Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roil of the Deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLAq5_L_fu0​
Over the past several days three civilian boats went missing, debris found, but few bodies had been recovered. Of the survivors, two were suffering some form of madness and despair, but their words were clear enough. Rumors spread of a sea beast rarely seen in those waters. Far from a native species, the Aquadon were a highly invasive species, hyper-aggressive in nature, and apparently at least one was on a killing spree in the tropics of Dac.

Rumors spread and reached the Mandalorian Sector, at least enough to gain the attention of a few. Draco had very recently taken up beast hunting, using Gotal'veman Arms and Armor to fund and equip his newest hobby. It was something he took up not only to serve a purpose of hunting and slaying very dangerous prey, but a way to prove his worth and honor as a warrior, a hunter, and a leader as he was required to be all three.

The Kom'rk-class Fighter/Transporthttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kom was making its way to Dac, within Silver Sanctum space, and though he was hardly on friendly terms, the United Clans had been on friendly terms with the SSC as far as he knew, not that it mattered too much who controlled the planet to him. Besides, why would they care that the Mandalorians were hunting a very dangerous hyper-aggressive beast?

The reports and found debris had a pattern, and the creatures were known to hunt and roam a territory of wide seas. The three attacks were all in the same region, and that lead the hunters towards that area. The pilot wasn't too concerned with access codes, and was broadcasting UCM IFF codes and a message <Gone Fishing. Will return call at earliest convenience.> to anyone bothering to check in on them.

Storms raged in the atmosphere above the relatively underpopulated region the beast was believed to be located in, lightning and thunder rolled through the air, the waves surged and crashed, big enough to rock a cruiser on the open oceans. The turbulence knocked the little transport around as it approached entered the raging atmosphere.

Red light bathed the passenger compartment, keeping it dark, conserving power. "Five minutes to drop." The pilot's voice echoed over the comlinks. Draco breathed in and looked around the compartment at the others in the bay with him. His coilgunhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/90020-orarsacarhr/ rested across his legs, and the spear was compressed into its smallest form on his back along with extra ammunition for the coil gun, mostly Tranqarest and Calyr Nayr harpoons. Beskar revolver on the holster on his leg, not that it would be great for this environment. His suit was modded slightly for aquatic gear, little fins able to extend from his feet, small webbing between the fingers of his crushgaunts.

"Scans show a reef with a difficult to scan cave network at four hundred meter depths. We will push straight for that after the jump to the water." He said quietly across the comms. That would be a likely place of where to find it, assuming it didn't find them first. Bait Bombs and sonic grenades, plus just a number of bodies in the water it would sense them. Whether it came to investigate or not remained to be seen. There were rumors about how smart the creature was, but everyone talked about the intelligence of predators, most weren't terribly impressive compared to sentient beings.

[member="Dango Fess"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Funky Balor"] @Anyone Else

Dango made a sound similar to a huff. it was more a electronic hiss.
honestly it had been a very long time since she had actually hunted for sport as opposed to for business.
"This is beneath me. " she mumbled under her ' breath.' she had only recently returned to the Mando heard. this was more a test of her than it was her skills.
after all when you were 90% metal it didn't reflect well in this company.
she sat cross legged in an overly relaxed pose.
"Cant we just vape it from orbit? and go home for brunch? I'll buy those Tandoshan eggs for you all." she joked trying to make her green Photo receptor's twinkle.

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] @dango kess

The Beskarsmith was here for glory. Of course, the price on this thing's head wasn't too bad. But in all truth, the Mandalorian lore-keeper had been too distant from the other clans. Things were moving, and it was necessary to know what others would do, and how they would act in future times. For both the clan's and his sake. Still, only a few words came from his mouth, keep it simple. See their path first.

"I shall take two of your spears and a respirator," he said softly. His armor is was minimal, some Eukar shoulder pads with spikes as pair of duraplast bracers, and a leatheris harness for his weapons. A few of Draco's collapsible spears, three of those bait grenades, and a few Thermal detonators. He was without his large staff, as it was not particular useful surround by water. He smirked. "I'm quite the swimmer....I will bait the monster with a few dives. Watch for your moment, maybe we can find..." his breath seems a bit slow as sighed out, "a weakness...." the patient man said. He then waited for the others to respond, saying nothing until the bay doors opened, or he was addressed. After all, idle thought wasn't much.

He heard the mostly metal woman joke, and laughed slightly. Still, even if they could hit it from orbit, that would be such a waste. Fighting a leviathan like with your wits and your blades, that was a great story. He could probably write a grand ballad with this. He wondered how many rushes it would take to wear down the beast. He had plenty of endurance but larger predators didn't always have the energy for prolonged hunting. Still, knowing when to act and when to not would be crucial.

" That's my problem. swimming. swimming in armour isn't the easiest thing to begin with. try doing it when you are made of the stuff. " she casually admitted to the lore master.
"i'll just take my hammer if that's all right? this whole lets get naked and hug trees things doesn't sit well with me. just point me at the guy with the plasma caster and watch me work. but Animals i don't like them." she said siting up right and hefting her hammer.

Draco waited in the passenger compartment, hearing the pattering of rain upon the hull and the howling of wind as the ship descended ever lower through the atmosphere of Dac. The others chatted among themselves and did whatever it was they needed to in order to prepare for a proper hunt like this. "You can't pick these things up on long range sensors to vape it from orbit, besides, there is no challenge in that. If it was easy, everyone would hunt these things." The big warrior shook his head. There was always one that saw it as a job and not for what it was. An honor to go against the apex predator of a planet or ecosystem and prove yourself worthy, above them, the best.

"If you want to take off your armor that's fine, but I wouldn't." He wasn't sure about this younger vod right now. Perhaps she was untested, perhaps she was eager to prove himself, or perhaps she just didn't want to be here. "You may not realize what it is we are up against is a forty meter long crocodillian sea monster capable of crushing vehicles in its jaws. Its not hugging trees, and we aren't out here to respect nature, we are hear to kill a sea monster because its more of a challenge than a scrub with a blaster. But, if you are scared, you are welcome to stay up here where it is safe." His voice slightly robotic through the annunciator.

He turned his attention to the Kitnak with them, "Take whatever you think you need, vod. The goal is simple, bait it out, I'll try to restrain it and slow it down with some tranqs, stuns, and bolas, then someone goes for the eyes and nose for the kill." Simple plan, open for adaptability and adjustment as needed. Whoever went for the kill would run the risk of actually getting close to the creatures powerful jaws, however even that would be out of the question until they hurt and slowed it enough to make that viable, otherwise it would likely be a death sentence.

The light that bathed the passenger compartment turned yellow and the doors open, the roiling seas below swept around by the howling winds, rain disrupting the surface of the waves. "Hit the water and dive straight to the reefs. Keep your eyes open." Draco said, waiting for the light to turn green signalling they had arrived over the reef and had only to drop down. As soon as the light changed, Draco stepped off the ship and fell, his repulsors keeping him from hitting the water to hard, letting him fall in, and stabilizing him allowing him to swim well even in armor, just like Sea Troopers and Aqua Troopers of the Republic and Imperial Eras. The fins on his foot extended giving him a little better maneuverability, as did the webbing around his gloves. Rebreather provided oxygen for a very long time so long as the water could be filtered.

For now they were in open water, the safety of land or boat completely absent. Only the surging blue tides of endless ocean as far as the eye could see and the murky black depths of the ocean at night.

[member="Funky Balor"] [member="Dango Fess"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

"This i'll be so lubed. my brothers took me on hunts as a kid. its a honor to join you im this hunt. and Vilus Meran sends his regret at nott being able to join. that knee surgery is going to hold him back." Kami said ftom her seat she had been sitting quietly trying to hold back squees os excitement and adrenalyn.​

Now, Vilaz was a skilled hunter...on ground. He had no experience in hunting creatures and monsters in the depths of the sea. Today he would have to put on his best game especially since they were hunting something that was forty meters in length and could crush just about anything with its jaws. With that said, his beskar'gam wouldn't protect for a large amount of time against the pressure of the sea monster's jaws. Unlike Illum, they would have to maneuver more since they had a disadvantage that the crocodilian monster had no issues with.

He would not be using his crossbow for this hunt. Instead he would opt for the coilgun and ammunition that Draco had and would obviously be using. His secondary firearm would a MT-14 pistol, and his melee would be a spear. His armor was modified with aquatic gear like Draco's.

"Try to keep up," the Warrior said to the other Mandalorians that joined in the hunt before jumping off into the endless blue. The repulsors activated and decelerated the velocity of his fall before landing into the ocean of Dac.

[member="Kami Meran"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Dango Fess"] [member="Funky Balor"]

"Well here go's nothing i suppose. " Dango said leaping out. breathing wasn't a problem she didn't have lungs anymore hell she was more YVH droid than.. than she wanted to say human but it had been 50 years since her upgrade to the metal skins lifestyle. Miralukan that was it.

The man adjusted his large coilgun across his lap, it was standard issue, could buy it anywhere, only it was quite large, able to spear three men through, or so he'd heard. The others had jumped into the dark sea below, Nicair stood up and walked towards the open hatch. He grabbed the safety bar and stopped for a moment, letting his eyes scan the darkness. He nodded a reassurance to himself and jumped from the ledge, he wrapped his arms around his chest and held his legs together, a knife to the water. Nicair rose to the surface and swam after his partners.

He had never hunted in water before, he did know that he'd need a longer melee weapon than his beskad. His solution? Attach the blade to a long handle to make a spear, it was a makeshift thing but he wasn't overly worried that the blade would come off as the inner pressure of the handle was enough to rip limbs off if they got stuck inside, he'd seen a man make that mistake with his finger when he was looking for such a device. With the fins on his boots he was able to keep pace with his companions.

[member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Dango Fess"] [member="Kami Meran"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Funky Balor"]

[member="Dango Fess"] [member="Nicair Claden"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Kami Meran"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

Kitonak watched as the doors opened, revealing the churning sea. By all accounts, the creature was large and dangerous. He was a simple song-maker and Goran, a smith. But he couldn't let the others have all the glory. No. Clan Balor needed to be remembered. And he would remind them. He put respirator in his mouth, diving down, falling like a stone in water for nearly thirty meters, and then, stopping. He smirked, swishing his limbs a little. It had been almost a year since he had done this. He nodded, pointing towards the reef, his thick, blubbery form moving with unusual grace in the water.

Without soil or normal gravity to restrain his movements, he slithered and undulated, moving less like a biped and more like an eel. While his more human compatriots paddled, his movements were reminiscent of a creature made for this real, such as a manatee or a herglic. He gestured towards the reef and then took point, keeping his belt trained around his chest. It was really more of a Bandolier, really. He wondered if the skin of this thing would make a belt. He looked at the reef. It was gorgeous. Still, he would wait for the others to catch up before activating any lures. Glory was great, but getting eaten because you were a Di'kut wasn't.

He looked at the string in his hand. Cheap fishing line, made of waxed cord. It would do well enough, though. At least, for what passed for a plan on this. He'd make it work. Besides, what was a big fish compared to a half-dozen trained Mando'ade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom