Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return to Dagobah

Mishel Kryze

M
Dagobah

Ruined Alliance Forward Base
[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"]
L258QGj.png

Mishel's boots crushed the remnants of duracrete beneath them.

Dagobah.

Ghosts walked here now, and she could feel it - the death of those who bled on this planet. She had told Coren about the crystal, she had read about it while on Monastery and again when they trained on Sullust. She wanted it for her lightsaber, her new lightsaber one that would mark her journey on the Jedi Path. Fitting that she should return here though, Mishel remembered that the crystal was why she had been drawn to the planet before the First Order decided to clean up after the Galactic Empire. Here, Samka Derith released her from servitude. No longer bound to the Ren - she was free to explore, free to become a Jedi.

The decision puzzled her then as it did now.

"It feels worse than it did then, at least then I knew it was a dark side nexus, but now?" Mishel shook her head as she looked over her shoulder to her master.

A smuggler had come along for the ride of hey, let's get swampfoot while I look for force stuff. "And thanks ... Kat'lariah? Kat'lariah, am I saying that right? Uh, well, thanks for coming along I'm sure there's plenty of scrap around so help yourself."

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Don't. Even. Think about it.
The Smuggler nodded absently, only half listening to the Jedi she was accompanying. The woman could feel the darkness as well, although she didn't know what it was. She felt uneasy standing here on these bloodied grounds. It wasn't until Mishel had said her name that she snapped out of the haze of nervousness that had come over her, "Huh? Oh yeah, you're saying it right, but you can just call me Kat." she said, perhaps a little quieter than she normally would have.

Following the Jedi, her eyes swept back and forth, one hand on her blaster, still in its holster, the other occasionally examining old junk the woman thought she might've been able to turn a profit on. So far, she'd turned up nothing however. "So, remind me again...what exactly is it that we're looking for?" the Smuggler asked.

[member="Mishel Noren"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"]

This was a world he hadn’t been to in far too long. Coren knew that the defense mounted at Dagobah was something else, but the world was still… Painful for him. The light in the world was here, the life that the Jedi fought to defend. But there was also a darkness around it. Something tainted for so many lives lost. What he was doing here was helping his student. The fact that Mishel was trusting him to be of assistance meant one of two things. Either she really trusted him, with his checkered past, or that she was just not listening to people.

Still, the master-student pair had made their way to the swamp world with a smuggler in tow. Would be helpful, after all, if they weren’t taking one of Coren’s higher profile ships. The Jedi Master had a few ideas for what he needed to do personally, but first, he needed everyone in his charge to be ready.

The months ahead were already feeling dark. And he needed to have everyone with him at the top of their game.

“This world, its seen so much battle, and not just in the past months, but in its lifetime. As log as we get in and out of here without that nexus becoming a bother…” He knew he had done his best to slow access to it, but the dark side was one of those things that was hard to stop.
He needed to be ready.

“Why is it you’re after this crystal?”

[member="Mishel Noren"]
[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"]

Mishel Kryze

M
Dagobah

L258QGj.png
Mishel took a few steps forward as she crossed the ruined base. "It makes the lightsaber teal," she grinned and then added in a flat tone, "plus it does some minor poisoning damage. Which would be useful but not for battle so much as being able to identify other crystals that impart that effect." The lightsaber craftswoman tucked loose strands of hair behind her ear, "it's the Dawn of Dagobah, lightsaber crystal - it's not used too often in lightsaber construction so it's fairly unique in that regard." She explained.

Coren was right Dagobah had seen a lot of battle, if her Galactic HIstory 1402 had been anything to go on from her Avalonia University days - the Dark Harvest happened here. "I have two sets of crystals I pulled from Kaeshana and I think one of them does the poison bit, but I'm not sure." It hadn't been much of an issue for Mishel, she'd kept what she called Ashira's Tears in a specialized case with Valora's Wrath in another case, the two seemed to be opposites at least as far as Mishel had studied but she needed to examine other crystals like them. "But more importantly, I'd like to use this as part of my new lightsaber construction."

Focusing lenses and emitters not withstanding, the crystal itself seemed pretty cool for what she wanted to build. Mishel took a deep breath and exhaled, "and yeah, the sooner we get out of here the better, because if that nexus doesn't end us, the First Order or the Ren will. They've never been keen on people trespassing through their territory and I'm sure that beacon we passed on the way here is already alerting Admiral Fancybot to interdict the system, so... let's hurry this up..."

Mishel took another breath, exhaled and flushed out the sounds of Dagobah and focused on the force.

She recalled the crystal from when she was last here, her head tilted as she searched the force for the crystal. "This way, c'mon," she said as she opened her eyes and continued their trek.

ffbBTO1.png

Dagobah a world once under Alliance Control, had now been under First Imperial hands for quite some time, and for the most part, it was. Recently traveling back to First Order space he had taken it upon himself to see the Dark Side Cave. The Alliance and the New Jedi Order had attempted to destroy the cave, but that was just one entrance. Upon further investigation after the battle, the Knights of Ren had discovered a deeper cave system. The Darkness could not be stopped and soon he knew the Alliance's end would be at hand. Taking the Disciple of Ren known as [member="Racosidae"] with him. He thought it would be best to train and show her the darkness of the cave. Dressed in his new armor, the dark side imbued Raiment of the Vigilant, combining a mix of Mandalorian, Sith, and Ubese Influence into the armor to make it completely unrecognizable than the first incarnation which had belonged to a Force Sect crushed by the Ren.

Within the Cave, he spoke to the young woman, his voice hidden behind the mechanical and garbled tone of the helmet. "Do you feel it young one.. Do you feel the power that comes from this place?" He said as his eyes wandered all over the cave walls feeling the powerful dark side aura, one that he did not feel unless being in the Bastion of Ren, or in Vader's Fortress on Mustafar. He felt the power of the darkness course through his veins and drank it in like liquid fire. He spent the time teaching the Disciple on how to draw power from a nexus as powerful as this, to let it's power fuel her and gain strength from it. He opened his eyes blasted with a vision of the Force. A great darkness befalling the galaxy, the Jedi Temples on Lothal and Coruscant in flames. The Knights of Ren standing by the Supreme Leader, lightsabers ignited covered in the darkness of the flames, First Order flags reigning across the Galaxy, but Kyrel when he saw himself the vision cut out. He grinned as he told the Disciple cheerfully. "I-I have seen something beautiful Disciple... Soon the Galaxy will be cleansed and Order would soon be brought to all remaining systems. I have seen it."

His words were purposefully cryptic, not wishing to disclose the full details of the vision, as suddenly he stopped speaking a Signature hitting him speaking in a whisper... "I sense a presence I haven't felt since.... The Abomination." He said as he grinned sadistically. He knew exactly who it was, the traitor that was a disgrace to the Ren, that was nothing more to a child that belonged to nowhere, not only that He sensed another Jedi was among them, pulling Vader's Bane from his hilt, he quickly stepped outside of the cave before looking at the Disciple. "It appears we have company.." He said locking on the signature of the old Disciple and like a beast to its prey was on the hunt, shortly following towards to meet them. Whatever reason they had come to First Order space. He would make sure that none would leave alive, or at least as a prize for the Supreme Leader.
[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] [member="Mishel Noren"] [member="Coren Starchaser"]​

Kat'Lariah Syphex

Kat couldn't help but snicker at the name, 'Fancybot', she'd have to keep that one in mind. "So this crystal...how many of them are there?" the woman asked, again, looking for anything she could make a profit off of. At this point, the least she was looking for was enough to cover the expenses of fuel, but one never knew, maybe one or two of these crystals could be her next payday.

Turning another piece of junk, the Smuggler found a series of discarded powercells along side a weapon. Nothing special, just a standard issue blaster, but something she could sell by the very least. Clipping that onto her belt she moved on following the two Jedi.

She'd never met either of them, but when she saw the posting looking for people to come on a mission to Dagobah, well she couldn't pass the opportunity up, especially if it meant flipping the finger to the First Order. Little did they know however, the Order was a bit closer than they'd first thought.

[member="Mishel Noren"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"]

Mishel Kryze

M
Dagobah

L258QGj.png

Mishel swore she heard the rumblings of a tin can somewhere as she continued their journey. "Not a lot actually, I mean these things are pretty hard to find and I had a pick on the location when I was here at first but... eh, Master Starchaser there and another turned this place into a cantina ball at the time." The Force Disciple felt through Dagobah once more, and sighed, "unfortunately it's harder to pick up now since this place is all kinds of mixed up." She knew smugglers, heck, she lived with a lot on that station over Kal'Shebbol, "pretty sure I got my rear handed to me by Emo Ren number forty-three last time too."

"This way," she gestured as they walked, "I think, or maybe that way, I'm not sure - the Force went bland there for a second."

She took a moment to kneel to the ground, Dagobah spoke of its horrors, the scars the planet bore were evident throughout the planet. She pushed out the sounds of the world again and focused as she tuned to the Force it spoke. Directing her to where the crystal would lay, and the obstacles getting there were not seen. "Right okay, we're going the right way, mostly... Just feels off."

It all made sense to Coren, getting the crystal that called to you. That was part of building a saber. Could be because of that, the reason the dark siders were full of hate. Their weapons were red crystals, many formed in a synthesizer. There was a connection that it lacked, but one that was inherently there, from construction of a lightsaber. He was going to do his best to help teach his student, and with that, it meant just being here, and being ready.

He knew what she was looking for, felt it the last time they were on this planet. Tilting his head to the side, he looked from the smuggler to his student. “You need to clear your mind. It’ll call to you.” He took a breath, clearing his mind and reaching out to Mishel. He pushed what he could, calm, collection, and focus, towards her.

The dark side was here. That was the problem. Something Coren knew all too well. The Sentinel took another breath, clearing his mind and reaching for the crystal. They could get there, it may take a little, and some roadblocks, but nothing he was going to worry about.

“Kat, how good are you with your weapons?”

[member="Mishel Noren"]

Kat'Lariah Syphex

"Oh you don't need to worry about that, trust me," the woman said, a cocky smile on her face. Not really one for boasting without cause, she was a crackshot, even under pressure. While her family had been skilled with sabers and the Force, Kat had never gotten the hang of that, she seemed to be 'cursed' with being a non-Forcer. So while her family had spent their time on mysticism and sickening experiments, Kat had honed her skill and paved her way to where she was today off of those skills. The Jedi Master wouldn't have to worry about her. "Why, you feel somethin' headin our way?" she asked.

Mishel Kryze

M
Dagobah

[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"]

L258QGj.png

Mishel calmed herself and knelt down to the ground, eyes closed and hands outstretched.

The young woman had been through a lot in her short life, heartache and tragedy seemed to be a running theme. And it was easy, she'll admit to give into the pain to let it take root in her heart and let it dictate her life. Funny that the crystal she was looking for was something that imparted a poison effect, because such dark thoughts were poison to anyone. When you allow the demons to settle in, when the thoughts of darkness take hold of your heart and soul. The world started to look bleak in those moments and Mishel was very familiar with just how bleak that world could look. She recalled the moments of depression while she sat in the home of the Ren. She remembered the anger and the pain, and then there was a light - a love. Love. Love. Love is love, is love, is love, is love, is love. Mishel let out a weighted breath and the Force called to her again, she opened her eyes. "This way," she said softly and put her hands to her eyes, "stupid allergies."

Yes, she felt [member="Kyrel Ren"] but paid him no mind. He was still stuck in his ways, stuck in his usual robotic mode and she wanted no part of it. So instead she reminded herself of the unselfish love [member="Hazel Zanteres"] had for her. She reminded herself of the love her own biological mother once had for her, and yes, it hurt to know that Siobhan may never again welcome her. But she learned not so long ago in her life that the galaxy didn't care about who your parents were, "did I ever tell you about the time I was on Utapau?" She asked Coren, "and yeah, Kat, yeah - something is heading this way. A man who lost himself to false idols, a man who devoted himself to the path of hatred. Keep your guard, this isn't going to be pretty."

Kat'Lariah Syphex

The soft rasp of leather on metal could be heard as she drew her revolver from its holster, the faint clicking of the hammer being cocked back as her head turned on a swivel. The unease the woman had first felt when she landed on the planet returned as soon as Mishel had spoken again, and it reminded her oddly of home. Not quite Sith but something akin. Mishel had said enough for the Smuggler to know it was a Knight of Ren. In truth, the Smuggler had never faced a member of the Ren before, especially since she'd been spending most of her recent time in ORC space. Well, now was as good a time as any.

Kat continued to follow the two Jedi as they walked, "Let's just get that crystal of yours and get out. My paycheck can wait." she said.

Coren looked at Kat and shrugged. “It might be something. Might be nothing.” He looked at his own side arm, the Power 9 from Merr-Sonn and adjusted it before reholstering it. He grabbed the lightsaber from his belt and nodded. “Better to be safe.” Especially in this swamp. He was here to help, but he wasn’t going to do all the work. Still, if a Sith showed up, he’d take the fight to them. He had people to protect. A galaxy to protect.

Looking at his other wrist, the ancile shield apparatus was there, and it just felt a bit right. Sword and board, the kids today called it. Or the kids of a long time in the future, in a galaxy far, far away. Whichever, honestly.

“I missed Utapau, I think my daughter was there. Just… the Alliance had need of me at the point.” And like the loyal akk dog, Coren was there, being one more body between the darkness and the light. One more person to push back the dark side. But he couldn’t be anywhere, he had his allegiances, even if he wasn’t completely certain about them, and the way they tied to the Alliance. But he knew he was a Jedi, and he had his tasks.

“And its our intention of not sticking around here at all.” This place was a graveyard recently. He wasn’t going to let it stand to pull the Jedi down. “Just be ready.”

[member="Mishel Noren"]

ffbBTO1.png
Kyrel was on the hunt, he would not allow the enemy to escape, nor claim whatever it is they would find on this world. The only way they were getting off alive was through either in chains, or dead. But he would not allow them to escape. The disciple following close by, he locked on to the signature with haste eager to stop his enemy. He would not allow them to leave, he couldn't. They made the mistake of coming to this world, now they would reap the consequences. He had moved with swift haste, the Force guiding him to meet his enemy head on. His saber ready as he ignited it holding it in a reverse shien grip, as he leaped and ran with great speed.​
Finally he had come to a head to meet them on the path they were traveling, blocking the only path that it was between them, between them, his saber humming at the sound of battle, he would soon make sure that his enemies would not find what they saught, and if they wanted to. They would have to go through him first. Detecting the threat levels, there was the abomination, the Jedi Master who he had seen and a woman, who looked not very much of a threat. He spoke in the mechanical tone hiding his actual voice, he spoke words dripping with venom. "My my.. This is a surprise... I am sorry Abomination, but it looks like you will have to go through me first. I can't imagine why. But you are not leaving not unharmed that is." He said letting out a cruel laugh as he raised his blade in an offensive stance​
[member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] [member="Mishel Noren"] [member="Coren Starchaser"]​

Mishel Kryze

M
Dagobah

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Kat'Lariah Syphex"] | [member="Katya Shorn"]

rQ8BfXc.png

Mishel smirked and looked at [member="Kyrel Ren"]. "Says the man who worships false idols, a man who's only retort is abomination." She looked at Kyrel with that same little devil of a glare her biological mother held. She wasn't afraid of him she almost pitied him if she didn't know that he willingly gave himself over to hatred in his vain worship of Lord Vader. A long dead Sith Lord who's only value was that of a relic in a museum. "And to be honest, your calling me an abomination says more about you than it does about me." Another bit of laughter and this one was genuine. "You know, that used to get me so upset every time you said that."

"And then on Mustafar, I learned that she may never want for me again, and yeah - it hurt, hurt like the Nethers to realize that." Mishel took a breath and exhaled as she readied her force abilities. "But then my dear sweet auntie [member="Joza Perl"], reminded me. No one gives a flyin' kark who your parents are or were." The woman licked her lips as she motioned for Kyrel to come toward her. "I'll say this brother, I am damn proud to have come from Siobhan Kerrigan. Because there will never be anyone in this galaxy like me, and unlike your cold cruel mess of a clone. I was made from the warmth of another, with love." Lust, Mishel. There wasn't any love involved in that- but hey we'll run with it. She shook her head and laughed at the fate that the Force dealt her.

"But alright then, brother, if you wanna play. Let's play, GAME ON!"

She flipped backward and let loose a torrent of fire, and now she really hoped that the Shorn person made good on that payment. Otherwise that was a waste of credits saved from a lotta grunt work on Sullust.

And that was why he was trying to move fast. The Most Ren of the Rens. Someone who needed a hug at least a dozen years ago, and to pick a true religion. For all that Coren had a disdain for the Sith, but the one thing that he did respect, was they made sense. What a Ren was? He had no clue. Sure, maybe the former Dark Jedi had no real ground to stand on, but when one looked at a Dark Jedi, it was a layman term for someone who used the dark side, without the religion of the Sith. He was an enforcer at one time, but there was no real focus. Being a Jedi, he was part of a tradition that stretched back millenia.

And that tradition included pushing back the darkness. Sure, he may play loose with the Force, but as soon as Kyrel stepped into view, Coren could feel the Force around him. And he looked, connecting his mind to the signature that was Kat, and to the mind of his apprentice. They were going to be in for a bit of a fight. For all that Kyrel here was part of an order Coren didn’t respect, the man was known for his abilities.

Looking to the smuggler, he knew this was a fight for his apprentice. He pushed a hand forward and created a barrier in front of him and Kat, enough of a wall to give him a space to fight from, with his blaster, or tossing the Force at the Ren and anyone he had with him. The fire, though, that trick? That was something new. He didn’t teach Mishel that. Coren was a fan of lightning.

[member="Mishel Noren"]
[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Kat'Lariah Syphex

The Smuggler felt the Ren before she saw him, and already her blood had begun to boil. She didn't care who the guy fought for, but this wasn't like a dark sider who was an ORC. At least they used their strength to help people, well, sometimes. But the Ren? They only used their strength to oppress, and the woman knew exactly what that was like.

She couldn't quite see the Force wall that had been put up by the Master, but rather she could feel. The woman looked over to the man with a questioning look. "One, why? Two, can I still shoot this sleemo?" She wasn't exactly prepared to fight a full fledged Knight of Ren, but Kat was certain between the three of them, they could take him, and failing that, at least drive him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom