Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ronk Droid | R0-LF Next Generation GNK Autonomous Power System

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPIIYQx.png

yzMakqq.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a droid that is not at all based on a faction Discord meme invented last night.
  • Image Source: BlinkJisooXPS (photoshop manipulation by me)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: GNK Power Droid
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Extreme Ion Resistance. Because these droids are designed to ground and absorb large amounts of electromagnetic energy, they have exceptional resistance against ion energy. This enables them to serve as emergency back-up generators and perform their primary mission of power generation even in areas where the power grid may have failed.
WEAKNESSES
  • Vulnerable to Plasma-based Weaponry. Contact with plasma-based weaponry (blasters, lightsabers) will cause a feedback loop that will overload the power generator. In other words, they explode.
DESCRIPTION
The R0-LF Next Generation GNK, or "ronk droid," is an updated fifth-degree labor droid that was produced by the Corellia Digital corporation in the 860s ABY. Manufactured in the Corellian System, the droid was in use among the First Order by 864 ABY. To help with capitalizing on the marketing, the vocalization of the droid was adjusted to a lower tone, so that it seemed to honk "ronk" as opposed to the standard gonk vocalization of power droids. This was also seen as reinforcing the branding. As with the standard power droid, the R0-LF Next Generation GNK is primarily a mobile power generator, supplying stable power output for areas where connection to a power grid is not available. This can include flight deck operations, such as shifting a starfighter to GNK power in order to power down its on board systems for refueling, or as part of disaster relief where a municipal power grid does not exist or is under repair.

The R0-LF design incorporated two layers of shielding, relying on an ostine alloy heat shield supported by an agrinium Faraday cage. This combination allowed the R0-LF to operate in ion-heavy environments and even absorb directed ion strikes with continued operation. However, the R0-LF was not ray shielded and so demonstrated the common weakness of power droids, which was the ability to become mobile bombs if breached by a plasma bolt, such as a shot fired from a blaster.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Very nice and quite useful piece of technology. But unfortunately I can't approve it yet.
  • You know because this is not a combat droid (class 4), you don' have to write a resistances list? This is optional, so if you want, you can delete this section.
  • The problem is the Exteme resistance. "Resistance Ratings Extreme will require the submission to be Unique" This is droid only rule. So please edit this, and this is why I suggested to delete the entire resistances section, I think this is more than enough under the strengths.
That's all, please let me know if you edited this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom