Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rest, Relaxation and Guidance

"Activating cloaking device...." Sabastian mumbled as he flicked the switch, activating the Nemesis's stygium crystal cloaking device, making it essentially invisible to even the most advanced of scanners, atleast, long enough for him to set the ship down somewhere safe. For now, this clearing in the forest near the ocean would have to do. The sith were unlikely to come out this far, and it was right under their nose, perfect really for an Assassin in hiding. Sabastian powered down the ships systems once it had landed, and breathed a sigh of relief. He exited the ship and took a few minutes just looking around and taking in the serenity of the place, though even now the dark side was starting to make it's presence known

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

It had been a long time since Sera had visited Tython. The last time having been the evacuation of the Jedi temple - a temple now defaced, a ruin, tainted by the dark side and the Sith during their invasion of the planet. It made her sick. Making her way back through the jungle, having just exited what remained of the ancient structure she noticed a rather substantial gust of wind drag past, pulling with it the tops of trees and the sounds of a shuttle engine. To her rather surprise however, no ship could be seen. Strange. She was familiar with stealth ships, but it seemed rather odd for someone to drop this far out on Tython under disguise, unless they were Jedi, or civilians, trying to flee the Sith.

The Twi'lek followed the direction the ship had sounded to be heading, along with the direction the trees seemed to blow towards. Her curiosity always seemed to get the best of her.

[member="Sabastian Bane"]

Sabastian got to work, covering some parts of the ship with nearby folliage that had dropped to the ground, disguising it from distance, then he unloaded a few supplies, no need to stay in cramped crew quarters when you could enjoy some fresh air. Nothing too fancy of course, a crate to sit on, a bottle to drink, and a fire to keep warm, it would do for now. Sabastian brushed a hand through his hair, before slumping down onto the crate, a shudder running through his body. ' I'm alive....I actually made it....' He thought to himself, though he hand't escaped completely unharmed. Most simple movements still pained him, and he still had the occasional muscle spasm in his right arm, but they were fading with every parsec he put between himself and his captors.

It took about 30-45 minutes of wandering in the direction she had felt a ship moving in before she came to a relatively large clearing. She nearly popped out of the treeline until she noticed a man moving some things from the ship that had surely been the one she felt overhead not too long ago. The bright skinned Twi'lek dropped to her knees and watched for a while. He didn't look like any Jedi, that was sure enough, and he certainly didn't seem like any regular civilian. Who would have a ship like that for no reason? It wasn't something you just went out and bought on impulse.

For some time she would sit and wait, watching his movements. A Jedi on Tython was already risky enough, but if he was a bounty hunter or something similar, it would be better off for her to avoid the situation entirely.

On impulse Sabastians gaze went up from the fire looking around, something was nearby, but what he didn't know, probably just some beast but, Sabastian kept his guard up. After a few minutes of tense silence Sabastian let himself relax just a little once again. He took off his gloves and rolled up the sleeves of his arms, inspecting them. The marks had barely begunn to fade, and he knew he would bare them for quite some time. He went back inside the ship, coming out a few minutes later with a ration bar. They tasted terrible, like rocks with a glaze of moist sand, but they provided the necesarry nutrients to keep him going. "Might be able to stay here a few days...." He said out loud, before being caught in a coughing fit that had him doubled over for a few minutes before he recovered. He wiped a hand across his mouth, and it came away covered in blood. He grimaced, grabbing a rag from one of the pockets on his pants he cleaned his hand and his mouth.

Curious one he is. He seemed rather lost, judging by what she was seeing. Perhaps a merchant? But why would a merchant have a ship like that? Unless he was a smuggler or a pirate of some sort. Odd. She crept a bit closer, trying to remain unseen. She watched as he entered the ship, returning a few minutes later with food. I guess he's making camp here or something. Maybe his ship is damaged, or out of fuel. The Twi'lek covered her head with the darkened robes she had that covered her armor and wandered out from the treeline. There was little point in remaining hidden, he didn't seem all that threatening, at least nothing she couldn't handle.

"Hello there." She spoke quietly, a bit of pink skin revealed under the veil of the hood, and within the sleeves of the fabric.

Sabastian's gaze snapped up to the new arrival to enter the clearing. The dark robe was enough to set him on edge "Hello..." He ventured cautiously, his hand on his thigh within easy reach of his blaster pistol. "Is there something you need?" He asked, his entire body coiled like that of a snakes ready to go in for a fight or away toward the ships. He started to cough again , and brought a hand up to cover his mouth. The hand once again came away with some blood on it "Blast...."

Sera watched as his hand reached for his hip. She nervously stopped her advance and held both of her hands in front of her. "No. I just happened to notice you there. It seemed odd that a ship would land way out here, and you seem to be stranded or something." She pointed over to the ship. "I couldn't see your ship in the air, I did feel it though. It shook the trees and made quite the gust as it passed overhead." She raised a brow. "Why the secrecy? Are you some kind of smuggler?"

She observed as he wiped away the smear of blood from his hand after the small coughing fit. It was hard to see in the dark, but noticeable enough. "Are you alright? You're an odd sight way out here."

"Huh I wish I were a smuggler, be a lot simpler in the truth.....I suppose you could say I'm lost and looking for the road that leads home" Cryptic? Sure but thats about how much sense recent events had made to him "I'm just looking to stay low for a few days, catch a little rest before I move on " He rubbed his eyes, for a moment betraying just how weary of this all he really was, before slipping back into the more confidant persona "Not exactly no....But I'll live...I think" He didn't sound too sure of himself "And what are you doing so far out of the way ? Unless you're one of...Them...." The last word was said in something close to a growl

"I see." She said. She viewed the man with a bit of suspicion. "Where is home, then?" If he wasn't a smuggler or a pirate, but was looking for a place to lay low in Sith territory he was likely a fugitive of some kind. A fugitive of the Sith was typically anything but bad in her book. She raised a brow at the mention of being one of them, whatever that meant.

"What do you mean? One of...What, exactly?" She turned, pointing toward the direction she had come from. "Some time ago a Jedi temple once stood here. It was razed by the Sith and much of it remains in ruin. That which was important was relocated elsewhere, but the meaning behind it, what it stood for, can never be taken. That is why I am here."

"One of them....I mean the Sith..." He elaborated crossing his arms and staring up toward the dark night sky, light only by stars. "And therein lays my problem, I don't know where home is anymore. Not since it was torn from me so many years ago. I figure one of these days i'll find it again, and simply know its right" He glanced over in the direction of the ruins, even though they were obscured by the trees "Would that make you a Jedi then?" He asked, starting to catch on to why she was here

"Ah, yes. The Sith. One could presume as much. Tython has not been in Republic hands now for some time." She nodded her head. Apparently he was fleeing them as she had deduced from his hesitation just moments ago. "A Jedi?" She shrugged. What was she, after all? "In a word, yes. Though there is more to it than that. I am not a Jedi in the sense of being tied to an Order, but I do follow the path of the light side of the Force, if that is what you're interested in knowing."

She took another few steps towards Sabastian, offering her hand to him. "I'm Sera."

He took the hand and kissed it "Sabastian, Enchanted I'm sure. And If i'm to be truthful you have me somewhat intrigued....I think I may seek out the temple, once light returns on the morrow. I feel it may be quite an enlightening experience.........For now though you're welcome to sit and share my fire, if You've nowhere else to go. Perhaps you can tell me a bit more about yourself....And I'll answer whatever questions you have, of course" He offered, releasing her hand. The coughing had subsided for now, which came as welcome relief to him

The kiss on the hand was a bit unexpected, rarely was anyone ever so formal with introductions, at least towards her. "There isn't much left of it. It was razed a while back when the Sith invaded Tython and conquered it, having ousted the Republic from the core." Her ship was still a ways away in the opposite direction, and darkness had already fallen during her following of Sabastian's ship to the clearing. "Thank you though, that is kind." She followed him, sitting cross-legged on the ground, looking up towards the darkened sky. "I was a Jedi that served the Republic. That was some time ago. Followed the Order and engaged the Sith in numerous battles across the Republic's space, which you'll notice is quite limited now. The results of those battles were less than stellar, and slowly but steadily the Republic has been in decline. I realized over time that there was little we could do to stop the Sith, without the aid of our neighboring governments, but the Republic was stubborn, never asking for aide, and so I felt it better to abandon ship before I died for a cause that truthfully, nobody but the blindly devoted believes in anymore."

"I'm afraid my story is nowhere near that spectacular. I'm no great general, no famous warrior, no amazing admiral. I'm just an ex-soldier, Betrayed by my co, and then his co. I've been imprisoned, tortured, punished for crimes I did not commit. I escaped, only to be taken by another captor, before once again breaking out. "
He admitted, reaching out to offer [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] a canteen with water in it. "So now I travel the stars, staying one step ahead of those that seek to once again claim me as a prize, doing whatever work comes my way "

"You were a member of the Sith's military?" She raised an eye, a moment of concern brushing over her, forcing her to pause her words before she continued. "What exactly happened that you're on the run now?" Sith defectors were a rare sight. Most either lived their lives under their rule, or were killed long before they could ever share their story. Sabastian would be an anomaly for sure, and that drove her curiosity further.

"How long have you been on the run?" She graciously accepted the canteen and took a few sips from it before passing it back. "If you're looking to lay low, I would suggest getting as far out of the reach of the Sith as possible. If you can make it through Republic space, I would recommend Mandalore, or Voss. Those are relatively safe for someone in your....predicament."

"Well...I was a Stormtrooper. A damned good one. Good enough to make my superiors wary of me. I was relegated to the most dangerous patrols, the harshest fighting. It wasn't a pleasant life, but it was the only one I had. When I survived they decided to step up their games. I faced everything from trials to assassination attempts, yet I made it through. But when I was arrested on the flimsiest of pretences, Not shooting civilians, I knew it was time to get out. I managed to sneak aboard a ship off world, before joining up with a mercenary company. Of Course thats where the the Sith found me, they wiped out my entire company, and took me captive. I was tortured for over an entire year, before I managed to eventually gain the sympathy of one of my guards. I managed to get out of my cell and steal a ship, The Sith's prized posession. And since then I've been on the run." Sabastian told his story while gazing into the fire. It seemed as if the events were reflected in his eye's in the flames of the fire. He swept a hand through his hair as he just realized just how many years he'd been on the run. Suddenly the weight of it all caught up to him and he felt little, besides simply weary. Weary of this life of paranoia and fear. He just wanted a peaceful existence, at the least for just a short while .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom