Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Revelation-Class Gunship

Status
Not open for further replies.
four_horseman_01.jpg
Image Credit
Intent: To create a new product for Koensayr in a class of ship not already flooded with open-market options.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Koensayr Manufacturing
Model: Revelation-Class Gunship
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Minor
Production: Major
Material: Durasteel, Glassteel
Description: Somewhat cramped for both its passengers and its parts, the Revelation is Koensayr's attempt to create a popular and dependable multi-roll gunship platform for the open market. Reliable at a good cost that wont bankrupt anybody, not much stands out about the ship besides the rear-facing mine layer added in to fend off pursuing fighters as the rest of the gunship's weapons are limited to the front and sides with very restricted back-angles. The seating in the passenger bay can be removed to cram in another eight tons of cargo or a pair of speeder bikes for the crew but all ships are sold with bench seats running along the walls of the narrow bay back to the rear boarding ramp from which soldiers can rappel. The ship's variable geometry engines vector their thrust where it's needed most allowing hair-pin turns in city streets and rapid speed and altitude changes in atmosphere; they fold shut when not in use to save hanger space and to hold them off the ground.

The ground mapping system from the Black Sun's Graul-class Dropship was shamelessly stolen and incorporated in an under-nose module to provide the newest possible data on local conditions to any CIC while enemy armor is reported by the Revelation's own targeting suite. Together a dozen of these in conjunction with orbital imaging can help cut through the haze of battle and allow proper coordination of the troops they're there protect. Launching of the Void mines is achieved via dedicated launch tubes nestled under the waist engines that push the mines out with just enough force to clear them of the ship and send them in the right general direction before a proximity fuse activates. Such weapons are susceptible to outside forces like gravity and lack their own propulsion systems, instead relying on momentum to carry them.

Classification: Gunship
Role: Multirole
Height: 4.6 meters
Width: 8 meters
Length: 15 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 2
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 5
Armaments:

• Three Dual Laser Turret
  • Four Concussion Missile Launchers
  • Two Void-7 Seismic Charge launchers (3 mines each)
Hangar:
  • N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Advanced Targeting Systems
  • Mapping System
Passenger Capacity: 12
Cargo Capacity: 2 Tons
Consumables: 1 Week
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 4

Hey how are the charges dispensed? like a missile? just ejected out a port? or is that the mine layer you spoke of in the description? I just want you to go into a bit more detail of the use of the seismic charges

@[member="Domino"]

The Void-7 is a type of mine, more specifically the one Jango used in the asteroid field field in Attack of the Clones. Standard launching would be a dedicated launch tube that pushed the mine out with just enough force to clear it of the ship and send it in the right general direction before a proximity fuse was activated. Such a weapon would be susceptible to outside forces like gravity and would lack it's own propulsion systems relying on it's own momentum.
Would you like for me to add that to the write up? I'm altering the weapons list so the mines reads like a missile launcher in terms of tubes/ammo.
@[member="Alli Wren"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom