Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic Commandos 2 Ideas

If anyone else loved Star Wars: Republic Commandos, then you had reason to! The enemy AI of each type was accurate, battle droids stood there and shot (or walked at you while shooting), super battle droids lumbered slowly while gunning you down, even the Genosians were accurately displayed.

Of course, I've heard they canceled it, and that info came out this year alone. But if any of you could get a second Republic Commandos, I'm curious what you'd like to see.

If they just made the same game in a new setting with the same graphics I would be totally fine. But concerning what they could improve on, or what I would like to see? There is a couple things, main on is...

WHERE IS SEV?!

I hated reading the books and Traviss not being able to say anything cause his rights where still tied to the games and they might make another game and he could be in it. I heard in a theory on the new game that he survived and was one of the ones that started the rebellion against the empire.

I think it would be cool to have a setting in that timeline, helping Sev with starting the rebellion. Getting your team back to Sev, or going to Mandalore and getting their culture back. There's a lot that I wouldn't mind seeing. I personally think it would be kind of cool to see an Old Republic era game. Republic Commandos during the Empire-Republic war thousands of years ago. There is a lot of lore and fun locations during that timeline and I would love to go back to it.

Gameplay wise? I would like to see new commands that you could give being squad leader. New animations for door breaches and different ways to move your commando into a room instead of just(Breach/Hack) door. Maybe some undercover missions where you aren't in armor, maybe you're in civilians just walking around a city following someone and getting info. Probably too much for me to list honestly, but i would like to just see a new Commando game. I was hoping Battlefront would just keel me over and keep me occupied forever, but unfortunately that game was a huge disappointment in my eyes, so I am always looking to getting back to some good classic Star Wars!

[member="Onyx Stygian"]

They said that their first idea was during Order 66, the second idea was what you described. I always hoped if Sev DID come back, he'd just show up to save Delta, maybe have scrapped droids as pieces to repair his armor. One time I even said Sev should've modified a dead super battle droid faceplate to be a mask with a skull design.

What would be nice, would be Order 66 time, but about halfway in they meet a certain Jedi or Padawan who they refuse to kill, and then you have to fight off the clones you worked with the first half of the game. And if they find Sev at some point Sev would probably love to go on revenge trips on soldiers like Bly, Bacara, Thire, all the ones who just turned on their Jedi without hesitation.

[member="Brent Warnel"]

[member="Onyx Stygian"]

In Karen Traviss adaptation of Republic Commando. One of the stories is about Order 66 and it tells what happens to Delta and Omega squads. That's not canon anymore but I feel like that tale has been told through her because it is pretty darn close to what I think those guys would do as clones. If you haven't I would say read it. 5 part series I believe and you get to see what they did through order 66 and after.

Clone vs Clone would be interesting. They had a mission like that on the old Star Wars Battlefront 2 at Kamino, it wasn't in depth, but trying to reason with other clones and having a storyline about it would be fun. Couldn't see it being the main part of a game though, maybe a small part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom