Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robin Hood Training. (Open to all)

People had been looking to learn the basics in surviving and archery. These skills were what Yuroic were willing to teach, not related to the Force so it lessened the chances of a young Padawan falling to the path of the Dark Side. Yuroic constructed some targets and kept a ysalamiri in a cage near where they would be practising the ar hery. This ensured that no one cheated and used the Force to get the arrows to the bullseye. He placed himself in the shadows, against a tree and thought on his training.

Learning to survive was rough for Yuroic, he didn't have the safety of training or a teacher. He lived or died by his skills and wits. This also involved not using the Force, he had refused to use the Force when he first found himself in exile. Part of him had wanted to fail, to die but still Yuroic lived. Now he would teach others his skills.

Waiting patiently, Yuroic was curious to see who wanted to learn from him.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

She had heard of this training Yuroic was offering to anybody that wanted to join. It was something she both wanted to attend and avoid at the same time.

Deciding to go, Jairdain would be open in her approach. A feeling of hesitation, wondering if her presence would be welcome or even wanted was there.

What happened between the two of them was in the past, but that did not mean she would be welcomed by him. Some of his training had happened at her hands. Most of what else he learned had been done on his own. It had been the same with her.

Something was odd about the area he picked. A feeling of a Force void was there and she dreaded entering it. It was not totally gone, but using the Force would certainly be more difficult for her. This would make her almost a simple, blind human. The reason were the ysalamiri and something she was unaware of as the cause.

I​ can leave if you wish.

This was sent only to him and she stood just outside the area where the Force was weak.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Tana had always looked up to his mother, the way she learned to survive in the world, the many near death trial she faced before learning to harness her force abilities and the countless non-froce related skills she had. Unfortuntaly throwing himself into an arrid planet that had just been invaded and somehow getting mortally wounded would probably not go down well with the order, or Sukai, but learning things in a similar fashion was not to much to ask.

When [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], or Gemander as he liked to call him offered survival and archery training, oh Tana was there right away, bringing a simple wooden Yumi with him to for when they started shooting stuff. "Ahayooooo, good day yo you Gemander Xeraic, how have things, been"? he said in a plain tone, accompanied by a Riben-Jin accent, "I am ready and awaiting training". Upon entering the area he had felt the force slink away, the small little lizards being used to numb the area of their supernatural power.

Looking around it seemed the young boy was the first one here, aside from a strange woman that he had not seen much of before, unless. "Are you by any change [member="Jairdain"]? I have heard a few things about you from my sister and mother".

Yuroic was curious by Jairdain's presence. He had not anticipated her arrival but he was happy to see her once more. Part of him yearned to be with her once more, but that was gone, he was not the man that deserved happiness. Not that type of it, instead he moved around and grabbed his old bow. Wooden and basic in its design and use, the bow was only good for hunting, he had another for fighting. For today, hunting bow would be all he need.

Noticing Tanaski approach as well, he offered both a greeting smile. "Come, be careful Jairdain. I didn't realise you would be attending and set up a couple of ysalamiri to prevent students cheating when practising." He commented to Jairdain, acknowledging her presence and encouraging her to join. "However, it could be useful for you to learn things without the Force. Makes you less dependent on it. I have heard many that are physically blind and not in touch with the Force can still survive with other senses. This can be a way to push yourself to using them more."

He knew Jairdain was a capable Force User but she was not a fighter, not like him. Yuroic still wanted her safe, he needed her to still be safe.

Turning to Tanaski, "so, you wish to learn some archery? Well, here take this bow, there's a quiver with some arrows and I have set some targets up already. Take a shot and I'll see what needs correcting from there." Yuroic instructed the boy. "This isn't like firing a blaster, archery is a skill similar to using a Lightsaber. You'll miss the target more than you will hit for now, took me years to get to where I am." Years and weeks of starvation, Yuroic commented to himself.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"] | [member="Jairdain"]

Another person approached the training area and Jairdain felt a touch of pride and happiness for Yuroic. It seemed others wanted to learn from him beyond herself. Their skills accented each other and was one of the many things that had made them perfect partners. Time had changed both of them and she had moved beyond that part of their past. This did not mean they couldn't still interact and she was pleased he welcomed her.

When the new person entered into the almost Force void she had not, his presence dwindled away to almost nothing. Barely able to sense him, she had to focus harder to make him out through the Force. The question came clearly though since it was spoken to her.

"Yes, I am Jairdain. Who are your mother and sister?"

In her time with the ​Jedi, Jairdain had met a great many people. Very few were family though, so she was really curious to hear the answer.

Listening to Yuroic, she nodded and stepped into the almost Force void. It did not totally block out the Force, but it made things more difficult. There had been several times in her life where the Force had been totally deprived from her. At those times, she had learned how to live without it. Her other senses were enhanced, but without practice, they had gone back to normal

"Maybe this'll be like riding a bike as the saying goes? Granted I never learned...but I'm sure I'll pick up on things quickly. What do you have planned?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"]

He waited a little to the side as the two adults talked, seemed that had history, had there been some falling out? Perhaps but it was not hiss business, after all his own past as not very legal or for those among the Order to hear.

Tana almost face palmed when [member="Jairdain"] answered back, she was blind, why did he forget that, literately one of the first things Sukai had told him about the ex-Jedi master, but he would answer anyways. "I am Sukai's younger brother and Kurenai's son, I think you have met both at some point, but it is okay if you don't remember, the galaxy is a big place". After all not everyone was gifted in super memory recollection like the his family was.

Turning around he addressed [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] when he handed him the bow, Tana looking at it and then back to the Master Jedi, before showing him the personal Yumi he had brought for today's exercise. "Um I brought my own weapons from my mother's Dojo, or do I need to use the bow provided"? "Also I understand the skill like Kyudo needs a lot of practice, it is a very highly traditioned skill back on my home planet".

Yuroic acknowledged mentally that he would have to learn more of the Riben-Jin ways, seemed they were quite different to most sentient races. At least from his experience of Tanaski and his family. Placing the bow in Jairdain's hand instead, Yuroic nodded to Tanaski. "So, your own bow is fine. Just it isn't common to see one have a bow, not a traditional weapon in the galaxy. At least not anymore. Give it a go like I said, easier to see where to improve your technique from a baseline."

Turning to Jairdain, he took her hand and guided her to a spot where she could take aim at a target. "Here Jairdain, the target is in front of you. This will be pushing your limits and don't expect you to be a good shot, never seen you fire a blaster yet alone a bow. However, be a safe way to get started on focusing your senses."

Yuroic wanted to start with the archery before moving onto survival training, this could be fun and light. He knew that the survival training he planned, it was going to be tough. He was going to be tough. With that, it would be life or death. No room for errors.

Accepting the offered help from Yuroic once she stepped into the Force void, she listened to what he said caused it. Taking far more careful steps, Jairdain waited on the answer from Tanaski and nodded.

"I remember teaching one of them Tutaminis and Barrier. Not sure where I met the other. Maybe at a festival or gathering of some kind. Just in passing though, my attention was elsewhere at the time."

That had been one of the last times she and Yuroic had been together before he disappeared. As he spoke to Tanaski, she went back in time in her mind and remembered their times together. Luckily the Force was subdued here or they might feel just sad she was. It might still show on her face, Jairdain greatly missed the relationship they had.

Soon enough Yuroic's attention back on her and he guided her to a location to stand. Handing the bow to her, she took a minute to get a feel for it. Simple in craftsmanship, but well made and cared for. The bow was taller than she was and Jairdain had the doubt she would be able to use it effectively.

Turning it at an angle so the end wasn't dragging on the ground, she would attempt to pull back on it. The bow having been built by him, it was difficult for her to make the full draw on it. Eventually she got it pulled back. She had yet to place an arrow on the bow to actually fire and she practiced just pulling back the string a few times. This way if there was anything wrong with the stance or the way she held the bow, he could correct her.

When confidence was felt by both of them, she would place the first arrow and tilted her head slightly. Listening to what was around them and knowing where the target was to shoot at, she brought the bow and arrow up together to fire her first mundane weapon ever. She waited to know from Yuroic on if her arrow had reached the target or gone astray somewhere.

Tana gave a small nod to the Jedi master, but it was to be expected, even on Tain'tang Kyudo was only really used for ceremonial, reenactments or tournaments, not so much combat or hunting. Even still his mother owning a Dojo and being a master in almost any weapon did mean he had access to a bow any time, problem was finding said time to train.

Taking the simple Yumi, Tana picked out a target, thinking back to the day before he could really use the force, aim, lead, check for wind, bullet drop, shaking. A rather long list to go through, but in time he knew it would all become second nature, besides, not like he had a capped time limit or anything. While the to Mastered went through their own practice run Tana would string a arrow holding the weapon above his head, parallel the body.

It was probably a strange way to shoot from outside perspective, but such a form allowed for a steady arm and constant view of the target when drawing the bow sting. As Tana lowered the weapon to eye level his pulled back on the arrow, slowly lining up a short before suddenly releasing the arrow, the small projectile flying true and... missing the target, but not by much. "Heh heh, looks like I have a long way to go".

[member="Jairdain"] - [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Both of them had missed the target. Jairdain's arrow had hit the tree to the left and Tanaski's hit a tree near the right of his target. Yuroic started with Jairdain first, moving in close he adjusted her stance so her legs were strong and firm to the ground. "Before you fire breathe out and concentrate. Picture the environment in your head." He also guided her arm into the position that he thought best for her to draw the string back to. "It might be difficult to pull in line with your temple but if you can do it with this bow then any bow better suited to you will be a piece of cake." Finishing his corrections for that attempt, he gifted her another arrow to try again.

Turning to Tanaski, he noted the Padawan had used a different way to draw his bow. There were other various to do so. "While that drawing method might be useful for a first shot, I would recommend changing it to the method I'm showing Jairdain if coming across multiple enemies or opponents who take more than one arrow. The other way is faster and can be just as accurate." Yuroic commentated as he showed Tanaski a firm leg stance to use. "Also, control your breathing when firing, should be breathing out as the arrow goes. You can close one eye as well to improve your shot for now."

Yuroic then took a step back, waiting to see how their second attempts fair in comparison. He hoped for some improvement, noting that there wouldn't be a massive one but at least hitting the target would be nice. Perfect shots would come later.

The actions of [member="Tanaski Yumi"] were essentially lost on Jairdain. While the ysalamiri made using the Force more difficult, they did not block it out entirely. Most people assumed they cut one off from the Force totally, she had learned that was false. However, she did know the idea behind what Yuroic was attempting and respected that enough to not use the Force the enhance her ability.

Now she did that just a little. Not really to enhance or cheat things, but just enough to allow her to 'see' the target in front of her. She accepting the guiding hand of Yuroic and cherished that small touch. He provided her another arrow to fire and this time she closed her eyes.

Taking in that breath he suggested and pausing a moment, she pulled the bow string back and fired without too much thought.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Tana shifted his stance while [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] explained, he did have a point with the way Tana chose to fire the Yumi, such was mostly reserved for taking accurate precise shots. Not so much for quick firing in the heat of battle... or hunting, though he was more looking at this training for other purposes, a bow was quite the weapon for assassination. He had some ideas about force alchemy arrow tips and giving them certain effects, like energy draining, poison and much more, all but a touch, even to armor inducing an effect on a target. The best way to deliver such a potent weapon? and arrow.

Taking aim once more he took Yuroics advice, aiming the weapon in a similar manner to [member="Jairdain"], even it he had more suspicion that the miss was more just to being a first timer on a stringed weapon and not stance. Pulling back the young Jin once again aimed at the target, this time the arrow flying more true, not hitting the center but definitely getting near the middle of the target. If it was a man and he had aimed at the hart Tana would have hit the left lung most likely. "Close but no cigar... what does that phrase even mean"? Regardless it was a good start.

Yuroic watched their second attempts hit their targets respectively. Though they were no bullseye, hitting the target consistantly was more important in Yuroic's mind. Especially when a target would continuely move about. "Don't fret about being perfect Tanaski, it won't happen today and hitting a bullseye will end up being down to luck more than being good, for today. Took me months to be able to guarantee a bullseye shot, that was training daily as well. Today is about adjusting your aim so you can hit the target consistantly. Try again, lets see if you can hit the target a few more times and if you can, we'll shift it up to moving targets."

Yuroic had set up a rig that moved targets in sponatious ways. He looked over to Jairdain, watching her give it another shot. With the moving targets he knew she would have a better chance of aiming by using her senses alone, the noise of the rig and movements would allow her to follow its path. However, for safety reasons, he wanted to ensure that they could keeping hitting a still target before moving onto a trickier target. His fingers flexed as his body wanted to train and use a bow, however he would alienate them with how good he was. He wanted to let them enjoy their moments of achievement like hitting a target, instead of thinking how much better he was.

[member="Jairdain"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Entirely unsure if the question asked by Tanaski was meant to be rhetorical or he really wanted an answer, she just kept silent. She knew the meaning though and if he wanted to know, she would tell him.

She wasn't too concerned about mastering archery today, Jairdain understood it took time. Just hitting the target on a consistent basis was her objective. His worry about making her feel less because he was better was something unfounded. Between them, they both knew one would always be better than the other in certain things.

Taking another arrow from Yuroic, she set it on the bow, breathed in as she pulled the string back and released the arrow with that breath. Again she did not enhance her shot with the Force, only used her memory of the set up and her Sight as much as she could with those ysalamiri present.

It was very likely the other two were totally cut off from the Force by them. With her connection so strong, it was only impaired by the creatures.

Tana had meant said question as not rhetorical, growing up in an Atrisian and Jin house hold certain phrases and slang was lost to the young man. Even so he did not expect anyone to hear around the question let along answer it, not that he'd complain, but at the moment was a little more focused on refining his aim after [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] last comment. "I understand, I am no stranger to time training and long goals,but it does not hurt to try your best when ever you get the chance". Tana did want to learn the art of archery before he got to the late 30's like their instructor.

Switching to moving targets things became a little more difficult, but he had a feel for the drop and power of the Yumi in hand, Tana once more taking aim. When it came to shooting he was no stranger, but adapting to a new weapon always took time. Keeping sea blue eyes on the target he once more kept tag on the wind, speed of the target and the drop he had nabbed so far. Letting the arrow fly Tana's shot struck to the right a bit, perhaps taking the leading a bit to much but once more hitting his mark. "Nice, how you going @Jairdain"?

Yuroic was confident that they could constantly hit their standing targets. Moving to the side, he flipped a switch and the targets jerked into action. Their motors would make noise enough for Jairdain to track them as well as the crunching of leaves underfoot. This test was more to do with accuracy and hitting realistic targets than pushing Jairdain's limits in the Force. Moving between them, he looked straight ahead. He coughed and then spoke.

"This will be tricky. These targets have no movement patterns, take care and lead the targets. Your arrows do move at incredible speeds, not as fast as blaster bolts or ballistic ranged weapons. This also give you a good idea of how penetrating the arrow can be as these targets are wearing light armour. The arrowheads are made from Durasteel but you need to make sure you have the power behind each shot to hit them." Yuroic commented as he scratched his stubble.

Handing another arrow to Jairdain, he watched them both as they took their shots at the moving targets instead. "After a few shots at these targets, we will move onto some basic survival skills."

[member="Jairdain"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"]

This was where Jairdain would have a moment to shine. While new to archery, the sound of movement would help more than hinder her. Yuroic said there was no pattern to the paths the targets followed, but in this setting that would be almost impossible. That really wasn't something she was going to point out though.

While she may still not be able to hit the target with a kill shot, she accepted the arrow from Yuroic when he handed it to her and fired it away. A satisfying thunk was heard about two moments later when it connected. Of course she was no master, but her heighted senses helped in this exercise.

"Much better now I can hear them moving. Wild animals would be different though. They would have life in them and those lizards shouldn't be normally around so hitting will be easier for you. What about you?"

She handed Yuroic his ​bow back unless he wanted them to practice more.

Tana kept focus on his target during the entire round, though also managing to hear the thunk each time [member="Jairdain"] landed a target. Seemed being was not much of a problem for her with sound and all, probably like echo locations but for humans. Hard to understand, but when you where blind for so long he guessed it just became second nature, certain senses becoming more sensitive and what not.

Pulling back to his target the young Jin continued to release arrow after arrow, some shots just shy of the bulls eye, but each landing quite reasonable on the moving object. It was reassuring, but at the same time Tana knew such was just the beginning of a much harder skill to master. Right now shooting wooden targets with a 'hit me here' mark on them was easy, but when hunting, or in combat, well that was a different story.

Tana loosed his last arrow upon reaching back to feel non left, several targets almost a small bristle with the amount of arrows now logged in them. "I think I am done on my end, ready for man vs wild when ever Jair and you are ready". A skill that would be fun to get into, mainly due to Tana's 'ability' that made certain aspect of survival easy. After all, why kill an animal, cook and eat it when you can just drain it's energy and drink it's blood.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Both seemed capable of shooting the moving targets in the end, the VI he had installed kept the targets' movements random to prevent pattern practice, he wanted to ensure they could truly hit a moving target. Taking the bow from Jairdain, he shot a volley of three or four arrows, each one deeply embedded in the bullseye's of his targets. Smirking to himself, it felt good to shoot the arrows, he went into a zen state with the bow. Less pain and painful memories occupied his thoughts.

Moving to a new area of the training ground he made, the Force was still unavailable to them but there were no targets around this time. "This is survival training 101, I'll teach you the basics then leave you deep in the most dangerous parts of the Shadowlands alone for four weeks and see if you can survive..." Yuroic left it like that for thirty seconds or longer before breaking out a chuckle. "As entertaining as that would be, this is just going to be a lesson in a few basic things.

Now do you know how to start a fire, heal a wound, craft a shelter, find and convert water into a drinking source." Yuroic paused before continuing, "without using the Force? The Order is too dependent on the Force, there are many ways to take away a person's connection to the Force and one needs to be able to survive without it in hazardous environments." Yuroic commentated as he guided them to a couple unused campfires. "Create a fire, cook some meat or veg." Yuroic was purposefully vague on how to do it, wanting to see them try first.

Once each of them had fired off the arrows provided, Yuroic to the bow from her and fired off some of his own. Hearing them hit the target, she didn't feel jealous that he made it appear so easy. That was one thing she understood. Everything took time and practice, he had been alone for so long, all he could do was just that. In a way, she had started his own survival training many years ago, now he had perfected it.

Anything additional he had learned on his own, she hoped he was going to pass along to anybody else that wanted to learn. In addition to just herself and Tanaski.

Listening to what he said, she had been in the Shadowlands many times and could live there just fine on her own. So dropping her off there wouldn't be an issue. Knowing it was a joke, she shook her head, but wore a small smile. Memory came up of the first time they had travelled to the Shadowlnads together. Her mental state and the help he had provided. A sense of shame came up in her at not being there for him when he needed her.

Back when she had been a Padawan, an exercise just like this had happened. She had accomplished everything he listed off without the use of the Force then and she could do it again now. While the Force made it all much easier, there were some basic skills she knew with out that.

There were several ways to go about making a fire, she went with the easiest method. Taking out her lightsaber, she set it to the lowest setting, gathered up some kindling along with leaves. Setting them at the bottom of the wood stack in her pit, she ignited her blade to hold it there until she started feeling some heat coming from the leaves and twigs she set there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom