Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Rhaegos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhaegos
rsz_ar10.jpg

Image Credit: Here
Name: Rhaegos
Loyalties: Mordecai Zambrano, the Dragon Lord
Role: Companion, Steed, Warmount
Development Threads:
Species: Alchemically Modified Arkanian Dragon
Force-Sensitive: N/A
Appearance: Rhaegos is medium sized, pitch-black, and full of malice and anger. Between his eternal snarl, sun-hued eyes, and menacing demeanor, there isn't much to say about him. It's not hard to tell that he is still a mere adolescent when compared to the rest of his kind or draconic species, but the alchemization process sped his growth exponentially and his power, strength, and speed are rivaled by none.
Personality: Cold, hard, and emotionless are words used to describe him. Although he doesn't talk much (because he's a dragon), it's easily noticeable that he takes after his caretaker and lord, Mordecai. He had been raised from birth by the man and took after him in nearly every way, seemingly becoming a literal translation of man to dragon in, in a sense. Rhaegos obeys none besides his master and is still extremely hesitant to take other riders, even if they're experienced. Pride may be his largest weakness. Rhaegos adores showing off by wiping out entire battalions single-handedly, razing entire cities, and bringing back half-dead foes in his jaws. Any affection from Mordecai is happily accepted.
Weapons of Choice: Claws, fangs, tail, fire breathing. Self-explanatory abilities.
Wealth: N/A
Combat Function: Rhaegos was designed entirely for the purpose of war: and he's good at it. Though he's hardly seen without his rider, Mordecai, he's capable of wiping out large elements of soldiers all by his lonesome. Given his abilities at fire-breathing and being able to fly almost 120 KPH, his lightning fast strikes make it almost impossible for ground-pounders to respond to him. In addition, his rough, alchemized hide is entirely lightsaber resistant although slugthrowers (AP rounds) and starship cannons are more than likely to pierce through it. His fangs and claws are terrifyingly efficient when in close combat as well and skewer, slice, and cleave through the enemy like a warm knife through butter. Rhaegos' tail can often be used as a whip, especially when wanting to tip over hostile walkers or tanks.
Skills: Rhaegos boasts very little skills outside of his combat parameters. He's got an innate ability to know the location of his master at all times and his vocal cords are still growing, which may mean being able to speak in the future.
Notable Possessions: N/A
Other Notes: Personal history to be added in Submission Modification following completion of past-tense RP thread.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Not an alchemical creature per se. Merely modified its hide. I don't quite think a dragon that has the exact same attributes that a average Arkanian Dragon has besides the master-creature bond and a stronger hide requires an entirely new submission.

If you absolutely need one, I can do that. I'd just rather not.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
@[member="Mordecai Zambrano"] as this is an NPC there are some different rules. (you can make an NPC AI for background interaction without submission or dev thread) so for this I am going to bring in the codex admin @[member="Valiens Nantaris"] to get a ruling. I wouldn't really want a submission but that is not my decision.

@[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Both combat and storyline purposes.

As of late, I've been plotting with another character who is to be Mordecai's daughter and this very dragon will play an integral role in developing the long-lost relationship and playing a part in the histories of both characters.

@[member="Mordecai Zambrano"]
No dragon PCs are allowed, and I'm going to extend that to NPCs as it is too easy to just make one and get around this rule.

So you can have this (possibly) approved on the condition it never takes to the battlefield.

Two reasons:
  1. Since that was made, the Codex was created which puts restrictions on NPC creation. The banned species list will require an update.
  2. I'm not stopping you making the NPC submission or stopping it being approved. I'm only stopping it being used against PC characters. If you can abide by this, the submission may be accepted.

I will not agree that I won't take it to the battlefield, but I can assure you that if I come into contact with PCs during one such occurrence that Rhaegos will not be used. ICly the reasoning behind that would be to quite literally "fight like a man" and do it one-on-one or something around those lines. The entire IC purpose for Rhaegos was to be a warmount and companion and cutting out that is like cutting out the heart of a man.

I can and will abide by limited restrictions, I just ask to be able to utilize this submission to at least some extent to which it was created.

I'm going to give you some leeway here as it's a tricky subject.

I'll look into this sub now and approve/deny it on its merits if we agree on one final thing. If approved you may use it as you wish. However, if it is approved, I don't want to hear reports about it being abused. If it is...old draco is going to meet his Waterloo.

Acceptable?

OK, good.

Now...I'm going to want a dev thread for the creation of the dragon as a Sithspawn. Or expand your current one to cover it in greater detail.

This is a big submission, so it needs to be done properly.

That was my intention. The current linked development thread is a past tense one for Mordecai and Nickolas Imura to gain their companions as babies and alter them very slightly. That is, creating the Force bond and then strengthening their hides.

Timeframe shouldn't take too long. My partner, Nickolas Imura, recently came back from LOA so we're gonna be churning out posts in no time. As for the latter part, I don't mind either option. If you Codex peeps need to keep this place clean, by all means, archive it.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Sorry for the delays. School and other RL musings have plagued both myself and my partner for this development thread.

Since my partner, Nickolas Imura, has left the site, I'd like for this to go ahead and be judged. If your ruling still stands as it is and requires another development thread to full ingrain the IC detail of Rhaegos, I can do a self-written one ASAP.

[member="Mordecai Zambrano"]
Sorry for the delay, didn't see this until now.

I'll take a thread written by you, but more people would be preferred. If it's just you I'd like a thread of 15 posts, each at least a paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom