Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of the Mad Merc

The mad merc nodded, glad to hear that Vanessa understood the time constraints they were under. As much as she wanted to stay with her love, there were dangers out in the galaxy, and she had to seek them out. Once upon a time she would have done it solely for the credits. But now she was motivated for very different reasons. Two of those reasons were here with her now, there to help her forward. Ven held back a smile as she thought about how she had gotten to the point that she was at now.

She just had to keep working to preserve what she had.

"Killing me shouldn't be the hardest thing to do, considering I won't be fighting back. Probably just a good strike with-" quickly she paused, glancing over at Darren. Did she want him to hear this? Yeah, he was sixteen already, but she didn't know how much of the war he had seen. Or how he'd react to hearing what would have to happen to his mother. "Ahem. A lightsaber would be quick enough. I trust you. And even if it didn't go as planned, I know I could take the pain, and I wouldn't hold it against you. You wouldn't be doing it on purpose, after all."
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

"A fair point." She nodded, giving a soft sigh. When the body is ready, I'm gonna have to decapitate you with a lightsaber. Maybe that'll work." She shrugged - knowing Sven, knowin what she had survived, the emotional connection they felt towards one another, it would be difficult to kill her.

A far cry from her days getting cut in half by Velok.

"It won't exactly be clean, but I have little love for the body that the Vong forced me into. This one will be better. It'll be a symbol of the both of us, of what we can accomplish, and of what we will bring forth onto the galaxy. Now, dearie... I think it's time we got to work."

A sigh left the woman's lips as she exited her shuttle, casually stepping back onto the space station. Within the past week she had been frantically searching for a proper 'specimen'. Which meant that she went looking for a strong, fast, and (at least somewhat) attractive Firrerreo. She had insisted that she pick the gene donor, instead of just letting Vanessa get some random sample. Of course, the mercenary's lover wouldn't have been careless with her decision.

Ven just wanted to know who she'd end up looking like.

In the end she had met a very interesting woman who was more than willing to donate her DNA. Honestly it had come as a surprise to the Sekairo, but she hadn't questioned it, instead accepting the proposition she was given. One... interesting night later and she had her sample. Along with a few 'small' bruises. In her mind things had gone a lot smoother than she had anticipated. No one had died, no limbs were torn off, and only one person shot at her.

So while she still felt sore, she let herself smile, knowing that she was one step closer to getting a new body. With a secure carrying case in hand she started making her way towards the lab, having already told Vanessa to meet her there. Today they were to... well, Ven didn't really know how the whole cloning process worked. Something about extracting something from something and inserting it into something?...

Eh, she didn't have to worry about the scientific parts of the procedure. She had already done her part of the job, and oh boy, had it been a job...

"So, pretty girl, what brings you to our little science haven?" The doctor had asked, smirking. One of her perfectly sculpted eyebrows had perked up, adding to her look of interest. Ven had gone to the research center in the hopes of finding an old friend who might be able to help her. Instead she had run into a seemingly devious woman wearing a lab coat. Apparently she was one of the head scientists at the location.

"That's where it gets... odd. I'm helping a friend in her attempts to grow a few body parts to replace ones she lost in the war. She's trying to get something as close to organic as she can. Doesn't want any artificial limbs or anything," the merc had lied, trusting her ability to keep a poker face. It seemed to work, so she had continued. "The issue I've run into is that she's part Firrerreo. I can't remember her explanation for it, but apparently that complicated some part of her process. So she, well, she wants me to get a good DNA sample from a healthy Firrerreo."
Then the Doctor had smirked, and Ven had felt a surge of worry go through her...

"I think I can help with that. For a price."
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

The sample was soon processed by the machine, running through a series of complex genetic processes to ensure the body would follow the coding extracted from the genes she had acquired. Soon the small, barely divided fertilized egg was within its tube, slowly but surely fed by nutrients that would help it grow at an enhanced pace. She turned to Ven, a soft smile on her face as she gently gave her a hug. "Well, now all we can do is wait. I'm not sure what else can really be done, honestly."

There really wasn't anything she could think of.

For a moment she had watched the machine, wondering just how the process worked. Then she had smiled softly, knowing that what was in front of her, what she was looking at, was her future. A dangerous one, yes, but a future nonetheless. One that she could help shape. That was a feeling she hadn't felt for awhile, and so she took a second to cherish it. She almost missed what her love said. But the feeling of arms wrapping around her drew her out of her thoughts rather quickly. So she returned the embrace, still smiling, happy to be where she was.

"Waiting it is then. Once the body is more matured we can see about upgrading it with that wondrous alchemy of yours. In the mean time... would you like to go out to dinner?" They had some time to spare, after all. And they had many lost years to make up for...
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

(Some few weeks later)

The laboratory was empty - all except for a body that floated within the tank. In the shadows, Circe smiled, waiting with blade in hand for Ven to arrive. The death would be sudden. Unexpected. She would play it out like a betrayal, though both would of course know that the two individuals involved were doing this willingly instead of as an act of treachery.

She smiled. "Come to me."

They had waited. Things had happened in those few weeks, of course, but Ven's focus had been on her new vessel. It was safe to say that her attention had rarely been directed elsewhere. Perhaps her lover had noticed- whether during their meal time conversations or during their more 'intimate' moments. As much as she wanted to be a good significant other, the threat that lay in the distance seemed far to great to her. She had to stop it. She could not imagine herself not doing so, or even simply delaying her response to the ever-growing darkness.

When Vanessa had told her the time was nearing she had nearly jumped in joy. But the moment hadn't been right, and she had simply nodded, allowing herself to smile within. That had been an hour ago. Now she entered the lab swiftly, a clear excitement in her eyes. They were so close. All that was left was to make whatever modifications to the body that they felt necessary. Ven was hoping for some work to make it stronger, faster, and more resilient. How much they ended up doing, however, was up to what Vanessa was capable (and willing) to do within their timeframe.

"Darling?"
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Your body is soaking in a tincture." A voice would resonate throughout the room - Circe was up to her old White Current tricks again. "A tincture that only pain and suffering will finalize. You will be stronger. More resolute. Better than the average woman. And quite sexy, if I do say so myself." Her chuckle echoed throughout the laboratory chambers as she slowly stalked towards her love with a monomolecular knife.

This would be quick... and painful.

"A tincture? I never knew that alchemy and brewery had anything in common," Ven said, the fact that she was making a joke barely recognizable due to her tone. Not knowing anything about the body-making process made her a little... wary. Part of her briefly wondered if she should have spent more time researching the subject, or at least asking her love about it. All of it was awfully confusing to her. So far she hadn't seen Circe do much to the body besides make notes about it's growth. When would the altering come in?... After a moment she realized that what Circe was saying made it sound like... "Oh," she murmured, wondering if now was going to be the time to get her into the new vessel. How many alterations could be made when she was in it? That, understandably, worried her. Just not as much as the thought of getting shanked without warning. "That all sounds good, but am I allowed to know how we'll get me to that state?"

Somehow she felt like she knew the answer.
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"I have to kill you." She sighed, her breath echoing throughout the entire room. "Only then will you experience enough agony for the tincture to affect your body - reinforcing your flesh, strengthening your muscles, tightening your bones - all while keeping you beautiful and, appearance-wise, normal." She stepped forward, placing a hand on her love's shoulder. "All I can request is that you steel yourself, love, because this is going to hurt."

If there was another way... she would've done it. But Ven had to die for her soul to become transferable into a brand new body. @Velok had taught her that lesson.

That had been exactly what she had been expecting. Since day 1 of the project she had been preparing herself to die again, all in order to be reborn. It wasn't the first time that she had to go through such an ordeal. Nor did she think it would be the last time. The galaxy was a very dangerous place, and she doubted her ability to survive forever. While she didn't intend to go through an endless cycle of life and death (as Circe seemingly had) she definitely wasn't planing on leaving just yet. If that meant having her soul bound a couple times... well, she was ready for it. Just as she was ready for the blow she knew was coming soon.

"I'm ready, love. Been ready since the start." Ven's breath hitched for a second. Then she closed her eyes, steeling herself, preparing for the sting to come. "Do it."
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
It was with that last comment that the knife cleaved through the neck of the bounty hunter. Her head fell to the floor as Circe focused, preventing the soul of her love from escaping as the body slumped forward. Slowly, tediously, it was forced into the body - and she watched the color of the alchemical fluid change its coloration from a reddish syrupy ichor to a solid, thick, blackish substance that permeated into the body's pores, arcane processes changing the flesh within Ven's new body as she continued to watch the process. It permeated deep into the skin, the Dark Side reinforcing anything and everything that could be done. She was harder, better, faster, and stronger - but how strong exactly would be determined in time.

The capsule opened up as the blackish ichor rushed onto the floor, the then-limp body falling to the floor - soon, it would stir.

So she hoped.

The literal back-stabbing lasted but a half of a split second. Then her soul was released, removed from her collapsed body, and sent towards Chaos. For a moment it was so blissful. She was free of all of her earthly bindings. At last she could move on, she could rest, she could let go of all her duties! Oh, how wondrous it was, to be free. But there was a tug on her spirit, and she was reminded of where she had to be. So she pulled back into line, her mind locking within the new body. It was a strange sensation.

A sort of rush filled her as her soul desperately tried to properly connect with the body. All sorts of senses bombarded her, making her feel like she was experiencing them for the first time. Yet everything was so... muddy. Nothing was clear for the first thirty seconds- except perhaps the feeling of change. Something was happening to the body, and that seemingly lead to a disconnect between her soul and it's new vessel. Or so she thought. By the time the capsule opened she felt almost at home.

Still she felt a sort of ache, a confusion. Even as her eyelids fluttered open to reveal bright green eyes she felt dizzy. A moment passed before she seemed to 'jolt' up. Ven tried to stand up, only to fall back onto her knees. A horrible feeling filled her gut. Coughing, she started to heave, only to find nothing in her stomach to bring up. So she simply 'rocked' back and forth for a few seconds. After a moment she was able to breathe again, and she took the chance to look up at her love.

"It worked..."
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
She looked down at the woman beneath her - a woman who, though of a race different than human, looked eerily familiar. "...you look like Ashin Varanin, back when she was touched by Sith Poison. It's a good look for you." She smiled, helping Ven up a the only thing she had on was some of the substance stuck to her flesh as it began to dry out and dissipate. "You're going to need to take a nice long shower to get cleaned up - though I already have more than enough clothes for you to try on in due time."

She gave the woman a hug, then trailed to Ven's dead body. "Your choice... What do you want me to do?"

"Ashin, eh?... Oh, the irony. I just might die again, though this time of laughter," she said, chuckling a little. Her voice seemed dry and cracked, as if her throat was parched. In reality she felt healthy enough- she just wasn't used to the new body yet. Though already she could tell it fit her better than the last. No longer was she obnoxiously tall and broad. Nay, she was a rather nice six foot five inches, just as she had been before the first time she had died. From what she could tell her weight was balanced well enough, and she had no trouble getting up with Circe's help.

The woman took a moment to stretch once she was on her feet.While her coordination was still a bit iffy, she managed to do so well enough. A quick roll of her shoulders eased a fair amount of tension. Slowly she was getting used to things again. Though from experience she knew that it would be at least a month before she was fully confident in her new skin. That was a month she didn't have, and a month she'd have to spend in the field. But for now, as her love reminded her, there were other things to deal with. Such as the corpse of her old self.

"Either we burn it or we send it out the airlock. A gift from the Horde is no gift I want to keep."
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Personally, I'd like to keep the head around. It will look right and proper Sithy should any of my former colleagues choose to try and come around. Not to mention any of the Vinithi I released, or the other experiments, or Jak Sandrow... Generally anyone who learns I am still who I really am." Slowly, she wrapped her arms around Ven, giving her a hug. "You know, I missed having you around. I'm not in charge of Emeritus Industries anymore, but I still want the very best technology to end up in your hands."

And with luck, it all would.

She perked a brow.
"If you really want to keep the head, that's fine with me. But I do want the rest of it gone," Ven said, her tone leaving little room for argument. For once she sounded like she wouldn't let Circe convince her of something. At least the two of them could probably agree on the main portion of her old body. Otherwise... well, it would probably result in Ven chucking it out the airlock herself. So it probably wouldn't be that bad. Unless the ex-plant decided to try and physically stop her. "I missed you too, even if I didn't want to admit it to myself. But I'm back now, and that's what matters," she murmured, slowly hugging the woman back. It took a second to figure out how much strength to use. This new vessel of hers seemed quite capable, and she didn't want to squish the lass she loved.

"Perhaps we should get me cleaned up, then test the body?" While her words could be taken as an 'invitation' to get 'intimate', she did honestly mean testing the capabilities of her newest form.
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Very well. I'll incinerate it to ensure no trace remains." She smiled, still hugging Ven all the more. "All I want is for us to be so closely together again. Us, our son... Our family." She looked down at her own dress - it was covered in the substance, permanently stained. She would have to keep it in remembrance. Stepping back, she moved to pick Ven up - though the alchemy had made her stronger, she still weight the same. "Now let's get you in the shower. Then we can get to testing things out. Sound good?"

And strangely enough, not a sexual thought was on her mind.

"Sounds good to me," she said, still eyeing the corpse with furrowed brows. To think that that used to be me... Before she could get to focused on her memories Circe's voice pulled her back into the current moment. They still had plenty of stuff to get done. "We'll be good. We... we'll get through this war, darling, and then I'll retire with you. Darren can live a nice, stable life. It'll be great." She didn't believe every word she said. Honestly Ven wasn't sure about her chances of surviving to the very end of the conflict. Nor did she trust herself to do the right thing and come back home at the end of it all. It wouldn't be the first time that she skipped out on friends.

Once more she was pulled from her thoughts, this time because Circe...
Circe had managed to pick her up, somehow.

"You know, you're very, very impressive. I didn't think you'd be able to pick me up. Or even get close, admittedly. I weigh what, two hundred pounds? Though I guess I'm not the only one in an enhanced body..." Ven seemed to think on the matter for a second, staring off at a nonexistent point past Circe. Then she twitched a little and spoke again. "Sounds good to me. While I shower... perhaps you could look into making me force dead again. That was one of the few traits that the Vong gave me that I actually enjoyed."
[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"I have good genes. That much I'll say." She smiled. "I know of a way to make you Force Dead... but it'll be very painful. I will literally have to rip the potential for using the Force out of you, and it will hurt. There is no other way, from what I know, to make you Force Dead aside from that, Ven. I'm sorry." Soon they reached the showers, where Circe let Ven stand in the large shower, smiling as she did so. "I... probably need one too, considering how gunked up my clothes are. You have room in there?"

It would help ease the tension of what she was about to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom