Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll Call

I've just brought some of my other business minded characters and spies over to beef up the Techno-y side of the Union. Going to try to boost up some of the Obsidian Order and Spynet.

EDIT: As far as I know, the current story is being pushed by a core investigating corruption but the opportunity to bring your own story to a dom is still there as Sinistra and Raziel meeting up on Dressel has nothing to do with the investigation.

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
[member="Andais Plaga"]

I'm not talking about the dominion.

I'm talking about faction threads.

I can do business stuff as well as others as a merchant; it's what I've always done when I've participated as a member. That's easy.

What's not easy is even getting involved in current faction threads that only deal with a set select few for a set select purpose.

Not everyone is part of this investigation.

How does that leave the rest of the TU members to join?

Placeholder 01

P
[member="Alisha'ven"]

Thus far you're the only one whose expressed interest in any non-combative threads. Most everyone else has up and left entirely.

If there is a group of people who would like to actively RP something of that vein, we can set something up to cater to it. I understand where you're coming from - we just didn't initially take it into consideration.

Ok, here's what you do:
If you want to do a combat thread- set up a combat thread.
If you want to do a merchant thread- set up a merchant thread.
If you want to do something- do it. (Within reason - don't go cloudburner)

I know there's a lack of non combat threads, but if you want to fix that, you've got to take the initiative. I'd be happy to help you set up a thread if you so wish.

[member="Delam Mairev"] can do his own thing if he wants, and you can choose whether or not to participate. Obviously, he wants people to join, so he'll try and get as many people to participate. Thus, if you don't want to join in, you may feel left out, or annoyed. But, [member="Delam Mairev"] doesn't have to make a perfect thread for everyone - though he may try.
If you want a good thread for yourself, do it yourself, or find like-minded people to help you.

Hope that settles things. :)

[member="Alisha'ven"]

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
[member="Werah Unon"]

I already have several TU threads in this vein. I am already participating and pushing those types of threads. I am one of the few writers who have remained active with many characters and rping TU threads, dominions and still posting to the old TU threads.. I do this with Judah Dashiell as Danger Arceneau and with Draco and any of the other merchants or whoever were part of said technonobility.

That was not my point.

My point was that - the new push PVE plan that will determine the outcome of the TU as the over all arching story has no method of including others - that will affect not just the merchants but others as well who are not part of the niche group.

Delam Mairev said:
[member="Alisha'ven"]

Thus far you're the only one whose expressed interest in any non-combative threads. Most everyone else has up and left entirely.

If there is a group of people who would like to actively RP something of that vein, we can set something up to cater to it. I understand where you're coming from - we just didn't initially take it into consideration.

The point isn't non combative threads.

It is that the only main story PVE arch that is being pushed that will apparently determine the entire vein of where the TU is headed is only being lead by a fixed group that does not allow the inclusion of anyone else to participate in it that is -not- involved.

Like for example.

• How are the rest of those in the Obsidian Order going to join? Do they even know what they are supposed to do?
  • How are those who are in the technonobility going to join that have worked the past two months to try and lay claim to a planet to be the "nobility?"
  • How are other merchants or businessmen who are NOT part of the executive council going to participate in what will ultimately sway what the Techno Union will become?

The point is, if the objective is to bring back life to this faction -through this storyarch - how can it do so when it excludes others who are not part of your NPC / niche group of investigators?

Werah Unon said:
Oh, right, sorry. Just to clarify @Delem Mairev , is this an actual "overarching storyline", that will greatly influence the TU, or just a large complicated thread?

Please see this

Delam Mairev said:
This storyline will change the Techno Union as a whole to bring in further activity, but that change will be affected heavily by the characters involved. All threads are open and all characters are relevant.

So if all characters are relevant --- how does one who is NOT part of the investigations or in charge of the NPC's supposed to get involved?

Well, I'm presuming that by the end, everyone will have been able to contribute to at least 1 thread. Still though, I think that if it is this important, everyone should be able to be involved anytime.
[member="Delam Mairev"] [member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Alisha'ven"]

Placeholder 01

P
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Things aren't closed off.

The storyline is just beginning. If you'd give it a few days, things are going to open up to a broader spectrum. The threads are open for anyone who wants to join in with that 'niche group' if they so please.

If what is currently going on does not fit your character, or they would not be involved, then I'm going to have ask you to be patient.

For further clarification: the current threads are military based. Obsidian Knights as well as Techno Union forces are currently involved in these investigations.

There have been no threads about the effects on the merchants, nobility, etc yet because things are in their infancy.

[member="Werah Unon"] - It's a larger plot as discussed by the admin team thrown together because of the possible threat of recall. It's already brought in a number of new members, and the threads are, once again, completely open to the entire faction so they may be involved as they wish.

[member="Delam Mairev"]

Options that may work:

1. Is there a public news thread on what is actually going on with the investigations?
A public notice on investigations can provide a venue for a "reaction" thread.
*** However someone who is in charge of the storyline has to post this to frame the scene on what is going on.

2. Who is the interm government? ( If any change - is the obsidian order in charge now? is the techno union under like.. martial law? )

You are investigating the Executive Council, that means that the other merchants, smugglers, businessmen, civilians might be a bit confused on how this may affect taxes or their freedoms and the status of their worlds. Will this mean those who are recently "Queen or Kings' lose their spots? Who is going to be in charge?? Who is the leader that is now doing the investigations? Does this mean that the entire executive council is no longer in power while the investigations are ongoing? if so, who are the interim leaders?

*** this should be posted by whoever is NPCing the main leader that may be taking charge or the PC who is attempting to take charge.

Placeholder 01

P

Alright, I'll work on throwing things up along those lines this evening.

Who knows, maybe some folks 'll come out of the wood works.

Bethany Haverford

Loyalty Tempered with Survival
Danger Arceneau said:
So if all characters are relevant --- how does one who is NOT part of the investigations or in charge of the NPC's supposed to get involved?
Well, my character Bethany was not at all involved in the TU plot and wouldn't have had reason to be, so I found a way to work her in through past connections. It's just about giving your character a reason.

Bethany's really friendly; if you wanted, we could have a meeting thread between the two and they could get involved in the next dominion/story arc thread? New member and old member tackling the current arc?

Also, the list you provided in an earlier post seems to be more about addressing previous story arcs rather than finding reasons for past members to be part of things. I like the idea of bridging everything together for continuity purposes, though; some kind of awareness forum thread, if there are members of the nobility still active in the TU, would be cool to read through.

Bethany Haverford said:
Also, the list you provided in an earlier post seems to be more about addressing previous story arcs rather than finding reasons for past members to be part of things.

It would allow the bridging to push forward on what they can do in the meantime. The common TU civilian, merchant, business owner, nobility will not be part of investigations; but they will be concerned on how said investigation will affect their future and whatever government may result of it.

Getting news will provoke them to try and reach out to other contacts. IE Danger would reach out to [member="Raziel"] . Or another nobleman / noblewoman may reach out towards any active executive council members or NPC members to try and figure out what is going on -- which then brings them into the plotline.

It is just a matter of tossing something out there to provide the rest some way of being involved with what will determine the outcome of whatever spin we are doing with this.

I am down for rping with anyone; always have with any of my TU characters. But without any of the characters knowing what is going on, what is the state of things, and how this affects the typical TU citizen, then it leaves more than one TU member out of the pile to show activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom