Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Rendezvous at Varykino (Danger)

f6Fe1UB.png

CS3FUG8.png

A flock of ducks settled down upon the shimmering cerulean waters of Lake Varykino, an idyllic paradise nestled in the mountain valleys four-hundred-and-eighty kilometers from the capital city of Theed. Prized for it's beautiful countryside and quiet serene locales, the lake was home to many estates owned by the various nobility of Naboo. Varykino Villa, located on the island of the same name within the eponymous lake, was one such grandiose estate.

For centuries upon centuries it had been in the possession of the storied and respected Naberrie Family. Even to this day the family still held the estate within their demense, though only a select branch of the Naberries frequented the lakeside retreat. On any typical day, the banners flying the Naberrie crest could be seen billowing from the top of the villa's dazzling parapets. But a new banner had been flown, one of black field and an insidious red crest haloed by a crimson sun.

Darth Carnifex looked out over the lake, His hands clasped behind His back. It was rare for Him to spend an extended amount of time at Varykino, but circumstances had drawn Him back to Naboo for an important meeting. The Gala of Queen Kalantha Kalantha had transpired several local rotations ago, the events of which had proven to be equally humorous and enlightening. Primarily, the appearance of one Danger Arceneau, His long-standing business partner and personal acquaintance from the old days of war and strife.

Though recently widowed, the Queen of Trade still maintained her powerful presence and welcoming charm. It had been many years since they'd last spoken, long still since they last saw one another in the flesh, and it had come for that to change. The Gala had given Him an opportunity, and He did not squander it. Carnifex had invited Danger to the Villa to meet with Him in person, to spend time in one of the most beautiful vistas in all the galaxy. Not only to speak of potential business, but to catch up from when they last met.

Back then, He had been an Emperor. She was still the vivacious mogul she'd ever been.

Some might question why the Dark Lord of the Sith, most hated man in all the galaxy, would so brazenly display His banners for all to see. Chiefly, it was to send a message. The Dark Lord could go where He pleased, display Himself as He wished, and remain untouchable. It was also to invite retaliation on neutral soil, to see just who was gutsy enough to pull that trigger. Beneath the Villa was a powerful shield generator, top of the line, and several anti-air emplacements were hidden within the Villa grounds; capable of being deployed in the event of an attack.

But for now, the area was quiet and calm. That was, until the sounds of a ship's engines began to crest the rolling hills. Scans revealed the craft as that of Danger Arceneau, His most esteemed guest. A landing pad had been built on the island for the reception of visitors, replete with an elevator that led to a spacious subterranean bay to dock multiple ships simultaneously. In fact, the entire subbasement portion of the Villa stretched deep into the earth. A pair of red-robed guards would receive Danger as she landed, guiding her into the gorgeous Villa.

He'd meet her in the estate's terrace, overlooking the lake. He garb was minimalistic and a dark gray, a thin trim of crimson tracing lines around His chest, arms, and midsection. He turned as she was brought in, a smile on His lips. "Danger, my good friend." He moved to meet her halfway, taking one knee so that they could be eye-level. He took her hand in His, and gently kissed her knuckles. "It is so good to see you again, especially after that fiasco at the gala. How is your friend recovering?"

The Chenini Rising touched down with a gentle hum, the sleek J-type star yacht from Theed Hangar shining under the Naboo sun. Danger squinted against the bright light, her hand shielding her eyes as she admired the beauty of Varykino Villa and the lake. Her deep auburn hair cascaded down her shoulders in soft waves, brushed back to reveal the pale skin beneath. In mourning, the Queen of Trade wore a simple black wrap dress, emphasizing her curves and contrasting with the vibrant red of her hair.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex greeted her, and Danger's full lips curved into a soft smile. She quickly reassured him it wasn't necessary as he bent to one knee, feeling the gentle press of his kiss on her knuckles.

"Kaine... please, there's no need for such actions with me," she murmured in her throaty voice, his name rolling off her tongue like Kashyyyk molasses, finally able to disclose it now that they were away from prying eyes. Her hands came up to encourage him to stand. Meeting his gaze, she appreciated his care and diligence in a rare Sith Lord's manner of greeting.

"But it is a real pleasure to see you again. It has been a long while," Duty, business, and the weight of her work had kept her far from the Sith Order's territories by the Tingal arm. After Alric's passing, the Queen of Trade started reconnecting and keeping busy, a widow with too much time on her hands and memories to face. Taking it one day at a time, Kaine's invitation to catch up was just one of the ways she sought solace.

"He's doin' better. Recuperatin' with his son, looking after him. Again, I apologize for his outburst. In the wake of it all, he was understandably upset. I'm just glad to have that all behind us." She explained, thinking back to what had occurred in the gala. Judah said he would meet with the Nobles and discuss what occurred. Danger could only hope that things would be clarified and the situation resolved.

"How have you've been?"

CS3FUG8.png

"There is nothing to apologize for," the Dark Lord smiled warmly, "The boy's reaction was not unexpected, given the circumstances. I will not hold it against him." He rose, towering over the smaller woman by a significant margin. Despite this, the Queen of Trade was no less diminished in His presence, holding herself just as resolutely as her looming counterpart. The air was gentle and warm as it rolled off from the lake's surface, the faintest hint of mist dabbing bare skin as the Dark Lord led her further out onto the terrace.

The wind rustled the Dark Lord's thick, luxurious black mane, which had been bound midway by a metal ring endowed with precious gemstones. His eyes, though hauntingly piercing, appeared warm as they looked straight into Danger's. "Fairly well, I reckon. Many of my prospects bear fruit, my children are healthy, and my enemies are distracted. Though I may not be an Emperor in name, my power has no less diminished. I learned from my mistakes all those years ago, Danger, and I've adapted. As we must all, yes?"

One of the Dark Lord's servants, a beautiful gynoid whose synthskin was decorated with ornamental gold plating, approached with a tray of drinks. There was quite a variety, each liquor exquisitely luxurious. Danger would have whatever she desired if it was within the Dark Lord's power to give. Carnifex waited for Danger to sample whatever beverage she picked before speaking again. "My condolences, Danger. When I received the news of Alric's death, I could only send a messenger to relay my sorrow for you. I had not known the man as intimately as others, although I always respected him. The hospitalities of my House will always be open to you and your kin, as is the hearth of my home."

There was a reason why Danger had apologized for Makai Dashiell's behavior back at the Naboo Gala; the towering figure before her was living proof of that. He exuded strength and power, his youthful appearance defying his true age. While Danger couldn't fathom how the Sith Lord maintained his vitality, she knew his insatiable thirst for knowledge played a part in his success.

As he had so clearly stated, and as rang true with the Trade Queen herself, adaptation was key.

"Indeed..." Danger replied, her voice carrying a soft twang like satin against the skin. With a polite smile, she thanked the gynoid for the beverage cart, treating the droid with the same respect she would offer any other.

Selecting a brandy, she savored the sultry notes of the blend as she made her way back to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . She took a deep breath, steadying herself at the mention of Alric's passing and Kaine's condolences. The Lord's graciousness in extending hospitality touched her deeply.

"I cannot thank you enough, Kaine. Your support means so much," Danger expressed sincerely. It was through Kaine's assistance that she had managed to navigate the complexities of Arceneau Trade, and his sponsorship had been invaluable.

Her emerald eyes flickered with a feline-like intensity as she swirled her glass, contemplating his words. "You're right. We must all adapt. That's exactly what I'm doin' now-- keepin' busy to keep the writhin' maggots in my head at bay." it was a truth she so very revealed to others. More often than not, most saw the put-together, southern system hostess who did her best to ensure everyone's desires and comfort were taken care of.

Rarely had anyone offered such kindness to Danger, and Kaine's gesture meant a great deal to her.

"I've heard there's cause for congratulations on your end. Another child on the way?" Her genuine joy was evident as she spoke, her heart going out to any expectant mother. As someone unable to have children of her own, she could only offer her best wishes and support to those who could.

CS3FUG8.png

"Yes, there is always a new child born into my House regularly. My wife Emma and I are expecting another daughter, it will be a great relief to her. We lost our eldest to a Mandalorian attack, her name was Joycelyn. She took up the mantle of Vornskr, the name I once assumed all those years ago in the Core, and carried it with aplomb. Her body has been laid to rest on the Malsheem, and many statues risen in her honor." In many ways, Joycelyn had been the Dark Lord's favorite. She was in many ways similar to Him, headstrong and ambitious, though their relationship had strained at time; they thought very well of each other. Her death had been hard, His viciousness towards the Mandalorians growing ever more acute.

It was rare for the Dark Lord to be so open to another that wasn't of His House, but Danger was special and dear to Him in many ways. Some might assume that He had lascivious intentions for the buxom widowed matron, as they viewed His passions negatively. But He had always held immense respect for Danger for many decades, and though her beauty was worthy of song and poem, He had no desires to intrude so crudely upon her; especially as she mourned.

"My son Sarlow is set to marry as well, you might've seen him at the gala. He is my true eldest, my firstborn with Salara; my first wife. Her and I have been together for nearly a century now, and Sarlow has yet to marry in all the years since he came of age. I do not blame the boy, his life was cruelly upended by a witch's curse. But that is the past, and he has come into his own. I am very proud of him." Rare words for someone as infamously cruel as the Dark Lord of the Kainate, but Danger was privy to much more things than any ordinary person in His company.

"How fares your House, Danger? It has been a long time since I've stepped foot in your domain."

"I am so sorreh to hear about your daughter's passin'," Danger replied, her voice carrying the weight of empathy for the loss of a child. Though her own children had never taken their first breath, she knew the heart-wrenching ache of losing them.

"But I'm glad you're able to honor her in a way that's fittin'," she continued, acknowledging the importance of being able to properly mourn and pay tribute. "It's pivotal for those left behind to have a place to grieve and remember, especially on important dates."

"I hope that the birth of another daughter and the marriage of your son bring joy and delight to your household,"
Danger added, finding solace in the miracles of new life and love, especially when one found true connection. She admired Kaine's son for his discerning eye, having waited over a century to find his life partner.

"As for my household... well, we're doin' what we can," Danger admitted, gazing out at the serene expanse of the lake, the gentle ripples reflecting the wind's whisper.

"Myra is steppin' up to take over most of Arceneau Trade. I've trained her as best I can, but she still has much to learn and experience," she explained, pride evident in her words. "And Makai Dashiell, Judah Dashiell's son, is currently courtin' her. The same young man you met after that incident at the gala."

"He's a good boy, with a good head on his shoulders, but there's still much for him to learn,"
Danger continued, her gaze thoughtful. "He's eager to expand Salacia's minin' areas, and I'm guiding him on the path forward, teachin' him how to navigate the galaxy and its complexities."

"I have another daughter, Rue. She's around eight,"
Danger added with a smile, her heart warmed by thoughts of her spirited child. "Full of sass and fire, that one."

Taking a deep breath, Danger continued, "We're copin' with Alric's passing as best we can. Sortin' through matters, focusing on work, meetin' with others, and perhaps making a few more business deals -- it's all about keepin' busy and movin' forward."

Turning back towards Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , she smiled, "So, what's goin' on with the Sith Order? Reckon there's been plenty of changes since I last made my way to this part of the galaxy. Anythin' I should know?"

CS3FUG8.png

He nodded and chuckled as Danger spoke, how things were so alike despite both of their circumstances being widely different. "They'll be alright, Danger. With you to guide them, they could ask for no better."

For many years, He had been absent from the lives of His children. It had all started that day, near the tail-end of the One Sith's reign over the Core Worlds. He'd been feverishly pouring over the research He'd pilfered from Darth Sortis' laboratory beneath Coruscant, searching for anything that could help in His mad search for ultimate power; immortality. When Kiskla Grayson had killed Him on Panatha, He believed that His end had finally come, but Akala's meddling in the veil between the living and the dead allowed Him a reprieve.

But a soul was owed, and He could feel the shadowy weight of the grave intruding upon His every thought. He thought He found the answer in Sortis' research, but it had been a false hope. The ritual He performed clove Him into two unequal halves. His current dominant consciousness became that of the Carnifex, stripped of emotion and left with an aching entropic hunger. The other became the Demiurge, the summation of all His stripped emotion made manifest. Demiurge fled and disappeared not long after the split, and Carnifex could only continue on in His diminished state; as an emotionless and unnecessarily cruel tyrant.

It wasn't until the Wellspring that they were rejoined in the Great Reuniting. He had sacrificed His son Kahlil, the original -- not the clone who became the Shield of the Jedi, and took over His body and shredded His mind. Carnifex and Demiurge merged back into one, though Carnifex remained the dominant psyche. But Demiurge was still there, He could feel Him swimming through the miasma of His mind. They were one, indivisible, but such a prolonged period of separation meant that they would always be homoiousian; of similar, but not identical, essence.

"I would like to invite your household to mingle with mine, Danger, to have the youth meet and get to know one another. You and I are close, I believe our descendants should be close as well." It was an expected request, the Dark Lord had many children who wear near in age to those of Danger's household, and it was a politically sound maneuver to put them all together. Though no marriage may ever come of it, the Dark Lord did not expect any, the bonds forged in the vigor of youth were often the most strongest.

But, as for the Sith.

"The Order is as it always has been, Danger, cunning and vicious. Darth Empyrean ostensibly rules the Order, I have long since evolved past any desire to sit upon the throne of the Order or the Empire. My ambitions lies elsewhere. Darth Empyrean and I are in a tentative alliance, brokered by his wife, the lady Srina Talon. She and I are close, perhaps as close as you and I are, and she acts as a mediator between myself and Darth Empyrean. She was once a powerful figure in the Confederacy, if you remember."

Hearing a man as mighty as Kaine tell her that her kinfolk and family would be just fine with her leading them was like a soothing balm. While Danger had poured her heart and soul into building up Arceneau Trade all on her lonesome, now that Alric had departed, there was a noticeable void there. She reckoned she could handle it, for it was nothing she hadn't tackled before.

The only divergence now was that she had her kids to tend to in a manner that went beyond just looking after employees or lending a hand where she could. It was personal. And though Danger held a mighty protective stance over her employees and those she took under her wing, it was a whole 'nother kettle of Giju when it came to her own children.

Sippin' on her drink, Danger flashed a grin at Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex at the suggestion of their children meeting each other properly to forge bonds. "I reckon that's a fine notion. I'll bring the girls along next time. It would be good for them to make connections; more so if those are made for life." Seein' Rue mingle with more folks and get herself a taste of life broader than what Myra had known in her early years was important. They'd kept Myra wrapped up tight on account of her PTSD and her terminal illness, but Danger knew they couldn't coddle Rue the same way this time.

"Yes, I remember Lady Srina Talon," Danger nodded. "We might not have crossed paths directly, but her name's got quite the reputation." She had a heap of respect for a woman who could hold her own and climb the ladder, matching or even outstripping others in the same league. Srina had done much for the Confederacy back then, so to hear she was well and now with the Sith Order was good news. It warmed her heart to hear about the alliance Srina had brokered between Kaine and Darth Empyrean. All these names just made her reminisce.

"Seems like the only constant is change," Danger mused, her drawl low and thoughtful. "Confederacy's gone, Silver Jedi faded away, and the First Order fell... Now there's a whole new Galactic Alliance." She couldn't rightly say which version of the Alliance they were on now, but it sure piqued her interest how things kept on shiftin'.

"But here we stand,"
Danger continued, her voice carrying a weight of contemplation. "Makes a body wonder what's in store for the rest of the players out there. The Rimward League, the Empire of the Lost, the Mandalorian Enclave... and who's fixin' to rise up next?"

CS3FUG8.png

"You are only partially correct, Danger."

The Dark Lord spoke in a contemplative tone, one that was matched by His companion. The soft water-speckled air caressed and tousled His long black hair, the winds rolling across the lake causing shimmers amidst the gentle waves. Sunlight shone down upon the lake, a glimmering halo periodically disrupted upon the water. Occasionally, a duck or other water fowl would land upon the lake's surface, diving down briefly to feed before emerging.

"Change is not the only constant in this galaxy. I am." He looked from the lake to her, His eyes blazing bright like miniature stars. "I have seen empires rise and fall, whole generations wither upon the vine. Champions of the Light stand triumphant only to fade into darkness in the end. All that is built shall be swallowed beneath the black sands of time, Danger. All except me. For I shall live beyond the scope of comprehension, in this body or another. I have ensured it."

But it was not mere bluster, not the empty promises of a vain tyrant. "When I emerged from the Wellspring of the Force, I traversed the galaxy in secret. I sought out twenty children, Danger, those who I sensed would go on to fulfill great destinies. Onto them I imparted a pearl of my consciousness, buried deep within their minds. They will spend their whole lives ignorant of what I have sown, and they will pass it onto their children, and their children onto theirs. None know of this but yourself and I. Such is the trust I place in your hands, Danger, trust that will always be rewarded."

He reached for her hand, it utterly dwarfed by His own. "I would grant you any boon you ask of me, any desire. I could make you immortal if you wish, there is nothing within my power to grant."

It came as no surprise that Kaine would have such a plan in place to secure his longevity. Truth be told, she couldn't blame him. To some extent, it mirrored what she had done for herself - with Rue.

"You know... I lost two babies of my own before they even drew their first breath. Before they had a chance at life." There was a subtle twitch along her jawline; discussing it still stung, but it didn't ache as painfully as it once did decades ago. The wretched, agonizing miscarriage that had left her infertile.

"Guess the 'verse decided this body of mine wasn't fit to bring life into it," she confessed, revealing a vulnerability she rarely showed. Despite all her power and wealth, she couldn't do the one thing she wanted most - become a mother. Have a family.

If there ever was a woman naturally suited for motherhood, it was Danger Arceneau. And while she had skillfully grown her trade empire, she couldn't help but wonder about her legacy.

"That's why I sought to continue my line. A clone of myself, you see... although most folks now consider her my daughter, my youngest, Rue." Kaine had shared intimate details of his life, and Danger felt compelled to reciprocate. She knew him enough to know he could harm her if he wished, but living in fear wasn't living at all. She had learned that reaching out and making connections was vital. He offered his trust to her, and she was willing to reciprocate it.

"Alric had created a way to transfer consciousness and memories into an implanted biot - allowing me to upload my consciousness to my clone at my discretion." She watched her liquor swirl in its glass. While she did not seek to live forever, a nagging sense of her considered the possibility of perhaps being able to assist her children or grandchildren in a way that would ensure they could benefit from her knowledge and experience.

"But after Makai... after adopting Myra... I realized there are other ways to mother someone."

Emerald fire flecked her eyes as she looked at Kaine, a bittersweet smile playing on her lips.

"I've taken Rue out of the equation, but I still have the biot. I don't want her to be sacrificed for me. I want her to live her own life. One that may be better than mine." It was a remarkable confession from the Queen of Trade, who always projected composure and confidence.

"I thank you, Kaine, for your offer. It means the 'verse to me. You need not offer it, for your trust and support have been more than enough."

"If I were to ask for anything, it would be for the protection of Myra and Rue. Of Makai. They mean everything to me."

CS3FUG8.png

"Of course," He Promised, "They will be treated as though they were my own."

The Dark Lord of the Sith hid His disappointment well, though the faintest tremor in His cheek betrayed Him. Nonetheless, He would hold true to His word as He had always done with her. Carnifex had come to believe that it could not be left up to descendants to continue piloting the proverbial ship, that He had to remain in control indefinitely. The future could not be left to chance or to the whims of another, it had to be seized by His own hands and remain in His possession. Those that came after could have a part to play, but He would decide their worth.

"I have the means to transfer consciousness from one body to another, and the technology to replicate cells. If you ever truly desire to live beyond your years, Danger, then I can offer it to you. But I respect your choice to live as you see fit, few could ask for a better fate." Long had the Dark Lord tinkered upon existing cloning technologies, primarily with the aid of the genius Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . Together, they'd amalgamated technology and techniques from Spaarti, the Kaminoans, and the Khomm to not only replicate an individual, but mass produce them. The Kainate made exceptional use of non-identical strand-cast soldiers in it's armies, these artificial individuals produced en masse and biologically programmed to serve the Dark Lord.

"The galaxy has changed a lot in the past few short decades. There's rumblings of unrest among the Galactic Alliance involving the Hapes Cluster and their tradition of favoring women over men. I have no doubt it will incite conflict between the two should the Alliance press itself upon the Hapans. Where will you steer Arceneau Trade in this bold new universe?"

Kaine's disappointment was evident, but Danger didn't take offense. She understood the sentiment behind his words; after all, caring for someone meant wanting them to enjoy long, fulfilling lives. However, Danger was acutely aware that she lacked any Force sensitivity or other means to ensure longevity for herself or her loved ones. Besides, who's to say they even desired such a fate? Forcing them into it was simply not her style.

"Thank you, Kaine. I appreciate your concern," she replied with a gracious nod. While she may not possess the necessary technology to extend her life, Kaine undoubtedly did.

"If the time comes when I do wish to pursue that path, I'll be sure to seek your aid," she assured him earnestly. She meant every word. With Kaine's expertise and resources, he was undoubtedly her best bet for prolonging her life.

Turning to the topic of the Galactic Alliance's conflicts concerning the Hapan Cluster's traditions, Danger tapped her finger against her glass in contemplation.

"As you know, I prefer to remain neutral in most matters, save when it comes to protectin' free trade," she began, her tone thoughtful. There had been a time when the Alliance's grip on trade had tightened so severely that Danger had been compelled to rally every favor she had to fight against such tyranny. The intervention of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Mandalorians had been crucial in restoring the flow of commerce.

"However, if the Alliance were to escalate matters as it has in the past, I may need to reconsider my trade routes and prepare for the possibility of asset forfeiture," she continued, taking a sip of her drink. It warmed her throat subtly, offering a moment of respite amidst the weighty discussion.

"It's not a decision I'd make lightly. Many rely on Arceneau Trade for essential goods, refugee aid, and reconstruction efforts," she added, emphasizing the significance of her trade routes beyond mere commerce.

"What are your thoughts on the matter? I've heard stirrin's of a remnant of the Brotherhood of the Maw rising. Do you reckon there is validity to that?"

CS3FUG8.png

"Darkness will always stir in light's shadow. The Maw were renegades and cultists, loosely held together. The power arising in the North is not much different, though the veneer has changed. Undoubtedly, war shall come, in whatever form it shall take. As always, I shall rely on the expedience and discretion of Arceneau Trade in these uncertain times."

His agents had spun many a tapestry of what was occurring in the galactic north, tales of disaffected Imperials -- once sworn to Tavlar's rebellion -- joining with what vestiges survived of the Alliance's hunt for the Maw Brotherhood. The Imperial's sudden collapse had given rise to many warlords, petty fiefdoms all, who desperately cling to whatever scraps of power they can. Without the guiding hand of the Sith, that is the fate of all who resist truth and order.

Chaos.

"I do not place great emphasis on discretion without cause, Danger. Many of those who are sworn to me will be maneuvering into new areas of commerce, to carry out tasks which I consider of great importance. As I have been leal to you for these many, many years, it is my hope that Arceneau Trade, when faced with the existence of these agents of mine, will not interfere nor repeat what they have seen. Though they may feel compelled to do otherwise, I hope that your trust in me is not so easily doubted."

He did not name what His agents would be doing outright, and that was for the best. He would not burden her with such knowledge, and He would compensate her handsomely for her legendary discretion; one He had benefited from for many years.

For Danger, her reputation was paramount in her business dealings. Upholding her word was non-negotiable; it was the foundation upon which Arceneau Trade was built. While she may not have been privy to all the intricacies of Darth Carnifex's dealings, she remained committed to honoring their agreements.

Acknowledging that she lacked insight into the full scope of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex 's affairs, Danger understood that her compliance stemmed from her ignorance of certain details. As long as their agreements remained separate from any dealings unrelated to Arceneau Trade, she vowed to uphold her end of the bargain with unwavering discretion.

"Of course, Kaine. You have my word and my discretion," she assured him, reaffirming her commitment to their business arrangement. Of all her past contracts, Danger found solace that individuals like Kaine, Taeli, Carach, and even Imperials had consistently honored their commitments. It was a testament to their integrity and professionalism, qualities she valued highly in her business partners. "My staff will not interfere, continue their standard routes, and conduct business normally."

Reflecting on past experiences, Danger couldn't forget the one instance where an iteration of the Alliance had reneged on their agreement, forcing her to take decisive action. In response, she had leveraged every favor she had accrued across the galaxy, calling upon allies ranging from the Mandalorians to the Confederacy and various other influential entities. It was a testament to her resourcefulness and determination to uphold her word and defend her interests and that of Galactic Free Trade.

With a quick breath, Danger let her mind wander toward what Kaine had indicated regarding the remnants of the Maw. "Do you have any recommendations on avenues I should pursue next? Your input is highly regarded."

CS3FUG8.png

He smiled, "I had no doubts, dearest Danger." She had never once led Him astray during their long history, they had always been as honest as they could be. There were few in the galaxy that the Dark Lord respected as much as Danger Arceneau, even though she could not control the Force or command armies. Her mastery lay in other professions, and they had greatly benefited Him. He hoped that their relationship would persist, and perhaps even grow, in the coming years.

When she asked His opinion about what she should do next in relation to the growing conflict and instability threatening the galaxy, the Dark Lord paused in thought. "With the sharp decline of the Bryn in the galactic east, there are many worlds left in their wake whose entire population was either culled or driven to exile. My companion Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf is interested in replenishing those worlds, and I believe that she could use your aid in doing so. It would be a great boon for Arceneau Trade to sponsor and lend aid to the restoration projects."

Truthfully, the Dark Lord didn't care much about the worlds brought to ruin by the Bryn, nor their people. But He could see an opportunity to expand the Sith's influence in the region. Previously, His followers had done nothing but hinder restoration efforts across the scar worlds. They ambushed fleets of returning refugees, carting many off into slavery, and killing those they didn't. Whenever a new settlement had taken root, they came and stamped it out. It had gotten to the point where no one was coming back now, for fear of lurking predators.

"Would you care to join me for dinner, Danger? The lake is so beautiful when the sun dips low, like fire upon the water. It would please me immensely if you could witness it."

Danger smiled warmly, her appreciation evident in the slow nod she gave. She was thankful that Kaine had offered recommendations that aligned with her values and goals. The restoration and renovation of war-torn worlds held a special place in her heart, and she was eager to provide assistance in any way she could. To an outsider, receiving such advice from a Sith Lord might seem unusual, but their friendship was built on honesty and mutual respect. Danger valued transparency in her dealings, although she understood that some matters were not hers to pry into. She built Arceneau Trade to be a neutral party that could ensure the flow of trade across all governments and sectors. Being transparent in that allowed clear expectations regarding what she would do and how she would handle her business. In the end, every galactic citizen had basic needs that needed to be met, be it food, provision, water, medical aid, or daily necessities. Her business ensured that a loss of crops did not bring famine to a world or sickness spread like wildfire without medicine.

"That is an excellent idea," she agreed, taking another sip of her drink. "I do enjoy workin' with Taeli Raaf. It has been some time, and it would be lovely to discuss business again." Despite the serene setting, Danger knew that business discussions with Kaine were always fruitful. She had learned over the years that as long as she treated him with respect, their interactions were smooth sailing.

"I'll reach out to her and see if she has time to meet up again. It would be nice to catch up," she added thoughtfully, sensing the hand of fate guiding their paths. As if on cue, she would soon find herself crossing paths with Taeli at the Sojourn, as if their meeting was meant to be.

A wide smile graced her lips at Kaine's suggestion of dinner, and she inclined her head graciously. "It would be my pleasure to join you for dinner, Kaine, that sounds lovely." she replied in her throaty, honeyed drawl, her tone filled with genuine warmth and hospitality.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

CS3FUG8.png

His smile matched Danger's own, although containing that predator edge the Dark Lord was well-known for. "Then dinner it shall be, my dear. I shall give you time to prepare while I see to the arrangements." He would then lead her by the arm into the estate, straight to a guest room that had been set aside for her. The room itself was spacious and exquisitely furnished, with an adjacent refresher and closet that served as a whole room in it's own right. Full privacy had been allotted to her, she deserved that much respect from her shadowy host.

By the time dinner was ready, she was greeted at the door by Carnifex Himself. He had shifted into a more resplendent garment, one befitting a private dinner. He would compliment her own attire, leading her by the arm to the veranda where a table had been set for them. As they took their seats, they would be waited upon by gynoids similar to the one Danger had seen earlier. Their chassis were well-accentuated and constructed out of dazzling material such as silver and gold, stamped with various esoteric symbols and icons; Sith in nature.

The sun had begun to set as well, it's colors dancing across the lake's placid mirror-like surface. Their only illumination would be candlelight, a rather archaic form but one quite appropriate. Carnifex displayed all the mannerisms and decorum befitting one who had spent many, many years in noble society. He could remember His early childhood years honing and refining such noble traits, at the hand of private tutors and His own parents; who themselves were exiled nobility.

Such memories dredged up darker ones, ones that He best left unspoken.

"I pray everything is to your liking, dearest Danger." The dishes contained many delicacies native to Naboo, but also included ingredients sources from the Dark Lord's destroyed homeworld. Before Panatha's destruction, the Dark Lord ordered samples to be taken of every flora and fauna found on Panatha. He then carefully replicated Panatha's ecosystem on the Malsheem within large biomes, preserving what pieces of His homeworld He could. It was all that was left now.

It was something He closely guarded these days, and now Danger had the privilege of tasting His homeworld's cuisine.

0DQhPSk.jpeg

The evening with Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex commenced in the most delightful manner. As they settled at the table, the sun descended in a glorious display of burnt citrine and canary yellow hues, painting the sky in a soft lavender pink as dusk approached. The candlelight danced in her glass, casting a fiery amber glow upon her chosen beverage, a selection made with the utmost care to complement the meal.

Every aspect of the feast delighted the senses: rich, savory dishes that tantalized the taste buds and captivated the eyes. It was evident that Kaine had spared no effort in crafting a lavish and memorable dinner for the Queen of Trade, and Danger was deeply touched by his thoughtful gesture. It had been too long since she had been treated with such kindness, not since the passing of Alric, and she found herself appreciating the attention more than she had expected.

"Everything is simply divine, Kaine," Danger confessed with a warm smile, her Southern drawl lending a melodic cadence to her words. "Some of these delicacies are new to me, but they are utterly delightful. Would you mind sharin' their origins with me? While I recognize a few from Naboo, the others are a delightful mystery."

CS3FUG8.png

After the Dark Lord's failed ritual to acquire immortality led to the division between Himself and the being that would become Demiurge, He'd been unable to enjoy the finer aspects of existence He'd once cherished. Taste had all but evaporated, touch was non-existent, and even smell, hearing, and sight were fleeing from Him. Had He been unable to reverse it, He would've become a prisoner; incapable of experiencing the world beyond His own mind. Fortunately, He'd averted that grisly fate and reunited with Demiurge, becoming whole again.

Even now, years later, the taste of food was a great delight. He did not engorge Himself, that was impolite and unbecoming of His noble upbringing. Rather, He greatly savored each bite, each morsel. He let the flavors ingratiate themselves with His taste buds, allowing every corner of His mouth to sample the pleasure. Whenever He drank, He did so carefully, not wanting to imbibe too quickly lest He diminish the sensation. Every dish was expertly paired to better enhance the other, resulting in a symphony of excellence.

He paused, however, when Danger inquired as to the origin of several dishes. His eyes looked at the food for a moment, before locking back on Danger's. Few could hold His glance for more than moment's breath, but to Danger His eyes did not radiate malice or danger, but familiarity and appreciation. "You are correct, several of the dishes are from here on Naboo. But the rest? They were cultivated from the flora and fauna of my homeworld, Panatha. Before it's destruction, I was able to safeguard a great deal of my homeworld's native plants and animals, and I have been able to painstaking create the customary dishes of my people."

After taking a drink of amber liquid, from a vintage that had once been native to Panatha, He continued. "With my homeworld now reduced to ashes, my people cling to what vestiges of their culture they've managed to take with them. Recipes passed down through the generations are among the greatest reminders of home we have preserved. You are one of the first outside my people to experience our cuisine, because there is no one else I can think of as deserving as you, Danger Arceneau."

Hearing about the lengths Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex had gone to preserve his culture warmed Danger's heart. The smile on her full lips widened, and a warmth kindled in her emerald-fire eyes. She was not only impressed but genuinely honored.

"Once again, you leave me speechless, Kaine. I'm truly honored to enjoy the fruits of your labor in preserving these recipes." Everything was delicious, truly so. She wondered if her girls would be interested in such cuisine too. They had discussed visiting Malsheem, so perhaps they'd have the chance to experience it firsthand.

A thought struck her, and she asked, "While I know you've preserved so much on Malsheem, have you considered searching for a new homeworld for your people?"

From what she understood, the Epicanthix were a people who typically conquered other nations, absorbing their culture and people what they believed was not only beautiful but functional. Would that be the case when finding a new world to call home? Danger mused on the possibilities, her mind racing with the implications of such a move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom