Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restricted Materials to add to "Unique" no dev list

Alright, with the success with Phrik and Beskar working so well with "no dev" for UNIQUE submissions only, I want to add a few more on the list.

What are the most common items in the Restricted Materials list you believe would benefit from the "No Dev if Unique", please give me your reasoning behind it as well.

Depending on the case, the amount we add may vary. But please, give me solid reasons why.

Remember, the no dev unique is only for the Technology Subforum. Not starships or Vehicles.

http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/the-factory/restricted-materials-r40

Ionite
The strengths of this material are heavily counterbalanced by the fact that its strengths are a double-edged sword. If cripples electronics, certainly, but that is also true of what makes use of it. You can't make armor out of it or else you can't use electronics, you can't make a bullet out of it if you want your slugthrower to use any form of modernized slugthrower technology, you can't use it as a weapon for the same reason as the armor, and it clearly can't be used in missiles.
Cortosis & Songsteel
They're pretty analogous to Phrik and beskar, no reason to have these two require development for unique while beskar and phrik (arguably the better materials) do not.
Pyronium
I actually don't know why this is really a restricted material, aside from the fact that it absorbs electromagnetic radiation/energy.

I'm on board for the above reasons listed for Songsteel and Cortosis.

The other two are more tech oriented and mean very little to me. I have no strong feelings one way or the other about them being added to this list for no-dev usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom