Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll Call

Placeholder 01

P
The faction is going to be undergoing some changes to help bring in some activity. Most of it is IC, some of it is OOC.

We want to know who is around (who actually give a damn about things) so we can make estimations and better include whoever is left in our brainstorming.

If you're around, or intend to be around and active within the faction, please post here.

832222bf-cfc3-4d2a-ae3f-3f4984401665.png

[Member=Raziel] I like reading content, helps me think about making my own

Placeholder 01

P
Alright, good to hear from you all!

Lucien and I have spoken extensively about the state of the faction. There's been a lot of hard work put into it, and I don't think anyone wants it to go to waste. We've discussed ways to bring in activity and breathe some new life into the faction.

In that vein of thought, we've bumped up a new dominion on Dressel where the legion (warriors from Zenith Prime) and members of the Techno Union's military are investigating possible corruption within the Ruling Council. In the aftermath, a team of unsanctioned soldiers from the Techno Union recruited by Delam are raiding the former Primeval world of Bastion for rare materials. The materials will be relevant to the plot later on (and you can build yourself something nice out of the phrik.)

This storyline will change the Techno Union as a whole to bring in further activity, but that change will be affected heavily by the characters involved. All threads are open and all characters are relevant.

Give it a go.

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
Delam Mairev said:
The faction is going to be undergoing some changes to help bring in some activity. Most of it is IC, some of it is OOC.

We want to know who is around (who actually give a damn about things) so we can make estimations and better include whoever is left in our brainstorming.

If you're around, or intend to be around and active within the faction, please post here.

I see there are investigations, but how does this allow other TU members to join who are not investigating?

I get the storyline I think, but it doesn't seem very inclusive beyond a small group.

How does one become involved then?

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
Werah Unon said:
Well, from the look of things, civil war doesn't seem to unlikely...
Maybe. I'm still trying to grasp what is going on.

We have merchants here as well as others who are not part of the order nor the executive council or the dreadguard.

Yes we have Doms, but that isn't integral to whatever is supposed to be happening PVE faction story wise.

Placeholder 01

P
[member="Alisha'ven"], [member="Werah Unon"]

I wouldn't say all out civil war.

The storyline is not meant to be inclusive, and the doms were simply setting things up. Techno Union military forces, alongside members of the Obsidian Order, have been, investigating corruption within the bureacrachy, and they aren't being subtle about it.

Characters that have their hands in that pot might be trying to tie up loose ends. Other characters will likely notice things changing - people of rank closing themselves off, NPC merchants building up their own private armies, the little people starting to get a bit more vocal about their issues with the rich upper class, etc.

To summarize things: people in charge do bad things, people not in charge notice bad things, some of the people not in charge have decided to fix it and the upper crust is getting defensive.

This is not meant to throw any wrenches in any PC characters. Unless cleared, the characters in question are NPCs and serve as a story crux to bring us more activity.

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
[member="Delam Mairev"]

So then there is nothing faction rp wise that those are not involved DMing this overarching plot can jump into?

Because that just seems a bit counterproductive to trying to bring life back into this faction if only a few select people can be involved in it.

I can continue doing my own merchant ATC stuff and do Doms just fine -- but it gives me nor any others any incentive to be involved in the faction plots or faction threads at all.

And that's going to alienate any TU members here you have left who want to rp in faction threads, but are not at all part of whatever dungeon mastering PVE plot you have with a determined outcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom