Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of Old Friends

Planet: Commenor

Standing in the park of the great capital of Commenor, the central governing world of the Commenor Systems Alliance, has a particular ease to a well traveled man. A man in tall mechanical exo-suit covering every inch of his exposed skin, beady red eyes stared up into the sky as speeders streaked through the deep blue sky. A light blue sash crossed his chest from shoulder to hip, white and dark grey scaled armor layered over one another glowed in the sun shined day. The machine looked more like a statue then a animate object. The only give away that this was a living breathing being was the wheezing oxygen breathing of the being inside. This was once a man to be feared, the mad scientist of the Unknown Region, Trader of Unknown Wares, Admiral of the Ghost Merchant Armada. Now, he was a forgotten man in a city of the now. He stood there looking at the time passing him by.

It had been a long time since Jaster was on Commenor. He was here last nearly 2 years ago meeting with one of his oldest friends. He was surprised to hear she was still alive after all the trouble she use to get into with the Hutts. He himself was always in somewhat of the same trouble often. His stare broke from the sky to look at the capital building that she now worked. To thing her once little Jedi [member="Lady Kay"] was now Queen Kay Arenais, leader of a nation. Under his helmet he smiled at the though of how the times have left him behind and forgot of him. This was no problem for the man who was on the run now.

He continued to look at the surrounding beauty of the planet until the Queen called on him for their meeting.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It had been some time since she had seen [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] . It had been some time since she had heard anything of him too. They had met on Bakura of all places, when Kay was one of the survivors of a transport shuttle crash. Little did she know that she had been heading into a part of the forest that was at the center of an exercise involving new military dropships. Soon she had found herself in the center of it all as another party were interested in the ordeal. And it wasn't long before the forest had erupted in fire.

Yes, trouble had always managed to find her. One would think that she was cursed. Yet she had some good luck as well, having found herself an amazing husband, that had recently become a father. Children were something that she never knew that she was biologically capable of having. Yet she was proven wrong and they were fortunate to have twins; a boy and a girl. Then of cpurse there came her job, moving from elected President of Commenor to it's Queen and head of the systems under their care. But that was acquired in a way that she chose not to discuss with anyone. Nor did she even write it down. Some things were just better left hidden.

Jaster didn't have to wait too long. Yet instead of Kay summoning him to the Royal Palace, she had approached without him seeing her. A personal cloaking device kept her hidden until she deactivated it. A smile was already on her face as she came into view, leaning against the trunk of a tree, wearing the light armour that her husband [member="Veiere Arenais"] had made for her.

"Been a long time, my friend. How are you doing?"

The light step of a nimble [member="Lady Kay"], the faint hum of a power cell energizing a device of high quality, the wind breaking sizzle of the wind against the cloaks outer layer faze shielding. She was one of the best stealth operators he had seen in quiet some time. He truly didn't feel her presence till she was against the tree itself. This only reminded him of his daughter as she trained to be a jedi, attempting to scare an trained Mandalorian. He truly started to miss her pitter patter and voice in the halls of his ship, those were the simple days. He wondered where she was, learning the history's of some rock on the far Outer Rim most likely.

He broke his gaze from the surrounding beauty of the planet, now aware of her presence he was able to make a picture of Queen Kay in his head. She was still as cheerful as before more then likely, that uplifting smile that somehow got them out of that forest is still glued to her face he was sure of it. The only thing that stood out to him was that damn satchel she always had, would a queen with everything still have such a thing. He cracked a smile at the thought of such a though.

"Getting old in these crazy time it would seem, if you were an assassin I would be dead," Jaster turned to tree where he assumed the women was, "I'm lucky I have a friend who is very influential on this planet, rumor has it she has the ear of the Queen herself." Jaster let out a humming noise that could be taken as laughing under a respirator.

The man had lost everything in resent years. His honor, company, respect, and position in the galaxy, yet he was still able to laugh. He had a new outlook on life, it was now time to talk with an person who was his very first friend after his exile that still lived to this day.

Kay-Larr

Kay deactivated the cloak so that [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] could see her. And yes, that smile that he had remembered so well was on her face as she laughed about his assassin remark. It wasn't her way to use such tactics. At least...not anymore. That short little stint in Darkness was behind her now. Missing on her person was her satchel. She hadn't carried it in some time, having left it on her first husband's gravesite to help her move on from his death. Now she relied on her tea more to provide her comfort with, and to ease her stress and anxiety.

She approached him, holding out her hand for him to shake. "Indeed she does. What brings you here, Jaster? Are you looking to do some business?" That was his usual reasons for visits. Well that and she knew that he liked to keep tabs on her somewhat. Though it was much harder for her to do the same for him. He was more skilled at disappearing than she was.

He looked at [member="Lady Kay"], she was still as energetic and happy going as she was all that time ago. While in bidding this past year, Jaster had little information about the Queen. Only that the Hapan people that hid him spoke rumors of her great deeds and cutting out a rather decent size nation of the core and mid rims. He was proud of her achievements and his spies in court even told him of children and a husband, this was surprising to find out. That would explain the missing satchel that she always wore.

However, buisness was a reason to come to commenor, but that could have been done at the Merchants Building.

"No Kay, buisness brings me to this side of the Galaxy, I just wanted to catch up with an old friend while I was around, my Trade Outpost is being taken care of, so I just wanted to have a friendly conversation with an old friend," Jaster bowed his head a little, looking more like a slow nod, "would your grace accept a walk around the park, it's a lovely day."

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little, gesturing for him to follow her lead as they started walking. So [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] was here for a catch up? That was good. They could both probably use that. She's known him for such a long time.

"It is a lovely day. But no need for such formalities with me. You know me well enough to know that I'm not a stickler for titles." People walking by didn't really notice them much. Kay wasn't exactly dressed in anything that would pinpoint who she was. "Let's see...plenty had happened since I saw you last. I married my bodyguard and advisor [member="Veiere Arenais"] . We were recently blessed with twins. That kind of caught both of us off guard as I had figured that I was unable to bear younglings if my own." Of course she kept away from the topic of how she had advanced from being the President of Commenor to it's Queen on purpose, instead going to another topic. "Other nearby worlds liked the way we ran things and how we benefited from our neutral stance, so they decided to fly our banner. We created an Alliance of sorts that grows gradually while others fight elsewhere."

Kay clasped her hands behind her as she walked along the grass. "What has kept you busy as of late?"

Jaster just nodded when [member="Lady Kay"] mentioned formalities. He was pretty much the same, though he enjoyed making the younger women become embariced by her achievements. He was a nomad now, wondering the Galaxy with his Mandalorian Clan. To see an old friend after such a long time, it brought a feeling he hadn't felt in some time, joy. He walked and listens to her, about the Jedi she married. Rumors of him spread even to his corner of the galaxy, a strong individual who commanded a legion of influential Force Users. The children however was News to him, Kay must have kept the little one away from the spot light and away from prying eyes. Young Force Users in this day and age was a danger game. Still the though of Kay as a mother did entertain the mans fractured Imagination.

When it came time to share what he was up to, a feeling of darkness rolled over him. It was a difficult time, "Things have been difficult since the First Order took over my company and world of Conglomerate Prime, I was Govenor for the First Order for some time, they made my company and people do.... things.... I resigned my position and been hiding for the last year, with the break out of the Great War, I'm low on their priorities, since then I've been looking for new assets and scavenging and rebuilding old infrastructure," Jaster groaned at the thought of it all, "it will be a long road to rebuild what I lost, but I'm dedicated to my new cause,"

He couldn't stop thinking of the children of a friend, this would be a first for him. "Enough of my doom and gloom, your a mother now?" He patted her in the shoulder as soft as he could, "It's a wonderful gift to be a parent, from experience I advise you enjoy it while their young, they grow up much too quick."

Kay-Larr

Kay didn't look at [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] as he mentioned the First Order. She just stared straight ahead with her brows furrowed while she heard him talk. It made her glad that they were outside. The First Order had been monitoring both her husband and herself for a while. They had found evidence of that, had received veiled warnings by [member="Samka Derith"] about what could happen if they rose against them. It would be a slaughter. Yes, the First Order were evil like the Empire of old, but right now their only opposition were just as guilty as they were in crimes against the Galaxy. There was too much hatred out there to fight. Their only hope was to hold out and grow while others were looking away. Here there was safety and peace without being forced into an Imperial lifestyle.

The Great War. That's what some were calling it. Though Kay wasn't sure if it was just propaganda brought on by the military industrial complex that profits from it, or another chapter in history. Only time would tell.

A touch of her shoulder brought her back from her thoughts. She looked up to Jaster and gave him a small smile. "Yes, it is a gift to be sure. Though on some nights when they decide not to sleep very much, well..." Kay laughed a little. "I'm just glad to have Veiere's help. It's my first time with newborns. I just hope that we raise them right. We're keeping them away from their roles, wanting them to be less sought after and to not have everything given to them. Hopefully it's the wise thing to do." Let them know what peace is like before they discover some of the horrors of the Galaxy. Give them good memories to hold onto in darker times.

"You can rebuild here, you know. It's safe and we have plenty of contacts throughout the Galaxy. It wouldn't be hard for your business to regrow."

It was lovely to listen to [member="Lady Kay"] talk about her newborns, he remembered the faint memory of his adopted daughter, hiding in the refugee tents of the old wars. Back when he was a softer and mellow man, hand extended to those in need. He wondered if he could ever be that man again after all the things he'd done in the name of... greed. His year of running humbled him, making him wish to build his family and reunite with his lost clansmen. So many were left behind in the last 20 years. Death, desertion, and even just fading away had reduced the nomadic Awaud Clan to a single branch clan. He really did miss his daughter, he would have to reach out to her some days.

Jaster placed his hands behind his back again as they walked down the sun light park paths. Commenor was so much more beautiful then his home world, Mandalor, or his settled world of Conglomerate Prime. A beautiful clash of natural and man made that dazzled the senses of even this Tin Man. He smiled at the mention of having a mate to assist with the care of the children.

"It took a crew to assist taking care of my Daughter, I can still hear her crys echo though the halls of my families cruiser, both my kids are Force Users so I know your pain all to well, still," he paused for a second, "I love them with all my heart even though they took two very different routes."

When buisness was brought up, Jaster was interested, "Commenor has always been a home away from home for me, and I have had offers from a Jedi Admiral in Kashyyk and setting up shop with the help of a Jedi on Anaxes, though Commenor is the Trading Hub of the Core to Mid Rims, it's a very enticingly offer Kay, is have to see what I can offer in return."

Kay-Larr

Kay could very easily picture [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] as a Father for he tended to look out for her well enough. Even at their first meeting. They were but strangers and still he made sure that she was safe, instead of selling her out to Admiral Kerkov and his forces.

"I'm not sure what will come of the twins, what paths they'll take. Right now their only future consists of eating, playing and sleeping. I just hope that they don't become targets, or at least not so soon when they can't protect themselves." Kay had already lost her two adopted children for such a reason. She didn't want to lose the twins too.

At the mention of Kashyyyk, she knew who the Jedi Admiral worked for. The Silver Jedi Order. Their two governments were sort of at odds with eachother. Moreso in part due to a mistrust between them. Neither have harmed the other in any way. But it was the attitude, the overall sense of bullying that Kay didn't like. "As long as you get back on your feet, that's all that matters."

Working with so many nations would be a difficult mission on its own, his allies that he built over the years would soften the hardships however. Ship construction between the GA, Commenor, and the Silvers was a daunting mission, but one he was willing to take on. Peace in the Core Worlds was at an all time high with the GA at war with the First Order to the Galactic South, and the Silvers policing the Sith Empire to the North with the final CIS and Empire fighting over border disputes keeping far from the Core Worlds. In the small peace, the Awaud Clan took the opportunity to gain as many allies in the process of producing privately owned ships and planetary security vessels.

"Well Kay, I appreciate the help, my clan has been struggling from the recent wars and only my children and brothers family are the remaining members," Jaster followed [member="Lady Kay"] through the streets of the city, he never visited this part of the capital. He was only ever in the merchant sector or the capital building with Kay. This must have been the more citizen area for the average Commenorian Citizen, Interesting. "This business venture will keep my family afloat while we rebuild our roots, if there is anything we can do to repay your kindness don't hesitate to ask."

Kay-Larr

While [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] knew where and what had happened to some of his Clan, Kay had no idea of what had happened to hers. Sure she was just adopted into it to save her people and planet from being attacked and destroyed by the Crusades and refused to take part in them and refused to go to Mandalore for 'proper training', thereby distancing herself from being a part of their culture. But [member="Veiere Arenais"] , [member="Stardust Raxis"] and maybe even [member="Gray Raxis"] had not allowed her to shed away that part of her life, instead wanting her to embrace it at times like they wanted her to embrace being a Force User. But Kay was stubborn and was glad that no one was forcing her to choose. Everything that she had done since her abduction had been in redemption for the dark chapter in her life. Everything was done for the good of her people.

She gave Jaster a small smile as he pretty much gave her an open offer to have him repay her with. "I already have your friendship and loyalty through that. So there really isn't anything else that I would need. I don't think that you'd ever betray me or hand me off to an enemy. We look after eachother and our families. That's good enough for me, Jaster." At this moment there wasn't anything specific that she could ask for. His business would help her economy and vice versa. "Just visit a little more often. How about that?"

[member="Lady Kay"] had always been an odd individual of all his allies, in all his years of knowing her, she never once asked for help from his nearly endless resources in both the legitimate and illegitimate means. Though being a queen of a small galactic kingdom and him being a man in ruin rebuilding a Clan from its ruins and near extinction. If she was to use his help he would find a use other then that of a business owner. He would sent the major business running to his younger brother and he would return to the job of being the Alor of the Awaud Clan.

"Well I will visit as often as I can, new duties as the Chieftain of the Awaud Clan have forced me to throw my status as Exile in the wind and must rejoin the Mandalorian Path that I ignored for years," He realized that Kay wouldn't care about his new responsibilities, she was a queen of a nation, and he was a Chieftain of a small tribe of a handful of warriors. The recent failed wars and constant pestering of the Death Watch after his denial to join their ranks only costed him more family members. "I apologies for my complaining, I'm sure you have more urgent matters to attend to then a meeting we already finished."

Kay-Larr

"Rejoin the Mandalorian Path? What exactly do you mean?" As always, the mention of Mandalorians gave her a bit of tension. She just didn't have a lot of good experiences with them. And just as [member="Veiere Arenais"] tried to encourage her to use the Force more, so too did he try to encourage her to embrace the culture that she was brought into. But she just didn't belong. Mandalorians were warriors, and she was far from one. Sure she could fight a little, but she didn't want to lose control. That was too risky.

Her brows furrowed as [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] tried to assume that she didn't want to hear about his concerns, worries or plans, as though she figured everyone, including her friends, were beneath her. In truth she had always thought the other way around. As her meetings with the heads and reps of much bigger governments have shown her, she had no high position. She was beneath them all.

"I'm not in any rush to go anywhere. I have staff that will call on me if I'm needed. So please continue with what you were saying."

Jaster was surprise to find [member="Lady Kay"] interested in this, Mandalorains were a particular breed and many only found it interesting when they needed something. A queen was interested in something as rebuilding his childhood and making a place for his people. Kay was still the same as she always was after all. He bowed his head in the direction of Kay, "Mandalorians rank their clan man and family in higher regards then that of dying in the field, we live for our families and die for personal gain, I have been living a life of greed and personal power," He looked forward as he continued his story. "I was exiled my Manda'lor the 'Failure', the son of the man who lead the Mandalorian people during the Glulag Plague, he lost his title for others to take and accomplished nothing, my title of Heir to the Alor of my clan landed on my younger brother," He sighed as he continued, "My father and brother as well as the last of the True Mandalorians of my Clansmen were killed during the siege of Mandalor and the Civil War with Death Watch, those that followed my Grandfathers ideas now live on a Star ship Flotilla with me as we wonder the galaxy looking for a new home and rebuild."

Jaster looked to the heavens, in his current state could he even be called a Mandalorian. He was forced out by his ideals and now his family was nearly all dead. His head only filled with more complicated thoughts as he was now was taking on his responsibility. Without thinking he just spoke up, "Am I really a Mandalorian?"

Kay-Larr

Kay listened to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] as he spoke of his past and of his family. She didn't look at him, instead just staring straight ahead, even as he asked his question of her in the end.

She smirked in spite of herself as she began to answer what was probably a rhetorical question. "You're asking the wrong Lady. I'm probably the worst Mandalorian out there. Here I am, living here and looking after my people, not even obeying the orders given to me by Ra to fight in his stupid crusades with those in my adopted Clan, or learn how to be a proper Mandalorian. I don't even know where my Clansmen are or what state they are in. Perhaps my marriage has given me an escape from that life, I don't know. I only joined the Clan to save Commenor from attack. And it worked. We've been left alone. Do I owe Mandalore anything? I don't think so. Yet my husband has tried to get me to embrace the culture, just as he's tried to get me to embrace other aspects of my life that I'd rather keep hidden. So no, Jaster, you aren't the worst out there. You are an honourable man that takes care of those that mean the most to him. There's nothing wrong in that."

Now Kay looked at him while they walked. "You and your family are always welcome here. Even if it's just temporary. This can be your home away from home."

Jaster broke his glance at the sky as to Queen, [member="Lady Kay"], spoke of being a Mandalorian. It was common for his people to accept others people into their clan. Most of the time they were children of their slain enemies, this though would be the first time he had heard of a full adult adopted into a clan. He tilted his head down a bit as he smiled behind his Containment Helmet, to think the Sweet and Kind Kay was a Mandalorian truely lifted his Spirits. "Kay, many Mandalorians could take a few notes out of your journals," He let out a small singular laugh, "Your Mandalorian stance reminds me of Duchess Satine, a rarity in our culture but a very great Leader from the Historical Data that survived."

He looked at his long time ally in the galaxy and a wave of emotion befell over the older Warrior, nearly bringing the man to tears. "It is rather amazing that even with all this power your still the Amazing Kay, the people of this Alliance are in great hands and your children are lucky to have such an amazing mother, if you ever want to learn more about your adopted Culture I'm on a journey to find deeper meaning myself, your children are half Mandalorian as it is."

Hearing that Kay was also Mandalorian that didn't Side with Death Watch was an amazing feeling. He and his Clan were not the only Mandalorians to not answer the Call. He had been an exile for so long, to finally not feel alone, it was a new feeling. A feeling that washed away his doubts and pains, the Cybernetic Mandalorian stood a little straighter, confidence viberated in the air as Jaster now looked forward to the Future.

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked a little as [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] suggested that Mandalorians could take notes on her journals. Of course she had no such thing, never writing anything down outside of contracts and legislation. The last thing that she needed was for the wrong person to get their hands on her personal thoughts.

"Duchess Satine? I can't say that I've heard of her...." In truth she hadn't. Did she know of any Mandalorians outside of a few in her Clan, Ra, and a couple of others? No. She could count the number of Mandalorians that she knew of with the fingers of both hands.

Jaster puzzled her. Here she gave him all of her excuses as to why she wasn't really a Mandalorian at all, and yet he says that her children are now half. Surely most Mandalorians would consider her just an outsider, just as she didn't feel as though she belonged with them at all. She wasn't a warrior. Her only set of armour wasn't really armour at all. "You flatter me, Jaster. Really. I just don't quite see myself in the same way that you do. But then again, we are our own worst critics." Most of her interactions with Mandalorians had been bad ones, yet it was better to know more about them than to not. Ignorance could only get her so far. "I will take you up on the opportunity. Veiere would be most pleased to hear it. So thank you."

The idea of [member="Lady Kay"] as a Mandalorian was still a funny thought. She was right, in the many years he knew her, she had never used that Laser Sword in a threatening way, only defensive. Yet the stories he heard about the peaceful Dutchess circled in his head. The current Idea of being a Mandalorian was that of a soldiers life, and yes, Jaster grew up with the training of a warrior. However, he also learned mathematics, philosophy, and the root culture of his people.

"You may be more Mandalorian then me Kay, you've reminded me that being Mandalorian isn't just about being a warrior, we wouldn't have lived long with that as our center, we train our young and educated them in the Canons of Honor, this was to prepare them to defend what makes them." He tapped his chest plate lightly, making a 'clank', "We stand and honor where our hearts live, for you that Commenor, the people and the culture as well as preventing its destruction, I've seen you fight, not with blaster and sword, but with words." He stopped walking as it seemed like they had a rather stunning view of Kay's Capital Building. "My grandfather put it perfectly 'Ijaat meg gar cuyir', 'Honor what makes you', your a Truer Mandalorian then those who fight in the field and die for money and glory, you have something to live for."

He stood there for a second as he took in the beauty of the planet. Though perfect, it was not a home for his Clan, they needed something to live for, not somewhere to Live. "Thank you Your Majesty," a chuckle could be hear behind the helmet as he turned to face her, "this talk has given me the courage to lead my people into the Unknown, we have only known sacrifice, glory and death, now we must learn how to live."

Kay-Larr

Kay furrowed her brows as [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] spoke about her being more Mandalorian than he was. Again, it was an absurd notion and one that she just couldn't agree with. She stopped walking when he did, subconsciously following his lead. Her eyes closed while she responded for even though she couldn't see his face, she still didn't want to see his reaction."But I am not a better Mandalorian than you or even a true one. Even if I wasn't adopted into a Clan, I would still be doing things in the same way. It's just a technicality. If any Mandalorian tried to put me through some kind of test to prove myself, I'd surely fail."

Why did she protest against it so much? Perhaps because of the horrors that she had seen them do, and the betrayal that she had by them which caused her to lose a lot. She didn't want to be stigmatized by it. Yet no one seemed to understand, not even her husband.

Was it an irrational fear that she had?

Kay opened her eyes now, wanting to shift the focus of the conversation away from herself. "Live for eachother, no matter the wrongs that may happen. That's what I do." She was always approachable and reliable. Countless of people move on, but she was always here where she was needed the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom