Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of the Jedi (Korriban)

tumblr_n1lvlzlVQD1rvrm24o1_1280.jpg

So I made an outline for the next dominion I'd like us to do after we finish on Dellalt. A Tier 1 dominion of Korriban. I believe that IC, the logical step for the SJO to take is to begin getting more proactive with tackling the growing Sith threat, but I tiey to write a plan of action that would fit in with the style we like to pursue as a more peaceful bunch. This is just a barbones outline, so I'll be sure to flesh it out after taking some input to write up a real opener for the dominion if I'm given the privilege.

Prompt:

Following repeated attacks by the Sith Order at locations like Ossus and [SIZE=11pt]Midvinter[/SIZE], it has been determined that the best course of action to prevent future attacks is for the Silver Jedi and its allies is to pursue a new containment strategy aimed at robbing the Sith of their sanctuaries within old Sith Space (Esstran Sector).

It begins at Korriban, where a blockade will be established to prevent unauthorized movement in and out of the Horuset system. As Korriban serves as the gateway planet to the rest the Caldera within, interdictors will also be positioned near the system along the [SIZE=11pt]Daragon[/SIZE] Trail hyperoute to completely lock down the region.

Primary
Objectives:

• Establish Blockade - Ships and space stations will be placed in orbit over Korriban to create a [SIZE=11pt]no fly[/SIZE] zone. Outside the system, interdictor groups will be set up to catch vessels moving along the Daragon Trail in or out of the Caldera.

• Create Safezones - On the surface, shelters will be created for cleared refugees wishing safety from the local Sith aligned administration. Korriban City will remain untouched for the time being, but the no-fly zone will still remain in effect.
Secondary Objectives:

• The Smuggler’s Run - During the previous war with the Sith in the Stygian Caldera, it had been determined that the Sith had been using alternative routes into the Caldera. Patrols will be [SIZE=11pt]deployed[/SIZE] to hunt down these entry points and plug them up with minefields and interdictors.

• Tomb Raiders - Locations like the Valley of the Sith Lords will be cleared out and placed on Quarantine. Shadow units will then go through the process of seizing or destroying dangerous artifacts.

• Green Thumb - Surveys will resume on investigating on finally rehabilitating the planet’s ecosystem with terraforming, and to finally rid the planet of its insidious influence as a Dark Side nexus by shifting its alignment like on Ambria.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Well remember we control dromund kaas which is within the caldera so we have a point we can move around and from. As this would remain a tier 1 and be faction story we can bring in some things. ORihime and Sorel have worked to get the terraforming tech worked on and it just needs some more touches to be working. Avoiding the city and pretty much the sith while we do our thing honestly is better and I like it. Since they made the city and the people to be purely loyal to them it isn't worth and hassle.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

I thought about Dromund Kaas, but IC, I thought we pulled out of the Caldera entirely then as a group even if some of us still go there on an individual basis. Dromund Kaas is also good ways within the Caldera, so I don't think we can say that we really have it secured again until we get a clamp on Korriban to start.

(We already talked about this on Discord, but I wanted to repost my comments here for easy viewing by others.)

We can definitely do this by avoiding the made up city almost entirely, and essentially place it on quarantine. We'll just gradually empty out the city of non-combatants until the only ones who remain are those up to no good (and their zombie and terminator homies).

As much as all this is ICly within logic, we had discussed filling in the gaps in our current cloud before looking to extend the cloud beyond what we already have. From a personal pov, I don't think we need to grow territory wise, from what we have.

From an OOC pov, I am well and truly over the Korriban story arc, mostly for myself, as I have had to RP in many threads which situated around this event from the rebellion. If the faction wishes to do this one I will not stop you, but bear in mind that this will bring on further interact between the Sith. Which might be what the faction as a whole wishes for.

But I will be sitting this one out. ;)

#tiredCociistired.

I agree with Lady Heavenshield, we need not grow or else we spread ourselves too thin on certain light. I agree we should focus on filling gaps and even withdrawing for a bit within ourselves to strengthen ourselves before pushing out.

Like a fire, you must let the flames die a bit and bring the coals in closer to each other to create more heat and an effective burn.

Right now I see many Padawan's like myself unable to find Masters (I have one, not saying I don't haha) so why not focus on training the new people. I mean effective training, focusing on story not on speed of advancement.

My two cents.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Lynn Nantaris"] [member="Arisa Yune"]

My biggiest concern is the Sith are not centered here and ic wise Catherine will consider it a repeat of past failures by the jedi stopping at Korriban thinking it solves everything. OOC wise we do indeed have padawans in need of training, we are padawan heavy and Knight/ master light comparatively. While some of thats normal if we keep having entire companies of padawans some without sabers even it's gonna hurt us. Lacking a MASSIVE central Sith unifying Empire we won't see the same flood of 30 acolytes always. So more likely all you do is give them something to unify behind by taking it. Though this might be a good thing for an assembly Rp to decide it.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Let the debate continue and if people have strong views either way, let them share them. I for one am less inclined to see this as the next logical step, given history, potential rebellion etc. etc.

There will come a time for Korriban (IMHO) I just don't think it's now.

:)

Okay, I want to clear something up before continuing with this discussion. I don't plan on dropping this dominion anytime soon. Right now I'm still in the brainstorming phase with this. There's some things that I would like us to do first, like wrapping up the current skirmish on Midvinter, recruiting allies, and completing some development.

There is no decision that we make that will make everyone happy. As Elbert Hubbart said, “do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing, and you'll never be criticized." The only way to completely avoid flak is to just leave the site. People dislike the SJO just for existing as it is even when we're not bothering anyone. Some attacks have come about because we have ignored smaller events and let them snowball out of control.

The Sith are going to keep doing their raids/invasions whether we go on the attack or remain passive, but at least by becoming a little more proactive we can better dictate the terms our encounters to make them more enjoyable. I'm definitely not feeling the structure of the current thread. While we may make some Sith salty, we may also earn the respect of potential allies finally doing something.

If some of you want to sit out of this, then I'm fine with taking it upon myself to organize the dominion.

Now onto the writeup itself. Any questions or concerns about the objectives?

[member="Lynn Nantaris"] You're in luck. I'm participating in the current GA dominion on Manpha (sp?) leading a medical fleet. We're there to treat people made ill by contamination and find its source. There's also a Padawan Pack adventure set on Shri-Tal. I'm there as chaperone. If you're looking for some training opportunities, and to get better acquainted with your peers, then I'd love to see you.

[member="Catherine Soja"] It's been clearly established that some of the leading elements of TSO operate out of Thule, which was one of the reasons it was previously targeted for dominion by the UMC. Korriban would be the first step towards getting there.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

By justifying plans by saying people won't always agree is saying, " I am going to do what I want regardless of opinion." Now I am not saying that is what you meant, but justifying actions with the argument some won't agree means this. I also believe you can come up with things everyone likes, my career is based on that concept.

I have also never seen anyone speak ill of the Silvers. At least, I have never seen anyone speak poorly who doesn't also speak poorly of everyone and those type of people we need not worry about. In fact, we need not worry about anyone, but our own thoughts about us as we are the ones writing the story for ourselves. If people outside say we ate doing something actually wrong for the board itself then yes, let's fix that, but jedi are known not to be war focused so why should we?

Also, thank you for the invite, but I have a master and other teachers that train me.

[member="Lynn Nantaris"]

Lynn Nantaris said:
By justifying plans by saying people won't always agree is saying, " I am going to do what I want regardless of opinion." Now I am not saying that is what you meant, but justifying actions with the argument some won't agree means this. I also believe you can come up with things everyone likes, my career is based on that concept.
What I was saying was that we shouldn't be afraid to be true to our characters because of the possibility that some people won't like our actions OOCily. We play Jedi characters in an era where there are Sith and other Dark Siders running around rampaging left and right. It has been acknowledged that the blockade I want to pursue is a sound plan ICly, and the logical response in the wake of multiple Stih and terrorist attacks in Silver Space. The only argument I'm seeing against it is the fear of reprisal/salt. Well, doing the right thing isn't easy. If it was, then the galaxy wouldn't need Jedi.

From my understanding of the new direction we were supposed to be taking by becoming the SJO again, we were supposed to become a light side faction that aids other like minded factions and actively combats our adversaries, the Sith. Since then, what I've actually seen is that we are still running like the SSC, minus the people we alienated with a change in policy. All that just to end up allying with a splinter One Sith faction, which I'm fine with, but makes me and some others scratch our heads wondering why we went through the rebranding in the first place.

You're not going to come up with something everyone likes. It's impossible. Again, I point to the rebranding late last year which which was a very controversial move to say the least. Not everyone likes doing doms, skirmishes, group dev threads, general faction threads, etc. Not everyone is going to like the particular storylines pursued in those threads. That's okay. We can all throw out things to appeal to different people within the same faction at the same time. I'm not demanding that everyone get on board doing this. In fact, I threw this proposal up for the purpose of seeing how I could make the Dom more appealing for people to join, because I know how hesitant many SJO members are about becoming more proactive or more involved with the Sith in PvP affairs. Nothing is set in stone, and right now this is just supposed to be a discussion.

Lynn Nantaris said:
I have also never seen anyone speak ill of the Silvers. At least, I have never seen anyone speak poorly who doesn't also speak poorly of everyone and those type of people we need not worry about. In fact, we need not worry about anyone, but our own thoughts about us as we are the ones writing the story for ourselves. If people outside say we ate doing something actually wrong for the board itself then yes, let's fix that, but jedi are known not to be war focused so why should we?
I dunno, it's odd to argue this point when others in this thread are saying not to do this dom because they're afraid of people's reactions. If we're not afraid, then why not do what would make sense IC for our characters to do? I was making this same point in mentioning trying to pursue my storyline as Arisa. What you're saying here actually supports my argument.

Lynn Nantaris said:
Also, thank you for the invite, but I have a master and other teachers that train me.
I wish you the best of luck with these masters and teachers. I hope they will make their services available to our other masterless Padawan in need if they haven't done so already. However, I will say events like these also serve another purpose. They're opportunities to build camaraderie with some of our newer members, which is the main purpose of the Padawan Pack..

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Well I'll not touch that whole branding thing, that was before my time actively so I am not familiar with the SSC.

While I wholeheartedly agree we should do what aligns with our characters, I don't believe this was a character based issue, but a faction making the faction the character. Maybe down the road Korriban is a good target, though I thought we had Korriban if I am being honest. My point is simply right now, focus inward then outward.

As for the Padawans, I took an active role in my learning. At first I posted asking for a master to no success. Then I got nothing so I began researching, found Sorel who is perfect to what will build my character. Aside from that I made friends on here in multiple places and avoided joining cliche and thus I have had training from a wide range of trainers. Point being, if Padawans are having trouble finding Masters, maybe they need to branch out and actively seek and not be afraid to ask. I see a lot of Masters, but some are busy so they need a poke to know that someone is in need.

[member="Arisa Yune"] wasint salt. It was going off the fact that historically every time jedi do this they stop there and the sith come and mass invade the place. So thinking as Catherine would she'd be opposed.

Some clarification: Dromund Kaas is still under our control. When we pulled out our forces following the bombing of Korriban we only lost our territory within the Korriban hex, which was about half the hex. When the word 'Caldera' is thrown around they generally refer to that specific hex rather than the entire Stygian Caldera (link).

As of today, the Mandalorians are no longer a major faction and have been removed from the map. We no longer have any major factions to threaten us with invasions, which presents us with much more freedom to do as we like in our rather isolated neck of the woods. The only real threat we have left is the Sith Order, who now operate within aforementioned hex. For us to simply roll in and reclaim it without their input - which we are fully entitled to do as a major faction, by the way - I think would only serve to spread negativity towards the Silver Jedi, only this time OOC rather than IC which in my experience can be far more poisonous.

I'm not against a tier 1 dominion of Korriban if it's done right, which to me would include discussing it with the Sith Order faction admins first. But I don't feel there's any rush going straight for the gold when we still have a skirmish to finish (not to mention those ugly holes in our influence cloud :p).

Good story should always be the number one priority in my book.

Welp, we might as well table this one, it's too late.

I know you guys don't like getting into PvP, but inaction and appeasement just invite more attacks, especially as the Zambranos leading TSO have a special fixation on all the Heavenshields. I went through this in the old GR, and I don't want to see the SJO go down in the same manner. I really like what we do here, but we have to be willing to put up more of a fight for it moving forward. I'm not proposing we go on the offensive just for the sake of warmongering, but to create more favorable terms for ourselves by putting the ball in their court. Because they're not going to stop until they get to Voss or they run us off the map.

Aside from just straight up bombing them, we can try working with them OOC to set up some smaller story arcs in between major events to try to keep the salt levels low, and to build a rapport between our groups of writers. I tried getting this going with the One Sith when I first took over the GR, and things were going well, but unfortunately plans were derailed as the GA started making their moves into the Core.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom