Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic Military Ball (Open to Republic and Allies)

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

It was not unusual that they would find themselves at the ball. She dressed senators ambassadors and nobility.

But she had to admit he made her smile. Tried to make it all seem alright, even if she was flighty. She saw him couldn't help it he had a presence that drew the eye. She looked and watched, lifting a hand she waved.

There was a lot going on. Family. Business. Offers. She sighed,and began to walk towards him. What was she going to say.?

How's the girl? Hows,life? Hows,business?

She got closer, "hello Viktor"

Caelag nodded, both to Viktor and Dresden. However, after easily catching the inhaler and looking it over, she tossed it back to him with a sigh. "Count me out of that. Can't be certain it wouldn't block out my sight for a while. Shouldn't drink that much either. It's even worse for me to be drunk than the Second Lieutenant over there." She offered a small, dry laugh as she straightened her uniform and cloak again. She suddenly felt, talked down to. Viktor's words were something of a lecture to her, making her sort of shrink down as she tried to pretend to hide in her cloak. She bowed her head to [member="Viktor Alexander"] and [member="Dresden Verbrennung"]. "The Republic's died before. Ideals don't die... do they Commander? Anyways, gentlemen, it was a pleasure to meet you both. Let us hope the next meeting is as calm as this. May the Force be with you both." She bowed again, before walking around them to leave them with the girl who showed up. She was here to meet people, after all. Relax, and meet people. After all, she couldn't know who she would be serving with next.

Along the way she noted where everyone was, and noted a woman standing alone. After a moment, she straightened up and walked over to her. [member="Symara Tarriq"] seemed to be facing off to the side from her, as she made her way over. She shifted so she wouldn't seem rude or anything, and stood beside her. "You seem almost as out of place here as I am..." She said quietly so she could hear. It was after an appropriate length of time, of course, she didn't state it outright, as that would be rude, or aggressive. After a few moments though, it was much more polite.

[member="Gael bar Ammon"] [member="Claire Organa"] [member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Kista Fel"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Sai Fel"]

Viktor intentionally ignored the inhaler being tossed back and forth between [member="Dresden Verbrennung"] and [member="Caelag Vass"] choosing instead to return the nod before Caelag turned to leave. Everyone had their Vices........he knew that more than anyone. Speaking on Vices his just happen to walk up at that time though the way she greeted him did cause a brief frown to cross his lips before he tucked it away.

"You don't sound to happy to see me."

Even so he reached out to her pulling her into him before planting a soft kiss on her cheek. Still close to her ear his whispered.

"I know you are worried about your sister Claire and as soon as I hear something from my guys I will let you know." "But that is no reason to shut me out."

He pulled back giving her a genuine smile.

"You look amazing."

[member="Claire Organa"]

Symara still saddled up at the bar, had finished off a double shot of Corellian Whiskey. She followed the Mandalorian's lead on that note. When she had thought to move a few bar stools over to try and speak with [member="Gael bar Ammon"]. Instead she was faced with a rather strange looking person, [member="Caelag Vass"]. Not having looked over to see who the person was the sniper only looked into her empty shot glass and responded. "Do I stick out that much?" It's rhetorical. "What makes you-."

Turning her head she looked and let out a little, "oh." As she pushed her shot glass away, debating whether or not to ask the Miralukan if they were a Jedi. Seemed a bit speciesist and this definitely was not the place to ask such questions, or at least this was Symara's view. "What gave me away?" She asks instead as she looks down at the bar, wondering how long she can sustain the conversation. All the while convincing herself that she needed to talk to people and it probably wasn't healthy to keep quiet for so long. Or so at least one of her mothers would say. "Names Symara, yours?" She offers as an introduction turning her head to speak with the other person.

[member="Kista Fel"]

She looked at her with a smile on her face and a little embarrassed mostly for show. Her life as the bastard of Ronin had been strange and her more 'full blooded' siblings well they had died as she was there. Looking at her aunt though and all of the others around her she offered a smile. "Ah auntie, the training is going well and meeting a lot of people. The new Grandmaster Mako is very impressive compared to some I have to admit. Very open to different orders like the Imperial knights being there." She was looking around now and there was a whole lot of other people there as she was nervous but there was always something you would want to do being around. "Is there anyone here aside from you that I might know?"

"The lack of a military uniform, for one. At a military ball like this anyone out of uniform is a bit of an oddity." To emphasize her point, she moved an arm out from her cloak to show off her own, with the Corporal markings on the sleeve. "For the second point, not many women would be brave enough to wear a dress to an event mostly comprised of drunk military men. I have to assume you're brave on that point, the other option is foolish." She bowed her head, denying the offer of a drink when it came from one of the tenders. She had three glasses already, of something. Best not to overdo it when it could block her sight.

"Symara, that's a nice name. I'm Caelag <Kay-lahg>. What brings you here of all places tonight?"

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Symara settled in her seat and motioned for the Corporal to saddle up at the bar beside her. Part of her thinks it's cute, corporal. Cute because she could recall being that young and that full of herself. Drunk frat boys which - most military guys were - didn't scare her. Plus, most Corellians would welcome the brawl. "I'd welcome a fight, would definitely liven up the night." She says nonchalantly, normally she wouldn't have said anything. The sniper blames the whiskey for her loose tongue. "If it were my military, I'd wear my uniform." Her voice is a softer here, and she clears it to maintain her composure. Looking down at her dress she scoffs, "funny, normally I don't even come to these things - let alone in a dress." She was exposed and vulnerable, but more than capable of taking care of herself if anyone wanted to get fresh. She motions for a club soda to the barkeep and sits up on the stool.

"On leave from Denon, not entirely sure if I'll return." Like a lost soldier without a war, she supposed, but more like an orphan without a home. "Kind of between places and uniforms at the moment." The Corellian thanks the barkeep and stirs the straw along the edge of the glass her drink. "You?" She asks taking a sip of her soda. Not every military member came to functions like this - and perhaps not every time one was given. Everyone had a story.

[member="Caelag Vass"]

"My Dad begged me to take some time off from all the fighting. In honesty I'd much prefer to be on the battlefield somewhere with my X-52. Instead I'm listening to speeches and talking to new people to pass the time." The corporal sat down on one of the stools and rubbed her head a bit. Some of the earlier drinks were hitting full effect now, just enough to blur her vision a bit. Annoying, but expected. Regardless, she would continue talking and interacting like normal. It would be rude not to do so.

"I suppose it could be worse. No one's mocked me yet or doubted my capabilities, though I'm not sure why they would here of all places. And I haven't had to do more than make conversation with a few privates who don't understand the difference between a human and a Miraluka. I suppose that's a good night then, ain't it?" Amusingly she didn't include 'talking to a pretty girl' like most anyone drunk would've in her situation. Truly married to her work, Caelag was. Made enough sense to her, her only pride in life was fighting for a cause she trusted.

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Thoja Arlos

Grand Marshal Contemplation
Thoja wondered into the venue of the ball, which had already started. He was well dressed, wearing a black suit and tie, no weapons this time. Two men stood at the doors to the ball room, who allowed him to enter. He walked inside, to find all manner of people talking, and he hoped he wasn't about to draw all of their attentions at the same time. He moved carefully across the room, towards the balcony. He'd been there for less than a minute and already needed some breathing room, and a strong drink.

Entering onto the balcony, he'd lean against the edge, peering out over the city. He wasn't really paying attention, and didn't note if anyone were on the balcony with him or not.

[member="Dresden Verbrennung"]

Here we go she thought she looked over at Draco, who looked very nice in his black suit, white shirt open at the throat she in the form fitted black dress that hugged her almost like a second skin, she walked slowly beside Draco as they entered the Ball. There was so many things going on right now they needed a break and they needed to be seen in public.

This would be the first formal setting within the Republic that they would attend. She held her breath as the moved she looked casually about to see if there was anyone she would recognize.

Her hand laid gently on Draco's arm, how many would recognize him without his armor, and then there was the other concern would they accept his presence.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Was she shutting him out? She was shutting out the galaxy, she worked more now than before and she had very little time for anything relaxing or what others might call fun, even this ball it was business not pleasure.

Even though running into Viktor meant she had no idea how the evening would go, she smiled. "I'm not trying to shut you or anyone else out, I just.." she stared at him for a moment as she collected the right words, "I'm busy a lot lately, the ball season is here, and the royal wedding is approaching, I just..."

She smiled as had not gone far from her, "How about a drink?" She could use one.

It was not a common sight to see Draco without his armor or his weapons, even if he was never truly unarmed. Black suit, white shirt, no tie with the top three buttons open comfortably and his Princess on his arm. His dark black mane was pulled back and his face was neatly trimmed. It wasn't often Faith dressed him up and took him out into the finer side of the public, and on Alderaan the people always saw him with Black and Yellow armor on, standing beside their princess, or they saw nothing but expressionless visor.

"See any of your friends, mesh'la?" He asked with a smile as she lead him into the ballroom. Military Balls were basically an excuse to serve as much alcohol as possible and make the rank and file feel like they were cared about, regardless of the truth. His own people threw parties, but off the battlefield, Mandalorians took much less to rank than others. The mudsluggers and the commanders mixed and mingled in the bars and settlements much more than traditional military.

This however, wasn't what he was used to. Going to a party with a government he had opposed several times, and still disagreed with. Too much politics, not enough conviction in his mind. Any of the Senate these days would get all of these men killed to save a couple of credits, especially since Faith wasn't a Senator. But she was the Minister of Intelligence for the Republic, a position that had forced her to sideline Draco and his mercenaries for a time. In order to respect her position and title, he couldn't work for the other side, and his people were currently settling down and farming, growing, crafting again, returning to their daily lives for the time being.

[member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Claire Organa"]

Viktor smiled a hand reaching out to graze her cheek.

"You just what?

A playful smirk flashed on his lips as he held his glass out to her still half full.

Symara quirked a brow, "I'll try not to be offended." She half-way joked, bringing the club soda back up to her lips. She could certainly emphasize with the want to fight. Fighting was second nature, being a soldier was a lot easier than being a person, human in her case. So she listened, to Caelag as one listened to any other peer. With ease and a certain amount of interest, looking toward Caeleg when it felt necessary. She scoffed a little at the last statement and she supposed she had to agree. "I suppose, things could certainly be worse." It could always be worse, she looked down at her alarmingly empty glass of club soda.

Tapping the counter for a refill she shifted her body to be a little more inviting of conversation. Getting another survey of the room she spotted another Mandalorian and another Organa. Suddenly this Military Ball was turning into a show of who's who and she certainly felt out of place. Scooting closer into the bar she decided to branch off on an earlier statement. "It's interesting, growing up I always wanted to be like my mom, she'd come home in that uniform and I'd be so proud of her." The sad smile on her face wore, "so when I went to the Academy, and I wore that uniform - her face, her face was just, like she hadn't been happier or more proud of me in that moment. Like your dad, though, she was always trying to get me to take time off, and I would say, no mom I gotta do this or I gotta do that, I gotta get into this position for that job." A shrug, "she had a point, taking time off always did some good."

[member="Caelag Vass"]

[member="Draco Vereen"]

She was looking about carefully, "no I don't think" She stopped she saw someone she did know she stopped to watch the encounter, "Draco Claire is here and meeting with the new Finance Minister, how very interesting." How did Claire know the minister, and just how intimately did they know each other.

She looked at Draco, "otherwise I really don't see...oh wait isn't that [member="Gir Quee"] over there?" She did not move to go towards him not yet she wanted Draco to be sure that she was correct. Did Draco know Gir?

He held out the glass and she took it she took a draw from the glass, "I'm just trying to keep moving I'm worried about Tori. I don't understand what she's doing, or why, AND I don't know why she didn't talk to me before just...pulling her disappearing act."

She looked at the glass took another sip and then handed it back to Viktor, "Dance with me Viktor, please" She wanted tonight to be normal unscripted and just two people doing the things that came naturally.

She didn't know what to do about Viktor he was...important to her....and at times she wanted much more than what they played around with. She wanted....it all.

But she had a business to build...and she had not talked to [member="Ember Rekali"] in weeks and felt bad about that. She was becoming closed off. It was scary when she didn't even realize what was happening.

Draco glanced across the room, not many familiar faces, but then again it had been three years since he had been with the Republic and most of the ones he had worked with were dead or had left the Republic during that time. Not many of them were left with all the loss of territory and long wars they had fought. Not to mention the regime changes the Republic had gone through. For a short period of time they were a militaristic dictatorship and there had been a rebellion Faith had been a part of. "Ah, your cousin. I suppose my contract got the last finance minister fired after all."

He shrugged, and moved to stand behind Faith, resting his arms around her comfortably as he relaxed, swaying gently. "Hmm, I'm not sure. There was a time I was a grunt with the Republic Military and I did have some conversations with Gir, but that has been awhile." A couple of years. In fact, that had been before he was even aware of his potential in the Force.

The big man glanced around, there was a bar serving drinks, the occasionally waiter or server also serving drinks and small pieces of food the Mandalorian didn't recognize. "Do you want to mingle, or do you and to sit and wait for them to mingle with us?" He asked quietly, letting his warm breath tickle her ear while he leaned close to whisper to her, kissing her neck just below her jaw as he finished speaking.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Viktor smirked his hand dropping from her face and wrapping around her waist pulling her into him planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

"There is something incredibly hot about how you say please."

He held her there for a minute before sliding a step away and leading her towards the dance floor. He set the glass down on the first flat surface they passed.

"You know you can always call if you need somebody to talk to Claire."

Once on the dance floor he pulled her close in again only this time to move with the music.

[member="Claire Organa"]

Gir managed to avoid most of the attention that he might have accrued in the past by slyly slinking through shadowed areas of the venue and moving with the serving droids and staff. It was perhaps the most childish thing he had done in a long time, and all from the effects of a single drink which he hadn't even had managed to finish. He leaned up against a pillar and brought the glass up to eye level, eying the bubbling green-blue mixture. Perhaps I should not be drinking something so quickly when I don't even know what it is...He gently set down the glass on a nearby table, taking time to observe the proceedings.

There were many faces which Gir did not recognize, though there were a few that he did. And while people changed and moved out, he couldn't help but feel like much of the atmosphere was like his first ball with Admiral Tyven. He watched a pair of old soldiers, battle-hardened blood brothers, catching up on their latest stories over a bottle of what Gir thought was a cheap Lantillian Gin. Normally such a beverate would be out of place in a venue like this, but he couldn't help but wonder if it was a tradition formed from when they were younger and had fewer credits to spare. Gir himself had tossed more back more than a few bottles of Mandalorian-brewed Tihaar after working in cooperation with the Mandalorian clans during the invasion of Toprowa. He still bought the few bottles he encountered of it on the open market, but that was more out of nostalgia than of actual use; he probably hadn't had a good drink in several months now.

He eyed the glass on the table.

As tumultous as those days had been and as they continued to be, he sometimes wondered if they had been better days. He stopped his thought process. Are these really useful thoughts? Time continues forward...we can look back it, walk in step with it, or gaze longingly at the future...Gir wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to continue mentally philosophizing in his buzzed state. He decided to people watch instead, given that Admiral Lod's lastest comm message said that he was going to be somewhat tardy.

His eyes continued to scan the environment, briefly coming to rest on [member="Faith Organa"] and [member="Draco Vereen"]. He hadn't heard much about either of them recently, though he had heard rumors that Draco had come to embrace his Mandalorian heritage. He thought that might of them might have noticed him, and gave a somewhat hesitant if friendly wave that may have looked like it was directed at them, or the half dozen people around them. It seemed to Gir that they might be somewhat preoccupied, so he opted to remain a temporary wall flower until Lod arrived.

Caelag chuckled lightly, nodding along with her words. "Yes, smart people our parents are then. I imagine my mother would be saying much the same if she were here, about the value of time off duty and with friends and family." She bent down and rested her head on the table, admittedly somewhat exhausted that night. She had the slowly dawning headache from her earlier drinks, and now talking about work and rest made her realize how long it truly had been since she didn't have a job to do. As a recon or infiltration specialist, she had often been put behind enemy lines to take out this target or that objective. On occasion she would be part of a squad, sometimes she'd be on her own. Genuinely this was a strange realization, and it only made her more tired.

"I remember first seeing my parents in uniform together," Caelag started, thinking back to the day she had been adopted. "I was scared back then, I hadn't seen anyone in a uniform before. I think I was startled by the handful of medals they had, I can't recall why. The clinking was just frightening to me." She smiled a little bit and glanced over at Symara. "And now I'm wearing the uniform. Funny how things go, isn't it?"

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom