Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revival

[SIZE=12pt]The sun was coming up. That was what woke the woman. Well, not just one sun, but two suns. That was new. She had seen plenty of deserts, though she could not remember where. That was odd, wasn’t it? Still, she was thankful she didn’t wake up with a start. Though she did wake up feeling heated. Not angry, but her head was heavy, and it felt like she had a night of heavy drinking. Dry mouth, headache, and just that feeling of malaise.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She slowly got to her feet. Where was she? Looking around there was a ship. And for whatever reason she knew it was a Beskad Patrol Ship. This one was a flat black with silver stripes. Pleasing to her. Surveying the vastness of nothing around her, she made her way to the ship. The blonde was wearing jeans, and a black tanktop. A gunbelt was around her waist, no gun, though, just shells.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Slugthrower.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Not blaster. Blasters weren’t all they were cracked up to be. She knew that slugthrowers had a variety of options. She really liked that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Stepping up to the vessel, she ran her hands along it, and by muscle memory entered the code that let down the boarding ramp. That was… well, odd. But she’d seen worse. It was like how she knew there was a gun on the table in the main lounge of the vessel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When she walked up the gangaway and through the ship, there was a Czerka slugthrower with a revolving chamber and a scope on it. Nodding, she was expecting that as she picked it up and holstered the gun. “Now, ship, lets see where I’m from.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There was something off, she looked at her arm, but couldn’t tell of any scarring…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Entering what must be her password into the ship’s main computer, the blonde pulled up the ship log. It was erased. She was able to get that this was Tatooine. In the Abrion Corporate Alliance. Oh, so a business focused area? That was… something. But the ship registration was still here. Peyton Steele, Omega Protectorate-based mercenary. The ship was a Beskad class, like she thought, named the Cazador. That was good. Right, so she was Peyton, lived in the Omega Protectorate… That was at least something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Right, now what?” She spoke as she tapped through the screen. A few files, mostly just corrupted data. Journal entries. Nothing major. Was she a Mando? No, that didn’t feel right. Still, the data was… not all broken. Central Posi--- what was that? Seemed like a place, at least. Should chase that down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Still, there was something… different, with her. She felt more open, more aware. What was going on? She wasn’t sure. Stepping through the ship, things felt familiar, yet strange. Odd. Walking into the hangar, there was a speeder bike. And she had noticed the ship was low on fuel. Time for a ride into town?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After a drink. And a bite to eat. Stepping into the galley, she pulled up her datapad. And things were going a little too fast.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What was going on here?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Looked like Mos Eisley was the nearest city. What better place to start?[/SIZE]

[member="Peyton Steele"]

Delta happened to be on board, riding as a freebooter. He had been away on business to the outer territories for the OP but hitched a ride with the woman. She was alone and he figured now was aas good a time as any to reveal his presence. Gingerly he crawled out from his cubbyhole in the wall and racked his rifle, pointing the slughtrower straight at her back.

"Excuse me there ma'am, are you the owner of this vessel?"

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Peyton Steele"] [member="KX-13 Delta"]
Noah sighed as he rode on the speeder. If Steele checked her messages she would notice there was a backlog of at least seven messages from a man named Colonel N. Corek. The first few messages were about getting a few drinks at a bar on Fondor and the others were sounding more concerned about if she was okay. Finally the last message said he was coming to Tatooine and finding her. Noah was a untrusting of sorts and he had placed a tracker on her patrol ship before she left Fondor. So now he had tracked her to a few kilometers outside Mos Eisley, finally her ship came into few and after a minute of driving he finally stopped a couple meters from her ship, Noah hopped off his speeder bike and looked at the ship before calling out. "Hey Steele, you in there?"

Peyton was a bit confused, a bit taken aback. What was going on here? Before making a move, she figured it was probably a good idea to take a step and check messages. Something in her mind told her it might be smart.

Probably her upbringing, always check everything. It was like her father played those hologames and went for 100% completion, and that translated to childcare. Something different, wasn’t it? She was scrolling through her messages. Corek… That name sounded familiar, but there was… She was getting angry now. Like there was a dead zone in her mind.

Apparently she knew Corek, but… it wasn’t clicking. And he was able to track her? Where had she gone? It seemed, from the read she was doing on her journal that she was a bit of a mercenary. Seemed right. And with the tone in the messages things had been down? What? Weeks? A few months?

She’d get that all pieced together later, she assumed.

She felt a presence almost as fast as she heard it. That was new… Turning when the voice started, she pulled her pistol from its holster, lightning fast.

Peyton had blue eyes, not the ice blue of a gunslinger, but she was still one all the same. Looking at the being pointing a gun at her, she surveyed him. “Apparently I am. How long have you been here?” How long was this ship on Tatooine?

And then she heard another voice from outside. What was going on?

OOC Note: Peyton’s been o a mission that went awry. So she’s been gone somewhere for at least a month, less than three. Memory all fuzzy and more to come as the story develops.

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="KX-13 Delta"]

[member="Peyton Steele"]

KX lowered his weapon slightly, trusting the girl wasn’t going for her own. As he surveyed her his trained eyes marked each piece of gear she wore and he began to assess her character.

"Um for quite some time ma'am. Ran into some troubles on the outer rim and had to hitch a ride with ya. I'm headed back to the Protectorate."

Delta looked around. She didn't have much here which made it hard to place her profession.

"Lt Delta, Omega Pyre. And you are?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Peyton Steele"]
Noah sighed after a few minutes he had been sitting out here and he finally decided to come on it. Going over to the board ramp, Noah reached for the keypad and typed in the code to lower the ramp. The reason Noah knew the code was that he had been the one to acquire the ship for her, so it seemed right for him to know the code. Once Noah walked up the ramp and into the cargo bay, he was meet with the sight of one of his lieutenants and Peyton pointing weapons at each other. "Her name Lt is Peyton Steele, she's a Protectorate sponsored mercenary. She's been AWOL for the past month after she went on a mission. I've been a bit miffed because I had scheduled a sort of date with her and she stood me up." Noah informed them, a voice a bit miffed as he looked at Peyton.

Right, so her speaking on her own was out, apparently. That was fine. She had hesitated when it came to her own name. Blinking once then twice as [member="Noah Corek"] spoke on her behalf, she nodded. Must be her. The ship said it, now another person, a member of the Omega Protectorate was stating it was well. So, she’d go with it for now.

“A date? Listen… I… Not sure what happened to me on that last mission I ran off on. Everything’s a bit off. How long have I been missing? How long have I been gone?”

Apparently home was the Protectorate.

[member="KX-13 Delta"]

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Peyton Steele"]

Delta snapped a quick salute to his superior officer noah and stood back away from the two. His eyes wandered about the cargo hold as he waited for them to finish their conversation. He had been taught not to be rude, and interrupting was rude. But finally the question burned on his lips.

"This assignment you gave me was more than just fate then sir? Perhaps an insurance policy?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Peyton Steele"] [member="KX-13 Delta"]
Noah scratched his chin. "Well this explains why you didn't answer my messages and stood me up." Noah informed her as he looked around the cargo bay and found what he was looking for. Dragging the large crate over, Noah set it down and pulled three smaller crates up to act as chairs and motioned for the two to sit down. When Delta spoke, Noah nodded a bit. "In a sense yes Lieutenant. On to your question Peyton, you've been gone for at least a entire month now. From what I've gathered from the daily mission reports you sent back, things had gotten a bit tense between your employer and you."

Sure, maybe [member="Noah Corek"] was her superior, but there were still parts of Peyton that hadn’t made sense. She hadn’t made a complete crossover in her mind yet. A door was still between her now and her in the past, the whole idea of Peyton was in a sort of dead zone.

She almost did feel bad for standing him up. Wasn’t something she’d do.

Stepping over to the crates, Peyton took a seat and watched [member="KX-13 Delta"]. What were they doing on her ship? “Any word on which client I was working on?” She wasn’t sure if she was the type to take extra jobs. But if she’d gone missing and it was only now that her boss found her…

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Peyton Steele"]
Noah scratched his head and took out his datapad and began to search through the dozen of reports that she had sent in to him detailing her mission. "According to this, it was a man who was called Dr. Fesoj Elegnem. From what you said, he was a geneticist and needed protection because he had been getting death threats from some terrorist group over what they called unethical. That was your second to last report, your last detailed about how you found out something Disturbing about Elegnem and you'd tell me when you got some more proof. But that was your last report and you went dark after that."

Dzehyms couldn't believe what he was seeing, a Beskad Patrol ship was rare in the more populated parts of the galaxy, but he never expected to see one out here in the Outer Rim.

After circling overhead a few times, Dzehyms began his ship's descent. Ever since he was a child, he had been fascinated by every kind of ship imaginable, even old junkers. His own vessel was an HWK-290, "The Gambit", a light freighter with several special modifications. Once the shock pads hit the ground, he hopped out of the pilot's chair and made his way outside, hoping to speak to the owner of the impressive ship. Not many things gave him reason to be excited, but talking to a fellow traveler was something Dzehyms always enjoyed.

Making his way to the gangway of the patrol ship, Dzehyms called out: "Hello in there? I must say you have one beautiful ship!" That was typically enough to engage most spacers in conversation, but he waited for a reply before entering.

THEME: Tatooine, the Desert Sands
TAGS: [member="Dzehyms Arrin"] [member="Noah Corek"] [member="Peyton Steele"] [member="KX-13 Delta"]

GZy6wjM.jpg

Twin suns scorched the very planet.
The near-inhospitable Tatooine was as ever dreary, dry and dreadful as any other day. Though, for Corwil Branpri, visitors near the edge of his property had shown themselves. He wasn't sure how long the mysterious ship had been docked on the flats, but he was certain that he didn't know them. The moment he caught wind off of the news he had buckled himself into his X-34 land speeder, throwing a pair of MB450 macrobinoculars in the back seat along with his Fallann hyper-rifle. He now stood perched atop a cliff-face in the Jundland Wastes, in the southwestern quadrant of the Dune Sea. His identity was called by the for boding Ubese raider armor he wore, typically to ward off any would-be bandits on his moisture farm, or the occasional Tusken Raider that knew of the Ubese reputation, but he was not Ubese, yet he wasn't far from it, either. He was a Human.

With a pair of macrobincoulars up to his faceplate, and a hyper-rifle slung over his shoulder, he watched from afar. The cliff gave him the advantage of the high ground, from their position they wouldn't see his speeder, and the length he set between himself, all they would see is a speck in the distance, or a glint of reflective light from his binoculars. Somewhere whizzed overhead, the roar of an engine echoed across the vast wastelands, and the speed had spawned a dust cloud right into the farmers face. He tossed his binoculars away, favouring a set of free hands to fan the dust away from his helmets breathing apparatus. "Fething bantha fodder," he muttered in agitation, and then the thought struck him. When the winds from that HWK-290 had died away, he moved back to his speeder, sitting on its bonnet, lazily holding the binoculars to his eyes with his left hand, as he had freed the helmet from his face, and began to eat into a sandwich with roasted bantha meat that he held in his right.

A geneticist did that to her? She wasn’t so sure. Though… who knew. She was spacing on where she was, and that meant she didn’t know a damned thing. She was a liability. And with her track record, she could have pulled another mission or two, something freelance. Running a hand through her long blonde hair before tying it up in a ponytail, she nodded to [member="Noah Corek"].

“Yeah, I don’t think I’d report anything without proof.” At least this Peyton wouldn’t.

When the other voice came into earshot, she instinctively grabbed her pistol. Almost too fast. Looking to Noah, she eyed the boarding ramp. “Friends coming?”

[member="Corwil Branpri"] [member="Dzehyms Arrin"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Peyton Steele"] [member="KX-13 Delta"] [member="Corwil Branpri"] [member="Dzehyms Arrin"]
Noah looked down at the ramp when other voices we heard, reaching down he pulled his own revolver out of its holster. "No I was't expecting anyone. Delta, take up a firing position I'll go out and speak with them." Noah said as he stepped out and raised his hand in greeting. "Morning gentlemen."

Great, more guests. And unexpected at that. Peyton nodded at [member="Noah Corek"]. She would just kind of wait. Who knew what would happen if she saw certain people? Maybe she didn't care for them, maybe they didn't care for her, but this whole mind erased thing? That was bad.

But what was that beat she had in her head. Ear worm, but where did she hear that song?

It felt familiar but far away.

Hmmm.

Looked like quite the crowd was forming up near that ship he'd spotted out in the open. It had been there for quite a little while without any activity or anything buzzing about it. Not even their sensors had pinged him as an incoming vessel until a man on a speeder had just walked right in, unarmed. Probably a friend of whoever owned the thing. Lok had to admit it, it was a nice little piece of tech and he didn't mind getting his hands all over that stylish paint job. He could either sell it, salvage it, or use it himself. Any of those sounded good to him.

Something else bleeped on the swoop bike's radar. The Silk-6 kicked into a higher gear, veering off course to zoom in closer to a landspeeder. Looked like it was a damn Ubese piloting the thing. A taste of both disgust and anger made Lok spit at the thing. Ubese weren't known for liking anyone besides themselves and Lok had had too many encounters with them to call any of those things friends.

Whatever this Ubese wanted, Lok prayed to be able to hold him at gun-point sooner or later.

[member="Peyton Steele"], [member="Noah Corek"], [member="Corwil Branpri"], [member="Dzehyms Arrin"], [member="KX-13 Delta"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom