her nervous state as did her growing excitement. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Alright then.” She told him, a bit uncertain at how she was supposed to answer beyond that agreement. Am I supposed to do anything else? She was still fixated on the potential of some sort of ceremony despite there being none. The Rogue had never been in such a situation, so she was fumbling in blind in the only forthright manner she knew.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“So what now?”[/SIZE]

Returning his smile made everything feel a little lighter. Already worked up from their disagreement it made all the difference. The tightness he felt from the back of his throat down to his belly seemed to ease away to be replaced by a glowing warmth.

“Then we just...go on like we just said then,” he replied. Or had she meant about the storm? He pressed on before his courage failed him. This was about the most forthright he had been about them and he wanted to finish. That time in the hospital he had barely blurted out his request to see her again before leaving her a kiss and leaving.

“I know it's all different for you, but it's new to me too. I'm glad we talked. I know you go off the grid but when you're back on it's nice talking to you to.” They rarely had the quality of link for holographic conversations and sometimes not even voice.

“It's nice to hear your voice when you're away.” Messages were nice but there was something reassuring about talking to her. It must have been quite clear to her back when they saw each other again on Skor how worried he had been. It was always going to be like that for both of them. That was something to think about.

For now he just gave her hand another squeeze.

[SIZE=9pt]All of Trextan’s statements were genuine. Choli may not be a Lorrdian, but she could trust in that. There was no reason to lie or exaggerate the truth. Although, his honesty didn’t lessen the slight flutter of nerves that ran along her spine as her decision began to settle. His admission at least managed to draw her attention back to the Jedi, offering a ghost of a smile at that. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Guess it goes both ways,” Choli admitted, taking a deep breath, shoulders rising under her robes as she did so. There were still other questions that went slogging through her mind, but for now, Choli figured they could settle with what they had so far. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]R4, of course, recorded this much to his gleeful amusement. While he couldn’t poke fun at Choli right away, there was sure to come a time where perhaps he could get a few pot shots in. Even if it was a holorecording. That is if she didn't end up scrapping him in response. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Had the crew of the Subversion managed to catch them like this or been witness to the entire thing, there would have been a smattering of peanut gallery commentary wondering when the [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]real[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] interesting bits will finally come to play. Gossip was gossip, and the crew couldn’t be choosers while on a small ship. Especially when it came to one of their youngest pilots in the early days of dating what they would consider being a hoodoo observing monk. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]There were going to be trials and tribulations, but also fun experiences tossed in during the few opportunities granted to the young pair to actually be with one another. There was a whole galaxy full of problems that would be greater than Trextan and Choli, and their responsibilities will come into play. There would be instances where decisions would have to be made, and whether that was for the good of the many or the one, well, that would be seen. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]For now, the howl of the storm went raging outside their little-isolated section of the desert. What came after that, well, only the Force would know in its entirety. [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom