Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Reuss and Roulette

“This mission is of the utmost importance. Reuss VIII is a very poisonous planet with the atmosphere being extremely toxic to most species. It has been discovered to be the perfect base of operations for a faction that, according to intel, is producing chemical compounds that are feeding locusts on the planet. The idea is that these insects will be released amongst the masses and a sting from them or even their blood on your skin can contaminate your blood and eventually kill you. Mass effects or even if there is a cure ready in case of an event such as this, we are unsure of. One thing is certain before this plan can come to fruition, we must destroy the facilities. The chemical plants located are in a mountainous region near an abandoned industrial facility. There are three plants in operation and visibility is limited. Several scientists are also being held against their will and working for this faction to produce this chemical. We need to extract them before the bombing of these chemical plants. We need zero casualties on this one unless you encounter hostiles. The Authoritative Faction, Strike Force Alpha has employed a ground team that consists of certain agents. Foster, Your up leading a squad of four as we can only spare so many for this operation. Kidd, You are second in command, eyes in the sky. Any questions, see Captain Jadon Daivol.”

Tag: Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
''How is your brother doing?'' Kathryn asked in a moment of pause in the briefing, with the good intention to keep the mood light and comfortable for the young pamarthe pilot. From what Kath had seen, the Kydd's were good people and very able pilots. They were a great asset to the Alliance, however Maren Kydd Maren Kydd struck her as a bit too eager sometimes. Just like a younger Foster being a frequent guest at the admirals office.

Other people were just filled to the brim with cruelty, like these terrorists on Reuss VIII. It made Kathryn feel as much ill as she became determined to put an end to their operation. This time though, the commander wanted her to lead the ground team. Thus why she were dressed in armor and battle gear, helmet under her arm.

''Sir? Any intel on what their strenght would be on the ground? If we want to be absolutely sure to destroy those chemical compounds, we'd have to resort to incendiary strikes, and I would prefer to secure the facility and get everyone out of there before Kydd here levels it to the ground. A much better, and more humane alternative, would be a search and destroy operation.'' she said, making her attitude to the matter very clear. The Alliance should not have to give in to unnecessary violence.

''How is your brother doing?'' Kathryn asked in a moment of pause in the briefing, with the good intention to keep the mood light and comfortable for the young pamarthe pilot.
Alyssa smiled gleefully. She was excited and somewhat nervous for the mission at hand. But it did not deter her from her focus on what needs to be done. She knew this operation was covert, but the way the General explained the mission made it sound like one of suicide.

"Oh...You know Maren Kydd Maren Kydd . Same as usual. Off saving the Galaxy. One mistake at a time!" She chuckles lightly before addressing Fosters question.

"To be honest, There may be more to this story than is being said. I agree...We need to clear the facility completely before bombing the hell out of it."

The General took a glance at Foster and nodded.

"The ground forces are unknown. We can assume there is heavy security around the base of operations. These chemical plants are highly explosive, and with the atmosphere the way it is, I would guess they're not stupid enough to use live cell ammunition or explosives. However, Emp's and hand to hand combat is very possible. Hostile forces should be taken care of and the innocent extracted as a top priority. I would say to prepare for a gunfight regardless but I am sure you know this already Foster." He nods as he looks immediately to Kidd. "I expect your squadron to make one run at this..As you may not have time for a swing around if you miss...So teamwork and coordination is a must. The briefing room in detail along with a holonet image of the facility is in the War Room with Captain Daivol.

Kathryn chuckled in delight to the answer that Maren was alright and doing what he did best, dodging one admirals office after the other. She didn't know wether he was still flying for the CIS, or the Ascendancy as were their new name, or had transfered over to the Alliance along with his sister. They had met on a few occasions under the old CIS banner. The first one being at the Arkanis Naval Academy where Kathryn had been a little flattered to be called a ''legend'', which she absolutely thought she was not.

''Did he... transfer with you?'' she asked while also listening to the generals briefing.

The briefing gave away that this was not exactly going to be a walk in the park, but Foster had confidence in her team and Alyssa and the other pilots above. They would carry out this mission with the same precision and attention to details as always. Play by the book. Get creative when the book didn't have the answer, but still minding own security above all else.

Colonel Foster nodded affirmative at the general.

''Copy that, sir. It doesn't exactly sound like a place where you want to be all guns blazing.'' she said, before turning her gaze to her team.

''We'll have to take it door by door. One room at a time. It'll not be an easy one, but I have full confidence in you all... as well as in Kydd and her squadron.'' Foster declared and gave each of them a longer gaze to check their real status and thoughts about the mission. They could not have been more ready. Everyone looked sharp and focused. Signs that could not make a colonel prouder. ''Proceed to the hangar bay and make final preparations. Me and Kydd will meet you all there after we've seen the captain. Dismissed.''

Last edited:
''Did he... transfer with you?'' she asked while also listening to the generals briefing.

Alyssa was relieved to hear the General give details about the possible security personnel. It had been a long time since she was able to feel fully confident about a mission. Looking at Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster her look of excitement faded quickly. Time passes quickly when you're a pilot. Dedication to the naval fleet meant you would move about often. Seeing a loved one r relative was highly cherished as you would never know how and or if you would ever see them again.

"He...He was not." She would sigh and then crack her neck. "I tell ya, being in the cockpit of those fighters surely makes your bones stiff!" She exclaimed with a smile to attempt to change the subject. She wanted to tell Kathryn how bad she was feeling and hurt that her brother was not there, but it wasn't the place for such emotions in her mind.

As the squadron began preparing and heading to the aircraft, Kidd looked back at Kathryn. "Have...Have you ever had to do something that you hated to do but without it being done...It could be detrimental to your way of living?" She asked while trying to think of how to say what she was feeling.

As likeable as Alyssa was, she were not the smoothest person around to try avoiding a subject. Kathryn narrowed her eyes slightly, wearing a more serious look to her face as Alyssa obviously missed her brother and wished that he was here with them. It was only one of the things that made them human, opposite the droids Foster had worked alongside with before. She knew the young pilots feelings. Many were the times that Kathryn herself had missed her family when touching the edges of Wild Space along with Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause . However, the bonds between a pilots squadron and the ties the soldier had with his squad were in many cases equally strong. It was another kind of family.

Confident steps led them on their way through the corridors towards captain Daivols office, but before they reached it Kydd presented her with a question as big as it was enigmatic. Kathryn gave it a good thought and zoned out ahead of the corridor for a second, before she came to think of a particular patrol on Geonosis, where she had clinched completely with Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red . She had almost shot and killed him, one of her own, to save a little pirate girl that had tried to kill them but were simply born at the wrong time and into the wrong company.

''Heh, yeah!'' Kathryn uttered without a doubt and looked at Kydd. ''Sometimes, it can be incredibly hard to choose between two or more things that you consider all good things. In the end of the day, you still just can choose one of them. You'll think about what have happened if you'd made another decision, it's only natural that we do, but you'll die thinking if you don't move on from it... Why?'' she explained, feeling the den mother inside her really care for and wanting Alyssa to speak her heart.

"Oh..Well to be honest, Iv'e done some things I'm not proud of. I have a track record of never leaving a teammate behind, and fighting for the cause of freedom, but it wasn't always my case. When operating as...well..Something different, I betrayed people to save myself. I even thought about two-timing my brother to get a promotion by taking credit for a rescue mission where the role I played was that of a coward. But like I said, all in the past." She explained as they approached Captain Daivol in the war room. He glanced up from the 3d image of the facilities on Reuss VIII.

"Ah. Welcome. Alyssa Kidd and Officer Kathryn Foster." He would stand at attention and salute them both. "Pleasure. Your reputation precedes you, Foster! Glad to have you on board." He exclaimed.

Kathryn listened to the younger pilots story. She were in good company. Kathryn didn't come from a flawless past in the military, either. You had to learn from it and push on. Hoist the flag high again carry on doing what you did best, with a few minor corrections here and there.

''I'm not the one to dig into peoples troubled pasts, as long as it's all in the past... Believe me, my file from the Academy ain't the most flattering reading. Everyone comes to that point in life where we see it. We grow up, and hopefully we could laugh at how dumb we were. If you ever wanna talk more about it, you know where to find me, Alyssa.'' Kathryn continued to explain, trying to give some comfort to the girl, before they reached the War Room where the captain would be waiting to give them the final details for the mission.

''Well, I don't know about that, but... I'm glad to be here, captain. Thanks.'' colonel Foster said in all modesty as they entered through the door, giving the captain a soft friendly smile. ''He didn't read my Academy file...'' she leaned towards and whispered jokingly to Alyssa, before examining the holographic images of the facility more closely.

''So, the easiest entry point would be...?'' she begin as a suggestion, but waited on the captain to fill in with his own knowledge about the facility.

''So, the easiest entry point would be...?'' she begin as a suggestion, but waited on the captain to fill in with his own knowledge about the facility.

Captain Daivol nodded at the two of them. "Right. The facility is over these hills here to the North of a recon base we have established. It's small but operational, and 12 feet underground. There is a cave entrance that is marked with a small post with our flag. Sensory droids protect the area. Inside the base, the ground team will find ammunitions and tracker boots needed to grip the sandy terrain much more efficiently. For the ground team, the easiest entry point is Noth side over the hill if you can get low enough to avoid their horizontal sensor alarm grid that covers a square radius of around 100 feet. The only other option would be going deep underground through the tunnel systems, but THAT is a greater risk as is leads up to the main shaft in the center building. According to intel, this would place you DIRECTLY underneath the scientific research center where the scientists operate. As stated before, They are innocent under the forced labor of this terror group.

As far as our strike team from above. You are cleared to launch the Sk-45 infantry missiles AFTER given the ok from the ground team. We only have enough ammunition for one "go" at this so timing and accuracy MUST be precise. I will be on audio and vid comm channel 4 to help you all with my live feed from here. Foster, We have dedicated a team of three to you, as we have to keep the ground forces small...Most production activity seems to be taking place at night, so the best time to get in there and extract by any means necessary would be 0200 hours at sunrise. Any questions so far?" Captain Daivol asks while glaring up at the two of them.

Colonel Foster listened closely while captain Daivol explained their options. She then looked at Kydd to see what she were thinking, before she chuckled and cracked a smirk in the corner of her mouth. He spoke to two of the more daring women in the Alliance, and Kathryn almost immediately deemed the tunnels as the best entry point. Her team could sneak in undetected while making an entry in the heart of the facility, immediately securing the research center and extracting the scientist, before giving Kydd and her squadron the go ahead to strike the facility. Providing that there was no civilian casualities, but if they went in that way, they would avoid the terrorists to grab and hold the scientist hostage.

''Oh, I think me and my team will be able to handle the tunnels. Besides, it would give us the moment of surprise and opportunity to get to the scientist and put them in safety, before the terrorists could get a hold of them. Quick in - quick out. I have full confidence in Kydd. I'll report when we're out, and then let her handle the rest.'' Kathryn said with a smile over at Alyssa.

''I think we're good then? Let's get this show on the road, shall we?'' she uttered encouraging, and put her helmet on, strapping it secure and tapped Kydd on her shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom