Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review the writer behind the shades

Clearly, given you've just changed your name again.

You need to pick an idea and stick with it. Few people will commit to RPs with someone who might change their characters in a week and leave them flat.

You've got good ideas, but you need to pick one and actually stick with it. That's all anyone can suggest.

Valiens Nantaris said:
You've got good ideas, but you need to pick one and actually stick with it. That's all anyone can suggest.
Nice to know my ideas are liked at least. As for sticking with my ideas, I am wondering why I RP if I have too many ideas in my head to begin with tbh Also, this one is like a lite version of Anarchis to me in the fact that it's another PC based lightly off myself, but as a NFU. Ya see, Anarchis is my dark side, Terry is my love of technology as a whole.

And seeing that I am ranting, I'll end with this: If I can just have better things to focus myself than what I currently do, maybe I could stick to a good idea

The easiest way to pick an idea and stick with it is to NOT start working on it the second it pops up into your mind. Let it simmer there for a few weeks, write out plot points and development ideas for said idea in your mind, maybe write some blog posts or create some submissions for the Codex and the Factory in preparation for said idea. If after a few weeks you are still eager to play out this idea you created, have put in some tangible effort in regards to this idea through solo blog posts or fluff creation, have a general idea of what you want to create and where you want to take it in both the short term and mid-term department, and the passion is still there, then make that idea a reality.

Also, expand your horizon. Stop inserting bits of yourself into the characters since this, generally speaking, makes you play out the same character with a different quirk that minimally differentiates them apart in some departments. Expand your horizon, you're more likely to stick to a character you have to think about how he will act in any given situation than simply think "What would I do in this situation."

[member="Yvette Dusong"]

Good points there. I mostly made Terry like me in one aspect and that's just a love of technology. Anarchis however, is literally my darker half, so your point does make sense, I'm just commenting on it as a way of showing why I currently have done what I've done xD

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

well, this PC was with The Horde once, then The New Order, and now The Imperial Remnant and Droid Rights Movement

Anyway, this droid feels more natural to me at this point xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom