Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report Button for Status updates

There is no report button for status updates for people that are victims or witnesses to relay the offense to the proper Staff? How does one report Rule Offenses to keep in with transparency and accountability with the use of Status Updates without one? Or are the victims/ witness of the "Rule Offense" allowed to PM Chaos Admins?

Or am I just blind and I can't see it?

Asking a Legit question and you guys are getting very sensitive. Sure, this comes off from the incident last night but the question is for both sides. Once side offended by one's Update, they can report it. Other side offended by actions of those responding to update. Can report it.

S u p e r i o r
There's a simple solution to this - It's called locking your status updates, which you can still do. I know this because whenever I do decide to post a status update there's always that little button that says Lock and it stops any attempt for someone trying to meme or say something stupid to it from happening. Admins to my knowledge only step in to lock status updates when it is clear that the original person is letting it go on without making any attempt to stop it. By posting an unlocked status update you more or less forfeit your attempt to play a victim card when you get memed on or someone/number of people post to it.

Long story short in regards to last night's fiasco and the poodoostorm that followed it; Kaine knew what people were up in arms about on his status update, deliberately acted like he did nothing wrong or wasn't culpable for the flak he got, and let it go on. If either he or anyone got offended by my statement of "Once you show yourself to be a racist, you will be remembered as one" that is not really my issue if that's the hill you want to die on defending. Much like if a pedophile gets caught redhanded, it doesn't matter what you do to change, you will always be branded as a pedophile and remembered as one. The same applies to anyone who refers to people of color as an insulting derogatory term and telling them to go pick cotton, that is not something that people just forget and let slide.

And honestly if you have an issue with something, you literally just take a screenshot and go to an admin about it in a DM either over the site or the Discord, why is there a need for a report button on something as arbitraty as status updates when it's a mix of IC or OOC things? It's not that difficult therefore, there's no need for it, hence why it has never been implemented in the X years that this site has been around for.

[member="Strider Garon"]

There is the option to delete the status update, and comments made on it if the persona wishes to keep their update around. There's also the possibility to lock status updates as well. Personally? I don't see the need to add a report button. If things get that bad? Perhaps the victim or target of the harassment could gather the offending material and submit it via PM to a board admin.

[member="Droz Munin"] Edit your post about last night. I am not here to talk about specifics. Just here asking why there is no report function. And the reasons why this question is being ask because PMs were made and were told that the offended needs to send a report. So in aid to help with that, i went looking for the status update report button and there is none.

giphy.gif

S u p e r i o r
Specifics or not, the fact of the matter is, there are options that anyone has access to, hence there being no need for a report function because it's expected of you that if you believe you are being bullied or harassed, you collect your evidence, take it to an administrator and have them sort it out. Also odd to bring this suggestion in light of recent events and as [member="Gilamar Skirata"] pointed out, this is absolutely the worst time to bring it on the chance that it wasn't motivated by what happened last night.

You are your own report button in the sense that no one can stop you from filing a report with cohesive evidence or a link to whatever it is you might have an issue with so that the administrator you are going to can have a look for themselves. If there isn't a report button for it, the assumption is that it can be taken directly to an administrator. Harassment would be me going into someone's DMs or off the site and giving them a hard time for the sake of being a bully. The report button is there for when someone is abusing something that shouldn't be abused that is affecting other people, like when a tech submission is being used incorrectly or not in the manner it was intended or approved for.

But again, in the end, the person who posted the status update has the power to either shut it down themselves and prevent it from blowing up to where an admin feels the need to step in. If it's outright offensive to someone and locked, then you go to the person who wrote it over PM's tell them that you don't like it, and if they refuse to, then take it to an administrator and see about having it either changed or removed.

[member="Strider Garon"]

[member="Droz Munin"] I totally agree with you. Should just PM site admins with the evidence of the offense.

[member="Gilamar Skirata"] Yeah, exactly what i said Gil. Don't see where you are getting confused sides from obviously being a bit prickly over my question.

You all are getting a bit sensitive over this topic. Its not my problem if this is a bad time or not to ask a question about report functionality, that is a you problem.

Gentlemen, I don't know everything that transpired in here recently, but let's keep it civil here.

Vilaz Munin said:
Imagine playing the victim and asking your homies to back you up. What a joke.
These types of statements do not impress me, to say the least. I won't warn you again in this thread, Vilaz. Refrain from making statements that could be construed as attacking people here, let's keep it constructive. I will remind you and everyone else in this thread that this is actually a general board rule:

2. Keep your posts constructive and on the topic your post is in.
Now, let's get to the heart of the matter.

Can you report a status update through the normal report button? Not at the moment.

Can you take up a concern about a member's behavior to the staff and administrators? Absolutely. Our PMs and Discord channels are always open to hear member concerns.

This applies to status updates as well as Discord channels.

If you do come to us though, please be prepared to present us with screenshots, links, etc. You may have to explain some things to us as well (such as context), as we're not mind readers. We're not particularly inclined to intervene or act without evidence.

[member="Strider Garon"] | [member="Gilamar Skirata"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Droz Munin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom