Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Republic Volenteer Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
f9e621ecbd48c228b2c0501a2d27a7fb--star-wars-rebels-rebel-soldier-star-wars.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
* Intent: Create a Basic Military Unit for the Republic Army
* Image Credit: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f9/e6/21/f9e621ecbd48c228b2c0501a2d27a7fb--star-wars-rebels-rebel-soldier-star-wars.jpg
* Role: Light-Volenteer Infantry

GENERAL INFORMATION
* Unit Name: Republic Volenteer Army
* Affiliation: The Republic
* Classification: Infantry
* Equipment:
Assortment of Light Armed Vest and Helmet purchased by the Trooper
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/67941-snips-sniper-blaster/- Snips Sniper Rifle
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/67229-assassin/- Assassin Pistol
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/86707-droid-bold-rilfe/- Droid Bolt Rifle
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/65900-rx-329-blaster-rifle/- Blaster Rifle

COMBAT INFORMATION
* Availability: Common
* Deployment: Mass
* Strengths & Weaknesses:
Strength:
  • Numerical Advantage - Made up of Volunteers and non-issued armor, they have a massive force to assault any position.
  • Weaknesses:
  • Lesser Equipment - Only State Supplies they are Equipped with being a blaster and some clips, Conscripts are informed to get their own Armor, Helmet, and protective gear. All of the equipment are aged and low quality.
  • Low Morale - Really nothing more then a Lightly Trained Mob, if much of their forces start to falter and about 50% of the force enters retreat, they entire unit will enter a panic and chaotic retreat or charge
* Description:
Often the Military Garrison Units of the Republic Reconstruction Government, these soldiers are the first line of defense and public order. They are chose from around the galaxy and many Republic secretly funded refugee centers from across the star systems. They are a large group of soldiers that are used to attack small fortifications as well as defend large garrisons where their large numbers outweigh the possibility of defeat. In the early times of the Republic Reconstruction of the Army, these units were used across their defensive line. Also acting a local militias, the Vilenteer Army are to assist local safety officers with policing the outer reaches of the planets capabilities with outpost and regular patrols.

Volunteers that left their homes to join what remained of the once great Republic these men and woman joined to help rebuild the Democratic Government. Once they entered the ranks of the Republic Army, these individuals are given minimal equipment with only a blaster and what they have on their backs. Much like the resistance or Rebels of past, all soldiers of the Volenteer Units are to get their own armor and protective gear. The Republic is unable to provide such for such a large unit at the time. Since then, the uniformity of the Volenteer Army is very Rag-Tag and non-unison.

Trained by the Republic General Jaster Awaud and his private Militia of Mandalorian Warriors. The Army is trained in the basics of military tactics and how to act as a group. They installed a mob mentality mainly due to the lack of training time as well as bad equipment it was determined that it would be the best training method. Any Republic Military Unit that receives less then 2 month of training and lower tier equipment joins the Volenteer Army.

Deployments:
  • Regiment- 4 battalions (2,560 units) led by a Regiment Commander or Lieutenant Colonel
  • Battalion- 4 companies (640 units) led by a Battalion Commander or Major.
  • Company- 4 platoons (160 units) led by a captain.
  • Platoon- 4 squads (40 units) led by a lieutenant, second lieutenant, and sergeant-major.
  • Squad- 10 units led by a sergeant and corporal.

Hey.

Before we do anything let's get some links sorted out. Can you do me a favour and hyperlink the Republic faction first.

Secondly, can we define what comes under assortment of helmets and vests? What are these folks normally seen wearing? Can we hyperlink some tech perhaps?

Third, we don't actually have an availablity that is "Very Common". Just shrink this down to common as to not confuse folk.

Thanks,
Kei

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

That works for me.

I can't see an issue with this then. It just comes with the regular "don't abuse this" warning cause there are some pretty high numbers there. Otherwise, I'll stick this with my trainee pending approval for [member="Taeli Raaf"] to scan through and secondary approve.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

A few things to be addressed:
  • Please hyperlink the faction these are going to be used for
  • Availability has not been edited, please change this to Common
  • For the low morale weakness, how much does it take for the force to start routing? 50%? 75%? Give me a percentage there please
  • Nitpick corner:
    Jaster of Clan Awaud said:
    Made up of Volenteers
    Volunteers is spelled wrong

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness

You say the unit is made up of volunteers, but the very definition of conscript means they were forced into service. It would behoove you to change the unit name to something more fitting.

I would also recommend removing the deployment list altogether. For approval though, I'd be content with removing Legion and larger.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
From the Combat Unit template:
This template should be used to construct combat units and is ideal for mercenary groups, military combat groups, private sector forces, royal protection details, and other combat units with specific tasks/missions/designations that make up a larger cohesive army for factions. This template is NOT for large scale combat units or entire armies.
Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom