Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Required Strengths & Weaknesses

For tattletale narcs, is not having the requisite number of weaknesses something to be reported?

No, we're running a forum, not an inquisition.

I want people to have a bio and I want it to say something about the character, and I want it to have a strength and a weakness.

However, those are the fields which are almost always filled out, even if it is "Wants to save everyone" or "Gets angry sometimes".

So eh, I'm not encouraging a witch hunt.

Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

While I personally think strengths and weaknesses can help a writer in fleshing out a character, they can be hard to design at the beginning without a feel for how a character will be or quickly shift into new avenues of development in terms of strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't say get rid of them completely since that wouldn't work.

Just think it could be shifted more into a recommended part of the character sheet template. A template that I perceived to be similar to how the Factory and Codex templates are in that the sections of the character sheet template are highlighted as required as necessary things that should be on all character bios posted. However, that could just be my Autism mind reading too literally into things.

I am content either way, just wanted to bring the discussion up since there was a discussion already happening about this on discord and thought it would be better to have it more openly discussed here and get staff inputs.

Since you can edit your own bio at any time I hardly feel it matters. If you put down that someone's impulsive but they don't turn out to be, edit in something else. The bio is mainly there for other people to know how your character works.

The codex and factory templates must be complete and are judged. Your bio is not. We will keep it as a required part of the template.

And if you want to rat on your fellow writers like this is primary school because they don't have a 'hair' section in their bio, that's on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom