Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing flowers with a personal visit

Aboard the Crimson Cross in orbit over the war torn planet of Kaeshana
~ Tsubasa's POV ~
Light brown locks of hair bounced as the young girl walked along with her adoptive mother through the recovery wing of the large medical ship. She hated it here, it smelled like death and sickness, and reminded the girl to much of Mykyr before...

Eyes clamped shut and head shook, attempting to rid her mind of those negative thoughts. This was not unnoticed by the white-haired woman holding the girl's hand.

Tsubasa refocused her mind, as her mother had taught, on their current task here: visiting an old friend whom Kimiko said she would remember.

It excited the young girl. She didn't have many friends, so the prospect of adding one could not be negative in any way. But the current setting for the meeting was a hospital ship of all places.

This could easily be overlooked by the girl, especially when her guardian spoke, snapping her from her thoughts,"Sweetheart, we're here."

Her green eyes glanced up at the older woman, who was looking at the hatch with a look somewhat between longing and hurt. The observant youth did not question this as Kimiko knocked gently on the metal...

"Dax...can we enter?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax was dying...from boredom, not his wounds. He'd been lucky in that case. The Sith's saber had missed vital organs like his kidney or liver. The plasma had instantly cauterized it as well, so the only risk had been infection. But now Dax sat in the most sterile room that could be had on the medical vessel...which wasn't saying much considering it was, one, an emergency war vessel, and two, owned by the Outback...

Suddenly a voice beyond the doors of his room shook Dax from his silent seething. A very familiar voice. It'd been...months? Maybe even a year since he'd last heard it.

"Uh...Ki? Yeah, c'mon in." he called out. 'Nate and Ki huh?' Dax had never thought that they'd be here.

[member="Kimiko"]

The man had guessed right, her mama was here to visit him...him...and had brought the younger girl along.

The door hissed open, revealing a sterile room and a single patient on the lone bed.

Tsubasa's gaze lingered on him for a moment before looking up to Ki with obvious curiosity, and hesitance. The woman sensed this and offered the held hand a reassuring squeeze before leading her into the room.

She had a warm smile on her face, which put Tsubasa at ease as they entered the room and approached this Dax person.

"Hey, Dax, long time no see hm?" her mother's words caught her off guard, as if there was something behind them few would catch.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded quietly, eyes moving back to Ki after fixating on the young girl. "Yeah. Been a while." he said, clearly trying not to say too much in front of the young girl. If there was something serious they'd discuss he wasn't sure how Ki would feel about doing it in front of her. He'd leave that up to the white haired Kitsune.

Eventually Dax looked back to the young girl, his eyes curiously scrutinizing her young face.. "Hi there." he finally said kindly, "I'm sorry, you seem familiar..." he trailed off, racking his mind trying to place the young girl.

[member="Kimiko"]

A soft, and musical chuckle escaped from the older woman, right before she pushed Tsubasa before herself towards the man. This caused the girl to blush brightly and look anywhere but him, but Ki remained unfazed as she softly glided to the far side of the medical bed.

"Remember the girl on Mykyr? Dax, I'd like you to meet my adopted daughter, Tsubasa." the woman's bright blue eyes move between the two parties as she speaks, finding her daughter's reaction amusing,"Tsubasa sweetie, this is [member="Dax Fyre"], he helped me get you off of Mykyr."

This news piqued her interest, quickly attempting to compose herself and she bows politely for him, his rank in her eyes grew exponentially,"Mr. Fyre, it is an honor to finally meet you...again."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
A single corner of Dax's mouth curled back in an amused smile as the young girl bowed before him. The man winced as he sat up and leaned forward a little, placing a hand on the young girl's shoulder. "Nice to meet you too Tsubasa. But you don't need to bow for me." His hand fell away from the girl and settled into his lap as his gaze returned to the older woman, "At least someone made it off that rock. She takes after you I see." he said good naturedly.

[member="Kimiko"]

The white-maned woman giggles in delight as she settles gently at the foot of the bed, the ice broken,"She is absolutely wonderful to have with me. She is charming and bright, taken quite a liking to most activities throughout the day." a pause as Ki beckons the younger girl to her.

Tsubasa happily moves into her mother's embrace, allowing the woman to hold her gently and lovingly before continuing herself,"I am happy she is with me, and I thank you for giving me the opportunity Dax."

Ki looks onto her friend, the sincerity shining in her eyes reinforces her words and trademark smile.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax gave the woman a small grin, "But I didn't do anything. All I know is I pulled you onboard and all of sudden I had an extra passenger." he said chuckling. Dax thought back to that day. He wondered if the girl remembered it, remembered the massacre. Even with three forcers, they couldn't stop a single boy...it had been a dark day.

[member="Kimiko"]

"Indeed. But it has been quite an adventure...one I hope to expand on soon." Ki brushes the younger girl's hair before placing a soft kiss on her head, a more serious look flashes in her irises.

"Sweetie, you remember the way to the ship?" the change is abrupt, but taken in stride.

Tsubasa nods turning to her mother,"Yes Mama."

This causes the woman to smile fondly,"Good girl. Go see if Auntie Chika will let you prepare to get underway. I won't be long."

The young girl bows politely before heading towards the door, confidence in her stride obvious.

The door hisses shut behind her and Ki turns to Dax. The look she gives is one full of conflicting emotions. None can be easily spotted as the turmoil within the woman churns like a building up storm.

She manages for a few moments before turning as the facade crumbles, there's a reason she is a tad bit emotional.

"D-Dax, before I leave here today, there are a few things I need you to promise me you will do."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax could tell the woman was troubled the moment she asked the young girl to return to their ship. He knew her well enough to see that. He wasn't exactly surprised. He'd expected such a talk coming. "I'll do my best...but you know there are some things I can't." he said, straightening his back, a wince flying across his face, the fresh wound still wreaking havoc on his nerves.

[member="Kimiko"]

Despite the threatening tears, she giggles in delight,"Indeed. No one is perfect and not many beings are immortal." she calms herself and looks back at the man.

Her tail curls around her frame and she holds it gingerly, petting the white fur as she begins,"Dax, I am going away for quite a while and I do not know when I will be able to return."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax's brows came closer together at the statement, "You're leaving?" he asked, "But what about Nate? And Tsubasa?" his voice rang with concern. People leaving on mysterious ventures rarely ended well...and it usually meant something was very, very wrong.

[member="Kimiko"]

She knew there would be the obvious questions. Everything she had ever done had been questioned. It irked her, but regardless of the situation, she persevered.

"I am. I was on my way to Coruscant, before stopping here and paying some visits. This planet has been quite a distraction...YOU have been a distraction. But an opportunity as well." Ki paused, looking for any rebuttal from Dax as well as shifting herself to fully face him during their talk that was to come.

After awaiting, and hearing any rebuke, she continued,"Nate knows I am undertaking a journey. For how long and to what extent, he must remain in the dark." Ki's ears droop slightly above her head,"I gave Tsubasa the option of staying with Nate. But alas, she is stubborn, and will be accompanying me." a chuckle accompanies this last point.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Sorry for bothering you." the man chuckled when she said he was a distraction. He finished listening to what the white haired woman had to say before speaking again, "Keep her safe. I mean, I know you will. Keep yourself safe too though. I think you forget to look after yourself sometimes."

[member="Kimiko"]

"None that I care about are ever a distraction." the mood was lifting, it was a pleasant change of atmosphere,"And Tsubasa and I will not be alone out there."

She scoots closer to the head of the bed, demeanor changing to become a bit more flustered,"But, for what I really need you to do for me..." her words trail off and her eyes dart around the rather lame room.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax waited silently even as the woman trailed off. Patiently he waited to here was she'd ask of him. Gently, he placed a hand on her arm. Whatever it was, it was important to her. He'd do his best.

[member="Kimiko"]

She looked down at the contact and used it to steady herself,"I need you to keep an eye on Nate while I'm gone. I know you two are close and trust one another." the real reason remains unsaid, yet, the woman's hand finds itself on top of it's companion.

"There is another reason..." the guiding hand lands with it's other on top of the woman's stomach and she looks the him for reassurance.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded. Of course he'd look after the man. They'd had each other's backs, always. Few people understood the hell they'd been through. The kind that followed them from the battlefields back home.

The wounded Knight's eyes moved from her face to the hand which now lay on her stomach. He perked up in surprise ever so slightly, "No..." he said in disbelief. "Are you really?...I mean you guys are?" the words flew from his mouth, never completing the sentence.

[member="Kimiko"]

Ki's face flushed slightly as a bashful smile formed and she nodded,"Yes, it is true. A more medically inclined friend of mine confirmed it just yesterday. Now Nate does not know, and I will not be able o inform him properly." her face softens for a split second before hardening,"Now I am not telling you this to tell him yourself, if you do, I will not be mad."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded, "Its your place to tell him. Not mine...but...don't you think you should tell him before you go? I think he deserves that doesn't he?" This might be the only good news Nate would've heard in a good long while. Regardless, Dax's lips were sealed until the Kitsune decided to Nate, but, still...family was an important thing. Dax knew that.

[member="Kimiko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom