Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renewed Vow of Allegiance

Drew sat in his office at the Iron Imperial Military Headquarters scanning through the various reports and requests that needed his attention. General Benneck had called a meeting with notorious Iron Major of the 81st. The General had heard enough rumors of the Clone, it was time to meet the man himself. He put down the last of a dozen Armory request forms and opened a cabinet in his desk to reveal two glasses and a new bottle of clear Tihaar. Benneck had read his history of the ancient Republic Commandos and their Cuy'val Dar training. Drew poured a small amount for himself and swallowed it in one gulp. The moment he sat the glass down, the tiny comlink in his ear activated with his Sec's voice.

"General, Major Bunker has arrived."

[member="RC-0883"]

RC-0883

R
Bunker briskly walked through the hallways of the IE Headquarters, followed closely by Sargent Pat of Blitzkrieg Platoon, he was outspoken and judged a man not by his rank but by his character. Pat was perfect for first impressions. With the General's background in Vehicle Mechanics they were sure to find some common ground.

They came to the grand offices of High Command and approached the desk before General Benneck's doors, where a young man in an officers uniform sat. The Iron Major introduced them, eager to meet the man known as General Mech.

"Major RC-0883 and Sargent Pat of the 81st reporting for summons."

"The General is expecting you," said the Sec as he got up from his station to lead them through the double doors. The General's Office was four walls of projection screens, each showing ever changing information; troop movements, Garrison status updates, Agent reports, live feeds from Arondight's various security systems. It was too much for even Bunker's sharp mind to handle, instead he focused on the large old fashioned wooden desk and the man standing behind it.

[member="Drew Benneck"]

General Benneck cleared his desk of the scattered papers and poured the Tihaal into the two glasses. He was standing behind his Father's Heirloom Desk with his arms crisply behind his back when the Major entered with his unexpected guest. The Grand General stared down the young Clone Major as he offered both men the drinks.

"A great deal of rumors surround you, Major. The bond you share with your men is most admirable. But your recklessness seems to go hand-in-hand with your success, even suffering an injury at the cause of your own ego. Understand, these are not qualities I dismiss in a soldier, it is what separates us from simple droids. The ability to see risk versus reward. My son of summer, you are far more valuable to me than a simple soldier, as harsh as it may sound. In the past you have been given ample freedom to roam the Galaxy as you see fit. Today I need that to change. The 81st Battalion can continue to freelance their services but you report to ME. Reports will be detailed and punctual, and your loyalties will lie soley with Iron Empire. I need you to inject the same sense of Brotherhood the 81st shares across the entire Imperial Army. What say you Major Bunker?"

[member="RC-0883"]

RC-0883

R
"I offer my services Grand General Benneck. I will shield your back and keep your counsel and give my life for yours if need be." Bunker said the words without even thinking. The General just commanded that kind of respect. Bunker felt no shame in swearing his life to the man who thought so highly of him. Bunker waved away the offer of the strong smelling alcohol then watched the General down the drink himself in response. Pat refused in the same fashion but Bunker knew better. "Go ahead Pat'ika we're off duty anyway," Pat took the glass with eager hands and instantly eased his formal facade.

"It sounds sounds like your trying to ground our beloved Major." Pat said with is matter-of-fact tone.

Drew noted the brashness of the Sargent Pat, but never broke his stare with Bunker.

"While you may enjoy the counsel of your subordinates, I do not care for it. Let me clarify that I am not a man that allows his orders to be questioned. I am here to protect the Iron Realm and the Imperial Army is the weapon I wield. The 81st Battalion will remain in Imperial controlled space. I'll be expecting a full inventory inspection report from Jaeger Company on my desk tomorrow morning. Dismissed"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom