Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rites of Passage: A Short Story

8khnnev.jpg
Synopsis:
RZKj39r.jpg

The Nikto's Morgukai were once among the deadliest warriors in the galaxy, feared for being able to kill force users and take a normal man down as easy as breathing. However, these fearless and tenacious warriors have not been seen for hundreds and hundreds of years...

It has almost been a year since she stepped down from her role as Grandmaster. The Deneba Enclave and the order it sought to house are no more. Now, Jedi Knight Romi Jade travels the galaxy continuing her pursuit of the light side of the Force. However she has found herself on Kintan, the home world of a now defunct cult of warriors in search of a legend...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/xSLTJbsANyk[/youtube]

Kintan...

The two stood and stared at each other for a long while, neither blinking. Recalling her weakened state, she could feel her heart beat against her chest cavity; it was like a cry for help.

Her eyes fluttered with the energy it took to bring her arm up. In her hand however...was the key. "I..I have the antidote..." she whimpered a bit while she still fought to regain her breath. "I can save him...right now"

Her fingers curled around the length of her lightsaber hilt; it was warm and moist in certain areas. The tightness from which she held it reflected one of the most intense encounters in her entire life.

The elder Nikto's face screwed up in incredulity. A hardened warrior...empathy was hard to balance when you adhered to a certain philosophy; he'd been bred to kill and shun the emotion of guilt.

Her nostrils flared at her sapped strength; He'd considered her ultimatum.

He'd share his wicked grin with her, for she was a clever Jedi... However, he was a father...and with so many layers to this he...

"I aceept your challenge Jeedai..."

------ Earlier

Her silhouette was just as striking.

Two menacing figures stood feets in front of her; this was their sanctuary. Kintan was fairly dark today...a shrouded sun, but it seemed like it just got a bit more darker.

Her index finger slowly pulled the scarf from her face and gave way to stray strands of blonde locs. Vibrant, her skin soaked in the crackling fire from the pits just beside her.

Beneath the earthy tones of dingy cloth, she remained who she truly was. However, to those who knew nothing of her origins she appeared the dusty traveler.

But legends have told of deadly warriors with the skill to kill Jedi and Sith alike...a cult like group of menacing brutes who could tell when such foes were in their midst.

"If you are my son Kulor—if you are truly Morgukai—you will kill this Jeedai. If you fail, then you deserve death." The words of Mattac would burn deep in his child.

The younger warrior replied with a wicked grin. His steps struck a chord each time, the echo seemingly ringing for an eternity. Though his steps soon turned into deadly strides as he launched himself at her with a frightening speed she couldn't have expected. Drawing out her lightsaber, she went into a frantic dance, twisting and parrying his duel metallic sabers. The last attack she intercepted, she held him there but felt his superior strength stonewall her.

Neither able to force the other back, they disengaged. She spun about to face Kulor, regaining her balance with a pivot. Her lightsaber was at the ready, and when she came up as the armored warrior leapt forward. She started forward to meet his charge, and her lightsaber worked in a furious, humming blur against the movements of his twin sabers. Blocking his onslaught, she felt the backlash in her wrist; the last mark would have enough force to push her back.

Her chest rose and collapsed as she fought for air. Her saber hand shook subtly. From the corner of her eye she noticed a few strands of her hair had been clipped in the engagement.

Kulor came on, sabers sweeping down and Romi ducked at the last moment, pounced up tall, and sent her lightsaber up high with a rolling motion that kept the sabers out wide. At the opening Romi's lightsaber swept down and cut almost through the hilt of one of his swords, Kulor was disarmed in his left hand when she quickly released the sword in reaction to her lightsaber. With a subtle grace and deft speed, Romi launched herself into a kick to Kulor' face that propelled her into a back flip.

"Argghh!"

Sensing the frustration way before witnessing it fuel movements, she kept her cool, and moved her lightsaber through a wild blur of motion, slashing, and cutting to intercept his advance. 1....2....3....and on the fourth connect Kulor parried her blade while simultaneously back handing her across her face. The back flip from earlier put her in a sticky situation as now she was getting backed into a wall. A swift round kick to the stomach sent her flying into it.

Dizzy from the stone of the monastery and the back of her head colliding, she didn't react fast enough to see his impending charge but off quick wit she threw her energy into a force push to slow him a fraction. Romi wasn't taking him lightly anymore. Kulor planted himself heavily, and swung his blade so close to her head that she felt the rush of air on her right cheek like a breath; it was almost deafening.

As she tasted blood from her lip, her right hand cut through the air from her crouch. With bludgeoning power, her Force push sent him flying across the room and into one of the pillars that cradled the fire.

Kulor knew...his father who watched knew...that he weren't to get up now that this Jedi would be on him for the kill. He was becoming privy to her skill which contended with his own. While he fumbled back to his feet and reached for his weapon, Romi was already coming at him at a speed that left a scarlet blur behind. She leapt at him, slashing down from right to left that inevitably seared the angle of one of his facial horns. He jerked back, and her strength was waning. He began to flail his weapon around, and a panting Romi flicked her lightsaber in order to counter his every move.

One-two

One-two

One-two

It seemed a useless close-quarter struggle, but it was her ferocity and speed that allowed her win out at the last second. She righted herself, stepping into his guard and batting his sword away. With enough strength left she kicked him into a wall, pressing her boot into his neck. It was long enough for her to deftly ram a hunting dart into his neck.

A deafening gasp filled the room, and her hand began to quiver just as his body slid down the wall and from beneath her.

Panting...her chest visually clawing for a breath, she turned to look at Mattac just as her cheek bore the blackest bruise.

"I..I...won" she forced it up, nostrils flaring in all.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/yVIRcnlRKF8[/youtube]

Screen loading...
Romi's Datapad
Entry 203

I thought learning my enemy would help me discover myself. I came to Kintan seeking one of the most ancient...

The Morgukai are deadly warriors but...honorable.

That was the only way I was able to even secure these past two weeks. Kulor was an opponent like I've never faced before...but while we were both young I seemingly had the slight advantage of experience on my side. Mattac knew the ways of the Morgukai more than either of us, but his love for his son forced him to agree to the terms in the first place...if his only son truly died back then; he'd lost all hope of rebuilding the order to what it was.

I plotted in advanced to kill without striking a fatal blow...or at least make it appear that I killed him. Took me awhile to formulate the plan but, I was able to get a dosage of Lecepanine. In the last hour, it'd be enough to completely paralyze and force Kulor into unconsciousness.

I didn't want to take a life to advance my own...

If I could get through with it...I could prey on Mattacs weaknesses; his honor.

I'd bargain my life, Kulors life, the future of the Morgukai, and his honor all at once by striking a deal neither one of us could refuse.

A year after this...I'll have to face Mattac. That duel...will truly be life or death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom