Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rise of the Oligarchy

Yoru Shakou

6d34376d-3879-4fa2-a2dc-5886175b4cd6_zpsc52aca26.png

"For the Strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the Strength of the Wolf is the Pack"

Since the fall of the Sith Empire, many factions have arisen in the name of the former. Each claiming to be the heir of that which came before it. The Avidon Oligarchy is not an heir to the Sith Empire, nor does it see itself as the continuation or the herald of a new Empire or new Sith Order. Rather it is an Oligarchical Magocracy with a focus looking inwards towards the survival of itself and of its interest. It seeks to turn the Republic and Mandalorians upon each other as they have for countless years while it quietly bides its time and rebuilds.

It has been a while since I originally created the Avidon Oligarchy and in that time I had jumped from idea to idea. Though looking back I think in some way it has helped me realize what I can do when I sit down and focus my creativity into a single project. This is that project, the Avidon Oligarchy. A new faction not claiming to be a direct heir to the former Sith Empire or claiming any kind of direct lineage to the Sith Order. Rather it is in some way a Dark Side faction like the others, however it seeks to go about a different course.

Their primary focus is on survival, as they are trapped between the Republic and the Mandalorians. The faction itself is focused a bit more on diplomacy and intrigue as it can not at this point stand toe to toe with the Republic or Mandalorians and rather it would be the smarter and more logical course to place themselves as being neutral, while attempting to turn the age old enemies against one another to weaken the area around the Oligarchy.

My personal belief is that this faction can bring about a new intriguing storyline and foster new plots and campaigns while producing strong threads to aid in character development and as a whole offer a much in the way of entertainment to the site and its members. I am solely focused on this venture and I fully understand that I can not do this alone. The Avidon Oligarchy is a new Faction, one that can show great promise, it just needs guidance and help to do so.

That is why I am here, to both announce the formation of the faction and to seek those that would help bringing it all together. As the quote says, the strength of the pack in the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack. This faction has potential yet it needs those wolves to provide it the strength to survive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom