Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic and Echani: LOOK HERE!

Janira Fenni

J
Hey gang. I started a thread because the Echani need to upgrade their shipyards. In order to do that, we need to investigate existing shipyards. We've chosen to visit the Republic as they were our first alliance. Here is a link to the thread: Building For Our Future. We do hope some Republic people will join us.

Rekali the Hutt

R
While relations with the Echani Compact are a high priority for the Republic, we have recently become engaged in a battle on the outskirts of our territory, and by the looks of it will likely head to war. Thus all Republic Shipyards have been hard at work making our own naval vessels, and we currently cannot spare the time or resources to aid you in your efforts.

We'd be happy to help you investigate our current shipyards. :D

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Aeron Darklighter - *kicks you out.*

skin, bone, and arrogance
Darren Brunswick said:
We'd be happy to help you investigate our current shipyards. :D

@[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""]Aeron Darklighter - *kicks you out.*
And we'd be happy to make sure our "representative" doesn't provide any proprietary Kuati technology. Get me?
74bdtumblr_inline_mkr7s0nOwp1qz4rgp.gif

Avadreia Lacroix said:
And we'd be happy to make sure our "representative" doesn't provide any proprietary Kuati technology. Get me?
74bdtumblr_inline_mkr7s0nOwp1qz4rgp.gif
Yeah, yeah, whatever. Don't worry.
But you do realize this will be a great opportunity for the KDY to sell its products to new customers? (The Echani)

skin, bone, and arrogance
Strictly speaking, KDY doesn't really need new customers--we're rolling in it. And they wouldn't be a customer so much as competitors in waiting. I was only funning with you, though. I don't need more reasons for Avadreia to want to dispatch Brunswick, but if you want to give 'em then go ahead! :p

Rekali the Hutt

R
Unfortunately for you Senator Brunswick, after you're provoking of your own people and the Republic's largest provider of Ships you are unlikely to ever be trusted with allocation of military funding or projects again.

As for our alliance Ms. Fenni, as much as our resources are currently being drained and are projected to be drained in the coming war it would do you well to remember what happened to the "Grandmaster" of your so called "Jedi Order". If this is how your leadership is to conduct itself in naval combat you should be able to clearly see our reluctance in providing funding and use of our shipyards. I don't want to spend the Republic's time and money to build your ships only to spend the Republic Military's time, money, and lives to rescue said ships later, and I doubt any other reasonable politician or militaryman in the Republic would either.

We're talking OOC, right now in case you're not aware.

She just said "investigating" and "talking", so how will that exactly spend the Republic's time and money? We're not going to be building their ships for them...

Rekali the Hutt

R
You think investigations don't take time and money and that negotiations don't have A)Holonet costs or B)Fuel + food + opportunity costs? What galaxy do you live in Senator Brunswick? If we do investigations we have to A)Hire people to collect data on whatever we need or B)Take our already hired men away from their important work to do said surveying. Conducting a holomeeting over large distances costs money, and also costs the time of whoever needs to do the negotiation. If you want to drive all the way over and negotiate personally that costs fuel to get there, food to get there, payment of crew and crew's food, and diverts a government ship that could have been doing an important job and making us money elsewhere.

Let me clarify: The Echani have come here on their own terms. They've flown to Coruscant to inspect our ship facilities on their own ship, fueled by their own fuel, flown by their own pilots, and supplied with their own food... So what's the problem?

Rekali the Hutt

R
Avadreia Lacroix said:
Senator Serifen, I believe you and I can do business.
Excellent. I was hoping we could bypass some middle men.

Darren Brunswick said:
Let me clarify: The Echani have come here on their own terms. They've flown to Coruscant to inspect our ship facilities on their own ship, fueled by their own fuel, flown by their own pilots, and supplied with their own food... So what's the problem?
If they've done all that, all we have to do is tell them to go back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom