Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right of passage

A speeder pulled up to the Sith lord's estate slowly, and a tall figure stepped out. Eyes scanned the place, remembering it instantly. It had been a whole eight years since the orphan child had seen his adopted father, having been sent to a boarding school to train his mind and muscle. Now in the place of a cowering little kid stood a towering teen, a face of determination set in stone. Grabbing his bag from th back seat, he set off toward the front doors, trying to remember his new father's face. Lucien Cordel, the man who had taken him in under his wing when all was lost. The one who wished him to be his heir. Pushing open one of the doors, he walked inside slowly, taking in the place. It was not new to him, but he still felt a sense of unfamiliarity. He was better used to training in solitary rooms with just his instructor and his blade to keep him company. He would have to readjust. But first, it was time to find his host? "Father? Show yourself."

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien rose from his chair, his son had returned after 8 long years in the most prestigious bourding school money could get. He was pleased he son was finally home he moved out of the room and into the hall he stood at the top of the stairs "Darien welcome home" he called down "Someone fetch my son's bag". A servants moved over "m'lord" she said with a curtsey she offered her hand to take his bag.

Darien eyed the man silently, as if studying him, which he was. Slowly making his way to him, the boy came in recognition once again with the savior of his soul. However, unlike most boys who come back home with a smile, running up to their daddies to hug them, he causally nodded in his direction in respect. "It certainly is good to be home." He softly patted his father's shoulder, then wrapped his arm around him. It was different, now being shoulder-to-shoulder height with the lord. Last time they had been together, he had only been just as tall as Lucien's shoulders. "You have much to catch me up on, i'm sure. Let's walk and talk."

Lucien returned his sons nod and returned his small scale hug, Lucien wasn't one for overly soppy actions "It is good to have you home" He let go of his son, Looking at him for a moment he looked like a man now, not a boy but most importantly he looked like a lord. Lucien returned to reality "Yes of course" He turned and began to ascend the stairs to the west wing "Zaadja has changed little on the surface but I have seen our relationships with others undergo change I have formed key relationships with the other governors however tensions between my self and Zaadjas Merchant guild are becoming more pronounced" He spoke for a time but began to realise that it was neither interesting nor overly important, his son had been away for eight years and he had not even asked him how he was "However that is not really all that interesting tell me about school"

"Enlightening." Darien tailed his father up the stairs, looking to his old bedroom for a second or two. He wouldn't say too much about school. It was a rather dull place, and the instructors were only harder and harder on him each day. To an eight year old, it was like a living hell. However, now that he was sixteen, he saw the need for such harshness. He had matured in ways he would have never thought of. He was well versed in politics, basic combat in hand-to-hand as well as weapons, and had even picked up some Huttese. His long and gruesome workouts were quite evident in his now heavily-shaped shoulders, arms and abs. He was a completely refined person.

Lucien shook his head and smirked for a moment, He was getting dull. He stopped "Darien you are practically a man now it is time I bought you somethings ... such as a ship for example" He walked back in to opposite direction and asked for a land speeder to be made ready. Outside in the city however a protest had begun but it was slowly becoming more unruly.

Darien nodded a little, glad for this. Having a ship of his own would give him some freedom, a chance to make a mama for himself. However, there was a matter that interested him more. "I believe I am ready o construct my own lightsaber. I still have the one given to me at the academy, but at my present point it would only be useful as a backup." He pulled out a small lightsaber shoto, with a short handle. Igniting it brought forth a pale maroon blade, and a low hum.

"Then that is what we shall do, we should set off now it is a long journey to Ilum." He walked from the room to his own dressing room snatching two cloaks from the rack He then moved down stairs to the speeder. He waited for his son to join him. He hoped Darien was ready he was about to take him into the heart of republic territory.

Down in the slums the protest group swelled led by a delegation of the merchant guild the wind blew in the direction of a coup, however for now the group was small.

Joining his father next to the speeder, Darien took the smaller cloak and slid it over his shoulders. Once he was convinced it fit, he took a seat inside the vehicle and waited for Lucien to do the same. Outside, he could hear the protesting crowd, which began to give him a migraine. That was one thing he definitely did not miss about home: The constant squabble about freedom and rights. Sure, he supported it, but the way people tended to voice their opinion was downright childish in his opinion.

"I apologies for the Rabble Darien it appears the Guild of merchants isn't too happy I executed one of their members" He climbed into the speeder which immediately made haste for the space port. As the speeder made haste through the capital Lucien turned to his son "I will admit that I am taking you into the heart of republic territory and my ... position may make you a target, you must do what I say when I say it" He was worried about this. Very worried.

"It's fine. I'll be fine, I can handle myself now." Darien looked at the concerned face his father wore. "I'm not the impressionable, weak kid I was eight years ago. That's why we're taking me to make my lightsaber, isn't it?" He looked back out at the gathering crowds as they made their way out of the estate's main grounds and sped off toward the capital. He wished he could emotionally comfort Lucien, but he was no longer one to show emotion. One of the things he was taught at the academy: Never show your true emotions to anybody, they are an easily exploitable weakness.

"Yes ... yes of course" He said not entirely convinced but he didn't let it show this time "Have you decided on the colour you want?" He asked. Outside he could see people slowly beginning to gather. He would but them down soon enough, This was a prime time for his son to gain practical experience. The speeder did not go to Lucien's Yacht like it normally did it was instead carrying the pair to a battered looking fighter. Lucien would Rather not be spotted going in or our of Ilum. Lucien climbed into the pilots seat and began making preparations to take off.

Darien shook his head no, staring out at their surroundings. "I never figured color to be an issue. Whatever is the strongest that I can handle, that's the one I will use. If it is green or blue or some other color, it doesn't matter to me." He thought to himself for a moment. Why was he being so cold and distant toward Lucien? There was certainly no reason for it. He could blame it on his training, but he knew it was a lie. 'Maybe I just need some time to readjust', he thought.

"Then we will stick with the first crystal we can grab" Lucien replied, His main focus was flying the ship. The journey to Illum took very little time. and Lucien brought the ship down in a tundra he hoped they hadn't been spotted but he couldn't be sure. He climbed out of the ship. and looked around "We need to find a cave with some some good sized crystals in them we will need a few in case you mess up preparing the first one" He shouted to darien before moving away from the ship through the icy winds.

Darien stayed silent, the heavy wind battering him unrelentingly. Not that it was too much for him- His training had prepared him somewhat for extreme environments. Following Lucien closely behind, he kept his head low until thy reached a cave. Looking around, he did in fact see dozens of massive crystals, but he felt a certain tugging in his gut. Almost as if he was being called somewhere. Slowly, he made his way inside.

Lucien pulled his hood down and took a look around "find some crystals and then we can get home" he said moving into the cave he pulled a crystal from the cave wall it glittered in his hand then it began to scream and darken as he savaged it which the dark side.

(OOC: Try not to have Lucien find him, I want Darien to face this by himself)

Darien was beyond listening now. The force of power had drawn him to an unchartered part of the cave, so far that even Lucien would have a hard time finding him. The power he felt was curious, childlike even. It was dark, yet it was timid. Dangerous, yet controlled. Walking to the farthest reaches of the cave, he eventually found himself in a cross section, in which he took the left path. Eventually, he stood in front of a large, sleeping beast. It was at least three times his size, and that's when it was laying down. Wedged in the center of it's head: a glowing red crystal.

Lucien looked up from the crystal He had in his hand. Darien was gone Lucien could not see him and he could barely feel him, He looked around cursing himself for his lack of attention He looked around seeing a dark tunnel and moved along slowly, upon coming to the cross roads he called again but heard nothing, he when right and moved down a second passage. It was a long winding tunnel that terminated in a dead end. He began to make his way back igniting his saber to look for alternate paths. He opted to return to the entrance and wait he was sure his son would return shortly ... or at least that is what he told himself.

Darien looked upon the monster, and knew at once that the crystal was his. The question was, how to get it. Just as he was pondering this, the creature stirred from it's slumber, and rose to it's full height. From head to toe, it was probably a good twelve feet tall. Certainly a monstrosity by anyone's standards. Looking around, Darien found no means of weapon or defense. However, instead of panicking, he walked right up to the creature with utter defiance. Unclasping his training saber from his belt, he ignited it, filling that section of the cave with a red glow. His eyes bored into that of the creature's. He was ready to fight.

Lucien paced the cave. It had not yet been too long. He walked back toward the passage and stood still listening but he heard nothing. He listened for a few minutes then returned to pacing. He continued to reassure himself in his head that his son was fine. He stopped and sat in a corner and relaxed. Then he began to seek Darien's force signiture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom