Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Return of the Not-a-Jedi

re3GLA.png

Nighthaunter Nighthaunter

Scherezade let a chuckle out as she realized she was on Eve again. It slightly dizzied her head to think of how quickly her new home had replaced what she thought had been her former one. Though she still held no official position among the Agents of Chaos, she joined more and more missions of the various groups within it, but in between? Here. Always here. For half a heart beat, she's actually considered getting a place in the city, or her own sphere, but the mere thought had her burst into a full laughter. Scherezade and a non-ship home. Right.

And still, she found her place here among the new buildings, the endless business places, and the millions of people that seemed to just swell from day to day and become more, and somehow… THis was where she belonged, at least for the moment. Unlike some of her friends, she wasn't as certain that this was forever. That anything was, really. There was still an ancestral home to see, still a position of actual Queen to consider, not to mention asking her own siblings if maybe one of them wanted to vye for it instead. At present, it was their parents who were considered King and Queen there, though they had not been sighted in over seven hundred years. But time was a social construct for their people, in the truest meaning of the word. The King and Queen before that had reigned for over ten thousand years.

But that wasn't for the now and here.

Eve was riddled with various playgrounds for children. Scherezade knew all their locations by heart. It had been her own pushing that had helped many of them be constructed in the first place. Some would confuse this for the love of children that the Sithling harbored. Others thought it was because in certain aspects, she was a child herself. But he thing was, Scherezade mostly liked swings, and she had no qualms about manipulating the system to get as many of these as she possibly could. Others were more than free to benefit from her achievements in the field.

But this spot - this was her second favorite spot. Situated behind the Tower, it was empty most of the time, the parents of children who tended to live nearby being far too busy with work to make use of it on most regular business days.

And that was where she was now, enjoying the lazy early sunrays of spring as she kicked her legs, letting herself… Well. Swing on the swings.

Equipment: shuriken throwing stars, Willbreaker, Collapsible sniper rifle, Two vibro daggers, Blaster pistol, Grappling hook
Armour: MK I Nightsuit
Tags: Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

The Nighthaunter had been on world for about a week or so, he would never have thought that he would have missed a place. But he had missed Eve and it had changed so much within the six months he had been away. Being back on Eve made him feel at home, he had assumed a certain someone would have sensed him being on world almost immediately. She had told him that his blood had a particular sense to it, while he didn't need the particular details as to how this sense worked he knew she would be able to sense him approaching her. He had just finished reporting into the tower HQ and talking with Kyri as to what his role would be from now on. They had agreed that he would become a reaper, but one that was more independent to do as he wished compared to the other Silencers. Discordia herself had contacted him over the comms and welcomed him back and seemed genuinely happy that her favourite zealous assassin was back.

He strolled out of the lobby and around the corner walking towards a small are that was behind on the two towers. As he approached the park, he inhaled slightly as he saw Scherezade swinging on the swings letting her legs swing in an almost child like manner. He had always found it slightly amusing that one of the most dangerous women in the galaxy could behave in such a care free manner. She was almost the polar opposite to himself, those who knew had always described him as uptight, brooding and without a sense of humour. He came up behind the woman leaning on the frame of the swings,

"Hello there stranger... long time no see." He said in his quiet voice through his mask, he still hadn't had a chance to remove his armour after being shuffled around place to place.

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside-

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown-
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

Scherezade had been swinging for a long time by the time Nighthaunter arrived. There was something almost meditative about it, the up and down, the legs kicking but not really needing to put too much effort into it. Usually, the Sithling wasn't one for Meditation. It unfocused her and made her angry more often than not, whereas the swings… The swings were always bliss. She wished her ship had enough height to install one, but it didn't. But when the day came when she'd be ready to throw that ship away and get something better…

She hadn't realized Nighthaunter was coming her way. Away in a world of her own, she was barely aware of her surroundings at all. It wasn't a good thing; it was perfect situation in which she could find herself being ambushed, or maybe even attempted assassination. But it was what it was, and when Nightaunter was suddenly standing next to her and speaking, Scherezade jumped, waking up violently from a trance she hadn't even realized she was in.

Now that she knew he was there though, his scent overpowered her senses and she knew, without a doubt, that he was there.

"Hey!" she half screamed as she dragged her legs on the ground, slowing the swinging down until she came to a full stop. "You're here! You're… Back?" If she hadn't been sitting, she would've probably tried to punch him. "Where were you?"

Equipment: shuriken throwing stars, Willbreaker, Collapsible sniper rifle, Two vibro daggers, Blaster pistol, Grappling hook
Armour: MK I Nightsuit
Tags: Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

Nighthaunter laughed at him surprising her, it was the first time he had been able to achieve such a goal due to her enhanced senses she would always have been able to know that he was coming. However it seemed even the great Scherezade de Winter was capable of forgetting to pay attention to her surroundings. He could see in her reaction to her presence she wasn't all to happy to see him which was rather saddening but at the same time explainable he had just left without saying a word. Truth was that his heart hadn't been in the cause and he had begun to come very tired with the endless off world missions. That's not to say he didn't enjoy them, he loved feasting upon the death and suffering of others, however he had noticed he wasn't getting that same rush that he used to. Instead it was replaced by a feeling of melancholy. He had also needed time to be himself for a while, take the mask off and try to enjoy life a bit more. As he found that he was becoming the Nighthaunter and behaving like him even when he was no longer wearing the mask.

"Well I needed sometime to figure a few things out... My purpose and what my personal end goal is. I didn't want to end my life by just being a killer and that being all I was remembered for." He said looking down at the ground before looking up at his and continuing. "So I have kind of been all over the place, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, Coruscant, Yavin and many other worlds." He explained as fiddled with his gloves and his mask.

Not excited? Oh, no, if she had known that was what he was thinking, Scherezade would've gotten up from that swing and punched him straight in the face. She was excited - she just didn't do that whole hugging and being casually physical with friends thing.

She remained quiet as Nighthaunter explained where he'd been and what he'd done, but all she could do regarding that was give him a blank stare.

"So…" she formed her question, "You wanted to be remembered for other things, so you went to other places to kill people?" Her question was asked with such child-like innocence that it was easy to sometimes forget that she was a ruthless killer herself. And unlike many others, there was no code of honor that limited her. All she needed was to be pointed in the soon-to-be-dead's direction.

With a shrug, she removed a small pouch of cheese cubes from her belt, opened it, and offered Nighthaunter Nighthaunter to take some. How he was going to do it with his mask on wasn't her business to meddle with.

"Do you take that mask off when you shower?" she asked with a wicked little grin. She was totally making it her business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom