Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reviving Kesh: The Empire's First Contribution

Keatoch

Vice Admiral of The Elysium Empire

Grand Admiral Keatoch was aboard HMS Csilla, his Unity-I Star Destroyer. The destroyer sat in the center of a spread out formation of ships: Keatoch's Battlegroup(2nd one). The fleet orbited around Kesh, a territory devastated by Bryn'adul control. The story was familiar: The Bryn came, conquered, and committed genocide on all living things. Then they terraformed the planet, making it suitable to themselves, but toxic to most other species.

Keatoch was in the diplomatic room, once an extra storage space, but now converted into a cozy, temperature controlled space with carpet, couches, a big screen, and a table. Hovering next to him, his new protocol droid, sent to him from Imperial territory. Soon it was expected that Solan Charr Solan Charr would be meeting The Grand Admiral here to discuss how The Empire could help restore Kesh to its' former glory.

Keatoch's orders were to give many concessions, but to secure Solan Charr's position as an ally in the process. It was similar to his work on Mandalore, where he earned hearts and minds, protecting convoys, and speaking on behalf of The Empire for over a year. Though, he silently hoped for a quicker job this time....

Sadly, Solan was no longer capable to be at such meetings, for as most knew he was dead and had died during the fall of the planet. The man in charge of keeping the Keshiri together was instead his son, the young man who reached over and pulled at his clothing, thinking to himself how perhaps he should have sent his sister to this meeting but he knew it would be improper to not be here himself. He scratched at his head, breathing in and entering the room, his hands crossed behind him and his eyes opening to take in the scene.

Before the Grand Admiral would be the relatively young man, somewhere in his twenties by the look of it. A saber hung from his side, the normal hallmark of someone that would use the force and command it. He refused to have it removed, much like a Jedi in his insistence to keep it but clearly not of the same temperament. No he seemed a bit more suspicious, clearly not certain as to why the Elysium Empire would care for the Scar Worlds and keeping himself controlled in emotion and voice.

"I thank you for your interest in the plight of my people, and had not expected this fleet of yours and its appearance over my home. If you do not mind, I would have an introduction from my host, I am Edric Charr, King of what remains of Kesh and its people." He looked towards the chair near him, standing beside it for now during introductions, not wanting to sit quite yet until that was out of the way.

Keatoch Keatoch

Keatoch

(Sorry, had no idea he was dead!)

The man was not Solan Charr, the man Keatoch was told ruled the remaining nations of Kesh. Yet he introduced himself as King? Intriguing. He also shared the same last name as Solan...so it was a relative. Too young to be a brother, so a son? Nephew? Clearly there was something off here.

"I am Grand Admiral Keatoch, of The Elysium Empire. Please, take a seat, we have much to discuss. More than I had expected, it seems." He motioned to the chair, "Pardon me for asking, but where is Solan Charr, and what is your relationship to him? I was informed that he was the king here?"

The Grand Admiral was going through the possibilities in his head. There was always the chance that there was inaccurate information from The Empire. Its' intelligence agencies were new, and consisted of large networks of civilians across planets in the outer rim and core of the galaxy. Mistakes were common. There was also the chance that this man was a fake...perhaps to guard the real king, or maybe to spy on The Empire before accepting them onto the planet.

It seemed Keatoch would simply need to wait for the man to answer him in order to figure this out.

Edric noted the surprise rather quickly, thinking over what could be causing it but then realizing that the news of his father's death may not have been as public knowledge as he had considered. While he had never kept it a secret, he did not advertise that Solan had died fighting the Bryn when Kesh had fallen, so him being gone was not something everyone had known and he was far more famous than Edric or his sister.

"Thank you Grand Admiral. As for the location of my father Solan Charr, he was sadly killed when Kesh had fallen all that time long ago. He had sacrificed himself to wipe out a rather sizable force of those... pests." He would move to sit, letting the two of them rest in their chairs and talk as equals.

"I am his son, if that fact was not made obvious, and as such I and my Sister lead our people in the effort to reclaim our home and that of our people's homes and history." He tapped his hand for a few seconds before smiling at the man, seeing him clearly mulling something over.

"I do promise you that you will not find anything to worry about with that change, while I am not quite as capable as my father, my Sister is much more like him in ability and effectiveness on the battlefield, my place is more precisely in settings like this where a steady mind is more necessary."

Keatoch Keatoch

Keatoch

The Admiral quickly gave a slight tilt and bow of the head at the news that Soran Charr was deceased. It was a surprise, but the man's body language and looks verified that he is indeed Solan's child, and he is telling the truth. Keatoch listened as the boy explained that his sister had better combat capabilities, while he had the administrative talent. A good balance.

"I see. I apologize, it appears that The Empire's intelligence in this sector is outdated...likely due to the distance between the capital and this planet. I'm sorry for your loss...and I hope that these talks can bring honor to your father's legacy. The first order of business is to ask, what does this planet require the most for its' reconstruction? I am authorized to utilize everything The Empire has available to help...be it funds, military support, logistics..."

Edric looked over his imperial counterpart as the two of them took a seat, knowing that he was being judged just as intently. It was important for both of them to understand the other, for them to think over and make sure their best interests aligned. He would not sugarcoat that things would probably be a bit rough when it came to any relief effort, especially with the Sith taking an interest in the situation as well.

"Well, the recent history of things aide, I think that the most important thing to talk over is just that, what my home requires. Brynadul are not exactly the most preservation focused people themselves, leaving my home scarred and damaged. The most important thing we require would be that of resources and machines to terraform my home back into its natural state. Followed by that, it is the reconstruction of cities and logistics to maintain my people's remaining military..." He paused, settling his hands in his lap.

"Are such things in the minds of the Elysium Empire a worth while pursuit?"

Keatoch Keatoch

Keatoch

Keatoch listened closely, though the man's answer was exactly what The Grand Admiral expected it to be. As far as he knew the terraformation project King Heath Valhoun still wasn't completed. However the Empire had allocated quite a few funds to help The Scar Worlds. Perhaps too many credits. Keatoch assumed they were to be used on multiple planets, but he could certainly promise some funds here.

"The Empire is willing to provide anything required to help rebuild this planet. However, we will need something in return. Specifically we want loyalty. The Empire is dedicating a massive amount of resources, not just to your planet, but planets around it. In these scenarios there is no way for the planets to repay The Empire, at least not fully, and so King Valhoun has asked that before I dedicate any resources, each planet we support should promise to support us militarily, and to continue trade, even after a full recovery is made. So, King, do we have your word?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom